Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos (7449 Views)

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. / How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Dennixe001(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2016
THE MYTHS:

As a boy growing up on the street of Port
Harcourt, I was told so many horrible things
about Igbos:I was told that Igbos were planning to push Rivers people to Abia State for the people of Abia to inhabit Rivers State because of our resources.

I was told that Igbo people enslaved and ruled
over my people in Bori the traditional
headquarters of Ogoni Kingdom.

I was told that Odumegwu Ojukwu, Onyeka
Onwenu and other prominent Igbos brazenly
rejoiced over the execution of my uncle Ken Saro Wiwa because of the role he played during the Civil War.
I was told that it is better to be slaves to Hausas than to be brothers to Igbos because, Igbos are worse than Hausas.

THE EFFECTS:

These things made me to terribly detest Igbos
beyond what you can imagine, I was always
skeptical, cynical and suspicious while dealing
with Igbos. It also affected my friendship with
Igbo guys, I was always careful not to be a victim, no matter how they value the friendship, as long as they are Igbos, they were bad eggs to me.

It also severely affected my relationship with Igbo girls, 70% of the girls I have seen are Igbos girls but I have never treated any of my Igbo girlfriends fairly because, I programmed my mind not to be interested in anything beyond the fun
attached to the chemistry of boys and girls stuff while dealing with an Igbo girl, I didn’t want to make the mistake of dating an Igbo girl to the extent of marrying her.

THE DISCOVERY:

I was posted to Akwa Ibom State for my national
youth service in November 2013, there I made so
many Igbo friends, almost 60% of Akwa Ibom
corps members are from Igbo extraction, mainly from IMSU, FUTO, ABSU, UMUDIKE, ESUT and IMT.

There I saw how determined a typical Igbo youth is, there I saw the natural tendency for economic success in a typical Igbo guy, there I saw the reason why Igbos are entrepreneurs allover the globe, there I saw that God specially gave them the metaphysical eyes to see money in things and
where you don’t even think of smelling money, there I saw that even though the Igbos have had severe political travails and marginalization, they will forever remain the economic salt of Nigeria.

While we were serving, those of us who are Port Harcourt breed UNIPORT/RSUST corps members were always complaining that Akwa Ibom is beautiful but not groovy like Port Harcourt, we were always complaining that the town is dry with no night life like Port Harcourt. But our friends from the Igbo extraction were seeing things
differently, they saw Akwa Ibom as a beautiful
virgin land highly in need of economic
exploration, they saw huge business
opportunities in where we saw boredom.

We were complaining of the insufficient N19,800 ‘alawi’ (allowance) while they were seeing it as
potential small scale business capital. We used our alawi to club in one night because, we didn’t see it as good enough to help us, while our Igbo friends inject it into their small scale businesses.

We were always going to Tropicana to see movies while our Igbo friends are busy going to Lagos to bring wears and jewelries for us to buy. We were always calling home for money but our Igbo friends were sending money home instead.

At the end of my service year, I said I was going back to Port Harcourt because I believed Uyo was too dry for me to hustle, but my Igbo friends stayed back because they saw Uyo as a land lacking business and as such, it’s good for them to
make money through the introduction of
different businesses.

THE REVERSAL:

I came back to Port Harcourt then pondered on my experience with these Igbo brains, I then realised why people hate them, I felt bad
seriously for wrongly hating them all these while, I decided to love them because, they have the kind of zeal I’d love to emulate.

THE CONVICTION:

When I was fully convinced that the Igbos are not only my role models but my blood was when they went against all odds to make Goodluck Jonathan
their own, they loved him even more than some us from the South South, they gave him their full support at the poll not minding the
consequences. Ever since, I couldn’t stop loving Igbos but to love them even more.

THE RECOMMENDATION:

Igbos drive the economy of every towns and cities in Nigeria, nobody can change that, so instead of hating them for doing business in your place, I’d advise you compete with them even if you know you can’t beat them because, it is your land that is benefiting economically and otherwise with such
healthy competition, it is a win win situation.

IN CONCLUSION:

Igbos are subject of hate in this country,
apparently due to wrong perception, but I
personally think Igbos are cool like any other
tribe, and bad like any other tribe too. Though my main problem with them is that, they never admit their flaws no matter how glaring but they are always quick to lampoon the slightest folly of other tribes.

If you want to be successful economically, think like Igbos!
—–By Dennis, Rivers State.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Mack3N: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2016
This is the true definition of Igbo!
I am from delta state but I have always wished I was born in anambra or Enugu,no one ever knew the igbos can have one mind and come out to vote for one person or to support a struggle they believe in.

