Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset (3622 Views)

Revealed: The Rise Of Mixed-Race Britain - The Gaurdian / Britain “the Era Of Constant Electricity At Home Is Ending”, National Grid Chief / Britain: The Rise And Rise Of Black Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
mikeansy:

It makes me feel good when the only habbits u can find amongst christains to compare to even today's muslims are histories of the attrocities that took place in the christendome in probably 12th to 15th century.

It simply shows how world apart these two religions are as far as civilization goes.
Again with the quick self-righteous proclamation. Did the muslim genocide by Serbians occur in the 15th century? undecided

It is not about one religion being good or bad, but simply do not put the sins of the individuals on the religion.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by MrCrackles(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2009
Topic
No he didnt! shocked grin
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
I do not put the sins of any individual on any religion, I just condemn a religion's refusal to condemn violence within its midst

when will a world renowned Muslim cleric or leader condemn Al-qaeda and its followers

Can you endorse the fact that Al-qaeda are a terrorist organisation that should have no place in any religion? (My guess is that in your next four post you will be unable to condemn al-qaeda)
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2009
Mikeansy,

I was driving about 3months ago listening to a radio program - lbc 97.3 to be specific. One of the Muslim scholar here in the UK was interviewed and when asked to condemn violence, he refused point blank. If a respect scholars [respected among the muslim scholars here] can come out and refuse to condemn the use of violence by Muslims, then it is clear to deduce that they do encourage violence in one way or the other.

Besides, violence forms the bedrock of Islam founding values. Period.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2009
mikeansy:

I do not put the sins of any individual on any religion, I just condemn a religion's refusal to condemn violence within its midst

when will a world renowned Muslim cleric or leader condemn Al-qaeda and its followers

Can you endorse the fact that Al-qaeda are a terrorist organisation that should have no place in any religion? (My guess is that in your next four post you will be unable to condemn al-qaeda)
So what then do you classify as, the statements by Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah al Sheik condemning terrorism.? or is he not high ranking enough?

You make reference to al-qaeda, as if Al-qaeda is propagating Islam. Do they not have issues with Saudi Arabia and the royal family itself?

I just condemned terrorism a few post earlier. Of what relevance is my condemnation/approval of Al-qaeda with reference to Islam, moreso I am not even a muslim. Alqaeda is bad - happy?

People condemn terrorism (or what others deem terrorism) based on their individual judgement. It similar to the debate poeple have as to MEND figting for justice or beoing common criminals - the choice is not based on religion.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by Afam(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
mikeansy:

Is Al-qaeda part of Islam?

Is Al-qaeda the same thing is Islam?

What defines a terrorist organisation?

How different is Al-qaeda from the state sponsored killed of innocent people like the US or Israel in areas they choose to use their forces in?

One man's terrorist may just be another's freedom fighter.

If Islam does not make any reference to Al-qaeda then it will amount to word play when we try to equate or even compare Al-qaeda to Islam.

Would anyone condemning Al-qaeda change the reason for the existence of such groups and movements?

We must understand that injustices, maiming and killing of innocent ones etc have been used as excuses for people to set up organisations while playing the religion game like we see in Nigeria where the elite would rather use religion to divide Nigerians instead of addressing the issues like hunger, deprivation and injustices.

Has Al-qaeda done anything worse than what the US did in Iraq - waged a war against a sovereign nation based on lies and today a lot of innocent children, men and woman have been sent to their graves.

We must begin to address injustices for what they are and stop bringing in religion into anything because religion can be used as a tool to control people, seek for support, draw empathy etc.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Mikeansy,

I was driving about 3months ago listening to a radio program - lbc 97.3 to be specific. One of the Muslim scholar here in the UK was interviewed and when asked to condemn violence, he refused point blank.  If a respect scholars [respected among the muslim scholars here] can come out and refuse to condemn the use of violence by Muslims, then it is clear to deduce that they do encourage violence in one way or the other.

and what do you know about the bedrock of Islam, about its history or the religion in general, that makes you an authority? undecided
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by MrCrackles(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Mikeansy,

I was driving about 3months ago listening to a radio program - lbc 97.3 to be specific. One of the Muslim scholar here in the UK was interviewed and when asked to condemn violence, he refused point blank. If a respect scholars [respected among the muslim scholars here] can come out and refuse to condemn the use of violence by Muslims, then it is clear to deduce that they do encourage violence in one way or the other.

