Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627596 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tohpahz(f): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
dontay:

A friend of mine has a diploma in community health, but she's thinking of going for paediatric nurse ATM. Do you think she has a shot if she starts this route with avant. Thanks

She cannot do pediatric nursing if she's not a nurse.. She's a community health worker , she has to do nursing first then do pediatric nursing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tohpahz(f): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
monchat:
Good morning House I am new to this forum, I need assistance. Pls is there any body working in
reddington hospital in VI. Pls I want to confirm if their nurses work 12hours shifts every day, how is really their work schedule for nurse and also if there is any branch they have in mainland in Lagos

I also learnt that reddington is one of the recognised hospital on the UK site for people that wants to travel to uk to work.
Pls I need advice on working in
reddington hospital. Thank you

I dunno about the first paragraph.

But as regards the second paragraph. It doesn't matter what hospital you work in. You can get a job in the uk as a nurse.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dontay(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
bns4eva:

A community health officer is not a nurse.. she need to go to school to study nursing first..

Or you mean she studied Community health nursing, also called public health nursing or community nursing?

She said its CHEW.
The Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
dontay:

She said its CHEW.
The Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)

Lol

Someone who is not a nurse can not do paediatric In nursing. She first go to nursing school, be RN before apply to avant..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dontay(m): 12:55am On Sep 16, 2021
bns4eva:

Lol

Someone who is not a nurse can not do paediatric In nursing. She first go to nursing school, be RN before apply to avant..

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Is it wise or waste of money to do both UK and US processing together since US process is slow and you don't want to stay in Nigeria one day after graduation but US is your main goal.
@barbiee vickyehi bns4eva soknown tolajay Hunnybee
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by monchat(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2021
tohpahz:

I dunno about the first paragraph.

But as regards the second paragraph. It doesn't matter what hospital you work in. You can get a job in the uk as a nurse.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
yunqdady:
Is it wise or waste of money to do both UK and US processing together since US process is slow and you don't want to stay in Nigeria one day after graduation but US is your main goal.
@barbiee vickyehi bns4eva soknown tolajay Hunnybee

US journey need patience and perseverance unlike uk which is faster, you can migrate to uk and settle down and start us process.. doing both processing together shows the person doesn't know what he's doing.. nclex is a tough task which you don't want to write more than one time. US really worth the wait if you can wait, the america dream is real..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
Orofun1:
That's the agency my wife is using

Hello sir.

How far along has your wife gone with Adevia?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ModelLook(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
How long can a newly qualified RN without work experience wait before starting the UK Application Process?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello Guys,

Does anyone has a more direct contact or info on how to get a job faster.

Seems TracJob is quite a long process.

Most of the applications have not been responded to or just unsuccessful.

Would appreciate your responses.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pearlyfaze: 12:37am On Sep 21, 2021
[ kissquote author=tolajay post=106016999]Hello Guys,

Would appreciate your responses. [/quote]

This the little trick I used for my wife's application and it worked. I search the hospital or Carehome she is interested in, get their HR or managers email address through their website. Then send a sweet cold email to them with Personal Supporting information, cv, IELTS, CBT and screen shots of NMC portal.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2021
Thanks for this.

Pearlyfaze:
[ kissquote author=tolajay post=106016999]Hello Guys,

Would appreciate your responses.

This the little trick I used for my wife's application and it worked. I search the hospital or Carehome she is interested in, get their HR or managers email address through their website. Then send a sweet cold email to them with Personal Supporting information, cv, IELTS, CBT and screen shots of NMC portal.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by aieo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
Good day everyone,
please I need clarification as I don't want to be misled.
Is it possible to migrate to the United States �� with only cfgns and ielts and then work as a health assistant prior to when you pass your nclex to become an RN ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 6:16am On Sep 24, 2021
Yes, it is possible. CGFNS exam and IELTS will be used to issue visascreen certificate which is needed for the immigration purpose, then on getting to the USA, you can sit for your NCLEX, pass and become USRN cool cheesy. That is what most agency are doing now for Nigerian nurses that already signed their contract because its difficult for them to secure visa to travel to write the NCLEX. Because of this difficulty in securing visa, some of them are not even taking nigerian nurses without NCLEX.
aieo:
Good day everyone,
please I need clarification as I don't want to be misled.
Is it possible to migrate to the United States �� with only cfgns and ielts and then work as a health assistant prior to when you pass your nclex to become an RN ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2021
Juddy2018:
Please my friends, brothers and sisters, of a truth, as of last year, all nursing programs from Cameron are not accepted in any US board of Nursing. Please let us be guided and I think this platform is to help and guide one another. And Nursing profession as I know though I'm not a nurse can't be gotten in 1 year. Thank you.

Stop spreading fake information. Do your research properly .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2021
Is it true that US embassy have started conducting interviews for visa??
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rickky01(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
The embassy have always been doing interviews though with limited capacity.

Compu001:
Is it true that US embassy have started conducting interviews for visa??
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chuksozy: 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chuksozy: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
bivoprad:
Yes, it is possible. CGFNS exam and IELTS will be used to issue visascreen certificate which is needed for the immigration purpose, then on getting to the USA, you can sit for your NCLEX, pass and become USRN cool cheesy. That is what most agency are doing now for Nigerian nurses that already signed their contract because its difficult for them to secure visa to travel to write the NCLEX. Because of this difficulty in securing visa, some of them are not even taking nigerian nurses without NCLEX.
Thanks for this expo. Any agencies in mind?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
From my personal experience- Westway, O'Grady, avant are not taking nigerian nurses without Nclex
Shearwaters do not take nurses without BNSC. I suggest applying to those agencies tho and get their response because they treat individual case differently
If you have your NCLEX, i really recommendconnecticsUSA.
chuksozy:

Thanks for this expo. Any agencies in mind?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by macjireh: 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Pls who has written d new CBT.. I need clarification
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chuksozy: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2021
bivoprad:
From my personal experience- Westway, O'Grady, avant are not taking nigerian nurses without Nclex
Shearwaters do not take nurses without BNSC. I suggest applying to those agencies tho and get their response because they treat individual case differently
Thanks. Seems Shearwater would be a good option.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Reddie: 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
bivoprad:

I learnt they do direct hire. Do you know anyone that has been successful with them ? I mean connecticsUSA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by monchat(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hello house does most hospitals in Lagos have lodge for nurses to sleep over? I learnt that reddington hospital in Lagos have one for their nurses.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Masterito(m): 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please my cousin has RN and RM qualifications via school of Nursing, please which agency will be her best bet? I will appreciate any recommendation, advice or direction. Thanks.
chuksozy:

Thanks. Seems Shearwater would be a good option.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Floxyyy:

Please can I dm
Yes, please. I'm sorry I'm just replying..been unavailable.
Cc Dennis
Reddie
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Floxyyy:

Please can I dm
Yes, please. I'm sorry I'm just replying..been unavailable. I hope it's not too late now.
Cc Dennis201
Reddie

For anyone interested, please drop a dm.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
I will reply with the person's number. You guys can take it from there.
I paid 25k and I paid someone else in Abuja #5k for submission.
And if you have a better deal, please inform me
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Dammoj: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pls check your email sis
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yunqdady: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by GirlieforJesus: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
I wrote recently, what do u need to clarify?
macjireh:
Pls who has written d new CBT.. I need clarification

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.