Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

Sex After Traditional Marriage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex After Traditional Marriage. (8756 Views)

Things You Only Learned About Sex After Having Sex (17 Photos) / Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / After Traditional,She Still Insist She Cant Have Sex Until After Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Sissy3(f): 12:57am On Jun 20, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I'm just saying because I saw it happen to a guy right here in Dallas. And when the dude when home the church was a little apprehensive on getting them married.

* I hate the word bastard too so I'm sorry for using it*

some of these church ppl sef *rollz eyes*

if they are apprehensive about wedding them i wonder what they will do/say to those who have a child outside of wedlock
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by OgidiBoy(m): 1:01am On Jun 20, 2009
~Sissy~:

some of these church ppl sef *rollz eyes*

if they are apprehensive about wedding them i wonder what they will do/say to those who have a child outside of wedlock

That's just what I'm say right there, because the church don't consider tradition marriage as real marriage. "I maybe wrong off-cause"
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by fredrick3: 1:44am On Jun 20, 2009
SIssy how are you n where are you?can i knowyou?.reply please
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by lechatte(f): 2:22am On Jun 20, 2009
ifyalways:

Na u get ur life  cheesy
U need to know when u got married. . . . .when u said yes u wud marry him or when u walk down the aisle with him.
[b]I started chopping kpankere[/b] the very day i agreed to marry him.
I hope u wont feel guilty if u guys make love on sunday mornings even after the church wedding?lol jk
Only u can free ya mind.  cheesy

Kpankere? Girl, you are very funny, thank you for a deep belly laugh this evening. grin

@OP, If your conscience condemns you then give it a rest till you get married in church. Personally, I believe the traditional marriage means you are rightfully married and you can start chopping kpankere (apologies to my dear ifyalways). What do you call all the prayers and blessings showered on you by your parents and elders in the family? All the invocation of God's favor and blessings done at the ceremony?Or does God not hear prayers said under canopies?
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Oxone(m): 4:03am On Jun 20, 2009
the way i see it, ur already married to him so knock urself out, nothing to be scared of
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Archilles(m): 10:07am On Jun 20, 2009
@Poster,
The only reason why you are feeling the guilt is because you were probably brought up and taught that any sexual act before being married in church is a sin. This stuck in your brain and mind and its affecting you now. Same way some girls still believe that if a guy just shake their hands, its enough to get them pregnant (simple because her mom told her so when she was young). Please just go ahead and enjoy your marriage and sex life.
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Anamelechi: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
I thank you all for your reply. i I am now comfortable giving it to my husband any how he will want it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by debosky(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2009
Anamelechi:

I thank you all for your reply. i I am now comfortable giving it to my husband any how he will want it.

That's the spirit!! cheesy

Lucky husband. tongue
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by touchmeder: 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
Anamelechi:

hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by C2H5OH(f): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
Oooooo work him girl
Anamelechi:

MmmmmhhHmmmm she feena get her back blown out grin
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by kolaoloye(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2009
Too many pastors without bible are on this forum grin
Young lady ,watch your steps and take it easy.
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by kasilly(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2009
nothing wrong with it
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Romeo4real(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
The ignorance displayed on ths thread is breathtaking.
The question the lady is asking can only be relevant if she is a Christian, and as such i dont understand many of the opinions here, as the Biboe is very ckear about things like this. If ur not a practising Christian, then there really is no need to even offer an ans.

As a Christain, you can have sex with your Husband, but he is not your "husband" until your marriage has taken place according to the laws of the land in which you reside, and is Blessed by a Christian minister. This is what the Bible says. Simple! This means you have to get an "official" document stating that the union of marriage has taken place btw both of you. This does not change whether its a Court (civil) or Church wedding

The traditional marriage, though purported to be the "real" marriage, is not recognized by any legal body or government anywhere in the world - even in Naija.

It is called a "traditional" b'cos it was the way of taking a wife b4 civil and legal institutions were put into place in the society, hence it was the "traditional" way of doing things. It is sometimes called the "engagement" bco's in those days once a man declared his intent, and it was accepted, it was deemed as good as a marriage as there was no turning back after the acceptance. A celebration would then be instigated to mark the event.
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by debosky(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2009
Romeo4real:

As a Christain, you can have sex with your Husband, but he is not your "husband" until your marriage has taken place according to the laws of the land in which you reside, and is Blessed by a Christian minister. This is what the Bible says. Simple! This means you have to get an "official" document stating that the union of marriage has taken place btw both of you. This does not change whether its a Court (civil) or Church wedding.
Where in the bible does it say you have to be 'blessed by a Christian minister'??

Where in the bible does it say that it is in only these two cases that you can be considered married?

The traditional marriage, though purported to be the "real" marriage, is not recognized by any legal body or government anywhere in the world - even in Naija.