For the highlighted bit of your post, i conclude you are daft! cheesy
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2009
If anyone here can give me conclusive evidence that Islam wasnt spread via war etc then I would listen. Anyone?
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

and what do you know about the bedrock of Islam, about its history or the religion in general, that makes you an authority? undecided

Do I have to be an authority to give my opinions based on what I have read and seen over the years?

Quran condemns the jews and homosexuals. I suppose this I made up as well?

I am not trying to get in to a lengthy debate here, but to claim Islam do not condone violence is just lies.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

If anyone here can give me conclusive evidence that Islam wasnt spread via war etc then I would listen. Anyone?
Was Islam ever spread by war? Yes, but then so was Christianity.
Were all muslims converted by force? No, but then same applies to christians.

So the point of your question was? undecided
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

Dude it crack me up every time you use this simley --> undecided I always have this image of you in my head with a bendy neck.

Look you are admitting Islam was spread by war. In fact it was spread via war, fear, intimidation etc All of these fall under the umbrella of violence. That is my point and what I am talking about.

I never made mention of Christianity, thanks for moving the goal post though. Oh wait allow me to bend my neck like I imagine you do yours ---> undecided lmao.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Do I have to be an authority to give my opinions based on what I have read and seen over the years?

Quran condemns the jews and homosexuals. I suppose this I made up as well?

I am not trying to get in to a lengthy debate here, but to claim Islam do not condone violence is just lies.
and the bible too condemned judaism and homosexuality. So what is your point?

You are free to give your opinion on issues, but knowing your level of knowledge of the matter lets one know either to take your opinions serios or treat as comments from someone who is ignorant of the issue being discussed. If you do not know anything concrete about Islam, then your opinion should simply be ignored.

There is no lengthy debate to be had.
Does Islam preach violence? No. Can I find verses in the Quran to support violent acts? Yes.
Same applies to Christianity.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by Afam(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

You are free to give your opinion on issues, but knowing your level of knowledge of the matter lets one know either to take your opinions serios or treat as comments from someone who is ignorant of the issue being discussed. If you do not know anything concrete about Islam, then your opinion should simply be ignored.

Some other people have noticed the above and made same clear to the guy. Goes about making wild claims and unsubstantiated allegations and opinion on things he knows very little about.

I love this forum. It gives one ample time to ridicule one's self and self destruct in the process.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Dude it crack me up every time you use this simley -->  undecided I always have this image of you in my head with a bendy neck.

Look you are admitting Islam was spread by war. In fact it was spread via war, fear, intimidation etc All of these fall under the umbrella of violence. That is my point and what I am talking about.

I never made mention of Christianity, thanks for moving the goal post though. Oh wait allow me to bend my neck like I imagine you do yours ---> undecided lmao.
This is what happens when you jump into a discussion midway without reading up on the history.

Tudor made a sweeping statement about Islam based on the utterance of Khameni, I applied a similar logic to Christianity and mikeansy came to his defense. The point had always been why apply a measure to Islam that you wouldn't want applied to Christianity.

As to spreading Islam through violence, what do you think the crusade by richard was? a peaceful sermon? undecided
Constantine marched on Rome in the name of God, while pursuing his personal ambitions.

People have always acted out their selfish interests under the name of God. Even Hitler claimed to be inspired by God.

Religion is the opium of the masses and selfish people don't refrain from abusing it.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

and the bible too condemned judaism and homosexuality. So what is your point?

