Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? (493 Views)

Youths Wear Goodluck Jonathan Mask In Kano As Ex President Visits (Pics) / Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour / Standing Order Used For Saraki Election A Fake, Say Ex-senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? by dotcomnamename: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is not a news again that the PDP spokeman Olisa Metuh as been arrested by EFCC with the former PDP chairman and his son, including some PDP apparachik owing to the ongoing revelations on Dasukigate.
Some part of this money that was embelzzle by these people was used for the electioneering Campaign of former Goodluck Jonathan but to be thoroughly candid, such huge amount of cannot be released to these people without the consent and the imprimatur of Former President Goodluck Jonathan.
My Question is that: Why can't EFCC get Jonathan arrested since the man is involved in this Case?? I could remember that when EFCC write Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, the woman reply them by saying she received a go ahead from Goodluck Jonathan before she collected some certain amount of money from Dasuki.

In conclusion, Are we saying that once anybody becomes the president of this country, such a person is automatically above the Law of this country??

Mature, Reasonable & Polite answer please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? by MrPolitics: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Constitutionally, no one is above the law but some countries like US try to cover up crimes by their past presidents so as not to tarnish the office of the president.

I read once, that GEJ being a free man if he loses is one of the agreements of the peace accord they signed.

Also, after GEJ's conduct during the elections, I doubt he'll go to jail

1 Like

Re: Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? by modath(f): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
MrPolitics:
Constitutionally, no one is above the law but some countries like US try to cover up crimes by their past presidents so as not to tarnish the office of the president.

I read once, that GEJ being a free man if he loses is one of the agreements of the peace accord they signed.

Also, after GEJ's conduct during the elections, I doubt he'll go to jail

In addition, I feel the supporters club is being made to take the fall so serve as deterrent to others who obey illegal orders!

1 Like

Re: Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
GEJ should be prosecuted on what grounds? What happens to other past military head of states? What's good for them is good for him because using any yardstick, he contributed to economic growth more than all the military boots turned politicians.

Since APC rode to power on propaganda, I hope it sustains them with the dwindling economy, constant book haram attack, sharp rise in unemployment etc

You lot should concentrate on prosecuting PDP members while the whole world is moving at jet speed.

8 months gone without any articulate agenda on key and pertinent economic development issues.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Report Here If You Missed Me / OMG!!! Three Family Members Die In An Inferno / Caption This Funny Photo Of Kaduna Official Eating In A Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.