Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (629228 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by slinkyibk(f): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2018
[Congratulations Gracefav on acing your cbt, pls i nred some information from you.

Congratulations Inkredible, would love to have your contact, I was found eligible to sit for cbt by NMC though under evidence two, which states that you must have undergone a pre-registration training, taught in English & currently practicing in hospital where English is spoken 75% of the time. I just passed my CBT exam but along the line decided to write ielts because there is a probability that NMC may not be satisfied with the evidence two when presented.
I wrote ielts academic and got L8, S7, W7, R6.5, so I registered for ielts ukvi and need someone (friend) whom i can share my experience with and who will be able to advice me based on experience.
Most of female colleagues that have been through this journey are so protective of their experiences including the mistakes or the challenges they faced & how they overcame. Please help a colleague [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please, can I write CFGNS qualifying exam without applying to any board of nursing?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please can someone help clarify my doubts. I have just paid for CGFNS evaluation report and I'm not sure of the secondary school part of sending out transcript. I took my NECO exam as an external candidate and never attended lectures in the school for one day. Please how do i go about it for someone who have done this process ??

Will very much appreciate all contributions
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Chiomajesus77:
Please can someone help clarify my doubts. I have just paid for CGFNS evaluation report and I'm not sure of the secondary school part of sending out transcript. I took my NECO exam as an external candidate and never attended lectures in the school for one day. Please how do i go about it for someone who have done this process ??

Will very much appreciate all contributions

For CES report I did, secondary school transcript was waived
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2018
vickyehi:

For CES report I did, secondary school transcript was waived

Please when did you do the CES report ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by hartson(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
dokxavi:
Great nurses! Beautiful thread here.

I have a question I have been itching to ask and I pray I can get the answer here. Thank you. Question is does IQAS ECA agency assess the RN,RM diploma obtained in Nigeria as comparable to a Canadian diploma?
hi,I doubt but you can as well find out https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mom2015: 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
verachizy:

send ur email and I will send the link u will download the files from it. Note the files are large so have enough MB

Hi @verachizy, I’m also interested my email is ade22_hassan@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EvePre: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2018
nervorum:
Colleagues,

I'm an NCLEX holder with a Colorado board license sponsored by AVANTS..Just received news my I-140 was denied and i really feel frustrated and unsure of my next steps. I'm thinking of putting in for CBT and forgetting the US thingy altogether (put in 18months to get here with avants). You guys think its a good idea.

Honestly im an emotional reck these days after hearing the news of my denial. I can't say im in the best mind frame to make a sound decision. PLEASE SOMEONE TALK TO ME!

Hie dear,
I am in the same stuation , ,what happened to your 1-140 ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
EvePre:

Hie dear,
I am in the same stuation ,but l am with OGP ,what happened to your 1-140 did you reapply,mine got denied last friday and we are reapplying. Please let me know how you handled it ,its frustrating but the problem lies with USCIS not us we will conquer,please email me coz a problem shared is a problem solved.

Sorry for the news of the denial. I pray it ends well for you. This denial is becoming rampant these days and has nothing to do with the agents per sé. It happens to everyone of them sponsoring Nurses. Avant, Ppusa,OGP etc.
Please if anyone has gone through this denial and later got approved, please kindly share your experience, as you will be helping a lot of colleague waiting in queue for refiling.
All the best this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
See what I found:

1. Position does not qualify for category

This is most common with cases filed in the EB-2 category. As a reminder, a position qualifies for EB-2 if it is one that requires a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree plus five years of progressive experience as a minimum for entry into the profession. A Master’s degree means a U.S. Master’s degree or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. Master’s degree. A Bachelor’s degree means a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree. Nothing less will qualify for EB-2.

The adjudicating officer must first determine whether the position as described on the labor certification qualifies for the EB-2 category. This is where the drafting of the labor certification can make or break an EB-2 case. If a labor certification application states that a position requires a Bachelor’s degree and that the employer will accept a three-year bachelor’s degree to meet this requirement, the position described on the labor certification is not an EB-2 position. The employer will accept something less than a U.S. bachelor’s degree, which is a four-year degree. The case would be denied on the grounds that minimum requirements for the position are less than a bachelor’s degree and “do not support 2nd preference classification.” The exact wording of the minimum requirements of the position should be carefully considered prior to beginning the labor certification in order to ensure that the position will qualify for the intended category at the I-140 stage.