There is no lengthy debate to be had.
Does Islam preach violence? No. Can I find verses in the Quran to support violent acts? Yes.
Same applies to Christianity.

Dude it sucks when people keep missing the point. I was making a point and a point solely on Islam. A point which you denied, then came back to acknowledge as a correct one later. I never raised any point about Christianity. In case you are missing the point, I am repeating it again. My point is focused on Islam and that is precisely what am doing.

Seeing that you are more or less trying to "attack the man" instead of the message at hand, it speaks a lot about you isn't?

Islam do not promote violence, yet the Battle of Badr as recorded in the quran looks nothing more than violence to me.  Quran never preached violence yet Muhammed gave a mandate of "Kill any jews that falls into your power" Now as I understand it, the  Quran is the ultimate book of how muslims should live their life etc.  Yeah you are so right, it never preached violence.

In Ibn Ishaq 992, he killed children. Yet this in your eyes is not violence? In fact, here is what muhammed says "“Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah.  Do not be deceitful with the spoils; do not be treacherous, nor mutilate nor kill children"  Yeah what a peaceful loving son of a woman he is. Allahu akbar.

Dude I can go on and on. But Next time, let us stick to the point at hand. Islam promotes violence and damn well preaches it. That is my point and you have already accepted that. What is your problem?
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
Binna. You are weird. Let me keep it simple.

1. I read the thread.

2. I made a point based on something I know and see - I am talking entirely about Islam.

3.YOu disputed, but later accepted.

Gosh.

Afam.
Glad to see that you are still "looking for allies" across thread. Good to see my post have such effect on you. Plus points for me. Here is a little tip, you can learn to ignore me completely without side talking to me. Simple common sense. smiley
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by Afam(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Afam.
Glad to see that you are still "looking for allies" across thread. Good to see my post have such effect on you. Plus points for me. Here is a little tip, you can learn to ignore me completely without side talking to me. Simple common sense. smiley

Sorry, I am happy that others are beginning to see through your ignorance, simple.

If I make 1 million naira every time someone points out your ignorance I will become a billionaire in any 3 days period.

Stick to issues you understand. It is not compulsory for you to post on threads you think you understand, sometimes you will benefit more by just reading what others have put down.

Something good has come out of your style though especially now that you are being exposed here and there for what you are - the insults and abuses are really coming down, seems you have realized that you cannot win arguments based on them. You are learning, well done.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by TayoD1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

Frankly, I think it is very disingenous of people to make this kind of comparison between Christianity and Islam. As you rightly pointed out previously, perhaps it is some of the followers that are not practicing each of the faith the way it was meant to be practiced. So in order to know what each faith stands for and how it handles opposition, we need to look at the founder and the early disciples of each.

I'm sure no one can accuse Jesus or any of His early disciples of promoting or practicing violence in any way, shape or form.  They were infact on the receiving end of violence but never struck back.  That is the model of Christianity.  Every thing else is an aberration.

Qustion is can same be said of Mohammed and his early Disciples? Absolutely not. Mohammed killed for the cause of his religion and his early disciples killed each other to succeed him. The Shia and Sunni sects of Islam are products of the armed conflict that arose immediately after Mohammed's death.

We know of Peter and Paul having conflicts and are aware of the conflict betwen Paul and Barnabbas. Did any of this lead to the shedding of blood? No.  But you can't say the same for the early Disciples of Islam. What more proof do you need that both faiths approach violence differently?
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by bawomolo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

Frankly, I think it is very disingenous of people to make this kind of comparison between Christianity and Islam. As you rightly pointed out previously, perhaps it is some of the followers that are not practicing each of the faith the way it was meant to be practiced. So in order to know what each faith stands for and how it handles opposition, we need to look at the founder and the early disciples of each.

I'm sure no one can accuse Jesus or any of His early disciples of promoting or practicing violence in any way, shape or form.  They were infact on the receiving end of violence but never struck back.  That is the model of Christianity.  Every thing else is an aberration.

