Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... (1014 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Many people during boredom subject themselves to things like browsing on phones, laptops , playing music, watching movies etc on those things. But there was once a time when facebook, internets etc were not available. About 20 years ago how do people make themselves.happy to remove boredom then. Our ogas in their mid thirties and forties and above would know better. Because I can't imaging how life will be without these things.
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
I wouldn't bother myself with that.
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by deewhone(f): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
B4 maize came into existence, fowl dey chop something na. Life was good and interesting back then too with stories ma parents tell me. Its cuz u find urself in this era, u are used 2 it

1 Like

Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by jaymejate: 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
[size=16pt]They will go to farm and work hard[/size]
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by obiorathesubtle: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
grin life was even better back then.. We used to visit people a lot.. Write letters, organise public gatherings.. Small families would come together on saturdays or sundays, me and my friends would discuss mundane topics, our wives would engage in things we didn't care about, the children were always playing with their peers.. It was one big family.. You knew your neighbours and your neighbours knew you.. Sundays after long church services were spent with friends.. and we were always excited on fridays because the mail comes on friday and you have to drive long distances to go and receive a letter from your relatives in the village or far in the North. I remember when we heard over the radio that onyeka onwenu's record had just been released(early 90's).. we were all happy oo.. We had to wait about 2 or 3weeks before we could get our own record, when we finally bought a record, we played it during gatherings on sundays.. Back then was really fun...

2 Likes

Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by youngberry001(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=16pt]They will go to farm and work hard[/size]
exactly my thoughts
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
why do you think they used to marry very early then? whenever they were Bored then all they think about is Fvck. Those that Had Girlfriends will Bleep the girl until she gets Pregnant, That's How most of you were Conceived

Those wey no get Babe go w@@nk their Boredom away. After wanking, they come Back to their senses, Pick up a Book and read. That's Why that era Produced very Intelligent People Like Wole Soyinka, Achebe and the Likes

1 Like

Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by tkpoint2(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
VERY EASY

We subjected ourselves to;
Reading
Hunting (Games)
Osupa Ale - Tales by moon light
In the evening Ayo Olopon
In the evening under the mango tree, it was usually poundi and bush meat and Pami

and in the night na only you and your wifey(s) kiss

Life was interesting then, I mean very interesting
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
hmmm
thank GOD for the internet
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
DonUjay:
why do you think they used to marry very early then? whenever they were Bored then all they think about is Fvck. Those that Had Girlfriends will Bleep the girl until she gets Pregnant, That's How most of you were Conceived

Those wey no get Babe go w@@nk their Boredom away. After wanking, they come Back to their senses, Pick up a Book and read. That's Why that era Produced very Intelligent People Like Wole Soyinka, Achebe and the Likes
hmm sweet story. Lalasticlala
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
grin life was even better back then.. We used to visit people a lot.. Write letters, organise public gatherings.. Small families would come together on saturdays or sundays, me and my friends would discuss mundane topics, our wives would engage in things we didn't care about, the children were always playing with their peers.. It was one big family.. You knew your neighbours and your neighbours knew you.. Sundays after long church services were spent with friends.. and we were always excited on fridays because the mail comes on friday and you have to drive long distances to go and receive a letter from your relatives in the village or far in the North. I remember when we heard over the radio that onyeka onwenu's record had just been released(early 90's).. we were all happy oo.. We had to wait about 2 or 3weeks before we could get our own record, when we finally bought a record, we played it during gatherings on sundays.. Back then was really fun...
nice one here

1 Like

Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by lampardizik(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
maybe you should wait for when a time machine is publcised, then you can go back and find out first hand

chao
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
lampardizik:
maybe you should wait for when a time machine is publcised, then you can go back and find out first hand

chao
what is this one saying?
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by techie(m): 1:38am On Jan 12, 2016
Read books, played scrabble chess and monopoly visited video clubs for movies hung out at snooker joints
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by lampardizik(m): 2:19am On Jan 12, 2016
INTERMAN:
what is this one saying?

It is clear you don't understand latin
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2016
techie:
Read books, played scrabble chess and monopoly visited video clubs for movies hung out at snooker joints
wat of sega
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by cruzita(f): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2016
I don't know but all I know is it was fun those days because nobody get time to dey form big girls and boys
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by firstking01(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2016
RexKex:
I wouldn't bother myself with that.
ofcourse there where things that replaced phones that time.
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by Justiyke4u: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2016
INTERMAN:
Many people during boredom subject themselves to things like browsing on phones, laptops , playing music, watching movies etc on those things. But there was once a time when facebook, internets etc were not available. About 20 years ago how do people make themselves.happy to remove boredom then. Our ogas in their mid thirties and forties and above would know better. Because I can't imaging how life will be without these things.
then people will write letters(I did that) to relatives or listen to music using small set like cd Walkman or the cassette type(I did that too often) or read novels(I didn't do this one except for academics) and am not forgetting my Sega games and ending man unless our dad stays in door but then those movies(VHS) sweet that time but op not is too long now in the late 90s it was like that
Re: When There were No Phones Or Laptops ... by INTERMAN: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2016
I need.more comments. Lol say ur experience pf those days

(1) (Reply)

Birthday S*ex / Ladies And Guys Conversation, Is This True Or False??? / CRAZY : You Won ’ T Believe What This Man Kept At His Front- Yard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.