Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,158 members, 7,838,953 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. (11465 Views)

Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School? / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by danduchi(m): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2016
Brother, ur story is touching..Compass is quite expensive... I just graduated and studied geology, gat no money presently but I have Geological compass to help u with.. I stay in Kaduna don't kw how to get it across to you
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2016
boujaye:
there is nothing 419 in this case, all the proofs are there, he needs help and his account no. is asked for by some persons, those touched by God and can help will do so. I pray he gets as many help as possible to save somebody's future and life.
It's okay. Hopefully, he'll get the help he needs. Life is tough!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by jabolo(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

As pointed by bobo65, here is the bank details

Acc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC

Gabriel, break down what you actually need, how much?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obas101:

How long do u think d job will last? Nd mind you he's a guy he needs to build himself for a beta future. Dissapointed dis is coming from a suppose literate ladylady angry

I am a literate lady, so I know that they're are many ways to success.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
DeeTus:
It's okay. Hopefully, he'll get the help he needs. Life is tough!

HE WILL GET HELP. Life is tough. Yes, but we have different issues in life.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Mubskid(m): 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lay a foundation of passive income for life and earn @least
N1,320 per day or N16,500- N33,000 weekly without selling anything
..All needed is just with seed capital of
N6,600,which also automatically qualifies you as a member.
Is your desire hot enough to make this real??..check my signature!
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
CeenoEvu:

HE WILL GET HELP. Life is tough. Yes, but we have different issues in life.
Please don't take it too personal because everyone in life has problem or problems.

After all, there are people when they receive help, they tend to forget those who helped them.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by NewsEmpireNG(f): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello Gabriel,

Send a mail to; lifemapempire@gmail.com. Am really moved by ur story & can very well relate with what it means to be in dare need (cos v been dere before but there was no stopping me then & ITS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY NOW. All thanks to God in the HIGHEST)

Kindly include ur phone number as il be suggesting a part-time job u can do from school & il also send u N5k monthly for the first 3 months. WIPE YOUR TEARS IZUGAB, GOD HAS HEARD YOUR CRY & HE IS SET TO WIPE UR TEARS!!!!

N:B: never contemplate suicide nor permit even a mere thought of it, challenges are here only to make you stronger

7 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by yetseyi(f): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab also create a thread in the family section. You will surely get help. God see you through.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by ikubch(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I left secondary school in 2012 at a non-encouraging age of 20 cos of some set backs when I was little. In fact, I live in one of the most remote place in Nigeria. I live at Okpoko to be precise. Am an indigenous of Umuoghara Ugo, Ezza North in Ebonyi state. I'll certainly be 24 by June 14 this year.

I was a bright student actually not until my family's problems affected me psychologically and otherwise. I've been writing jamb and postutme since 2013 but it's not been successful. I processed my admission last year 2015 right from jamb to postutme and it's successful. I can't afford to forget the acclamation showered on me when my friend to me that he saw my name in UNN's merit list. I was hysterical with joy and happiness when I checked my name on the list by myself. But hardly did I know that my happiness will fade with time and my schooling a reality still within my dream world.
About my family

I am the third child of a family of eight. My dad left us when I was in Jss3, that's 2009 to be precise. My elder brother managed to take his wassce exam and went into work. We've been managing from the little that comes from the meagre earnings of my mother and brother. My elder sister got admitted into the university a year before I came out of secondary school. My brother managed to save up little money plus the ones he borrowed without our knowledge and travelled to Holland. We thought that all was alright cos of the prospect of a better life ahead of us. He was deported after four months. Luckily for me, I started working at a production company. From my earnings, I catered for all my sisters tuition fees in school. I pay our house rent monthly. A times, I bring money for food at home. My mum and I pooled our earnings to settle the debt owed by my brother. I can vividly say with tears in my eyes that things ve been bad for us.

My current state

Since I was admitted into UNN, I've tried all my best in terms of finance but none is coming forth. The most saddening and discouraging part of it is that UNN imposed on all the freshers a whole sum of seventy thousand(N70 000) for laptop which can as well be paid on installments of N25 000 for three times as well as huge sum of N58950 as school fees. I only managed to pay N25 000 acceptance fee but the school fees and the N25 000 for the first installment of the laptop has kept me away from school despite the fact that the 2015/2016 session started last year by December. Now the Christmas and new year holiday has lapsed and lectures are to resume by Monday 11 January.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need financial help now. I can't afford to lose this admission after paying N25 000 acceptance fee. I can't write another jamb now either cos am emotionally, psychologically and physically strained to the extent that my brain can't process anything which I read.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.

