Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,965 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. (11466 Views)

Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School? / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
chealsyno:
My opinion tho..the passion you have is rare!but however ...the world is advanced now i would suggest you work and school
National open university is there..you can save up in bits..work/business+school....you still get to take care of your siblings and yourself,and you achieve your dream of getting an education.Nothing good comes easy....if you are given the money for school what about subsequent times+other responsibilities
I've actually paid N25 000 for acceptance fee and it's nonrefundable.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
NewsEmpireNG:
Hello Gabriel,

Send a mail to; lifemapempire@gmail.com. Am really moved by ur story & can very well relate with what it means to be in dare need (cos v been dere before but there was no stopping me then & ITS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORY NOW. All thanks to God in the HIGHEST)

Kindly include ur phone number as il be suggesting a part-time job u can do from school & il also send u N5k monthly for the first 3 months. WIPE YOUR TEARS IZUGAB, GOD HAS HEARD YOUR CRY & HE IS SET TO WIPE UR TEARS!!!!

N:B: never contemplate suicide nor permit even a mere thought of it, challenges are here only to make you stronger
I've sent u a mail Sir/Ma. Am highly happy for. U don't know how ur words ve just made me happy. Thanks so much. I really appreciate.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by befto: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
I've actually paid N25 000 for acceptance fee and it's nonrefundable.
Very touching story.
what is your email address?
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Cetona(f): 6:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
befto:

Very touching story.
what is your email address?
Here's his email add
Izuchukwugabriel9@gmail.com

So touching, God will see you through this, Op
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
I'll look out for scholarships if I get in cos geology has tons of scholarships which it's qualified to.

thanks
yw
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Obas101(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:

I am a literate lady, so I know that they're are many ways to success.
You are right, but the best bet in this generation is to pass through school. Tell me can u marry a guy with ordinary O' level certificate,u are not even d problem but truthfully what d family say?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by PrinceCEE(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
befto:
Very touching story. what is your email address?
Izuchukwugabriel9@gmail.com
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by earthrealm(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:

I've sent u a mail Sir/Ma. Am highly happy for. U don't know how ur words ve just made me happy. Thanks so much. I really appreciate.

@OP, am thinking it wud b nice if you state any amount you hv received so far....if any,
pls you may write anonymous and the name of the bank.....dont state the persons full name without his express permission
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Vick4rill(m): 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:

Its cold but its the truth. He needs between to be told. It's going to be very difficult for him especially looking at his story. He will need at the very least 100,000 a year to study ( including his needs).
Why not wait it out till your'e at least financially ok. His whole family is dependent on him. He's paying debt off, sisters education, rent and all that. Where will he get the money to school?
Even a part time job in the university is not easy to get.

He can work a few more years and save up and go to university comfortably.
He can beg for money now and use faith to continue his university.

I like to pick the more realistic option.

Secondly, university is not the only. A lot of Nigerians are millionaires from their handwork - painting, electrician, business owners, etc.
you type like ur senses are not correctsad pls if u wont help the guy then stop discouraging peoples dream, you are too pessimisticsad

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by musicwriter(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I left secondary school in 2012 at a non-encouraging age of 20 cos of some set backs when I was little. In fact, I live in one of the most remote place in Nigeria. I live at Okpoko to be precise. Am an indigenous of Umuoghara Ugo, Ezza North in Ebonyi state. I'll certainly be 24 by June 14 this year.

I was a bright student actually not until my family's problems affected me psychologically and otherwise. I've been writing jamb and postutme since 2013 but it's not been successful. I processed my admission last year 2015 right from jamb to postutme and it's successful. I can't afford to forget the acclamation showered on me when my friend to me that he saw my name in UNN's merit list. I was hysterical with joy and happiness when I checked my name on the list by myself. But hardly did I know that my happiness will fade with time and my schooling a reality still within my dream world.
About my family

I am the third child of a family of eight. My dad left us when I was in Jss3, that's 2009 to be precise. My elder brother managed to take his wassce exam and went into work. We've been managing from the little that comes from the meagre earnings of my mother and brother. My elder sister got admitted into the university a year before I came out of secondary school. My brother managed to save up little money plus the ones he borrowed without our knowledge and travelled to Holland. We thought that all was alright cos of the prospect of a better life ahead of us. He was deported after four months. Luckily for me, I started working at a production company. From my earnings, I catered for all my sisters tuition fees in school. I pay our house rent monthly. A times, I bring money for food at home. My mum and I pooled our earnings to settle the debt owed by my brother. I can vividly say with tears in my eyes that things ve been bad for us.

