Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,035 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? (4571 Views)

Babangida Unites Political Enemies At Daughter's Wedding In Minna / EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti / SCANDAL! Buhari Using Boko Haram Funds To Fight Political Enemies - US, UK Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by naijaboy756: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2016
wirinet:

Are you sane? I asked for link to the petition and you are linking us to a nairaland page linking us to another site showing a snap shot of the cover of a petition. Are you people telling us you are afraid to put a digital copy of the petition online?

Do your group ( IPOB, PDP or wailing wailers) a favour and take up Amaechi's challenge, show us the indictment.
confirmed lazy and dull boi. Open d link, the full petition is there. Stop been lazy.. No wonder you are a PMB supporter
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by allthingsgood: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

What happened to the court ruling on dasuki, akpobolokemi and kanu after being granted bail? Is that not a way of rubbishing the court and telling them that they don't know anything?

You are confusing issues. Those guys were arrested on seperate charges in different courts. Dont mix their different issues up.

And kanu was released by the court pending when formal charges are filed. Those charges have now been filed, so your complains have no merit
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by LMFashions: 9:28am On Jan 09, 2016
allthingsgood:

You are confusing issues. Those guys were arrested on seperate charges in different courts. Dont mix their different issues up.

And kanu was released by the court pending when formal charges are filed. Those charges have now been filed, so your complains have no merit

Kanu was released but never stepped his feet out of the DSS office. Truly you guys deserve the kind of leaders you get. See your reasoning.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by naijaboy756: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Kanu was released but never stepped his feet out of the DSS office. Truly you guys deserve the kind of leaders you get. See your reasoning.
my dear. It is scary how they try to defend rubbish.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by cckris: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2016
Rose2014:

Who will prove? Judges or courts that have bn reduced to nothing
General Buhari DESTROYED Nigeria, the day he DECLARED ON LIVE TELEVISION, that alleged offenders, would jump bail, and therefore GENERAL BUHARI TOOK OVER THE POWERS OF THE JUDGES, to interpret the the Laws of Nigeria, and to make PRONOUNCEMENTS on the fate of YET TO BE TRIED ALLEGED OFFENDERS.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by cckris: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2016
Rose2014:

Who will prove? Judges or courts that have bn reduced to nothing
If the ELECTED LEADER doesn't regard the Judiciary as Honourable, his followers may even show disdain and contempt for the Judges.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by allthingsgood: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Of cos. When you declare war of nigeria, we will put you in your place. Kanu will die in prison, but nigeria will wax stronger

Btw I thot he does not recognise nigerian law. Why is he complaining nw
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by shaqhead: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2016
@ sincere9gerian Son, You dnt seem to see the big picture! PMB is fighting his CORRUPT POLITICAL ENEMIES....yes! using one stone to kill 2 birds!

There is ds subtle mind manipulation thing the PDP is toying with and folks like u have fallen for or chose to fall for!

The PDP is trying to change the narrative of d probe of monies intended to fight d war on insurgency which is what it is to one of a victim mentality of "probing campaign funds". Was dt d original intention of d probe? One thing leads to another and d cankerworm has bn opened for us to hear of ridiculous amounts used for equally ridiculous purposes!

Now that their hands hav bn caught in d cookie jar the PDP is now throwin into d public space issues that bother on how campaigns are funded when they bled our coffers dry in that regard. Really? The PDP? Will they have brought this up if they were back in d saddle? Your guess is as good as mine.

Yes 90 percent are pdp members in this arms probe and not campaign funds probe because the pdp was in govt. Imagine the EFCC opens the books of the states in the last admin..d same 90percent of pdp folks wl show up cos they were in control of the states and u folks wl shout witchhunting again.

Havin accountability in how campaign funds are sourced and spent is important but this is an issue that has bn dealt with at different fora before now by different commentators. Nothing new! Havin d political will to implement it is anoda issue altogeda! How come folks like you will conveniently want to forget that there was a crowdfunding platform set up by d APC in d last elections? That was a big leap frm what the PDP wdnt have thought of becos they had access to our vault.I believe it had potential if only it was allowed to thrive but if my memory doesnt fail me, i remembr it was axed at its infancy. Was that sufficient for d whole APC campaigns? ofcourse Not! Did dat provide an alternative source of funding and less inclination to dip hands into d public till? Definitely! This is what is obtainable in saner climes which encourages a more robust citizen participation in governance!

We need legislation in this regard!

If only the PDP has "witchhunted" its corrupt political enemies... wdnt we b havin ppl know that there are going to b consequences or worse still "steal with conscience"? But we had a govt wc was a "come and chop free restaurant"!

Let the govt continue in fighting corruption or " fighting its political enemies" as u want us to see it but one thing is clear at the next presidential election EVERY party will go out of their way to put forth candidates with a non corrupt history jst lyk d PDP cdnt find ONE act of corruption against Buhari. Its a win for us except you are one of dose that ate more than yam and even ate goats!
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by naijaking1: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2016
amaechi1:

So, they should walk away with loot?

First of all, establish that they have a loot in their possession. That process is called the court of law.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by cckris: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijaking1:

First of all, establish that they have a loot in their possession. That process is called the court of law.
The President of Nigeria is also the Chief Justice.

That is the Change.
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by 1wolex85: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

Buhari is corruption himself

Even his budget, tells us how he plans to steal using his Northern brothers to siphon money for himself and the North.

Imagine allocating meager money to the most important ministries headed by Southerners while allocating to less important ministries headed by Northerners huge sums of money

Unfortunately, gullible people like the poster above keeps defending him

https://www.nairaland.com/2848777/buharis-budget-consolidation-coruption-remi

This link is my proof of how Buhari outsmarted the so called sophisticated ones like the poster I quoted. cool cool
can you please enlighten me. you say ministries headed by northerners have more money allocated to them. don't those ministries traditionally have higher budgets? what is the significance of your post? I will really like to know
Re: Is Buhari Fighting Corruption Or His Political Enemies? by figment232(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
arresa:
Nigerians kicked out the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth and elected PMB to fight corruption, locked up corrupt people and looters and return our stolen money so what part of this is confusing to you?

1. To Nigerians, PMB is fighting corruption.

2. To crooks, corrupt people, anti Nigerian elements like IpOds and other disgruntled losers, PMB is fighting enemies..

You don't have to keep proving to us that you are part of number 2...
WHY IS AMAECHI WALKING FREE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idps Resort To Street Begging In Jigawa / Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills / Why Are The Northerners Not Shouting "Atikuloot"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.