Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers (58942 Views)

5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate / Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
Jacko01:
Praise God was expecting one wosky guy see fine boy sef..... Am happy fo u story.... Shows art students deceive theirself..... A 3rd class engr student is first class art student
when did psychology become art guy?
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by ola1982(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
smileyz16:
eleyi gidigan ooo..
every carryover was a hit bak to bak frm gns101 to mts..iyalaya won first class ti takeover
egbon vc if u want d certificate cum nd collect it

biko #leavethrashforlawma
even basketmouth can not compose this kind of joke grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by waleylagboy: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
God will do his wonders in my life also
...cos am having similar story with him....... I believe I'll come out with 1st class

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Owiii(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
owukpa:
BSU Student Breaks Academic Record, Bags First Class After 17 Carryovers (PHOTOS)

.The young resilient Idoma boy from Ohimini, the worst student in Physics, with 17 carryovers to his name will subsequently graduate from the same University from the Psychology Department with a First Class Degree with a CGPA of 4.57. His outstanding performance broke many records in the University; the first “First Class” result in the Department of Psychology since inception of the University in 1992.

http://www.idomavoice.com/2016/01/exclusive-idoma-boy-breaks-bsu-academic.html?m=1

He was my School mate at Federal Government College Otobi. Odeh Hilary Isaac Ochekliye...We are proud of you. FGC Otobi 2003 Set

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by LastProphet: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
17 unit carryover & graduated wt 1st class?
I kinda doubt ds story.
How many years did he spend in d uni? And are der no pre-requisite courses??

Anyway congrats to him

always read before commenting, indomie generation
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by donblade855: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
refiner:

lol....my dear I read it before commenting....believ it or not..
let me believe you because your profile pic looks pretty
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by angiography(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
You're too lazy to read the post yet too eager to post a comment.

Spits
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by chiol: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
EllisMorgan:

I shudder at ur reasoning. Its so not logical. Did u read the part where he said he was frustrated and lost interest cos he wasn't given the course of his choice?
He had failed psychologically even b4 he started studying physics hence his performance. Ur premise that physics is a more difficult course is faulty. I so submit.

Truth is bitter and a trial will convince you. Try and borrow a course from any of these departments-Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Engineering, you will understand better. Students from science and engineering faculties, most times borrow courses from arts, education and even social sciences to boost their GP.

Yes, interest in a course is a factor too but some courses are tougher than others. You can't brag for me with your first class in Physical education (jumpology). Lol
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by sademola: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Always read before commenting
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by EmekaBlue(m): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
hahaha..me wey no fail single course i no even near 4.5.....Congrats
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
passe:

Some people read to reply while others read to understand. He studied Physics initially in the same University and had 17 carry overs which affected his GPA negatively hence was asked to withdraw from the program.He reapplied for JAMB and got admitted to the same university to study Psychology and graduated with First Class.

Obviously, Physics was not his real choice of study.
Psychology was also not his real choice of study. Medicine was his first choice. Most people that ended up in the physical sciences never wanted to study them. and some still manage to grad with excellent grades.
in summary,
he couldn't cope with the rigorous nature of studying physics, therefore dropped out for something easier. No shame in that, doesn't make him less intelligent.

How is it even possible to have 27 carry overs?
In a standard university, he would have been advised to withdraw after failing maths, physics and chemistry(3 courses) in his first semester, since those would be prerequisite to 2nd semester courses.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by refiner(f): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
donblade855:
let me believe you because your profile pic looks pretty

lol....don't believ again
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
chiol:

Truth is bitter and a trial will convince you. Try and borrow a course from any of these departments-Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Engineering, you will understand better. Students from science and engineering faculties, most times borrow courses from arts, education and even social sciences to boost their GP.