My current state

Since I was admitted into UNN, I've tried all my best in terms of finance but none is coming forth. The most saddening and discouraging part of it is that UNN imposed on all the freshers a whole sum of seventy thousand(N70 000) for laptop which can as well be paid on installments of N25 000 for three times as well as huge sum of N58950 as school fees. I only managed to pay N25 000 acceptance fee but the school fees and the N25 000 for the first installment of the laptop has kept me away from school despite the fact that the 2015/2016 session started last year by December. Now the Christmas and new year holiday has lapsed and lectures are to resume by Monday 11 January.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need financial help now. I can't afford to lose this admission after paying N25 000 acceptance fee. I can't write another jamb now either cos am emotionally, psychologically and physically strained to the extent that my brain can't process anything which I read.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.

As pointed by bobo65, here is the bank details

Acc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC

Don't think of suicide at all, cause education from a Nigerian university don't worth it. What you'll get in a Nigerian university is a piece of paper (certificate) stating you've completed your days in school. The only thing it can help you is get a job.

Be advised that certificate doesn't equate to education.

I gave up my own schooling after my mother died, in order to allow my younger ones go to school. But, I didn't stop reading. I bought books and read up subjects like philosophy, geography, history, metaphysics, on my own without a teacher, built a family house at age 32, had 3 cars at age 34, e.t.c.

I'm still studying as I speak. Actually, I've over-read, and I know this because when I get in contact with those with the certificates you wish to acquire, they find out I'm far ahead of them intellectually. In fact, my brother once told me I'm better off not going to school. My peculiar situation turned me to a readerholics and my passion now is how to get people educated, cause I have in fact, discovered the problem with education in Africa. If you check my blog you can some.

If all you want is education, you can school yourself. Education can and is still being acquired out of the school system. It's called informal education. Otherwise, you can keep on looking for the certificate.

The inventor of the sewing machine did not go to school.
Michael Faraday who contributed massively to the discovery of electricity didn't go to school. The list is endless.

By the way, true education doesn't exist anywhere in Africa. What we get is a photocopy of education. This's a subject for another day.

Too 10 famous billionaires who doesn't have a university degree.
http://learnfinancialplanning.com/famous-people-who-didnt-go-to-college/

List of famous, rich, and successful people who didn't go to school.
http://www.collegedropoutshalloffame.com

Top 100 millionaires who didn't go to school
http://www.businessinsider.com/top-100-entrepreneurs-who-made-millions-without-a-college-degree-2011-1

List of famous people who schooled themselves.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autodidacts

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Kunlexic(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:
My own advice is why do you want to go to university?

You've been working a factory job that you have used to train your siblings and families. Why don't you open a business, or go to technical school ( learn handwork) or continue your old job

You cannot afford university, and it will only get tougher. What about next term school fees, house rents, textbooks money, feeding and transportation money for four years?

studying with those kind of uncertainty is bad, you might fail out or even get kicked out for non payment of fees. Graduating from university does not guarantee a better life.

If you really want to go to university, upgrade your skills and jobs. Save a lot of money that can cover your fees for four/five years and then you can study

That aside, I hope you get all the help you need!
Education is not a privilege but a RIGHT.From ur right up now u are saying children from rich home only have access to education...smh
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Kunlexic(m): 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Quite touching, I think the 1st commentator Was spot on in her advice, she gave u a splendid advice...... even graduates from schools now bank on hand works and skills to make a living.... u should have taken that part....... Most times personally I really wish I had a trade...
It is good to have one skill,if it is handwork or a trade.It is ok because one must need something that will be useful in one's lifetime but learning a skill without being educated I think is useless.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kunlexic:
Education is not a privilege but a RIGHT.From ur right up now u are saying children from rich home only have access to education...smh

Did you miss the part where I said he should wait and save up until he's financially capable to go to university.

