Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? (911 Views)

"If A Woman Is Not Married By 30 Her Mileage Has Gone Far" - Nigerian Man Says / "Get Me Up" Man Screams As He's Sexually Assaulted By Ladies Who Held Him Down / 10 Myopic Statements Made By Ladies That Land Them Into Late Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2016
It amazes me the marriage craze going on in our society today. Ladies last wish is to get married....'by fire by force', they don't care if they are ready or not. They go for their friends wedding smiling and return home with gloomy face.They see it as a get away safe heaven...fairytale land of some sort. I happened to ask one of them...' Why do you want to get married?" Guess what her reply was.....' Am I getting younger?' She replied!
While her friend asked me, after graduation...its marriage for her. They fail to groom and develop their personal character, some even say when they marry they will change. Well,marriage don't change people, rather we become more of ourselves in marriage. Ladies see marriage like an end to search and career. No! its a process, it never an end....rather an unending process. They get more interested in the ceremony, the attention, the gallery, the white gown and she at the centre of the spot light.Little wonder we have many broken home...because they get into family way with wrong notion. Some give God ultimatum with fixed timeline....they pressure their man into making unnecessary promises with threats of breakup if they fail to oblige.
Develop yourself, be ready to be a batter half of that man u want to marry.....marry your fission with his....anything outside that will end in division

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by eleburu(f): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2016
Osumi
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2016
Its all in d head nd pressure from d society
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by YorubaWoman: 10:09am On Jan 12, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2016
sickstars:
Its all in d head nd pressure from d society
The worst pressure is the pressure within!
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2016
Where are the ladies in the house.....can u pls answer the kweshun?
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by TrapLORD(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2016
To some, they see it as an achievement of some sort. Most naija ladies would rather marry a successful man and be his house-wife then be successful themselves.

To others (The lazy bunch), its a meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2016
koife:

The worst pressure is the pressure within!

Yes i kno we humans with emotions nd d feeling of been loved by just one person over nd over again
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:17am On Jan 12, 2016
TrapLORD:
To some, they see it as an achievement of some sort. Most naija ladies would rather marry a successful man and be his house-wife then be successful themselves.

To others (The lazy bunch), its a meal ticket.
Spot on!
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Very true I agree and I wonder why.

I asked a few ladies something similar to this they said they are not getting younger. Time is not on their side as if it's some kind of PhD or achievement.

They won't desire to develop their self and become great women in their own right first. Many of them end as housewives and their husband may open open a shop for and when e loose his job God forbid.. you see them in abject poverty.

Anyway it's the other way around in our place, men want to marry asap because of the dowry the woman will pay especially rich women. cheesy
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Strahovski:
Very true I agree and I wonder why.

I asked a few ladies something similar to this they said they are not getting younger. Time is not on their side as if it's some kind of PhD or achievement.

They won't desire to develop their self and become great women in their own right first. Many of them end as housewives and their husband may open open a shop for and when e loose his job God forbid.. you see them in abject poverty.

Anyway it's the other way around in our place, men want to marry asap because of the dowry the woman will pay especially rich women. cheesy
U make me lmao rotfl@ PhD achievement

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by cruzita(f): 10:36am On Jan 12, 2016
I think its parental force or they are trying to please the society.but as for me I will never please anybody at my own detriment. I will succeed .i will make my own money and set up establishments all in my name.I will marry at the right time but not under any pressure.thank you

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 10:44am On Jan 12, 2016
cruzita:
I think its parental force or they are trying to please the society.but as for me I will never please anybody at my own detriment. I will succeed .i will make my own money and set up establishments all in my name.I will marry at the right time but not under any pressure.thank you
Wow, wow and wow that's the spirit. Upright thinking kiss
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by kadas01(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2016
I pity many of them!

Majority get married for the "wrong reasons" and "suffer in silence" almost forever!
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Jimdonnet(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
I don straff 4 this year sef way wan marry.bad characters nd smelling pussy
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 12, 2016
I think it's a disturbing and worrying trend. Even ladies who haven't made any leeway in their lives also wanna get married at all cost. Don't get me wrong folks, I'm all for marrying at the appropriate time under appropriate circumstances, but I think many ladies should realize that the world has shifted from the man being the sole bread winner, while he wins the bread, you have to win the tea and the bread spread too.
In essence, advance your career and get a self sustaining job so you could contribute meaningfully to the family economy.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 11:18am On Jan 12, 2016
sapiosexual1:
I think it's a disturbing and worrying trend. Even ladies who haven't made any leeway in their lives also wanna get married at all cost. Don't get me wrong folks, I'm all for marrying at the appropriate time under appropriate circumstances, but I think many ladies should realize that the world has shifted from the man being the sole bread winner, while he wins the bread, you have to win the tea and the bread spread too.
In essence, advance your career and get a self sustaining job so you could contribute meaningfully to the family economy.
You're right bro
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2016
kadas01:
I pity many of them!

Majority get married for the "wrong reasons" and "suffer in silence" almost forever!
...and I heard karma is a b!tch
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2016
Ladies av gone into hiding
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by sexymoma(f): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2016
Jimdonnet:
I don straff 4 this year sef way wan marry.bad characters nd smelling pussy
For ya mind now u don achieve wetin normal person never achieve...and for you to have straffed a smelling kitty means u sef na smellos.. odindin 4 smelling pvssy, bro u dirty and u nor get class.
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by koife(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2016
sexymoma:
For ya mind now u don achieve wetin normal person never achieve...and for you to have straffed a smelling kitty means u sef na smellos.. odindin 4 smelling pvssy, bro u dirty and u nor get class.

Gal....u harsh ooo
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by sexymoma(f): 11:32am On Jan 12, 2016
koife:

Gal....u harsh ooo
Nor mind the guy, and he dey write am with confidence grin
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by Jimdonnet(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
sexymoma:

make una clean up.NEXT PLS
Re: Where Is The Craze To Get Married By Ladies From? by kadas01(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2016
koife:
...and I heard karma is a b!tch
Karma is NOT and can NEVER be a b!tch!

Karma is "fair" and "just"!

Karma is "Mother Nature" at work!

(1) (Reply)

4 Romantic Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day / A Classic Tune From V.I. / Will You Drink Water Coming Out Of This Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.