Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Future Proof Is Your Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Future Proof Is Your Business? (10242 Views)

100% Free Affiliate Marketing Question And Answer Session With Video Proof / Scam Alert!!!! Do Not Trade With Onlinenaira.com They Are Scam..(picture Proof) / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:08am On Jan 11, 2016
I have been aware recently of the ever increasing number of technologies becoming available to do the work that humans have traditionally done. It is not a new thing however, for thousands of years we have created new machines and technologies to do the work of humans. Agriculture is a prime example. Humans used to be hunter gatherers. Everyone was involved in the growing and harvesting of food. We then created all manner of machinery to do this for us so that now; instead of everyone growing and harvesting food, almost no one does. Yet we still have enough for everyone. Machines therefore have given us the freedom to go and do other things which has meant that our economies have grown and people have had more choice when it comes to what they do with their lives.

There are now robots working in warehouses moving stock around making forklift truck driving a redundant occupation. There are tests being carried out at the moment on driver-less cars. If cars can be driver-less then we will no longer need taxi drivers, or delivery drivers or driving instructors. Many of the laborious jobs in factories have been done by robots for a long time now replacing the need for lines of humans working peace time. Retail has seen the cashier being replaced by automated tills, where 30 people used to work, one person now oversees 30 machines. Mechanical muscle it seems is flexing. But is it just mechanical muscle?

Artificial intelligence is moving in to take on brain power. There are now robots being produced that can learn. Baxter is a robot that learns what you do from watching you do it and then copying you. Although very slow at the moment it costs a tiny amount to run so if it takes 10 times as long to do a job as you, it is still worth replacing you because it costs 100 times less than your annual salary.

Machines are now also learning from each other. They are out-performing their human counterparts in numerous fields. They don't make mistakes, they don't get tired or loose concentration and they don't cost nearly as much as humans to employ. There are no HR concerns, pensions or holiday pay or sick leave to cover and they never complain.

If you think it is just manual labour they will replace then think again. Lawyers spend a lot of time going through reams of paperwork to find patterns or something out of place. Machines can do this far more quickly and accurately. IBM have a robot called Watson. He thinks and reasons things out. He was seen on TV's jeopardy outsmarting the humans. His real job though is a doctor. He is already giving guidance on Lung Cancer treatments but he is being programmed to listen to what you say in your own words and then give an accurate diagnosis.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:10am On Jan 11, 2016
Analysts and report writers are already being made redundant. There are now lots of robots that can create content, music, art and designs. In blind tests people do not recognise which ones are done by the robots. Even this article could have been created by a bot, it certainly can be re-spun and re-produced by a bot, marketers use these tools every day.

So whether you are a manual worker, a transport worker, a white-collar worker or a professional - how future proof is your job? You are probably wondering now whether there is a safe industry to get into that would protect you from the march of the machines?

The answer is probably the internet. Humans are becoming more and more internet based every day. Social media has replaced the traditional means of communication, food is ordered online, taxis are operated via apps and companies now have to have an online presence if they are to be taken seriously. Learning how to work online or getting some of the skills that are going to be needed in the future is worth considering. If you can build a website or run an advertising campaign or look after an organisations Facebook and Twitter page then you will likely find employment in the new digital age.

One thing is certain, machines are coming. They will take over more and more of our jobs in the very near future.

i advise moving your business online to avoid the wrath of machines and bots
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:11am On Jan 11, 2016
space booked for 2nd winner
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:12am On Jan 11, 2016
space booked for 3rd winner
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:15am On Jan 11, 2016
feel free to ask your business related questions
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by raritywares: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2016
i will be happy to be a winner, which will make me financially independent and make me utilize my time judiciously. Kudos! a social service indeed
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by AdekunleIG(m): 8:08am On Jan 11, 2016
Kind of you.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
raritywares:
i will be happy to be a winner, which will make me financially independent and make me utilize my time judiciously. Kudos! a social service indeed