Tertiary education is not a right. Its a privilege.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Kunlexic(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:

Its cold but its the truth. He needs between to be told. It's going to be very difficult for him especially looking at his story. He will need at the very least 100,000 a year to study ( including his needs).
Why not wait it out till your'e at least financially ok. His whole family is dependent on him. He's paying debt off, sisters education, rent and all that. Where will he get the money to school?
Even a part time job in the university is not easy to get.

He can work a few more years and save up and go to university comfortably.
He can beg for money now and use faith to continue his university.

I like to pick the more realistic option.

Secondly, university is not the only. A lot of Nigerians are millionaires from their handwork - painting, electrician, business owners, etc.
dat is true but destiny are differnt,what works for some may not work for others...maybe education is his own desting
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Tylerdan(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
OP send me an email request or send me your number lets see what we can do

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Tylerdan(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tylerdan:
OP send me an email request or send me your number lets see what we can do. Please don't allow anyone discourage you from pushing for your dream, if you want the route of having an academic qualification don't be discouraged by the first commentators advise. stay your cause and fight for what you believe.

lets have your number.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Kunlexic(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:

Did you miss the part where I said he should wait and save up until he's financially capable to go to university.

Tertiary education is not a right. Its a privilege.
He shd wait and save up until he's financially capable to go to uni Hmmmn dat is the problem we have with rich people in dis country...dnt u think of age,he said he will be 24 dis year,u still expect him to continue staying home for money and dis admission is an opportunity which maynt come again for him.

@ the bolded part,dat is urs.As I have said earlier what works with one person maynt work for other
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tylerdan:
OP send me an email request or send me your number lets see what we can do
email: Izuchukwugabriel9@gmail.com
No: 09039770077
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:

Misinformation! Degree is definitely not the best path to success. Millions of Nigerians arr rich without degrees!
the president of Nigeria does not even have a degree!
You think hairdressers don't make money

I'm not discouraging him. I only told him that it may not be easy. I told him to wait and secure funds that will help him go through university easier, this is also on par with what others are saying - deferment.

It's time for us to start encouraging trades in this country.

It's also hypocritical for you to call my post rubbish, when you also did not give a constructive advice.

oh please stop saying that and regarding ur president are u also saying all the nda boys are less educated.....nothing beats having a bsc,or do u think deep down even seun he wouldnt wish to own one,forget the money abeg......i make clothes,bags,shoe,beads, a caterer and still a student cos i knw its a goal,its a feet to achieve,not about using a cv to look for job,but its a step in life that can help a person at a point in time.....ur telling him to waot till je makes money ,why do u think a person who wants to study law in a school,but wasnt given ,but got english,decides to manage that course or are u in france?do u thinks admission is beans in naija that u joke with......something that some people who reject courses have to right jamb 6 extra times,before tgey get their course of choice,abeg think before u type or lock up....and calling ur post rubbish isnt hypocritical,cos i have seen a whole lot of reasonable people typing what makes sense,and lest i forget its stupidity to comment on a thread if u really dont have something to say,than type nonsense just cos u must talk...u shld have just told him to commit suicide and wait till God sends him back to the world as dangotes child .....mstweew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
According to earthrealm,

I received a call from a Lady(God sent though). I don't know if she'll be pleased if I mention her name though. So she promised to send 50k before 2pm tomorrow and also promised to be sending across to me a whole sum of 5k monthly for three months. She's truly a God sent as this will help in a bigger way.

I ve also seen pm and I've replied them, so am optimistically hoping that something good happens.
To those that sent me pm, am really grateful, so I'll be glad if I get a response from u all.

If anyone has made any payment in my account, then I've not seen any alert cos the sim I registered my account with was stolen about three months ago which I'll try as much as possible to retrieve the number tomorrow through welcome back from Mtn. But meanwhile, I'll check on the customer care of my bank or use ATM rather to know if there's any payment made. I can actually see the light shining at the end of the tunnel.

@Sir nyafunyafu, I saw ur message immediately I charged up my phone by 7:0 pm. I'll call u again tomorrow. Thanks for sending the text message too.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Please op don't listen to the nonsense those gormless lots are saying,that it's hard for you now doesn't mean you should quit, my cousin was in same situation as you last month(gained admission in a polytechnic tho)but he scaled through which am sure you will too

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
According to earthrealm,

I received a call from a Lady(God sent though). I don't know if she'll be pleased if I mention her name though. So she promised to send 50k before 2pm tomorrow and also promised to be sending across to me a whole sum of 5k monthly for three months. She's truly a God sent as this will help in a bigger way.

