Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. (3352 Views)

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos / How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by ericuzor(m): 10:22am On Jan 10, 2016
HOW I SUDDENLY STARTED LOVING THE IGBOS – Tyrano Tsunami.

THE MYTHS:
As a boy growing up on the street of Port Harcourt, I was told so many horrible things about Igbos:

I was told that Igbos were planning to push Rivers people to Abia State for the people of Abia to inhabit Rivers State because of our resources.

I was told that Igbo people enslaved and ruled over my

people in Bori the traditional headquarters of Ogoni Kingdom.

I was told that Odumegwu Ojukwu, Onyeka Onwenu and other prominent Igbos brazenly rejoiced over the execution of my uncle Ken Saro Wiwa because of the role he played during the Civil War.

I was told that it is better to be slaves to Hausas than to be brothers to Igbos because, Igbos are worse than Hausas.

THE EFFECTS:
These things made me to terribly detest Igbos beyond what you can imagine, I was always skeptical, cynical and suspicious while dealing with Igbos. It also affected my friendship with Igbo guys, I was always careful not to be a victim, no matter how they value the friendship, as long as they are Igbos, they were bad eggs to me.

It also severely affected my relationship with Igbo girls, 70% of the girls I have seen are Igbos girls but I have never treated any of my Igbo girlfriends fairly because, I programmed my mind not to be interested in anything beyond the fun attached to the chemistry of boys and girls stuff while dealing with an Igbo girl, I didn’t want to make the mistake of dating an Igbo girl to the extent of marrying her.

THE DISCOVERY:
I was posted to Akwa Ibom State for my national youth service in November 2013, there I made so many Igbo friends, almost 60% of Akwa Ibom corps members are from Igbo extraction, mainly from IMSU, FUTO, ABSU, UMUDIKE, ESUT and IMT.

There I saw how determined a typical Igbo youth is, there I saw the natural tendency for economic success in a typical Igbo guy, there I saw the reason why Igbos are entrepreneurs allover the globe, there I saw that God specially gave them the metaphysical eyes to see money in things and where you don’t even think of smelling money, there I saw that even though the Igbos have had severe political travails and marginalization, they will forever remain the economic salt of Nigeria, even after the restoration of Biafra.

While we were serving, those of us who are Port Harcourt breed UNIPORT/RSUST corps members were always complaining that Akwa Ibom is beautiful but not groovy like Port Harcourt, we were always complaining that the town is dry with no night life like Port Harcourt. But our friends from the Igbo extraction were seeing things differently, they saw Akwa Ibom as a beautiful virgin land highly in need of economic exploration, they saw huge business opportunities in where we saw boredom.

We were complaining of the insufficient N19,800 ‘alawi’ (allowance) while they were seeing it as potential small scale business capital. We used our alawi to club in one night because, we didn’t see it as good enough to help us, while our Igbo friends inject it into their small scale businesses. We were always going to Tropicana to see movies while our Igbo friends are busy going to Lagos to bring wears and jewelries for us to buy. We were always calling home for money but our Igbo friends were sending money home instead.

At the end of my service year, I said I was going back to Port Harcourt because I believed Uyo was too dry for me to hustle, but my Igbo friends stayed back because they saw Uyo as a land lacking business and as such, it’s good for them to make money through the introduction of different businesses.

THE REVERSAL:
I came back to Port Harcourt then pondered on my experience with these Igbo brains, I then realised why people hate them, I felt bad seriously for wrongly hating them all these while, I decided to love them because, they have the kind of zeal I’d love to emulate.
THE CONVICTION:
When I was fully convinced that the Igbos are not only my role models but my blood was when they went against all odds to make Goodluck Jonathan their own, they loved him even more than some us from the South South, they gave him their full support at the poll not minding the consequences. Ever since, I couldn’t stop loving Igbos but to love them even more.

THE RECOMMENDATION:
Igbos drive the economy of every towns and cities in Nigeria, nobody can change that, so instead of hating them for doing business in your place, I’d advise you compete with them even if you know you can’t beat them because, it is your land that is benefiting economically and otherwise with such healthy competition, it is a win win situation.

IN CONCLUSION:
Igbos are subject of hate in this country, apparently due to wrong perception, but I personally think Igbos are cool like any other tribe, and bad like any other tribe too. Though my main problem with them is that, they never admit their flaws no matter how glaring but they are always quick to lampoon the slightest folly of other tribes.

If you want to be successful economically, think like Igbos!

—–
By Tyrano Tsunami, Rivers State.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by joephemzyz(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2016
I really want to learn the language smiley cn anyone help with any material that can be of use?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by KELVINXY: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2016
Op thanks for these heartwarming write up.

Ps: anyone that hates igbo's,hates success.
I don't see any reason why anyone should hate igbo's

they are one tribe in nigeria that feels at home in any part of the country where they base and they work hard in the development of that region.

3 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by ari3l(f): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Ah love this.