Qustion is can same be said of Mohammed and his early Disciples? Absolutely not. Mohammed killed for the cause of his religion and his early disciples killed each other to succeed him. The Shia and Sunni sects of Islam are products of the armed conflict that arose immediately after Mohammed's death.

We know of Peter and Paul having conflicts and are aware of the conflict betwen Paul and Barnabbas. Did any of this lead to the shedding of blood? No.  But you can't say the same for the early Disciples of Islam. What more proof do you need that both faiths approach violence differently?

is your argument that both religions became militarized at different times so one had a better approach?

what exactly separates the teutonic knights from the taliban.

Religion can be used for good and bad.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

Disingenious is you making unfair comparisms.

Jesus was God on earth. Mohammed never claimed to be God, only a prophet, and thus cannot be subjected to the same standard. For a fair comparism, pick another prophet of God like Elijah or Elisha, or does christianity not recognizer those as prophets of God?

Elisha killed children and Elijah killed the prophets of baal. Joshua and other judges led the Isrealites on several offensive military campaigns. Deborah drove a peg into a man's head. Are these people not recognized to have acted out the wishes of God by christians. Did Abraham not fight wars or is he not called the father of faith?

and before you give the OT vs NT excuse, I guess when peter took off the ear of the soldier trying to arrest jesus, no blood was spilled? undecided  (Have you ever wondered what he might have swung at that resulted in the loss of ear. I would wager he swung at the soldiers head and the guy ducked but not quickly enough).

Propensity to violence is a character trait not a religious ideal.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Binna. You are weird. Let me keep it simple.

1. I read the thread.

2. I made a point based on something I know and see - I am talking entirely about Islam.

3.YOu disputed, but later accepted.
You made a declaration, I questioned your authority on the issue. How is that a dispute of the statement made. Yet you have not proven thatyour statement that violence is a bed rock of Islam  i.e. foundations on which Islam was built. The bedrock of Islam are the 5 pillars of Islam. Please state which ones support your claims.

You posted in a thread and your post should be interpreted in the context of the thread. Don't try to cop out and want your post processed in isolation.

If by muhammed fighting wars, that you conclude that violence is the bedrock of Islam, then I can conclude that by Abraham, Moses and co fighting and/or killing others, that same violence is a bedrock of Christianity.

Equal measure should be applied to both religions.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2009
mikeansy:

If you do not put the sins of any individual on any religion, then do not defend those that do so. Else you are being hypocritical, and can be termed an accomplice after the act.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by TayoD1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
bawomolo:

is your argument that both religions became militarized at different times so one had a better approach?

what exactly separates the teutonic knights from the taliban.

Religion can be used for good and bad.
My point is that to praise or condemn the actions of the adherent of a religion, you will have to compare their actions with the founder of their faiths. Compare the actions of the teutonic knights to Jesus' and compare the actions of the Taliban to Mohammed's. While the former cannot claim they've followed the precepts of Jesus, the latter can claim the actions of Mohammed to justify theirs.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
ElRazur:

Dude it sucks when people keep missing the point. I was making a point and a point solely on Islam. A point which you denied, then came back to acknowledge as a correct one later. I never raised any point about Christianity. In case you are missing the point, I am repeating it again. My point is focused on Islam and that is precisely what am doing.
the diuscussion is about using equal measure for both religions. One sided statements will be interpreted in context.

Seeing that you are more or less trying to "attack the man" instead of the message at hand, it speaks a lot about you isn't?
At what point have I attacked the person. I only ask that you clarify your authority on the issue, so that I can decided on the appopriate response.

Islam do not promote violence, yet the Battle of Badr as recorded in the quran looks nothing more than violence to me.  Quran never preached violence yet Muhammed gave a mandate of "Kill any jews that falls into your power" Now as I understand it, the  Quran is the ultimate book of how muslims should live their life etc.  Yeah you are so right, it never preached violence.
This is why I asked for your knowledge of the issue you are discussing. There is a difference between the hadith and the Quran. The hadith is the word of Muhammed, while the Quran is believed to be the word of God. The reference to killing jews was in the hadith (unless you have a Quarnic verse).