I ve also seen pm and I've replied them, so am optimistically hoping that something good happens.
To those that sent me pm, am really grateful, so I'll be glad if I get a response from u all.

If anyone has made any payment in my account, then I've not seen any alert cos the sim I registered my account with was stolen about three months ago which I'll try as much as possible to retrieve the number through welcome back from Mtn. But meanwhile, I'll check on the customer care of my bank or use ATM rather to know if there's any payment made. I can actually see the light shining at the end of the tunnel.

@Sir Nyafuyafu, I saw ur message immediately I charged up my phone by 7:0 pm. I'll call u again tomorrow. Thanks for sending the text message too.
wow, really good to hear

You are blessed bro

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Kunlexic(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:

Am a Catholic. I've met with two parish priest Buh they couldn't help. One said that there's nothing on him and the other just waved hands to me saying that I should come for Tuesday prayers. I tried to explain to him Buh he didn't want me to go further.
hmmn dose pastors,that is the problem reigning now.They will found church and collect offerings from members that are still managing their lives and they use the money gathered from offering to support their own child...I feel ur pain bro.It is only God dat can help ooo.Dnt rely on man for help,though it is man dat God will send to some1 but just have hope in God not man

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 11:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
wow, really good to hear

You are blessed bro

the happiness in me is just unquantifiable. I can't wait to see the dawn of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by bolaji3071(m): 12:05am On Jan 13, 2016
2odd:

though a very Good idea but we can't predict wat the cost of living will b in 5yrs time and believe me he can't save up four years fee in a yr. what if he looses the current job now. A program is being run in my school where self sponsoring students get to work for a few hrs for 12 k a month. but UNN lack such.

Please sir, which school is it
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by jabolo(m): 12:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Izugab:

Actually since I've paid the acceptance fee. What's remaining is the laptop fee of N70 000 and N58 950 which is N128 950. But according to the school and those that were cleared, I can pay the laptop on installment of N25 000 basis.
So the money I need now is N58 950(school fees) and N25 000 which will amount to N83 950.

Ok, sent you an email through Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 13, 2016
Izugab:
the description of the pix above...

1. My name in UNN's merit list. Am no 45. My names are Nwoye Izuchukwu Gabriel. My reg no is 56738062FG. Somebody can check my admission status as a proof.

2. The teller I used for paying my acceptance fee at zenith bank.

3. The payment receipt issued to me by zenith bank.

4. My acceptance fee letter which I printed from my portal in UNN's website.
I feel your pain bro.. but to be honest with you, talking as a geologist.. it requires money studying geology.. From field trips, to project mapping, analysis et al. consider this factor as d support annd goodwill comes in

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:59am On Jan 13, 2016
jabolo:

Ok, sent you an email through Nairaland.
I've replied to ur mail.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by otokx(m): 7:00am On Jan 13, 2016
Kunlexic:

Primary Education is a right, any other is actually a privilege even in advanced countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 7:18am On Jan 13, 2016
Please dear nairalanders, remember me in ur prayers so that those that have reached me so far should accomplish their promises...

I'll also be praying for them.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:02am On Jan 13, 2016
Izugab:
Please dear nairalanders, remember me in ur prayers so that those that have reached me so far should accomplish their promises...

I'll also be praying for them.

You are a Catholic right?
And you say you stay in Onitsha right? Go yo your parish and ask of St Vincent De Paul Society. Talk to the president. Let me know the outcome or you can add me on watsapp as to give you directives 08060715532.
It's all good.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2016
Another God sent woman called me this morning. She's no other than Mrs Nyanyafu.
Words can't describe how happy I am about what she did.
She promised to send me a Blackberry phone worth close to 55k which I'll sell at Emeka Offor plaza in main market Onitsha, a 30k worth airtime which I'll also sell to retailers around and finally clothes and shoes which I'll wear while in school.
Am so happy on hearing this good news.
May God bless her wherever she's.
Please my beloved nairalanders, help me thank her oooo cos I still think that am dreaming.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Post Ume Out! / Unilag Successful Candidates Here / Edo Schools Remain Closed Till February 1 – Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.