Who says? Have you heard of the customary court before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Romeo4real(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
Where in the bible does it say you have to  be 'blessed by a Christian minister'??  Huh

There is nowhere in the Bible that it says explicitly so, but we can rightfully assume that if Moses had to issue a certificate of Divorce (Mat. 19:3-9), then the marriage would have been formalised and recognised in some way, otherwise how could he issue a certificate of divorce for something he does not have any proof exists.

Where in the bible does it say that it is in only these two cases that you can be considered married?  Huh

There are quite a few verses that makes it clear that you should subject yourself to the rulers and the laws of the land in which you reside -Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1, 1 Peter 2:13, 14, 17
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by aniedu: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2009
@ poster,
The question i want to ask is: why is the church wedding delayed? Is it because of money? or something else?
I am in support of what your concience tells you.
It is wrong to have sex before church wedding if you are a CHRISTIAN. Church wedding is just for you to bless your union that has been traditionally accepted and to hand it over to God.
You dont need thousands for your church wedding, if you thing you want to call the whole community to come and eat fine, if you have the money but if the money is not there call you pastor to bless your union in the presence of few witnesses and start your life.
Discuss this with your husband he may have the same feelings like yours.
Let no body deceives you, sex before church wedding is fornication to CHRISTIANS fulstop
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2010
i tot friday is 4 d traditional n sat 4 d white weding.a nyt with self control will not kill it will only help u get stronger.d dick n vagina is not running away nah grin grin grin grin it will be ther 4 u 4 life TILL DEATH DO U PATH grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by twinskenny(m): 12:17am On Jan 27, 2010
kulyie:

i tot friday is 4 d traditional n sat 4 d white weding.a nyt with self control will not kill it will only help u get stronger.d manliness n womanliness is not running away nah grin grin grin grin it will be ther 4 u 4 life TILL DEATH DO U PATH grin grin grin grin grin

lol

the traditional is the main thing,
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
@post
just follow your mind.I want to believe you belong to a church,some churches frown at it and considers it a sin.
But then If you want to do it,it is left for you and your husband or is it husband to be? to deicide
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Onchedu(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
There is nothing wrong with having sex with Ur husband or wife. Abi After the traditional marriage rites aren't U both referred to as husband & wife?

The wedding at Cana that Jesus Christ attended, was it a church wedding or a traditional wedding?

Wedding na wedding. As long as men have agreed on earth, it will be recorded in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Omolola1(f): 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
I don't know jareee
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
PEOPLE ARE FOOLS SOMETIMES THE CHURCHES MAKE PEOPLE DAFT

ALL THE PEOPLE IN BIBLE NEVER HAD A CHURCH WEDDING SO DID THEY SIN BEFORE MARRAIGE SINCE THEY NEVER HAD A CHURCH WEDDING

WHAT COUNTS TO GOD IS THE COMMITMENT TO YOUR MARRAIGE WHETHER TRADITIONAL, CIVIL OR CHURCH

1 Like

Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by BABE3: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2011
Were you officially joined together in the name/presence of the lord? If you were not--- Opsy! lipsrsealed
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

PEOPLE ARE FOOLS SOMETIMES THE CHURCHES MAKE PEOPLE DAFT

ALL THE PEOPLE IN BIBLE NEVER HAD A CHURCH WEDDING SO DID THEY SIN BEFORE MARRAIGE SINCE THEY NEVER HAD A CHURCH WEDDING

WHAT COUNTS TO GOD IS THE COMMITMENT TO YOUR MARRAIGE WHETHER TRADITIONAL, CIVIL OR CHURCH
The most sensible post so far! It is up to d individuals involved,MARRIAGE NA MARRIAGE!! But i don't know about SEX B4 engagement,dat one is totally WRONG!!! grin grin grin
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Youngpo413: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2014
kaghoe:
why, why, why, why, why are we so RELIGIOUS in this country.
Lady gets married and wonders if she is committing a sin by sleeping with her HUSBAND, that has been joined to her, according to TRADITIONAL RITES, which is enough. just because she has not gone to the church yet,
the bible says, MY PEOPLE, not the people of the world, MY PEOPLE, GOD'S PEOPLE, perish for lack of knowledge.

honey please, enjoy your marriage and open your mind.

....and your legs wide apart!
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by olaabiola: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2014
My dear you are married....Trad marriage is the real marriage .
Re: Sex After Traditional Marriage. by Exjoker(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
Anamelechi:
I did my traditional wedding last three months, still preparing for the white wedding.My problem is that i can't deny my husband sex. I fill guilty each time we have sex because my mind is telling me that it is wrong. My question now is, is it a sin to have sex after one's traditional wedding.
What is wrong with having sex after you traditional wedding? You mean you still feel like you guys ain't truly married yet?...You're weird!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Exposes Photo Of A Married Man Who Slept With Her (lolz) / His Sexual Strenght Is Scaring Her Away... / As An Uber Driver, Most Of My Female Passengers Are Corporate Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.