Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. (3152 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 / OMG!!! Blackberry Is Moving Completely To Android OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Following the moderate commercial success and generally positive reception of its latest Priv smartphone, BlackBerry has announced that it is going all-in as far as Android is concerned. Company CEO John Chen confirmed in an interview at CES that all BlackBerry smartphones launched this year will run Google's operating system. One could say this move has been a long time coming, and it's better late than never. Once an industry juggernaut, BlackBerry has struggled for a good part of the last decade to find favor with new users, who care increasingly less about BlackBerry's core strengths in enterprise and security and more about things like apps and games, something the now distinctly long in tooth BlackBerry OS was never good at. The move to Android has already won the company some brownie points in the past few weeks so it's good to see the company continue down that road. Chen refused to comment on the availability and details of the upcoming devices.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Maximum83: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
safo99:
Following the moderate commercial success and
generally positive reception of its latest Priv
smartphone, BlackBerry has announced that it is
going all-in as far as Android is concerned. Company
CEO John Chen confirmed in an interview at CES that
all BlackBerry smartphones launched this year will
run Google's operating system.
One could say this move has been a long time
coming, and it's better late than never. Once an
industry juggernaut, BlackBerry has struggled for a
good part of the last decade to find favor with new
users, who care increasingly less about BlackBerry's
core strengths in enterprise and security and more
about things like apps and games, something the
now distinctly long in tooth BlackBerry OS was never
good at. The move to Android has already won the
company some brownie points in the past few weeks
so it's good to see the company continue down that
road.
Chen refused to comment on the availability and
details of the upcoming devices.
I think is good for them. They have been struggling in Nigeria no thanks to the Chinese OEMs like Tecno that have given them a run for their money
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Maximum83:
I think is good for them. They have been struggling in Nigeria no thanks to the Chinese OEMs like Tecno that have given them a run for their money
So they shud just forget about their fluid and responsive BB10 os?
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Ameboperoo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
na now they wake up
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by daphid25(m): 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hope its not too late cos Blackberry o jawo mo, Tecno ti take over
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by mutvy: 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
I pray this move does not affect Blackberry Internet Service(B I S). E go pain me o.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Very soon,microsoft will join then followed by the great "fruity"company,by 2020,they will be only one mobile OS which is ANDROID.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
mutvy:
I pray this move does not affect Blackberry Internet Service(B I S). E go pain me o.

Lol bad nigga
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Youngpo413:
Very soon,microsoft will join then followed by the great "fruity"company,by 2020,they will be only one mobile OS which is ANDROID.
Baba I doubt if dat fruity company will eva join android o.. Pride is highly involved here bro.. And ios is growing each year so its gonna be really hard for such a move.. As for microsoft its highly possible, those ones na dead oem..hate dem wit passion
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by olahero(m): 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Android rules, the only problem Nigerians are facing on the platform is Internet DATA stuff, Android phones works great all the time. #TeamAndroid
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Lekmight1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Naso me dey plan buy bb z30 jae jae, b4 i see dis good bad new, so bb 10 os no get future again embarassed
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
safo99:

Baba I doubt if dat fruity company will eva join android o.. Pride is highly involved here bro.. And ios is growing each year so its gonna be really hard for such a move.. As for microsoft its highly possible, those ones na dead oem..hate dem wit passion
yeah microsoft (mobile division)is dead,even their so_called windows 10 is DOA....as for the fruity company,never say never,Nokia,blackberry and motorola are the perfect examples.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Some people are just naturally fools. They can't make a statement without including tecno.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by dasphinx1(m): 12:32am On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:

Bros, i am suprised this statement is coming from you o....You wey hate android and love windows OS like " buredi agege" grin As for the fruity company, its fans and their "sheepy" nature no go allow such....bro, iphans plenty gan mhen.. cheesy
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 3:08am On Jan 09, 2016
dasphinx1:

Bros, i am suprised this statement is coming from you o....You wey hate android and love windows OS like " buredi agege" grin As for the fruity company, its fans and their "sheepy" nature no go allow such....bro, iphans plenty gan mhen.. cheesy
There is no OS like android,other OS users are suffering and smiling.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Justiyke4u: 6:55am On Jan 09, 2016
I remember those days when blackberry user used to cast android users anyhow bit how about now
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 7:05am On Jan 09, 2016
mutvy:

undecided
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
Microsoft join who? what android? If there is any os going down btw ios-android-windows it would be android.

Just incase you don't know....samsung just announced a 'galaxy' tab running windows! (Remb galaxy is for android) android is already dead on tablets!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Microsoft join who? what android? If there is any os going down btw ios-android-windows it would be android.

