Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM (29715 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Incantations On A Plane To Canada. Photos/video / Canadian Lawmaker In Nigeria To Invite Ooni Of Ife To Canada. Photos / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by francescainnoce(f): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ridiculous ...
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by okomogo(m): 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by crusufixo(m): 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lets be sincere with ourselves here, this woman just wants to use her predicament ( which can clearly be resolved In Nigeria ) to live abroad

Its people like this that give Nigeria a bad image ( in this case making the outside world believe that female circumcision is highly practiced in Nigeria )

But then, would you blame her !!!!
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by egedihenry: 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Tactics playing it's role here.........

No better reason could be accepted to grant her request than using the FGM thing.....

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by enygmababe: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
undecided undecided undecided

While Fgm is indeed a form of gender based violence which is prominent in the African culture, the dynamic nature of culture and movement against it has ensured that it is no longer a problem in Nigeria. In the main, it is now done only by women who are steeped in their ways and take their female children to do it as of course as well as traditional health workers who do not want to let go of the practice as it is a means of income generation.

If this claim was not bogus the woman should have mentioned the community and the father in law's name. Heck we even have several laws against it , the latest of which I think is the Violence against Persons Prohibition Act of 2015. Madam just used that story to seek asylum and get the canadian govt to take car of her triplets grin

Sometimes, white govts can be so gullible grin grin SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
Keneking:
Story ..visa things grin
lol one woman here in Germany came here to take refuge with her daughter cus of FGM grin but that stuff no good sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by flokii: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
what do they want to mutilate there sef...
when no be male genital.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by sirjomore(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
FGM is a terrible act. this woman tho... being a Nigerian, i can't bet her story is true. There are so many safe cities, towns and villages she cld have sought refuge without her fictional father-inlaw knowing but she has enough money to fly to canada??
what the monkey is happenin here?
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Missmossy(f): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
Chai undecided

In this 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by sinistermind(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Missmossy:
Chai undecided

In this 21st century.

Tell that to some villages in Anambra... cutting out the clittoris? Mehn!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Seventeen(f): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
This anty can lie oo grin
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by SAMBARRY: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
AreaFada2:

Culture is not static. It lives & evolves.

East or West, many ancient cultures have been dropped. Like burning witches on a stake in Europe.

Many parts of Africa have abandoned FGM. Most proponents of many old ways are dying out.

However, certain aspects of our culture are very much worth preserving. With some tweaks here & there.

Generalisation does not help.
like genital mutilation ,pedophililia and checking little girls virginity by putting your fingrs into her vagina? undecided

Ok o.ride on with your culture
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by 9jatatafo(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Madam don use style bend enter Cana
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by hollandis(f): 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
coolsix:
I dont understand.

A grown woman gave birth to a daughter.. First of all,

IS FGM LEGAL IN NIGERIA

why run away? How will your father in law subject your daughter to torture? And you are scared of him so you ran to a foreign land to claim "Refugee Status". What happened to the Police? You cannot Sue the father in law? Na by force? This is 2016 not 1858. There is a rule of law. He can sue and CAN BE SUED!

That father in law should be arrested and charged to court for molestation and child abuse.

Yes just like the way Buhari is respecting the court

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Siga: 11:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
....this woman arrange her story well...lol...how judge go deny her Permanent Residency when she made sure her story enter news....all these na formatting plz..
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
First FGM is no longer legal in Nigeria, if she can file for refugee status in Canada, am sure she could have read about FGM ban in Nigeria and sought protection for her daughter under the Law (if she's really that concerned about her daughter). Secondly, Canada too far na, Winnipeg for that matter, all the money she spent would have relocated her and her daughters down to Lagos successfully. Madam is a liar! She's willing to soil our image just so she and her family could relocate to Canada, what a selfish baitch.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by cococandy(f): 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
How do you guys know she's lying?
It may be illegal in Nigeria but the woman may be powerless to stop her in-laws from carrying out the practice on her daughters if they insist on it.
So instead of saying it's illegal and leaving it at that, let's join in sensitization about the issue so that those who still believe in it will have a rethink.