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Rich4god(m): 11:04am On Jan 10, 2016
Some pple will still come here and lament... instead of picking the message.

3 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by kropelgrada(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2016
Akwa ibom ayaya.. Also did my NYSC there.Don't forget to mention that most of the male igbo corpers were yahoo boys,and their females,runs girls.All in all,there drive and passion to make money quick was quite commendable.
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by flimsy2(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2016
Love makes the world go round...keep the love..
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
kropelgrada:
Akwa ibom ayaya.. Also did my NYSC there.Don't forget to mention that most of the male igbo corpers were yahoo boys,and their females,runs girls.All in all,there drive and passion to make money quick was quite commendable.

whoever you are whereva u come from.
if all u mentioned are only synonymous with igbo tribe only it shall be well for u o
but ur people does it and u just came here to speak poo, because of ur hate and lies against igbo people
U shall never see anything good in ur life until u begin to confess the truth.
and keep off from bigotry...AMEN!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
joephemzyz:
I really want to learn the language smiley cn anyone help with any material that can be of use?
Thanks.

Whr ar u from?
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Water no get enemy
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by ckmayoca: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
kropelgrada:

Mr come down to west here and see if yorubas no full for yahoo yahoo. How about a female yoruba friend of mine that will be getting married by March and want to have sex with me so as to collect 20k to support her self? Fuckin over a plate of porrage. And my neibhour in next flat beating his wife cos she lied she wass going to church but ended up in another man's car in the evening. So stop affliating such stuffs to one tribe. All I mentioned above are yorubas.

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by joephemzyz(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

Whr ar u from?

Ogun state,
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Mbkite(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cc- lalasticlala, seun, et al. A lot of hate speeches have been rendered upon the Igbos. Pls, kindly take this thread that says something good about the Igbos to the frontpage to show them a "mustard seed of LOVE". Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
joephemzyz:

Ogun state,

We would have thought each oda but it looks impossible
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by sankky: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice one op.
The best part of your message is that you pointed out the good parts in order to encourage its re-enforcement and also the bad part so as to encourage soul-searching.
I encourage another person from another tribe to write a similar EPIC on a 3rd tribe and so forth.
This way, we will gradually build up the needed love and inter-tribal relationship needed to move this nation higher.
Though igbos and yorubas pretend not to know it, like the op's name infers, there's already a tsunami of inter-tribal marriages and relationships blossoming between the two, as against the old generationally passed myth of hate bequeathed to the younger generations on both sides.
Its the Hausa-Fulanis I really dont know what to say about....
Maybe someone could assist here.

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by joephemzyz(m): 2:25am On Jan 11, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

We would have thought each oda but it looks impossible

Why? Nothing is impossible bro smiley
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by itstpia8: 3:09am On Jan 11, 2016
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 11, 2016
OP did the yoruba mode$rators remove the previous thread? We know this people don't like to hear anything good about the Igbos...
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 11, 2016
kropelgrada:
[s]Akwa ibom ayaya.. Also did my NYSC there.Don't forget to mention that most of the male igbo corpers were yahoo boys,and their females,runs girls.All in all,there drive and passion to make money quick was quite commendable.[/s]

I know it wouldn't take long before this vicious yoruba sadist imposter rear his ugly head. These are the same vicious people that peddled the mendacities against the Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by Mbkite(m): 8:11am On Jan 11, 2016
Mynd44 or whoever, I know I didn't step on ur toes. Keep deleting my posts.
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2016
joephemzyz:

Why? Nothing is impossible bro smiley

How possible will it be through chats?? Won't work.... its only a face to face ting so u can knw aw to say it not reading it
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by PAINGAIN: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Nice one op. I've always said that we igbos are being hated in nigeria for no real reason other than envy. Good one op.
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by joephemzyz(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

How possible will it be through chats?? Won't work.... its only a face to face ting so u can knw aw to say it not reading it

You are right tho sad
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by frleopardo: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2016
They marginalized us, lied against us, hated us, tried every means to suppress us and bring us down. but who God don bless no man can curse. Right now they are still thinking 'what do we do to these people'?
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by RareDiamond: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
God bless Ndi Igbo
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
joephemzyz:

You are right tho sad

But I so much love yoruba 2 be sincere, forget all dis yeye NL fights
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by joephemzyz(m): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

But I so much love yoruba 2 be sincere, forget all dis yeye NL fights

for real bro.....thats what it is o, we all so into each other...all this NL stuff is not the real deal, lol grin grin
Re: How I Suddenly Started Loving The Igbos – Tyrano Tsunami. by GodpunishBuhari: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2016
joephemzyz:

for real bro.....thats what it is o, we all so into each other...all this NL stuff is not the real deal, lol grin grin

Yea that's what's up

(1) (Reply)

Opinion : Why IS APC Losing All Their Appeal To PDP At Supreme Court / Nnamdi Kanu Fights In Court / These People, Not Muslims Are Behind Southern Kaduna Killings - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.