Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC (1456 Views)

Pdp Must Not Die In Your Hands – Anenih Tells Sheriff / Forget Presidency Until Buhari’s Tenure Is Over, Anenih Tells pdp / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by elixirnigeria: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2016
A former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tony Anenih, has distanced himself from the $2.1 billion arms scam.
Anenih, in a letter to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said the N260 million traced to his account by the Commission was from former President Goodluck Jonathan, a refund for political expenses on behalf of the former president.
Anenih, in the letter, said he was not aware that the money was from the Office of the former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki.
He said he was only asked by Jonathan to submit an account into which the money he expended on a political assignment by the former president and candidate of the PDP for last year’s presidential election could be paid.
He said he was therefore not in a position to know which Office his account details would be sent for reimbursement.
Anenih said part of the assignment he undertook for Jonathan was the sealing of a pact with the Social Democratic Party for the party’s support for the former president’s presidential bid.
This involved Anenih releasing N100 million to the SDP, which was collected and acknowledged by the National Chairman of the party, Chief Olu Falae.
Anenih attached a copy of his correspondence with Falae to the response he sent to the EFFC’s query on the controversial N260 million received from Dasuki’s office.
The letter by Anenih to Falae, dated January 26, 2015, established the agreement the PDP reached with the SDP for inter-party cooperation to support Jonathan’s presidential ambition.
The letter, entitled: “Inter-Party Co-operation,” and signed by Anenih in his capacity as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP reads in part: “I write to sincerely thank you for your letter dated January 23, 2015, on the above subject matter.
“After due consultations with relevant stakeholders of our party, I am pleased to convey to you our decisions on the issues and to further inform you that the President and the leadership of our party have expressed delight and strong optimism to fully cooperate and work with the SDP in the circumstance.”
The PDP, through Anenih, also made a number of promises to the SDP on certain critical issues to which Falae’s party demanded explanation and commitment from both the PDP and Jonathan.
For instance, Anenih stated on the implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference as demanded by Falae in an earlier letter: “Please be assured that the report of the National Conference will be implemented to the letter. We believe that having regards to the fact that the National Conference was a baby of the President, he is in a better position to implement it. And this is what he is doing.”
On the demand for “zero tolerance to corruption”, Anenih responded: “There is no doubt that our party, the PDP, and your party, the SDP, are on the same page on this issue. Apart from the fact that this administration has done more arrests, investigations, prosecutions and convictions of corrupt cases, the President has continuously laid emphasis on the need to develop an appropriate technology to comprehensively combat corruption and its vices.
“The approach, for example, has produced immense results in eliminating corruption that was associated with the distribution of fertilizers in Nigeria in the past.”
On “intensification of efforts to defeat insurgency” as demanded by the SDP, Anenih wrote: “It is the primary duty of Government to protect the lives and property of its citizens and secure the territorial integrity of the nation. This Government has consistently made efforts to deal with the challenges of Boko Haram who have established their operational base somewhere between some States in the North-East of the country and the boundary with some of our neighbouring African countries.
“Terrorism has become a global phenomenon and fighting it requires the co-operation of not just the entire citizens but the support of the international community. The President is working on this. In his recent visit to Borno and in a rally in Maiduguri few days ago, he assured the people that every inch of Nigerian soil currently under the control of insurgents will be recovered in no distant time.”
On “combating unemployment”, Anenih stated: “This is certainly a primary focus of this Administration considering the various programmes designed and implemented since 2011; programmes such as SURE-P, YouWin, Agricultural and Industrial transformation, including the railways that have generated massive employment opportunities for Nigerians. The President intends to sustain the tempo and improve on existing records.”
On “reduction of recurrent expenditure and increase in capital expenditure”, Anenih gave this explanation to Falae and the SDP: “This is an area that the President is not only ready to give a critical look at but he is also prepared to welcome new ideas and positive contributions from leaders of the SDP.”
The sixth issue raised by the SDP through the letter by Falae was on the “participation of SDP in the PDP Government”.
Anenih wrote: “Please be assured that the SDP will be considered as worthy participant in the Government and will be adequately consulted in this regards.”
https://www.today.ng/politics/64806/arms-deal-i-got-n260m-from-jonathan-not-dasuki-anenih-tells-efcc
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by nickxtra(m): 9:32am On Jan 12, 2016
I thought the pussy d earlier agreed that he got the money from the Office of the NSA, but for presidential campaigns? Why does this papa want to change his statement now?

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 12, 2016
nickxtra:
I thought the pussy d earlier agreed that he got the money from the Office of the NSA, but for presidential campaigns? Why does this papa want to change his statement now?

Most of these stories have always emanated from pro-APC media outlets!!! EFCC would just cocot a story and dish it out to Sahara reporters,PUNCH or the Nation and they just keep spinning it!!