The igbos are a rare gem!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by OVI75(m): 12:31am On Jan 10, 2016
beaurifull write up,don't competting with dem is huge task @op.seriosly

5 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 10, 2016
When I hear the word 'Igbo', my chest just swells with pride cool

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by BaddieKay(f): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Good 4 you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Elchappo: 12:34am On Jan 10, 2016
How many of this will I see today

Any man hating on the Igbo tribe is just inviting HBP...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by UnclePati: 12:41am On Jan 10, 2016
I am Deltan. I am a south south man. igbos r our brothers. they dont hate us. we should not hate them.

we heard same lies too about them. now we knw d truth...they r our true BLOOD.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by ibe9ja: 12:48am On Jan 10, 2016
We don hear una. Congratulations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Mack3N: 12:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Mack3N: 12:58am On Jan 10, 2016
The more you hate the igbos,the faster they progress.

22 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by ccoolitempa: 12:59am On Jan 10, 2016
They is nothing to like in hateful liars....I am sorry but I cannot deceive myself... grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Mologi(m): 1:01am On Jan 10, 2016
Igbo kwenu.....

10 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Charliewyt: 1:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Success is a must for the igbos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 10, 2016
A typical Igbo man was clinically programmed with massive yearn for success, tho the excess of this purple patch iis responsible for his desperate acts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by mzvyne(f): 1:33am On Jan 10, 2016
awww, that's so touching.

7 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 10, 2016
@Op Good morning! Na now u dey wake up?

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by christopher123(m): 2:13am On Jan 10, 2016
Dennixe001:
THE MYTHS:

As a boy growing up on the street of Port
Harcourt, I was told so many horrible things
about Igbos:I was told that Igbos were planning to push Rivers people to Abia State for the people of Abia to inhabit Rivers State because of our resources.

I was told that Igbo people enslaved and ruled
over my people in Bori the traditional
headquarters of Ogoni Kingdom.

I was told that Odumegwu Ojukwu, Onyeka
Onwenu and other prominent Igbos brazenly
rejoiced over the execution of my uncle Ken Saro Wiwa because of the role he played during the Civil War.
I was told that it is better to be slaves to Hausas than to be brothers to Igbos because, Igbos are worse than Hausas.

THE EFFECTS:

These things made me to terribly detest Igbos
beyond what you can imagine, I was always
skeptical, cynical and suspicious while dealing
with Igbos. It also affected my friendship with
Igbo guys, I was always careful not to be a victim, no matter how they value the friendship, as long as they are Igbos, they were bad eggs to me.

It also severely affected my relationship with Igbo girls, 70% of the girls I have seen are Igbos girls but I have never treated any of my Igbo girlfriends fairly because, I programmed my mind not to be interested in anything beyond the fun
attached to the chemistry of boys and girls stuff while dealing with an Igbo girl, I didn’t want to make the mistake of dating an Igbo girl to the extent of marrying her.

THE DISCOVERY:

I was posted to Akwa Ibom State for my national
youth service in November 2013, there I made so
many Igbo friends, almost 60% of Akwa Ibom
corps members are from Igbo extraction, mainly from IMSU, FUTO, ABSU, UMUDIKE, ESUT and IMT.

There I saw how determined a typical Igbo youth is, there I saw the natural tendency for economic success in a typical Igbo guy, there I saw the reason why Igbos are entrepreneurs allover the globe, there I saw that God specially gave them the metaphysical eyes to see money in things and
where you don’t even think of smelling money, there I saw that even though the Igbos have had severe political travails and marginalization, they will forever remain the economic salt of Nigeria.

While we were serving, those of us who are Port Harcourt breed UNIPORT/RSUST corps members were always complaining that Akwa Ibom is beautiful but not groovy like Port Harcourt, we were always complaining that the town is dry with no night life like Port Harcourt. But our friends from the Igbo extraction were seeing things
differently, they saw Akwa Ibom as a beautiful
virgin land highly in need of economic
exploration, they saw huge business
opportunities in where we saw boredom.

We were complaining of the insufficient N19,800 ‘alawi’ (allowance) while they were seeing it as
potential small scale business capital. We used our alawi to club in one night because, we didn’t see it as good enough to help us, while our Igbo friends inject it into their small scale businesses.

We were always going to Tropicana to see movies while our Igbo friends are busy going to Lagos to bring wears and jewelries for us to buy. We were always calling home for money but our Igbo friends were sending money home instead.

At the end of my service year, I said I was going back to Port Harcourt because I believed Uyo was too dry for me to hustle, but my Igbo friends stayed back because they saw Uyo as a land lacking business and as such, it’s good for them to
make money through the introduction of
different businesses.

THE REVERSAL:

I came back to Port Harcourt then pondered on my experience with these Igbo brains, I then realised why people hate them, I felt bad
seriously for wrongly hating them all these while, I decided to love them because, they have the kind of zeal I’d love to emulate.

THE CONVICTION:

When I was fully convinced that the Igbos are not only my role models but my blood was when they went against all odds to make Goodluck Jonathan
their own, they loved him even more than some us from the South South, they gave him their full support at the poll not minding the
consequences. Ever since, I couldn’t stop loving Igbos but to love them even more.