Just incase you don't know....samsung just announced a 'galaxy' tab running windows! (Remb galaxy is for android) android is already dead on tablets!
that's what samsung normally do when microsoft upgrades their OS,"galaxies" are not only for the great android,the first samsung tab running windows was the galaxy Ativ during windows 8,then followed by galaxy Ativ 2,during windows 8.1,so this dead on arrival windows 10,samsung will surely try their luck too,even other OEMs,but at the end,all of them will still return to the great android....the only threat to the great Android is that fruity company and I believe with time,they too will pass,as for windows mobile,that one is dead already,what goes around comes around,they killed my lovely Nokia and hoping to live? That's a mission impossible! (Rogue Nation).

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
that's what samsung normally do when microsoft upgrades their OS,"galaxies" are not only for the great android,the first samsung tab running windows was the galaxy Ativ during windows 8,then followed by galaxy Ativ 2,during windows 8.1,so this dead on arrival windows 10,samsung will surely try their luck too,even other OEMs,but at the end,all of them will still return to the great android....the only threat to the great Android is that fruity company and I believe with time,they too will pass,as for windows mobile,that one is dead already,what goes around comes around,they killed my lovely Nokia and hoping to live? That's a mission impossible! (Rogue Nation).
Ur great nokia shot itself in d foot by choosing windows ova android.. Das wat brot their downfall.. @ least dey tried their best to make d windows mobile gain attraction in d market.. Wit d likes of lumia 1020.. Dat camera sha.. But still dey cudnt just cope wit d way android was growing.. Same wit blackberry.. Blackberry wan form smart with BB10.. Wen dem see say market don leave dem dey tried portin android apps to bb 10 still yet e no make market grow.. Now they are going full android.. Even samsung OS recently over took bb as d 4th largest os..matter of time I Blv tizen will over take microsoft too.. Tizen is much like android..

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2016
safo99:

Ur great nokia shot itself in d foot by choosing windows ova android.. Das wat brot their downfall.. @ least dey tried their best to make d windows mobile gain attraction in d market.. Wit d likes of lumia 1020.. Dat camera sha.. But still dey cudnt just cope wit d way android was growing.. Same wit blackberry.. Blackberry wan form smart with BB10.. Wen dem see say market don leave dem dey tried portin android apps to bb 10 still yet e no make market grow.. Now they are going full android.. Even samsung OS recently over took bb as d 4th largest os..matter of time I Blv tizen will over take microsoft too.. Tizen is much like android..
that's true.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
1. Dude samsung never ever called a non android galaxy! The windows tab were called "samsung ativ"

www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ativ_tab_p8510-5081.php

www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-ATIV-Tab-3_id7907

2. You call widows dead on arrival? Dude? Surface 4 was the best tablet last year and samsung is just trying to follow suit....

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Dude samsung never ever called a non android galaxy! The windows tab were called "samsung ativ"

www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ativ_tab_p8510-5081.php

www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-ATIV-Tab-3_id7907

2. You call widows dead on arrival? Dude? Surface 4 was the best tablet last year and samsung is just trying to follow suit....
Thanks for the correction...but the "galaxy" won't make any difference.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
Thanks for the correction...but the "galaxy" won't make any difference.
It does...

It means samsung might consider, plan or have even dropped android for their tablets...
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
PhonePlanet:

It does...

It means samsung might consider, plan or have even dropped android for their tablets...
mission impossible (ghost protocol)
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
mission impossible (ghost protocol)
""MIGHT"" you never know!
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
PhonePlanet:
""MIGHT"" you never know!
Time will tell.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Defaramade(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
Youngpo413:
There is no OS like android,other OS users are suffering and smiling.
Buahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet:

It does...

Stop the misinformation.
Samsung is a multi-OS company. It builds for Android, Tizen and Windows.
It makes more money than any other OM from Android.
Their flagship tablet, the S - series are still the most Powerful Android tablet.
Samsung has no plan of dropping Android for now.
It develops Tizen to avoid 100% reliance on Google Android.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 10, 2016
Abeg make em start kia kia..... If na the same unlimited sub, If e go fit tweak, if e go fit use flash share...... I go sell this ma Tecno nd buy am o
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by PhonePlanet(m): 1:17am On Jan 10, 2016
petaling:

Stop the misinformation.
Samsung is a multi-OS company. It builds for Android, Tizen and Windows.
It makes more money than any other OM from Android.
Their flagship tablet, the S - series are still the most Powerful Android tablet.
Samsung has no plan of dropping Android for now.
It develops Tizen to avoid 100% reliance on Google Android.

Scroll up and follow all our discussion before you talk...

You just read one reply and your opening your mouth...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S X521 Gaming Review (modern Combat, Pokemon Go And Others) / New Trick To Get Free Stuff On Amazon 2018! / The Phone With The Golden Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.