Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts (19661 Views)

Munched Screen From MMM South Africa After The Freezing / MMM Mavro Freezing Has Been Cancelled / Account Freezing: MMM Reacts To Nigerians' Outbursts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Atlantian: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
The dullard's Nomadiconomy formular is to chase away foreign investors...lol.

Those who voted a cattle rearer into Aso Rock shouldnt expect anything more than cow dung.

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by grandstar(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obidikejr:
Mtn bribed the just like dstv did. What's wrong with our judicial system! We have enough network providers, need more? Create more! Empower individuals to start up! shut this Yello fevers down and let the others learn from them. Over 20 network providers in the US, sms is free, calls are relatively cheap.

Sincerely dunno the jinx this SA guys have over us, or our big men has shares invest in their companies here, cuz I don't see why this guy's will kill us in the name of xenophobia and yet Shoprite, dstv, mtn is still chopping our heads here.

The white man control a vast section of your economy and you choose to blame your fellow black and claim it's xenophobia, what the hell is wrong with Africa and Africans.
The fine will scare away foriegn investors.Privatised discos which have disappounted nigerians are not fined. This is hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by manny4life(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
I don't know if bonds work in Nigeria, but I will suggest the AGF ask the court to mandate MTN post a bond equal to the penal sum from NCC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
UrbanMystique:
I guess you have went back to read the post again . Now, clap for yourself. Next time, Read the post before you quote or comment. Not doing so makes you sound dumb. Good night . grin
Lol. Not everyone is like you u knw. Don't use urself as a yardstick okay? That u comment without reading doesn't mean everyone does. I don't have to stress myself to make a point to anyone here. Go to bed Mr.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
$7.7 billion! That was money that could have stayed in our financial system were mtel hands not tied behind its back by corrupt and unpatriotic Nigerians while mtn raked in the money. What is status quo ante bellum here? Does it envisage MTN staying transactions in re its bank account in the interim. Mareva is an equitable relief meant to ensure the applying party is not irredeemably left with a bloodied nose. A course of conduct has been established! There goes our courts again!
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 247notire(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
manny4life:

What are you talking about? The report provided a historical trend of MTN moving funds into a foreign account (countries listed), heck MTN moved close to $1 billion in one single day and you're asking for evidence to show if MTN wants to move funds. Isn't it common sense that MTN has the capacity to move these funds if they so desire? I think you're the one with the moronic assertions.
This your history of one day withdrawal did it have anything to do with a fine? Or owners of money can't withdraw their money's from their accounts when they like? You'll just be exposing ur ignorance further. Just shut it already.

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Reference(m): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kikero112:
MTN......just pay up please.

That is the problem with Nigeria....people refuse to obey the laws....and everyone thinks it is normal.

Well....it ain't.

Does your government obey the courts. Now it prays the courts for favour. Talk of pissing on your own parade. If you want the rule of law to work for you, obey it. You cannot be undermining institution ane expect anything less than a banana republic. MTN knows this.

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Reference:

Does your government obey the courts. Now it prays the courts for favour. Talk of pissing on your own parade. If you want the rule of law to work for you, obey it. You cannot be undermining institution ane expect anything less than a banana republic. MTN knows this.

That still does not excuse MTN ripping us off....or government not obeying court orders.

Which, if you understood my post earlier.....you would have seen I regard both as wrong.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by coleon(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
I think this mtn lawyers must hv seen a very big hole in our laws that they wanna exploit otherwise I can't fathom this effontery against the govt.
From the onset mtn never denied that they erred but they merely approach d govt for to temper justice with mercy which d govt did by reducing the fine ,but by going to court nw to avoid paying is tantamount to insolence which no sane govt should condone.
I will recommend a speedy trial of this case to teach other would be mtn a lesson.
I also strongly concur with d AGF that mtn want to repatriate their funds to avoid paying, this is because mtn investment in Nigeria is very liquid. U wnt beleive that even their head office in Falomo ikoyi is a leased apartment talk less of all the masts they use which is owned nd serviced by IHS.
So what do u think the govt will hold on to when mtn repatriates all their liquid funds in banks.
For those of u supporting MTN I pity ur unborn children.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Mboi: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
rafabenitez:
My holy god,will somebody talk sense into this judge,have MTN nt milked us enof,NCC pls call the presidency,disobey the court order and freeze there accounts immediately,south africa are ugrateful and crooks,imagine,naija don fall hands too much abe.can this thrash happen in there land?
What have ur dear country Nigeria done for her dear citizens, do u know the Impact of Sourth African companies in you country's economy?