2. The Beneficiary does not qualify the position

The adjudicating officer must determine whether the sponsored employee meets the minimum requirements stated on the labor certification. If the position the worker is being sponsored for requires experience, the worker must document that he or she met that experience requirement as of the priority date (i.e. the date the labor certification was filed). This is usually done by submitting experience letters from former employers. Sometimes, USCIS may deny on the grounds that there is not sufficient documentation to establish that the experience requirement has been met, such as where an experience letter could not be provided or is not detailed enough. Or, USCIS may deny on the grounds that the experience was gained with the sponsoring employerin a substantially similar position and therefore cannot be counted to meet the experience requirement.

The adjudicating officer will also look at the education requirement for the position as described on the labor certification to decide whether the sponsored worker qualifies for the position. The sponsored worker must have the right degree and in the right field of study. If the field of study is not exactly matching what was stated on the labor certification (for example the worker has an MBA but the labor certification requires a Masters in Computer Science), the I-140 could be denied unless an argument can be made that the worker’s field of study is closely related to the requirement. Also, the length of the degree programs will be looked at. A Master’s degree usually means that the worker must have six years of study. A Bachelor’s degree usually means that the worker must have four years of study. A three-year bachelor’s degree can often cause a denial if not handled carefully during the planning phase.

3. Ability to Pay

Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations, at part 204.5(g)(2) states:

Any petition filed by or for an employment-based immigrant which requires an offer of employment must be accompanied by evidence that the prospective United States employer has the ability to pay the proffered wage. The petitioner must demonstrate this ability at the time the priority date is established and continuing until the beneficiary obtains lawful permanent residence. Evidence of this ability shall be either in the form of copies of annual reports, federal tax returns, or audited financial

The following information and documents are typically reviewed by the adjudicating officer: priority date, proffered wage, company tax return and employee W-2 for each year plus the employee’s most recent pay statement showing the year-to-date pay received. If the salary that has been paid to the sponsored worker is less than the proffered wage stated on the labor certification, a Request for Evidence is usually issued and can lead to a denial if the company’s net income is not sufficient. The best way to avoid a denial on this issue is to ensure that the salary being paid meets or exceeds the proffered wage on the labor certification starting from the day the labor certification is filed.

Hopefully these points will help you be on the lookout for pitfalls in your own process so that you can avoid a denial at this stage.

http://immigrationgirl.com/the-three-most-common-reasons-for-i-140-denial/
And
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/options-i-140-visa-petition-denied.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by merit1988(f): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2018
Without nursing experience or qualifications, can I register in a nursing school there?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Feyifola: 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
I am a registered nurse/midwife can i send transcript to board of cgfns here in nigeria or its done when you are in usa already.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:26am On Feb 01, 2018
Feyifola:
I am a registered nurse/midwife can i send transcript to board of cgfns here in nigeria or its done when you are in usa already.
you can send your transcript to Cgfns from Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:27am On Feb 01, 2018
merit1988:
Without nursing experience or qualifications, can I register in a nursing school there?
yes you can.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:30am On Feb 01, 2018
IYIMAN:
See what I found:

1. Position does not qualify for category

This is most common with cases filed in the EB-2 category. As a reminder, a position qualifies for EB-2 if it is one that requires a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree plus five years of progressive experience as a minimum for entry into the profession. A Master’s degree means a U.S. Master’s degree or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. Master’s degree. A Bachelor’s degree means a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree. Nothing less will qualify for EB-2.

The adjudicating officer must first determine whether the position as described on the labor certification qualifies for the EB-2 category. This is where the drafting of the labor certification can make or break an EB-2 case. If a labor certification application states that a position requires a Bachelor’s degree and that the employer will accept a three-year bachelor’s degree to meet this requirement, the position described on the labor certification is not an EB-2 position. The employer will accept something less than a U.S. bachelor’s degree, which is a four-year degree. The case would be denied on the grounds that minimum requirements for the position are less than a bachelor’s degree and “do not support 2nd preference classification.” The exact wording of the minimum requirements of the position should be carefully considered prior to beginning the labor certification in order to ensure that the position will qualify for the intended category at the I-140 stage.

