Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers (58950 Views)

5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate / Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by onyxo76(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
17 carry overs and first class? it was when i read further to find out that he changed departments that i got a clearer picture, but then having 17 carry overs would have really battered your GP silly...in any case i say a big congrats to him.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by STARGREEN(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
Congrats. You have found your calling
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by onyxo76(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Why are so many people commenting without reading? The interesting topic is even enough to make you curious enough, Don't you all want to know how he did it? He got 17 carryovers in physics department, Wrote JAMB and apply for Psychology in the same university. In essence he started afresh after getting the 17 carryovers when he was already in 300lv of the physics department. Learn to Read! This is why i always tell the new intakes having a CGPA of below 1.0 or a very low CGPA to start afresh instead of crawling with that CGPA. You can imagine some people in 500Level/Final year having 0.7 CGPA, What do you want to do with it? If only you started afresh much earlier.
i don't its possible to have 0.7 CGPA in 500L, you can only be below 1.0 for just a semester during which you are on probation...if you fail to make 1.00 in the next semester then it's bye bye..
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Walesadeyemi(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
unilagfreshest:

U can't say it better my bro.. ours is phs 263, we were crying in exam hall.. outta 60, 1A, 3c, 2D, 12E, 42F , it was like film trick. A physics graduate in unilag can survive in hell fire..
Rotfl......I don't know about that o but its a terrible situation over there sha
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by donblade855: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
refiner:

lol....don't believ again
i cant help but to believe you again o
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by kingdaxn: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
17 unit carryover & graduated wt 1st class?
I kinda doubt ds story.
How many years did he spend in d uni? And are der no pre-requisite courses??

Anyway congrats to him

Mr man read well, simple story you couldn't understand. oga o.

he started school again, so what's prerequisite in this, or you sha wan make we know you sabi one thing called prerequisite.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by eugeniks(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Walesadeyemi:

He started with physics and then switched to psychology.

We that graduated from the physics department of unilag know what our eyes saw. Physics is not an easy course to study in any university.

There is no easy course to study in school, ranging from Physics to Psychology
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Drdonzeez(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
This portrays Nigerian students poor reading ability..pls take your time to go through the story.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by CandiceJay(f): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Truth is, every student will want to justify how difficult his/her department is, ESPECIALLY wen dey are failing. You hear things like "Ah Engineering is so difficult, if i was in philosophy, my 2:2 will be a 1st class" (Stories). But let it be known dat you cant perform well in a department you av no pre-training for. As an Engineering student, u can neva do better in political science nd vice-versa cus u av no pre-knowledge of d course nd ur interest in it also greatly matters. So to all d physics students, yes ur course is difficult and only you guys can excel in it bt dnt be so silly as to compare it with oda courses. YOU WILL FAIL WOEFULLY!!!

3 Likes

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
broaden your knowledge about psychology... And don't b ignorant... To those that spew shit about psychology

Myths About Psychology

Common Misconceptions
By Kendra Cherry, Psychology Expert
Updated April 06, 2015.
For many people, their first experience with the field of psychology happens when they take an introductory course in the topic to fulfill a university general education requirement. No wonder that there are so many different misconceptions about exactly what psychology is and isn't! Here are just a few of the most common misunderstandings.

Myth 1: Psychology Is Easy
This misconception is perhaps the first one dispelled for many students as they struggle through their general psychology courses.
Continue Reading Below
Why do some people mistakenly believe that psychology is simple and easy? The reason might be because many tend to assume that since they have so much personal experience with human behavior, that they will just naturally be experts on the subject.
Obviously, no one would suggest that an English class would be an easy A just because you speak English. Just like English can be a challenging subject for any native speaker, psychology classes can be just as tough, particularly for students who have little experience with the subject or who have a limited background in subjects such as science and math.

just because psychology is challenging does not mean that it isn't accessible to anyone who might take an interest in it. While there might be a learning curve, you can definitely
succeed in your psychology classes with effort and determination.

Myth 2: Psychology Is Just Common Sense
Often after hearing about the latest psychological research, people tend to have an "Of Course!" type of response. "Of course that's true! Why do people even waste their time researching stuff that's just common sense?" people sometimes exclaim.
Continue Reading Below
But is it really? Pick up any book outlining some of the most famous experiments in the history of psychology and what you'll quickly realize is that much of this research refutes what was believed to be common sense at the time. Would you deliver potentially fatal electrical shocks to a stranger just because an authority figure told you to? Common sense might have you emphatically saying no, but psychologist Stanley Milgram famously demonstrated in an obedience experiment that the vast majority of people would do such a thing.
That's the thing about common sense – just because something seems like it should be true does not necessarily mean that it is. Researchers are able to take some of these questions and presumptions about human behavior and test them scientifically, assessing the truth or falsehood in some of our commonly held beliefs about ourselves. By using scientific methods , experimenters can investigate human issues objectively and fairly.

