Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. (60070 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How To Answer The Greatest Weakness Question In An Interview / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by mrDennis(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect woman (or) man you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box"

cc: lalasticlala

stop deceiving yourself .. no one hires you because of such questions. also there are even LOTS of answers to that question and that answer also has it flaws .

OK ITS A WILD STORMY NIGHT ... YOU DECIDE TO STAY WITH THE WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS YOU WILL DIE OF PNEUMONIA !

are you riding a bicycle ? why can't u pick all 3 passengers lol

anyway like I said NO ONE HIRES you because of your answer to such questions (only) g
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ogmaskman: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
No genius here joor! wink
What if the Old woman is a witch? shocked
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool

In this circumstance this logic may not work. when faced with real work environment situation a decision must be taking asap.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by onlineadejoh(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
debraobas:
Kk, what abt a man who has a lion, a goat, a yam and a boat, and the boat can only carry one at a time, which of them will he carry first.

The goat first of course, lions don't feed on yam
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by cardoctor(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
The chances of this scenario happening in anyone's life will be 1%. I'm out of here joor.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by efechris(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:
Man was told to solve this moral Dilemma in a Job Interview. His answer is genius.

Question:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as a part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this. I might actually use it sometimes for an interview situation.

He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dream".

I won't help d old lady that looks like who wants to die, cos of naija police. I won't giv d lady a ride cos she might just b a bate to nab me by som armed robbers, will sure give the old friend that once saved my life the chance to ride with me

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Affegott(m): 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Old riddle
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by jabojafa(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn
den ur frnd wud lap d old lady and ur dream girl wud share d drivers seat.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by debraobas(f): 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
So after d goat which will be nxt?
onlineadejoh:

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Kbs468(m): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Op nothing spectacular here oo

A Stormy night, with just one space, and you give the Key to your friend, meaning he takes your place and the old woman fills the single space, then Off to the Hospital assuming he even knows how to drive.

Now he Drops her and returned with that single space to be filled by your Dream partner. Who among you and your friend will still stay behind again this time around?

Question mark right?

SEE, THE BEST DECISION IS TO GO WITH YOUR DREAM MAN OR WOMAN BECAUSE THE QUESTION WAS ORIGINALLY IN RELATION TO A BUSINESS MINDED-LIKE OUTLOOK

BECAUSE
SINCE IT'S A DREAM PARTNER, THEN YOU MUST BE FORWARD AND FUTURE THINKING, HENCE É MEAN SAY PEPPER GO REST FOR UNA AND LATER YOU GO FIT SORT OUT YOUR WAY WITH YOUR FRIEND STARTING WITH A REMORSEFUL APOLOGY AND THEN EXPLAIN THINGS TO HIM OR HER

YOUR FRIEND YES HELPED YOU IN THE PAST, SO THE SITUATION AT HAND DEMANDS A RADICAL APPROACH AND THE LATTER PART OF #1 ABOVE IS ALWAYS A FENCE MENDING MISSION AND IF YOU GUYS COULDN'T MEET AGAIN TILL YOU HEARD OF HIS OR HER DEATH, THAT'S ALL BECAUSE HE OR SHE COULD BE DESTINED FOR DEATH AFTER MEETING YOU AND THAT WOULD BE THE END OF YOUR CAR. OR WHAT IF YOU DIDN'T EVEN SHOWED UP, I WON'T HE OR SHE FIND HIS OR HER SQUAREROOT?

SINCE THE WOMAN IS OLD ALREADY, AND LOOKING LIKE SHE WANTS TO DIE, IF SHE EVENTUALLY DIED, NO PROBLEM BECAUSE SHE IS DUE ANYWAY AND THAT COULD BE SAFER THAN SHE DIEING IN YOUR CAR AND CAUSING YOU TROUBLE AFTERWARD. OR SINCE IT'S A BUS STOP, YOUR FRIEND AND OTHERS WOULD ALWAYS ATTEND TO HER WHILE THEY ALL WAIT FOR A BUS.

WHO KNOWS, SHE COULD ACTUALLY BE A DESTINY WRECKER WHO WANTS TO DIVERT YOUR ATTENTION FROM YOUR DREAM PARTNER.