THE RECOMMENDATION:

Igbos drive the economy of every towns and cities in Nigeria, nobody can change that, so instead of hating them for doing business in your place, I’d advise you compete with them even if you know you can’t beat them because, it is your land that is benefiting economically and otherwise with such
healthy competition, it is a win win situation.

IN CONCLUSION:

Igbos are subject of hate in this country,
apparently due to wrong perception, but I
personally think Igbos are cool like any other
tribe, and bad like any other tribe too. Though my main problem with them is that, they never admit their flaws no matter how glaring but they are always quick to lampoon the slightest folly of other tribes.

If you want to be successful economically, think like Igbos!
—–By Dennis, Rivers State.

But wait ..how can parents so lie to their kids about igbo..the lies told to these kids are affecting them

Thank lord your are delivered

11 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by christopher123(m): 2:16am On Jan 10, 2016
Mack3N:
The more you hate the igbos,the faster they progress.

That's what they don't know ..the hate serves as a manure ...it will make the igbo to show that he can do without you and to prove it ..he will be successful

7 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by christopher123(m): 2:16am On Jan 10, 2016
UnclePati:
I am Deltan. I am a south south man. igbos r our brothers. they dont hate us. we should not hate them.

we heard same lies too about them. now we knw d truth...they r our true BLOOD.

What kind of lies did they tell u again ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by nabiz(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Truly people just hate the igbos without reason, though there are bad igbos as there is in other tribe. Let me tell my own story.
In the year 2007 when I lost my job, a group of (nine)yeroba guy came to abuja to install a stamped concrete job in a site I was working as a casual laborer. Luckily, I was the first person they mate because that was there first time of coming to abuja.
This guys stay in a hotel that there oga was paying 5k each room for 2 person while their oga was staying in a room of 8k per night for a job that later lasted for five month and. These guys where on money that a night hardly pass without them going to club.
One day I call there oga and told him look, u are spending two much in this abuja, why not rent apartment for these ur guys where they can even cook there food instead of spending money eating outside and hotel accommodation, as and I told there oga to come and manage with me in my house which was even better than the hotel he was spending money on. I told him look, u are here for a job and not to enjoy, so why not finish ur job may be when u go back to lagos u can then enjoy urself.
My brother there oga bought my idea but that was how I create eneminity for my self, because the man don't take them to club again. Everyday I will be settling issue with them and land landlord. The will mess up the compound that land lord will threaten to sack them.
But do u know that after d job, these guy where very happy that when they where going back to lagos each person gave me 5,5k while there oga gave me 30k. They all thank me for how I help them save money and then encourage me to come and learn the work from them and that was how I learnt stamp concrete job which am enjoying today.
But my brother, learning the job was not easy, as these guy started there hatred again. This time around they hate me because the believe there oga loves me more than them. They gossip me with yeroba language. Our oga normally give us weekly money for feeding. These guy once they collect there feeding money will use it and club. They funny thing is they will come to me to lend them money. If I refuse they will label me a wicked igbo man, very stingy and even threaten to do me something; but thank God today we are now friends that some of them even call me Oga paul, U know what that mean na lol

18 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by cheruv: 4:24am On Jan 10, 2016
dovelike:
When I hear the word 'Igbo', my chest just swells with pride cool
Your chest is just fine...I love it just the way it is kiss

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Chop kola, my brother
Mack3N:
This is the true definition of Igbo!
I am from delta state but I have always wished I was born in anambra or Enugu,no one ever knew the igbos can have one mind and come out to vote for one person or to support a struggle they believe in.
The igbos are a rare gem!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by itstpia8: 4:30am On Jan 10, 2016
This "suddenly" though, e be like the "suddenly" of vegetable stew from a reputable babalawo or an apprentice one.

whats the write up about?
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Amberon: 4:40am On Jan 10, 2016
ok
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 10, 2016
cheruv:

Your chest is just fine...I love it just the way it is kiss
I know angry
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by itstpia8: 5:01am On Jan 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by cheruv: 5:33am On Jan 10, 2016
dovelike:

I know angry
What's keeping you awake this early, dear

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by cheruv: 5:35am On Jan 10, 2016
imhotep:
grin grin grin grin
Chop kola, my brother
Nsibiri: onye wete oji wete ndu

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 10, 2016
cheruv:

What's keeping you awake this early, dear
Guess tongue
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nature8(m): 5:40am On Jan 10, 2016
christopher123:

That's what they don't know ..the hate serves as a manure ...it will make the igbo to show that he can do without you and to prove it ..he will be successful

I'm telling you bro..

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by cheruv: 5:52am On Jan 10, 2016
dovelike:

Guess tongue
Argument

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2016
cheruv:

Argument
I working a night shift

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which State Capital In Nigeria Is The Most Local / President Buhari Is Incompetent, Rewards Failure- Oby Ezekwesili / Inside View Of Oba Of Lagos Palace Being Vandalised By Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.