Myth 3: You Can Become a Therapist with a Bachelor's Degree
In order to become a practicing therapist, you will need at least a master's degree in a field such as psychology, counseling, social work, or advanced
psychiatric nursing . There are many opportunities to work in the field of mental health at the bachelor's level, but these positions tend to be considered entry-level. You cannot open your own private therapy practice with just a bachelor's degree.
It is also important to be aware that the professional title "Psychologist " is a regulated term. In order to call yourself a psychologist, you need to earn a doctorate degree in psychology , complete a supervised internship, and pass state licensing exams.

Myth 4: Psychologists Get Paid Lots of Money to Listen to People Talk
Certainly some psychologists are very well compensated for their work. But the notion that they are just passively sitting back, doodling on a yellow notepad while their clients ramble on could not be further from the truth. The traditional talk therapy is only one technique that a therapist might use, and it's certainly not a passive process. Throughout these sessions, therapists are actively engaged in listening to the client, asking questions, providing advice, and helping clients develop solutions to put into daily practice.

Psychologists actually work in a wide number of professions and perform an enormous range of different duties. Salaries can vary just as dramatically. Some of the lowest paying psychology jobs start out in the $20,000 - $30,000 range, while the highest paying jobs can reach up in the $100,000 to $250,000 range. Factors such as specialty area, educational background, and years of experience are what determine salary.

Myth 5: Psychology Isn't a Real Science
Another common myth about psychology is that it isn't a real science. First, let's examine exactly what science is and is not.
Some key characteristics of a science:
As you can see, psychology relies on all of these methods in order to investigate human and animal behavior. Researchers utilize the scientific method to conduct research, which means that variables are controlled and operationally defined. Experimenters are able to test different hypotheses and use statistical analysis to determine the likelihood that such results are due merely to chance. Psychologists also present their findings in a way that makes it possible for other researchers to replicate their experiments and methods in the future.
Psychology might be a relatively young science in the grand scheme of things, but is indeed a real science. However, it is important to note that scientific psychology does have some limitations. Human behavior can vary and change over time, so what is true in one particular time and place might not necessarily apply in different situations, settings, cultures, or societies.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by kachnov(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
cool...almost miracle-like.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by obi4all(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
this can't happen in university of Nigeria. I have. m y reasons
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Biosahal: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
He has discovered his talent
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by mamaafrik(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
u didnt bother to read the post,did you??
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nauttyprof(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

It's best reading the story in full before commenting. If you had read the details, you will understand that this is possible.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by ZICCKOde1st(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

U obviously didn't read the story! He failed in physics, withdrew, got admitted into psychology and got a first class. Next time, try digest you hear?!
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Mackson01: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
Discovery give room to recovery
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by vexing(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
Please read d complete story before making comments. He change his department.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by mostyg(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Please always read articles/stories before you comment.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by samju100(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
realGURU:
physics is not a child play nah, the worst in physics is the best in psychology, up physicist
it is not about physics, it all about interest. best graduating student in Futa bag 4.83 from physics dept. stop hyping any course.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by FISAYOADEX(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Will you die if you read the story before commenting? What a life![/color][color=#000099]
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by delsudave: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
I
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
na wah oooooooooooo, why can't you keep quiet if you can't read what was saif
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by emzila(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
Naija which way with our graduates and undergraduates they hardly read through before they jump into conclusion or better still, majority find it difficult to comprehend. from the write up above is obvious the guy change course and discover his talent with the new course but many of you didn't grab that.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by refiner(f): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
donblade855:
i cant help but to believe you again o

lol....OK kwantinue
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
My God, When will I have my own story to tell? Anyway sha, May God help ur dream.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Lolzz...dem go use mentions kill u today

Hahahaha
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Obidikejr(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
read15hrs straight this bro get mind..
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by okenikpoto(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Did you read the story at all or is it the headline you just read and ran to comment and start doubting? This is even how your own carry over starts.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by spidey77: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
U didn't read d post...if you did, you won't ask that question
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Obidikejr(m): 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
Snowangel4:

Lolzz...dem go use mentions kill u today
Hahahaha
LOl they are eatin him raw ALREADY he wont try such next time
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
17 carryover.. He dare no try try in danfodio university, na pass he go take graduate
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by dannyben5: 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
dats when his village witches finally leaves him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Exam Hall In 1999 And 2014, Which Do You Prefer? / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes / Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.