YOU CAN ALWAYS EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOUR DREAM PARTNER WHILE DRIVING AND LET HIM OR HER KNOW THE VALUE YOU ATTACHED TO HIM OR HER AND HE OR SHE COULD PROBABLY ADVISE YOU TO TRACE THEM BACK TO RENDER ANOTHER CARING ATTITUDE TOWARDS THEM IF THEY ARE STILL AROUND THERE IF THE BUS STOP IS NOT KILOMETERS AWAY FROM HIS OR HER DESTINATION WHICH WOULD PORTRAY YOU AS CARING
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Arise001: 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:
What if your old friend has joined bad gang and decide to vamoose with your car? angry
What if your assumed dream woman is another olosho waiting for "short time" or "day break" customer? cheesy

So i wont employ your genius cos he is not only a careless fellow but a callous one too wink grin grin cool
Well I think if you know what it means to save a life then would you know how worthless stealing a car is. He did the right I think. The car would be returned to him eventually.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by LydayBobo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

What If people don't get anything done, they create more confusion.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Maximus85(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
DickDastardly:

Walai bobo yi ti sinwin. Wetin you think go that side. You make sense die. Put stay positive oooo. No be all babes be "complete" olosho.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by WHOcarex: 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Perfect reply.

But which kind silly comments be all these

Slowpokes everywhere!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by simdam500(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

This is a hypothetical situation...bro

meant to test the applicants' level of reasoning in the middle of a very difficult situation.

don't take it too personal!

u see the reason so many fail... we think too far and this is a dilemma on our path. brilliant people will say "no genius" but smart people will say "it genius"

why create an exception "what if" "what if" "what if". the question is straight without a single line of exception... so i'll say the guy is a genius.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by simdam500(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ODUBEZE: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

brilliant! he used one stone to kill 3 birds. kudos!
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
hannie20:
What if the friend doesn't know how to drive,huhn
Same came to my mind. Wat if the frnd dont no how to drive...
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
As for me, I'll hail my guy, tell d woman sorry o. Then pick d sharp babe and zoom off.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by ImpactWorld(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Okay, here is mine:

I will call 911 to take the old lady/woman to the hospital.
Then I will ask my old friend to drive while I share the passenger seat with my dream woman.
Yes, I can carry her on my laps irrespective of her weight or the distance.
(an adage says that food never gets too heavy for an ant)
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by donem: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
onlineadejoh:

You tried but ure still wrong. OK after taking the goat first which next?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by cybriz82(m): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Den d woman of ur dream must surely knw how to drive.n if she cnt.den give d old lady d key n tell her to go save herself.lemme see if she will nt get well sharp sharp.stay with ur dream girl.na ur frnd knw d next step he go tek cus u dn already try for am.no b ur force say him no sabi drive.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by scarr: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
I bet this crap would make FP like 5 more times this year just like it has in previous years

Same wordings same copy and paste

1 Like

Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by MrDoGood(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

That's the exact answer. I came across something like this during my secondary school days.

Thanks for the trow back.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by Nyceguy92: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Kelklein post=41814969]

I think the answer went outside the premise of the question.
The question required the driver to give a ride to one person by himself, not delegate.
I would consider who of the three has the least chance of surviving/weathering the storm.
The lady is a mere fantasy and no established relationship exists between her and the driver.
The sick lady is the only one who is handicapped because of her illness.
She should be the one to get the ride. This I will explain to my friend who once saved my life.
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by SWG1: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:

Definitely, spirit filled

Fortunately, it's ur post with bigmarx that I enjoy most. Tarry for awhile, when ur clouds are filled, it will rain on you untold blessing. I'm a living witness. many will through side comments on ur situation to make u lose hope but never meditate on them, rather cast down every imagination that wants to exalt itself above the knowledge of Christ in u. Tarry!

To the discussion!
This is Job interview, not church foster home interview

Your dream partner is ur new business prospect, your friend is a helper/ subordinate, the old woman represents a less business prospect.

so reconsider your answers
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by chukkystar(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Depends on the state, if Na Benin, girls for night na Olosho, guys Na cultists and old women Na winch... I go just zoom off
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by PheezyLee(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
What of if Ur friend can't drive? Lol
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by mykel25(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

Dumb answer I swear... in a "stormy night"? Won't the same thing OP saved his friend from kill him with his dream woman? The Bible said love your neighbour as yourself not love your neighbour more than yourself.....abi OP na Jesus wey go calm the storm after d friend have left with his car?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by kalus02: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kelklein:

Question:

What if ur old friend cannot drive?
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by murtaj(m): 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Why can't I think this deep!
Too much NL.......
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by dantobi: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
That was a perfect answer indeed
Re: Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. by mizlovette(f): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Epic answer. Brilliant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.