8 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by lanre56(m): 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:
How do you guys know she's lying?
It may be illegal in Nigeria but the woman my be powerless to stop her in-laws from carrying out the practice on her daughters if they insist on it.
So instead of saying it's illegal and leaving it at that, let's join in sensitization about the issue so that those who still believe in it will have a rethink.
true talk. you have a point

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by tpiah2: 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Raxxye:
So this barbaric practice still thrives in this age and time in this country?
I don't trust Nigerians sha. They can do and say anything just to help them secure a visa to the country of their choice.
My roomie back in school told me of a Nigerian woman in the UK who was about to be repartriated. She did not want any of that so she contracted him(through a friend my roomie knows) to design a website with the woman's name and picture, declaring her wanted back in her village in the South East for a certain crime she committed against the gods of the land. The website was used in court by her lawyer to plead her case and that was how the repartriation matter died.
I just hope this is not one of such spurious claims...tarnishing our country's image just to secure assylum!

lord have mercy, but she cant try that in some parts of the south south.

dem go just turn am true true.

its risky o!
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by mjbaba: 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
That woman just cooked up a story to get free stay in Canada. .rubbish
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Lollipop247(f): 11:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
It's really sad that some cultures still practice such barbaric custom in this 21st century. It's hard being a female, to now compound it with mutilation of the genitals all in d name of circumcision is really horrific. May God help us!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Viktor1983(m): 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
StOla:
I don’t know why white people are so foolish to the core.

So she ignored all other cities in her own country and other countries in Africa only to land in Canada on asylum claims?

Foolish white governments only end up admitting all sorts of potential troubles for their citizens to deal with in future.

Same way a Yoruba Nigerian who was set to be deported from the UK laid claim to requiring asylum because of boko haram. One would begin to wonder if it's not the same Nigeria that we are all resident in.
Are people not living in Southern Nigeria? Are UK nationals not working and residing in Nigeria?

No wonder fraudsters deliberately seek out white victims. Lots of money in their possession, with an ample display of foolishness.

As for me,I'm happy for her. I don't understand where you're coming from.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Raxxye(m): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
tpiah2:

lord have mercy, but she cant try that in some parts of the south south.

dem go just turn am true true.

its risky o!
You wouldn't know unless someone tells you even if the person is from your own village. You wouldn't know what claims she is making.
In the case I talked about, it was just my friend who designed the website, the middleman and the woman in question that knew what was going on. She just paid my guy for the , settled the middleman...and that was the end of the matter!
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by lastpage: 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
coolsix:
I dont understand.

A grown woman gave birth to a daughter.. First of all,

IS FGM LEGAL IN NIGERIA

why run away? How will your father in law subject your daughter to torture? And you are scared of him so you ran to a foreign land to claim "Refugee Status". What happened to the Police? You cannot Sue the father in law? Na by force? This is 2016 not 1858. There is a rule of law. He can sue and CAN BE SUED!

That father in law should be arrested and charged to court for molestation and child abuse.

Relax, this story was posted to fool those "white People" in Canada, in other to assist her to get Refugee Status over there!

If it is as bad as this, there will be no single woman/girl left in Nigeria as of today!

Even Dele Momodu that was claiming they wanted to kill him if he steps into Nigeria, so he can get Refugee status in Britain, is back here fighting davido and his baby Momma, at the airport! grin grin wink

Oyinbo don fall Maga! FGM is banned in Nigeria, by LAW!
undecided

Next now, it will be 10,000 PDP leaders flee to America for Asylum, to escape Dasuki mentioning their names in Arms Scandal! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by lumeneng22: 11:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
The females genital mutilatlation for Honda worst pass be careful o.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by desire21: 12:00am On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by tpiah2: 12:06am On Jan 14, 2016
Raxxye:

You wouldn't know unless someone tells you even if the person is from your own village. You wouldn't know what claims she is making.
In the case I talked about, it was just my friend who designed the website, the middleman and the woman in question that knew what was going on. She just paid my guy for the , settled the middleman...and that was the end of the matter!

you dont do such for fun in some parts, is what I'm saying.

e go turn true.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Socketbet: 12:12am On Jan 14, 2016
The man doesn't want our women to b having feelings for men
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by anyimontana(m): 12:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Jamean:
Female Genital Mutilation - the partial or total removal of the clitoris or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.

The clitoris being a very active stimulant for sexual interests in women is cut off in the bid that it will prevent them from promiscuity. She gets married and is never interested in sex because her module has been tampered with. In an attempt to encourage hubby's efforts she moans fake sounds of pleasure and can't wait for him to roll off..... lol @ roll off

Oh! Africa. So the men are left with the birth right of enjoying sex.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Damibiz(m): 12:59am On Jan 14, 2016
It is inhuman,we re in a civilized world for cryiny out loud
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 14, 2016
I bet you this's a story for the asylum seekers,many use this story over here just to be a refugee.

Anything for visa.
Re: Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM by xtervaganza(m): 1:27am On Jan 14, 2016
All what she said did not happen to her

Believe me, it's just her stunt to visa and it will defo work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead / Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) / Nigerian Names You Love So Much.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.