The battle of Badr was politically motivated (like the taking of Canaan) and I dont see how its account means Islam preaches violence. It was not the first conflict between the two groups. The muslims took the defensive position and were outnumbered. So I dont see what you are driving at.

If you feel the narration of a battle preaches violence, then the bible also preaches violence.

In Ibn Ishaq 992, he killed children. Yet this in your eyes is not violence? In fact, here is what muhammed says "“Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah.  Do not be deceitful with the spoils; do not be treacherous, nor mutilate nor kill children"  Yeah what a peaceful loving son of a woman he is. Allahu akbar.
you shouldn't copy and paste without due diligence. The bolded does not support your conclusions.

Dude I can go on and on. But Next time, let us stick to the point at hand. Islam promotes violence and damn well preaches it. That is my point and you have already accepted that. What is your problem?
Then sticking to the topic, you wouldnt mind my saying that christianity promotes violence.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by TayoD1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2009
@biina,

Disingenious is you making unfair comparisms.
There is nothing unfair about the comparisons. To know the intent of the religion, look at its founder. Jesus and Mohammed therefore become the subject.

Jesus was God on earth. Mohammed never claimed to be God, only a prophet, and thus cannot be subjected to the same standard. For a fair comparism, pick another prophet of God like Elijah or Elisha, or does christianity not recognizer those as prophets of God?
Jesus may have been God on the inside, but He never lived like God on earth but like a human being. And besides, He assumed the office of a Prophet. The Bible calls Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.  He is our role model not the other people you mentioned. Mohammed on the other hand is the role model for moslems. Infact, in the confession fo their faith, Allah and Mohammed are used in the same sentence. So what is your point?

Elisha killed children and Elijah killed the prophets of baal. Joshua and other judges led the Isrealites on several offensive military campaigns. Deborah drove a peg into a man's head. Are these people not recognized to have acted out the wishes of God by christians. Did Abraham not fight wars or is he not called the father of faith?
If you can claim that one of these people is a Christian, then you win the argument. Over to you!

and before you give the OT vs NT excuse, I guess when peter took off the ear of the soldier trying to arrest jesus, no blood was spilled?   (Have you ever wondered what he might have swung at that resulted in the loss of ear. I would wager he swung at the soldiers head and the guy ducked but not quickly enough).
What you failed to realise is that Jesus rebuked him for the action which he never repeated when he became a Christian. This same Peter was crucified upside down and burnt at the stake. Who amongst Mohammed's followers did he rebuke for attacking another person? Didn't he promise that whoever kills an unbliever will never share hell with the unbeliever he kills?

Propensity to violence is a character trait not a religious ideal.
Everyone is prone to violence. The question is does the religion promote violence or not. The answer can be found by looking at the founders' examples. That's very fair, innit?
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

@biina,
There is nothing unfair about the comparisons. To know the intent of the religion, look at its founder. Jesus and Mohammed therefore become the subject.
Jesus did not found christianity. It was used to describe early believers after his death. Your equivalence would be the apostles.

Jesus may have been God on the inside, but He never lived like God on earth but like a human being. And besides, He assumed the office of a Prophet. The Bible calls Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.  He is our role model not the other people you mentioned. Mohammed on the other hand is the role model for moslems. Infact, in the confession fo their faith, Allah and Mohammed are used in the same sentence. So what is your point?
If you can claim that one of these people is a Christian, then you win the argument. Over to you!
What you failed to realise is that Jesus rebuked him for the action which he never repeated when he became a Christian. This same Peter was crucified upside down and burnt at the stake. Who amongst Mohammed's followers did he rebuke for attacking another person? Didn't he promise that whoever kills an unbliever will never share hell with the unbeliever he kills?[