As pointed by bobo65, here is the bank details

Acc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC
Since you have paid the acceptance feen Defer the admission for one year by contacting the Dean and HOD, then you can resume when you have worked and pooled resources together.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
tensazangetsu:

This is very very cold just because you are opportune to be where you are in life, you have no idea what others are suffering or passing through. Op I think you should drop you account number here I would love to see what I can do and I will like your permission to share this story. And op never ever contemplate suicide, it's not worth it at all. You have to stick around and see how your story ends. And to fellow nigerians, please don't give birth to kids you cannot afford to care for.
dont mind that girl....she really typed rubbish,nothing beats having a bsc no matter what,why cant she drop out too and go and learn hairdressing its a skill too.....ordinary words of encourage she cant give....ode

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Pamelayoung: 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
May God see you through my brother.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Pamelayoung: 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
ikubch:

Since you have paid the acceptance feen Defer the admission for one year by contacting the Dean and HOD, then you can resume when you have worked and pooled resources together.

But i tot when you differ an admission, you will still be required to pay the stipulated school fees as a committment that u still need d admission or has that been chnged now.

Cos if he has the money to differ he shld rather continue with the study and hope for the best.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by unilagfreshest(m): 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
After going through your post.. I was convinced you are real.. now my advice. Write to Linda Ikeji, lindaikeji @ gmail.com, her sister Laura ikeji search for her on twitter , they are good people. Get email address of top churches + politicians you know.. who knows who the lord will send.. don't give up..

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by temidayodamoye(m): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
@ OP, I don't have money, I would have loved to help. But my advice is if u eventually get to pay for Ur 1st year school fees, I would advice u start applying for scholarships. Don't listen to people that will tell u they are not real or its scam... if u can apply for scholarships like total, mtn, shell, mobil etc. With the grace of God, you will smile throughout Ur stay in Uni.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by sageb: 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello Nlders, a brother is in need. Pls help wit wat u hav . Dat little can go a long way in restoring hope to his soul. Some derailers ar here bashing him(trade this trade dat). Same people wud spent lots of money on brazilian hair,bar,valentine jollyment,etc. Immanuel kant in his categorical imperative says dat for one to perform an act one should consider if dat act he or she wants it to be universalize. In otherword he or she wants everyone to act same way in such situation. I guess does bashers will prefer education. But now they treat a despairing guy as nothing. Op my God shall see u through.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by ikubch(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pamelayoung:

But i tot when you differ an admission, you will still be required to pay the stipulated school fees as a committment that u still need d admission or has that been chnged now.

Cos if he has the money to differ he shld rather continue with the study and hope for the best.
No. Once you pay acceptance, you are qualified for deferment. He should approach the designated course adviser first for further clarification.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bootybuttchic:
dont mind that girl....she really typed rubbish, [b] nothing beats having a bsc no matter [/b ] what,why cant she drop out too and go and learn hairdressing its a skill too.....ordinary words of encourage she cant give....ode

Misinformation! Degree is definitely not the best path to success. Millions of Nigerians arr rich without degrees!
the president of Nigeria does not even have a degree!
You think hairdressers don't make money

I'm not discouraging him. I only told him that it may not be easy. I told him to wait and secure funds that will help him go through university easier, this is also on par with what others are saying - deferment.

It's time for us to start encouraging trades in this country.

It's also hypocritical for you to call my post rubbish, when you also did not give a constructive advice.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by genuineone: 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Depend on God and be hopeful and God will surely make a way for you. Just believe Him.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
ikubch:

A friend in the school told me that I'll still ve to pay for this year's fees and that of next year. I had considered deferment but I don't see it as an option now...
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by plainmirror(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
AZeD1:
Raayah has said it all but since you say you really love education, i'd say you should forget about UNN and enrol at the Open university of Nigeria. Also, there are lots of schools that put their materials online e.g MIT and Stanford, there are also lots of MOOC's were you can get all the knowledge you want. at you own time and for free.

This is 2016, education has gone beyond the classroom.

You made a nice point but at this point when he has already made an initial payment of #25000 as acceptance fee (which is technically non-refundable), he cannot afford to back-off. He needs our support and words of encouragement. If you got none of the latter, then humbly keep mum.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by bobo65(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
danduchi:
Brother, ur story is touching..Compass is quite expensive... I just graduated and studied geology, gat no money presently but I have Geological compass to help u with.. I stay in Kaduna don't kw how to get it across to you

God bless u

Real definition of a befitting widow's myth

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
jabolo:

Gabriel, break down what you actually need, how much?