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by edupedia: 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obidikejr:
Mtn bribed the just like dstv did. What's wrong with our judicial system! We have enough network providers, need more? Create more! Empower individuals to start up! shut this Yello fevers down and let the others learn from them. Over 20 network providers in the US, sms is free, calls are relatively cheap.

Sincerely dunno the jinx this SA guys have over us, or our big men has shares invest in their companies here, cuz I don't see why this guy's will kill us in the name of xenophobia and yet Shoprite, dstv, mtn is still chopping our heads here.

The white man control a vast section of your economy and you choose to blame your fellow black and claim it's xenophobia, what the hell is wrong with Africa and Africans.

...yet these south africans are killing our people for being fruit vendors on their streets....do their street urchins know how much their companies are taking out of Nigeria daily?...
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Even though am not taking sides, all of you clamouring for Mtn to go will soon realise the harsh reality of life without them. whether Na all those paralytic "Backups" una dey count on we go know.

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by makhu007: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
josite:
mtn obviously has more than enough assets in Nigeria other than cash to satisfy a trillion naira judgement . a trillion naira fine ,no matter the infraction is an excessive and fines are not meant to kill a company but to deter it from going over borders.mtn will surely win .

What do u mean by enuf assets pls? Kindly give a list.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by makhu007: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
josite:
mtn obviously has more than enough assets in Nigeria other than cash to satisfy a trillion naira judgement . a trillion naira fine ,no matter the infraction is an excessive and fines are not meant to kill a company but to deter it from going over borders.mtn will surely win .

What assets pls? Kindly give a list.
Mtn needs nigeria more dan nigeria needs it..
Mtn dat was chased out of biz in its own country....
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by treach(m): 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Vivipop:
I hope my president obeys court's order this time. Meanwhile, MTN should stop being tricky.

Is sis wat can come out of u

Pls make sense.......
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
fg dey jealous their wealth?
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Rexnegro(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2016
I swear as I dey read this news e dey pain me,sometimes e be like judges dey among this con3 problem sef...so the judge no fit support nigeria on this one abi? MTN And oda SA companies are really taking us for a fool in this con3 sha...when MTN contract expire I wish fg don't renew it cos MTN dey really feel like say we can't do without Them...multichoice too their own worst, a friend of mine in Zambia said their gotv There is pay-per-view billing, meanwhile over here despite our large market they place monthly duration on us Weda or not You use or watch it...as for me I don dust And return my decoder back to his carton,wish all nigerians both dstv And gotv can do likewise to force Them reduce their card prices And give us pay_per-view billing.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 13, 2016
Rexnegro:
I swear as I dey read this news e dey pain me,sometimes e be like judges dey among this con3 problem sef...so the judge no fit support nigeria on this one abi? MTN And oda SA companies are really taking us for a fool in this con3 sha...when MTN contract expire I wish fg don't renew it cos MTN dey really feel like say we can't do without Them...multichoice too their own worst, a friend of mine in Zambia said their gotv There is pay-per-view billing, meanwhile over here despite our large market they place monthly duration on us Weda or not You use or watch it...as for me I don dust And return my decoder back to his carton,wish all nigerians both dstv And gotv can do likewise to force Them reduce their card prices And give us pay_per-view billing.

May mercy speak for us

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by SKYQUEST(m): 1:16am On Jan 13, 2016
247notire:
O boy, wetin happen? All these kids on NL these days sha...