I want the trial proper to start in earnest so that we can hear directly from Dasuki and other characters involved in this case.I see no reason why Dasuki would be singing and at the same time plead not guilty in court
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by dukie25: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2016
How did APC fund their own campaign? Who paid for Bubu's campaign considering he had only #1mil in his account.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by fashoo2010(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Dansuki got his money from CBN

Falae got his money from Anenih

Anenih got his money from Jonathan.

Jonathan got his money from - - -?

As far as I'm concerned, Dansuki wouldn't have shared the money with out Jonathan consent. Jonathan can't be exonerated... He was d president when d whole film played out.

All they can do is to return all the money. They should vomit d money sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by osesology(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2016
Still on the matter. Every story seems to be leading to former presido. I wont be surprised if mr ``peace maker'' eventually goes to jail because from my own point of understanding and observation, the real thief here is the person that ordered the release of the money without the knowledge and acknowledgement of the National Assembly, which is the former president Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2016
osesology:
Still on the matter. Every story seems to be leading to former presido. I wont be surprised if mr ``peace maker'' eventually goes to jail because from my own point of understanding and observation, the real thief here is the person that ordered the release of the money without the knowledge and acknowledgement of the National Assembly, which is the former president Goodluck Jonathan.

After ranting on nl go to Otueke and pick him up let us see
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Lanretoye(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Any fund collected from jonathan or dasuki is ill gotten.
chukwudi44:

After ranting on nl go to Otueke and pick him up let us see
Chill now,you go watch the end.
BTW,you no dey support better thing oo and I no just knw y.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Daintelectual(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2016
Media trial without a lot of judges eventually leads to disappointments! Let the court of law decide!
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by omenka(m): 10:53am On Jan 12, 2016
chukwudi44:

Most of these stories have always emanated from pro-APC media outlets!!! EFCC would just cocot a story and dish it out to Sahara reporters,PUNCH or the Nation and they just keep spinning it!!

I want the trial proper to start in earnest so that we can hear directly from Dasuki and other characters involved in this case.I see no reason why Dasuki would be singing and at the same time plead not guilty in court
Is there any media outlet which makes any publication about the sleaze in the last admin that you people don't tag "pro APC media outlet"

Even when the Sun does, you guys would would say the same. If Authorityng does, same shiit would be heard from you guys. Even if it comes from thetrent or breakingtimes, I doubt you would say otherwise.

Big shots within PDP and APGA have started falling in line, condemning the conduct of those crooks, yet die hard supporters of goats like you lot on this forum would still see ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong in the way Jonathan handled this country.

There was this prayer that always made the rounds then which I'd still put to you guys now: May God handle your lives just as Jonathan handled Nigeria. Can I get an amen from you??

And I say a resounding AMEN to the prayer that God handles my life the same way Baba is handling Nigeria.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by omenka(m): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Falae said Anenih, Anenih says Jonathan. I wonder who Jo would point at- perhaps, Eyes Froggy.

Awon criminal enterprise.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by modath(f): 11:18am On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
Falae said Anenih, Anenih says Jonathan. I wonder who Jo would point at- perhaps, Eyes Froggy.

Awon criminal enterprise.

Point at Mama P nah... Na dat woman dey run things ...

I now know why throughout elections, her song was "i cant take food to my husband in prison", the woman bin done know the kain beans wey dem cook down!! sad
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Ayt27(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2016
It all leads back to the man with no shoes, but he won't probably be prosecuted because his "quietly stepped down"
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2016
This is enough to rope in Jonathan.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by antispexish(m): 11:43am On Jan 12, 2016
If that money had been used to build well equipped medical centers in rural areas around the country, Jona would have had 10 times the number of votes that he had from SDP supporters.

Every yam eater is pointing at someone else, even the facilitator, ngozi, is pointing the facilitating at someone else. Wonder who jona will point to o.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by lanrehamd: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2016
dukie25:
How did APC fund their own campaign? Who paid for Bubu's campaign considering he had only #1mil in his account.
he was funded by the Business Mogul in the party not money meant for national well being.

Criminal minded individuals....
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by dukie25: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2016
lanrehamd:

he was funded by the Business Mogul in the party not money meant for national well being.

Criminal minded individuals....

Name one of the business mogul apart from Tinubu and Amaechi.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Kyase(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
chukwudi44:

are you still 44 in 2016?
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Psalm18: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
Why are these clowns writing letters?
They should submit themselves to EFCC and make written statements uthender oath.

A letter written somewhere does not carry much weight.
If a poor citizen is accused of a crime, he does not stay at home and write the police a letter.
Nduka also wrote one. Nonsense people.
Re: Arms Deal: I Got N260m From Jonathan, Not Dasuki – Anenih Tells EFCC by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
chukwudi44:

Shukudi!! Abobaku in 2016?

(1) (Reply)

The Governor Of Enugu State Should Resign / Amosu's MRI Machine; Symptom Of A Terminally Diseased Society. / Photo Of Bayelsa State Governor New Born Quadruplet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.