Thanks.

Actually since I've paid the acceptance fee. What's remaining is the laptop fee of N70 000 and N58 950 which is N128 950. But according to the school and those that were cleared, I can pay the laptop on installment of N25 000 basis.
So the money I need now is N58 950(school fees) and N25 000 which will amount to N83 950.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
CeenoEvu:

It's still in the title of your thread. I apologize if you find my request annoying, but I can explain.
Pls sir, I don't know how to go about changing it now. Please go ahead and proffer a possible solution. Thank u so much dear...

I'll be highly happy if u tell me ur suggestion.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
earthrealm:

be on the lookout for schorlarships, exxon/nnpc/elf/chevron usually have schorlarships for 1st yr and 2nd yr students, be on the look out for that.
i was from a poor home, my first year was tough, but while my mates were going to parties or chasing freshers...i was studying in the library...thats where i came across a newspaper about the shell scholarship, applied...was shortlisted for the test...travellled to ph from unn to write the test, passed...and shell started paying me 50k/yr......wch was a lot of money back then, now it might be 100k or 200k/yr......now all that is behind me

where there is a will there is a way.............i would hv said you shud get a part time job/do ond etc {university education isnt actually for everybody)....but u sound very determined, and you write/speak well........good to see no/few grammatical/spelling errors in your write up...keep it up.
will surely send something your way.
God bless u!
Scholarship is one of the myriad of reasons I said that I'll know my way when I get into school. Although I can do other things in school.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Treasuredlove:
Dear izugab,
I like that you have a dream and you are very willing to follow it. Education is still a very key factor in one's progress in life, may we all not have issues in getting progressive knowledge IJN. Amen.
That said,i pray He opens doors for you that you never even knew were there.
I know about two people who had issues with paying their school fees, people who found it hard to spend 500 a week for food, infact 500 was too much but their determination? It paved the way for their success and today? They are so successful! Because they know their story, they know where they are coming from and the drive to succeed is high in them.
Try to apply to companies for scholarship or to your church. I am sure God will see you through your years in school effortlessly IJN. Amen
I'll look out for scholarships if I get in cos geology has tons of scholarships which it's qualified to.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obi411:
I am a former student of UNN. I remember in my first year, how my roommate, who was the same age as the OP, left his course in 200 level to study Geology. And they were just about 50 in his new class. Back then, I could not comprehend why he did that. ... But now I understand.

Geology? Geology? And someone is telling him to ... to do what again, forfeit it? Ha!

It won't be easy, but it is worth it. The prospect in studying that course is very good. OP perhaps does not know there is something called PTDF scholarship, aside the numerous ones that abound for other students. His zeal to study will take him far. I've seen it happen before.

So OP, don't let anyone discourage you. Don't. What you have now -- your admission -- is a treasure worth many millions you could ever dream of.

I have a word. Go to CASOR UNN (a student fellowship), meet the President and tell him your story. I was a CASORITE, I have been part of a meeting where funds were being raised for students who could not pay their fees. They will help you.

Am a catholic, hope I'll be attendee to ?

If it's the affirmation, I'll go and meet them. Even If they'll want me to pay back, I'll do so definitely in due time.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Pathetic! We are now in the era of E-begging and
E-beggars

I find this hard to believe.
Thanks for ur understanding Sir. If I tell u the extent of what I've done to see what I can do to pay this money, u won't believe me. I've learnt so much in life that life is all about how we view things. Am not against ur assertion cos there are many of scammers. Upon all my proofs, u still doubt the authenticity of my posts.
Ur perception is good enough but what I want u to know is that am for real. I've given my email out, u can mail me and I'll give u my password in UNN's portal and my reg no so that U'll know if I've paid anything other than my acceptance fee. U can get the proof u Want. Just tell the side of my story which u need its proof.
Thanks sir

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
danduchi:
Everything is help as far as it can see me through this hurdle. I appreciate ur kind gesture.

I'll really need them when I resume school (that's if God permits though my spirit is high).
But if u can send it to Onitsha, I'll be glad for it though.
Mai me ur number to Izuchukwugabriel9@gmail.com so that we'll know how best to about it. Or u can reach me via 09039770077.

Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by ikubch(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:

A friend in the school told me that I'll still ve to pay for this year's fees and that of next year. I had considered deferment but I don't see it as an option now...
A friend in school? Go hear for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Post Ume Out! / Unilag Successful Candidates Here / Edo Schools Remain Closed Till February 1 – Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.