Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army (32277 Views)

DSP Sagir Usman Shugaba: A Cute Nigeria Police Officer (Photos) / 250 CJTF Recruited Into Army (Photos) / Captain Sagir Koli Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by LocalChamp: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK JAN 11, 2016
Sagir Koli, the Nigerian army captain who put his career and life on the line when he exposed the 2014 rigging of the gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, has been reabsorbed into the Nigerian army, SaharaReporters has authoritatively learned.

Army sources speaking with SaharaReporters also said Captain Koli, who is being praised by both peers and superiors, will receive a letter of commendation for his outstanding conduct and non-partisanship in the course of duty.

The captain, it will be recalled, fled the country after he exposed the rigging of the Ekiti State election, successfully making an electronic recording of a meeting where top politicians of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Nigerian army strategized on how to place in office Ayo Fayose, who eventually “won” the contest.

Brigadier General Aliyu Momoh, in collusion with then Minister of Defense Musiliu Obanikoro, former Osun State Senator Iyiola Omisore, former Minister for Police Affairs Jelili Adesiyan, Anambra politician Chris Uba, gubernatorial candidate Fayose, and others were caught on Captain Koli’s secret audio recording plotting to intimidate members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in order to successfully rig the gubernatorial race.

In the audio recording, which was subsequently published by SaharaReporters, Mr. Obanikoro was heard bribing General Momoh to use the military to deny APC voters access to polling stations and arrest leading opposition politicians in Ekiti State. The politicians were also recorded plotting with General Momoh about how to use their tactics in Ekiti to rig another election in Osun State.

News of Captain Koli’s reabsorption into the army follows the release of the Nigerian Army Board of Inquiry’s report where several high-ranking military officers were recommended for disciplinary proceedings.

It is unclear what other measures may be taken by the government, including possible prosecution of non-army personnel who were involved in the rigging. It should also be recalled that the army, in the course of searching for Captain Koli, tortured his teenage younger brother, a secondary school student.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/11/army-captain-who-exposed-election-rigging-ekiti-reabsorbed-army

9 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by theV0ice: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
A very welcome development.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by praxisnetworks: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
lipsrsealed
Ayo hear hear

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by GudluckIBB(m): 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Fayose will not like this News rara!

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by GOALGATE: 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
R

1 Like

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by 9ijaprince(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
How about one major musa whom APC used to manipulate bayelsa election?

45 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by kossyablaze(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice buh wen will my man utd "reabsorb"a new striker?Congrats to Messi!

6 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by cheddahboy(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
We are Gradually getting Things Right after so many Have Left..
R.I.P To All Fallen Heroes.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by fulanimafia: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Fayose should be planning his own exile then.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by suxkill: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Story 4 d gods!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by omolami: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
Another APC scam and plan to destroy Ekiti. Someone will die in this process am seeing and it will be shocking to the Nation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by blazetitov: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kudos to a brave soldier!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by spako4(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmmmm! Fayose, Omisore, Obanikoro, Ifeanyi UBA and them them. I still wait for more tory

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by tafabaloo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by nickxtra(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thank God for that, but he should know how he moves and where he goes. He should be careful.

12 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by nickxtra(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
omolami:
Another APC scam and plan to destroy Ekiti. Someone will die in this process am seeing and it will be shocking to the Nation.
No innocent person will die except riggers like you and your heroes.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by aieromon(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
Definition of a true soldier

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by WMD(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
Even though I am not sure why he did what he did, he is not fit to remain in the military. I advice him to quit and join politics or something similar as he will never be trusted or be involved in sensitive issues that requires secrecy in that career. He has broken the rule

24 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by Smartsyn(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
That guy should still watch his back, because all that glitters are not gold.

Someone please remind me how that case ended, how many of the people indicted was convicted?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by jbbaba(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
GREAT ONE. GOD BLESS NA
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by Opinedecandid(m): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
Compensation for a 'devil's' job well done.

4 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by CR77(f): 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
Stop just reading highlights, it saves you from talking Nonsense tongue
StOla:
Jonathan was really an irresponsible president.
He was too stu.pid to know what was right or wrong.
He was morally deficient.

10 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by Izugab(m): 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2854464/nairalanders-please-come-aid-because

pls nairalanders, help me....Am in dire pains now. No matter how little the help may be, I believe it'll solve my problem somehow.
Just click the link and read my story. Many have called on lalasticlala and fynestboi to move it to front page but they couldn't help me push it to front page.
Education is my life. I can't afford to miss this admission after the years it took me to gain admission.

thanks
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by StOla: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
Jonathan was really an irresponsible president.

He was too stu.pid to know what was right or wrong.

He was morally deficient.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by eleko1: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
May his guardian angel watch over him,kip him safe/protect him/his family from rampaging pdp herdsmen sad embarassed undecided sad*Hide inside bunker* embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by canalily(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
...this means when you soak foam with water, press off the water then use the same foam to absorb the water again..grin
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by hobermener: 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
Apc reporters at work. No weapon fashioned against fayose shall prosper. He has the full backing of the people. We only hear cases of rigging when pdp is involved

9 Likes

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by omojeesu(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good but he's not safe again. He's going to be hated by some of his superiors! Good luck to him.

1 Like

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by Princestylz(m): 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
K.
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by CR77(f): 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by Yksoul(m): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE,FAYOSE YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

1 Like

Re: Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army by hobermener: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
E

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah: Buhari Should Have Spoken With Biden, Not US Secretary / Senator Adelere Oriolowo Commissions Airtel Mast In Osun As Community Project / Governor Adeleke: INEC Presents Original 2018 Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.