Everyone is prone to violence. The question is does the religion promote violence or not. The answer can be found by looking at the founders' examples. That's very fair, innit?
So those actions referenced were not the actions of people of God or the words of moses were not the word of God?
If it makes you happy, the apostles broke out of jail, so Christianity supports prison break? undecided
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by TayoD1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

Jesus did not found christianity. It was used to describe early believers after his death. Your equivalence would be the apostles.
So those actions referenced were not the actions of people of God or the words of moses were not the word of God?
If it makes you happy, the apostles broke out of jail, so Christianity supports prison break? undecided
You are very funny. Jesus instructed the Disciples to go out and make Disciples of all nations.  Would there be Christianity if that instruction wasn't given? I don't think so. But if it makes you happy, we'll stick to the early Apostles.  How many of these were prone to violence like Mohammed? Again, the answer is none.

I never said that. Someone was here talking about Islam, and you took the liberty to draw comparisons btwn Christianity and Islam. I have only limited myself to the issue of Islam and Christianity which sems to be the center of your argument.

If it makes you happy, the apostles broke out of jail, so Christianity supports prison break?
If God breaks open the jail, I'll walk out.  Does my walking out of an open jail advocate violence? At this point, it is better to admit you were wrong rather than trying to look for issues that have no bearing to the discussion.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

I never said that. Someone was here talking about Islam, and you took the liberty to draw comparisons btwn Christianity and Islam. I have only limited myself to the issue of Islam and Christianity which sems to be the center of your argument.
I didnt say Christianity and Islam had the same values. Please read the thread.
Someone concluded from the statements of Khameni, that Islam was a blood thirsty and savage religion.
I made an analogy that since some christians pray for the death of their enemies that it makes christianity a blood thirsty and savage religion.
It was about applying the same logic to the two religions but some in trying to justify the earlier assertion were trying to find evidence of support of violence by Islam, and I only retorted in kind with evidence of God approved violence in the bible.

If God breaks open the jail, I'll walk out. Doesmy walking out of an open jail advocate violence? At this point, it is better to admit you were wrong rather than trying to look for issues that have no bearing to the discussion.
Your walking out of incaceration against the will of the judiciary of the nation, advocates breaking out of prison if the opportunity arises.

If you feel you can use the violent actions of muhammed to conclude that Islam supports violence, I can, by same logic, conclude that since Peter broke out of jail, Christianity supports jail breaks.

It is all relevant to the issue at hand, which is simply to use equal measure. Don't criticize Islam based on the logic that you would not want applied to christianity. People shouldnt dish out what they cannot accept.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by TayoD1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2009
@biina,

I didnt say Christianity and Islam had the same values. Please read the thread.
Someone concluded from the statements of Khameni, that Islam was a blood thirsty and savage religion.
I made an analogy that since some christians pray for the death of their enemies that it makes christianity a blood thirsty and savage religion.
It was about applying the same logic to the two religions but some in trying to justify the earlier assertion were trying to find evidence of support of violence by Islam, and I only retorted in kind with evidence of God approved violence in the bible.
Even the logic you applied isn't anyway comparable. Personally, I do not pray for God to kill anybody, but I do believe that God can do just that as He wills. And while I am not excusing the ignorant prayers of those Christians, never have I sen any church go ona mad rampage after their services destroying properties and killing people like we see in Islam. Maybe they believe that God will do it at His will while the Moslems believe they are God's agents to kill people. these are two diferent schools of thought.

Your walking out of incaceration against the will of the judiciary of the nation, advocates breaking out of prison if the opportunity arises.
Don't give yourself the liberty to add to what I have said. I never advocated for violence or breaking out of jail. Let's be honest in this discussion.

If you feel you can use the violent actions of muhammed to conclude that Islam supports violence, I can, by same logic, conclude that since Peter broke out of jail, Christianity supports jail breaks.
Peter never brke out of jail And if you care to read and understand, he actually felt he was dreaming throught the whole episode. Whwere was the violence.