Ok let's wait for other contestants. U can increase your chances of winning by making more comments. Ur success is my pride
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good job bro...I'll will be glad to a winner and receive the package so I can start up mai own business .
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Riar: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Happy New Year Sir.....have always wish to start importation business but due to lack of experience I couldn't.... I will really appreciate if you can send me the eBook to help me as I am presently unemployed.....Thank you and God bless
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Donabydeco:
Good job bro...I'll will be glad to a winner and receive the package so I can start up mai own business .

your comment have been noted. bro i wish you all the best. you can increase your chances of winning by making more comments. your success is my pride
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Riar: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
just finished reading all the content on your blog Sir.....itz super loaded with many awesome informations.....I sincerely hope am among the top winners......to win the eBook....I believe 2016 is going to be my year of breakthrough...

Thank you Sir
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Riar:
Happy New Year Sir.....have always wish to start importation business but due to lack of experience I couldn't.... I will really appreciate if you can send me the eBook to help me as I am presently unemployed.....Thank you and God bless

bro you have been noted and you are already on the path of winning. i wish you all the best.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by nikkypresh(f): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
i really would love to have the importation business guide to help me make a living honestly and also help other people out.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
I'll be glad to receive this Ebook cuz i had to make my own living before i graduate.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by debco(m): 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sir,i really do appreciate your gesture to help we the young willing entrepreneurs.Good and reputable people like you are hard to come across with.May God continue to flourish your business and all aspect of your life with good things in Jesus name. I am already into importation bizness but stopped due to some issues with my goods.I will like to win your ebook to help me boost my moral and get new stores for buying down here at cheaper rate. May God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Dimex03(m): 12:01am On Jan 12, 2016
With sincere heart I write to salute u on your kind gestures towards helping individuals to be independent financially, I say a very Big thanks to you and also crave for your support as you've done for the above individual to help liberate me to greater height in importation biz as I'm about to graduate in a matter of month.

****dimextakeabow*****
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Maximus85(m): 1:17am On Jan 12, 2016
I've looked for scam alerts and I'm yet to find one. So, how do I get this material? Where you the one I made an Ebook cover for?
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Ajusshi: 1:37am On Jan 12, 2016
I for like get am but, Bullhari has made doing Biz in the country to be hell.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by paulsir: 3:22am On Jan 12, 2016
I'd love to join this business wagon, but i av some few knowledge that could trigger me to the purposed plan.I would love to have the material in my arsenal to sharpen my business acumen in importation business journey.Thanks in advance as i join the next beneficiaries of this favour.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 6:06am On Jan 13, 2016
Post more of your comments let's choose our winners
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by ausproxi(m): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2016
This is really what I have been waiting for.
I will be glad if I become the winner because it will really help me financially as I am a student and my parents are not financially buoyant.
I'm looking forward to getting the material as this will do me a lot of help.
Thanks
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by debco(m): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
I will really be glad if I become one of your winners because I believe if I start import again with the little I have at hand it will relief my financial constrain and I can also see you as a mentor sir
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Ogborokiri(m): 6:31am On Jan 14, 2016
nice u doing a great job here I pray oluwa continue to bless u and increase ur blessing and for those who wants to earn a living this E-book is the idea book for u am loving it already
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Scout60(m): 6:40am On Jan 14, 2016
in this hard N300 per dollar
hmmmmm
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by ican2020: 7:05am On Jan 14, 2016
You have been thanked enough by above comments.

Do the needful by sending the links to them
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by importexpert(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Read the instructions carefully. The more the number of your comments d better ur chances of winning. Lets hv more comments n more winners. Ur success is truly my pride
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by lailuvly: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
God bless you as you bless people to be self -employed. I would love to have the e-book because I want to be an importer. Thanks
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Booty4me: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
Haa people still they import when dollar won touch 500 .. Will rather source M̶̲̥̅γ item locally fo® now
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by lailuvly: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks, for supporting Nigerian youth I would be glad if I am able to learn importation business from your guide.
Re: How Future Proof Is Your Business? by Ogborokiri(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
where is the economy heading 300 naira for $1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The CBN Governor The Problem Of Nigeria Or Are We Getting It Wrong? / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos / Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.