Yes, interest in a course is a factor too but some courses are tougher than others. You can't brag for me with your first class in Physical education (jumpology). Lol
bro, i know of someone who transferred from zoology department to study psychology as a result of the difficulty, and she's doing worse than when she was in zoology, i also know of someone who was a 2.2 engineering student, started afresh with psychology and now he's on first class almost on 5.0, what am I trying to say? Everyone knows science courses are difficult but it also boils down to interest,.. Psychology isn't as easy as you think, that your friend didn't go deep he just did the basics, I'm studying psychology and i know what I'm saying.. If you are interested in something, it'll be a whole lot easier for you.... Psychology has different aspects.... Maybe you should read more on psychology!!
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by unilagfreshest(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
Walesadeyemi:

He started with physics and then switched to psychology.

We that graduated from the physics department of unilag know what our eyes saw. Physics is not an easy course to study in any university.
I concur my bro.. if u knw wetin amaechi use my eyes see.. F back 2 back.. I studied csc..
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by omenka(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
He was in Physics when he had the carry overs. He changed department to Psych.

It pays to read before commenting.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by BeauHomme: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Are allergic to reading?gringrin
Pls try to read the story before you comment.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by mrbeanze00: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
refiner:
woaàaaw!!! I refuse to believe....if its true den he is a miracle child......his brain must be as sharp as his looks.....kudos
na true ooo ooo I no him in person
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Jodesky(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

You can never understand, since u didn't go to college.
A story as straightforward as can be.
Let any graduate in your community explain to you in details.
Smh
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Walesadeyemi(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
unilagfreshest:

I concur my bro.. if u knw wetin amaechi use my eyes see.. F back 2 back.. I studied csc..
Amaechi is an idiot, he failed me too once in PHS 203 after repeating his test questions as his exam questions.
He gave people scores like 02/100, 07/100 and so on. That Man really needs Jesus Coz he's a very wicked man.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by drss2(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
hahahahahah dis hilary guy was like me o! grin congrats to him.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Vision4God: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
Jodesky:

You can never understand, since u didn't go to college.
A story as straightforward as can be.
Let any graduate in your community explain to you in details.
Smh

Na u sabi...smh
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by SeanDada1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Try get 17 carryovers in ur 1st year in UNIZIK, then sorry na ur name!!! U can never never met up! I swear!!!
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Vision4God: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
rottennaija:

17 carryover may not have been for the same program. I think the first course he studied, physics may not have been his area of interest.

O k. Thnks 4d clarity
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by stagger: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
In my school those days, carry over could only attract a maximum of C. So how did the 1st class come about? Did he change course?
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by okangisaiah(f): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
Smily202:
People don't read..... they will just jump into comment.......

Just wonder why people read articles with judgement. With that you can't read what is written but what is in your mind and they start commenting negative things.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by orlahboi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
It was possible because he discovered himself and was courageous to take a life changing bold step.
When you believe, nothing is impossible.......
#I_BELIEVE

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by unilagfreshest(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Walesadeyemi:

Amaechi is an idiot, he failed me too once in PHS 203 after repeating his test questions as his exam questions.
He gave people scores like 02/100, 07/100 and so on. That Man really needs Jesus Coz he's a very wicked man.
U can't say it better my bro.. ours is phs 263, we were crying in exam hall.. outta 60, 1A, 3c, 2D, 12E, 42F , it was like film trick. A physics graduate in unilag can survive in hell fire..

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wow....always give urself a second Chance in life

We are all born to be great smiley
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
smileyz16:
eleyi gidigan ooo..
every carryover was a hit bak to bak frm gns101 to mts..iyalaya won first class ti takeover
egbon vc if u want d certificate cum nd collect it

biko #leavethrashforlawma

Lol chai Nigerians everything una go use take joke .Sometimes is good to laugh once I'm a while jore even after the frustration Nigerian they give their head
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by pdonrule(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
did you read the story at all?
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by OAUTemitayo: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Misogynist2014:
Not in Great Ife
True talk my brother.
A single carry over and you go dey beg for 2.2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Exam Hall In 1999 And 2014, Which Do You Prefer? / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes / Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.