It is all relevant to the issue at hand, which is simply to use equal measure. Don't criticize Islam based on the logic that you would not want applied to christianity. People shouldnt dish out what they cannot accept.
You have not applied same logic here at all. I did not extrapolate violence into Mohammed's life. He practiced it. You are the one extrapolating here which is an evidence that you have lost the battle of logic.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by ElRazur: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2009
biina:

You made a declaration, I questioned your authority on the issue. How is that a dispute of the statement made. Yet you have not proven thatyour statement that violence is a bed rock of Islam  i.e. foundations on which Islam was built. The bedrock of Islam are the 5 pillars of Islam. Please state which ones support your claims.

Let me get this straight, you question my authority over a post I made based on what I read and what I have observed?  Ideally, you would only question someone's authority if they are presenting a statement as fact.
Knowing how sensitive debate about religion can be at time, I presented my view and later supported with text from the quran/writing from the quran. What more do you want?

The life of Muhammed forms the basis of what Islam is today, the text in the quran forms the basis of what Islam is. To focus on the five pillar of Islam is a bit short-sighted and missing the point. Besides, the basis of Islam and 5 pillars are two different things from where I stand. If the life and time of Muhammed/the text in the quran do not form the basis of Islam as we know it today, then I do not know what it is.

You posted in a thread and your post should be interpreted in the context of the thread. Don't try to cop out and want your post processed in isolation.

Strangely enough, the thread title have little or nothing to do with Islam and conduct of Islam, or Islam and violence. I guess you are trying to restrict what people can say, or cannot say since you are running out of steam now right? First you "attacked the man" and now you seem to be telling me what I should or should not post in a thread.
May be you should stick to your own logic and realise that my post all along have been specifically about Islam, but hey! keep moving the goal post.

If by muhammed fighting wars, that you conclude that violence is the bedrock of Islam, then I can conclude that by Abraham, Moses and co fighting and/or killing others, that same violence is a bedrock of Christianity.

Equal measure should be applied to both religions.

[b]My focus is on Islam. My point was on Islam. All I have said so far surrounds Islam. [/b]That is my point, that is my focus and that is what I am still talking about.

You have accepted my point [refer back to your reply]. What exactly is your problem?

If I have compared Islam with Christianity, then your point would stand. But I haven't, I posted on Islam alone. This is something that appears you just do not get.
Re: Khomeni Calls Britain The Most Evil Foreign Power - Foreign Office Upset by biina: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tayo-D:

@biina,
Even the logic you applied isn't anyway comparable. Personally, I do not pray for God to kill anybody, but I do believe that God can do just that as He wills. And while I am not excusing the ignorant prayers of those Christians, never have I sen any church go ona mad rampage after their services destroying properties and killing people like we see in Islam. Maybe they believe that God will do it at His will while the Moslems believe they are God's agents to kill people. these are two diferent schools of thought.
what is wrong with the logic? People of a particluar faith made a comment and it was generalized to the religion. Same was also applied in the second case. where is the disparity. Some muslims speak on behalf of Islam, while some christians cant be said to speak on behalf of christianity?

Don't give yourself the liberty to add to what I have said. I never advocated for violence or breaking out of jail. Let's be honest in this discussion.
Peter never brke out of jail And if you care to read and understand, he actually felt he was dreaming throught the whole episode. Whwere was the violence.
So was peter released by the legal system? He walked out of jail of his own will and was not released. I never said he broke out by force, but he did break out of prison. If you prefer the phrase that he escaped from prison, then suit yourself.

You have not applied same logic here at all. I did not extrapolate violence into Mohammed's life. He practiced it. You are the one extrapolating here which is an evidence that you have lost the battle of logic.
Where is the extrapolation. Muhammed fought wars and could be termed as acts of violence. Peter broke out of jail, and could be termed a criminal act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Obama Has Betrayed The Entire Black Race! / BREAKING: Three Rockets Fired At US Embassy In Baghdad / America Is Finnished.the Humiliating Moment Iran Arrested Us Sailors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.