Naa for NL you go see wetin free megabytes de do to people expressing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by millhouse: 1:50am On Jan 13, 2016
247notire:
Lol. Ur moronic assertions make me laugh. Any iota of evidence or fact to prove that MTN wants to move funds? Is there also any evidence or proof that they sued the govt to court to buy time? O boy u knw nothing about the workings of a law court pls hold ur own boy, yea? Good night.
the guy dull

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by eaglechild: 4:33am On Jan 13, 2016
This is what you get when you want to use a foreign company to prop up your ailing economy.

What a super dull government imposing an irrational fine that will scare away foreign investors.

1 Like

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by cirmuell(m): 5:16am On Jan 13, 2016
Looking forward to 22nd of January. I hope they don't adjourn it agian undecided. Phucked up judicial system
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by allthingsgood: 5:39am On Jan 13, 2016
victorels:
The Court Understands Better than the Federal Government. Any Shortage in MTN Output will lead to poor tax payable by MTN and result to shortage in Revenue accruable to the Federation account.

If Federal Government is banking on The Liquidated Nitel taking over MTN, They should alow it to operate for at least a year and determine for themselves if it can raise enough revenue as MTN before they can decide to squeeze life out of MTN.

But MTN Knows the truth. Nigeria can not be the same again without MTN. That is why they went ahead to liquidate Visafone even though they have a fine to pay.

70% of nigerians think like this.....its unfortunate
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 13, 2016
$7.7bn!!!

The Nigerian government better properly privatise Nitel. These guys are cleaning out! In the kind of crunch we are in it should be a Nigerian company raking such amounts. Goodness!

Now, MTN + Airtel + Etisalat cry
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Abudu2000(m): 7:43am On Jan 13, 2016
even when ppl haven't been subscribing Mtn have been making trillions,back to back.talkless of now they have over a million nairalanders to give them #2500 every month
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by harjayi(m): 7:43am On Jan 13, 2016
Obidikejr:

. do u knw how many nigeria dey employ and how much the are paying for tax, any problem they will layoff their worker then increase the unemployment rate. so pls reason and leave sentiment alone.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by harjayi(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2016
rafabenitez:
My holy god,will somebody talk sense into this judge,have MTN nt milked us enof,NCC pls call the presidency,disobey the court order and freeze there accounts immediately,south africa are ugrateful and crooks,imagine,naija don fall hands too much abe.can this thrash happen in there land?
maybe u should be ready to employ their worker when they start sending them home
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2016
masseratti:
sorry to ask please,do you really undestand what you wrote/post,its not a must to post in public forums.
Just take a walk if you don't. I wont post it if I don't.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 13, 2016
tuale4u:

Do u know how many billion dollars US fined BP? Which they paid in a hurry

BP Got their money from Oil and not the US Citizens. The Oil cannot complain but humans can. I believe you can see the difference.
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by titanic510(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2016
WOOBAND INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO. LTD
ADD: Room 405, Heshun Building, 1025 Mid. Sanyuanli Rd., Baiyun District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China (Mainland)
PHONE:+8613060998229
WHATAPP:+8613060998229
CONTACT PERSON:JACK LIN
EMAIL:lintiehong520@163.com

We specialized in China-to-African shipping for more than ten years ,with rich experience ,best price and good service .pls contact us if you need our service ,tks

Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by Obidikejr(m): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2016
harjayi:
. do u knw how many nigeria dey employ and how much the are paying for tax, any problem they will layoff their worker then increase the unemployment rate. so pls reason and leave sentiment alone.
Didn't you read where I say need more network providers? empower the private sector / individual to start up to cover up the loss.. So bcuz they are helping us cub unemployment that gives them the authority to milk us dry right? Guy reason before u post, oya go and tell them to employ the unemployed 10mil youths or pack their bags and go. What about the over 2000 they fire when they acquired visafone few weeks ago, employment my foot
Re: Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts by 400billionman: 10:03am On Jan 13, 2016
NCC should implore CBN to sanction any bank that assists MTN transfer funds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN / Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / How To Open An Online Stock Brokerage Account To Trade The American Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.