2. The Beneficiary does not qualify the position

The adjudicating officer must determine whether the sponsored employee meets the minimum requirements stated on the labor certification. If the position the worker is being sponsored for requires experience, the worker must document that he or she met that experience requirement as of the priority date (i.e. the date the labor certification was filed). This is usually done by submitting experience letters from former employers. Sometimes, USCIS may deny on the grounds that there is not sufficient documentation to establish that the experience requirement has been met, such as where an experience letter could not be provided or is not detailed enough. Or, USCIS may deny on the grounds that the experience was gained with the sponsoring employerin a substantially similar position and therefore cannot be counted to meet the experience requirement.

The adjudicating officer will also look at the education requirement for the position as described on the labor certification to decide whether the sponsored worker qualifies for the position. The sponsored worker must have the right degree and in the right field of study. If the field of study is not exactly matching what was stated on the labor certification (for example the worker has an MBA but the labor certification requires a Masters in Computer Science), the I-140 could be denied unless an argument can be made that the worker’s field of study is closely related to the requirement. Also, the length of the degree programs will be looked at. A Master’s degree usually means that the worker must have six years of study. A Bachelor’s degree usually means that the worker must have four years of study. A three-year bachelor’s degree can often cause a denial if not handled carefully during the planning phase.

3. Ability to Pay

Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations, at part 204.5(g)(2) states:

Any petition filed by or for an employment-based immigrant which requires an offer of employment must be accompanied by evidence that the prospective United States employer has the ability to pay the proffered wage. The petitioner must demonstrate this ability at the time the priority date is established and continuing until the beneficiary obtains lawful permanent residence. Evidence of this ability shall be either in the form of copies of annual reports, federal tax returns, or audited financial

The following information and documents are typically reviewed by the adjudicating officer: priority date, proffered wage, company tax return and employee W-2 for each year plus the employee’s most recent pay statement showing the year-to-date pay received. If the salary that has been paid to the sponsored worker is less than the proffered wage stated on the labor certification, a Request for Evidence is usually issued and can lead to a denial if the company’s net income is not sufficient. The best way to avoid a denial on this issue is to ensure that the salary being paid meets or exceeds the proffered wage on the labor certification starting from the day the labor certification is filed.

Hopefully these points will help you be on the lookout for pitfalls in your own process so that you can avoid a denial at this stage.

http://immigrationgirl.com/the-three-most-common-reasons-for-i-140-denial/
And
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/options-i-140-visa-petition-denied.html
Very comprehensive information. Word on the street is that many applications are being denied due to trump administration.. I hope it's not as bad as its being potrayed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by merit1988(f): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
barbiee:
yes you can.
thanx a lot sis. How will I go abt it? I have my bsc in public administration
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
merit1988:
thanx a lot sis. How will I go abt it? I have my bsc in public administration
contact the school you want to apply to and ask for their requirements, if you meet up with those requirements then start an application. BSc nursing is 4 years in USA . I hope you have the funds to cover your expenses

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by merit1988(f): 5:36am On Feb 02, 2018
barbiee:
contact the school you want to apply to and ask for their requirements, if you meet up with those requirements then start an application. BSc nursing is 4 years in USA . I hope you have the funds to cover your expenses
funds cry I guess it will be on the high side
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2018
merit1988:
funds cry I guess it will be on the high side
yes it is, you can check online for estimates from different universities
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by deoludabest(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hello house, how do you go about submitting the fingerprint card? Also I could not register with IdentoGo. Anyone experiencing similar problem?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hello everyone, i must confess this thread has been informative. Kudos to all involved. However i ve some questions, my wife is a diploma RN/RM and is currently doing her BNSc at NOUN, in 2nd year. I want to know if her current license can be used to go for registration in countries like Australia, UK, US, IRELAND. If yes, then is it necessary to wait till she's through with BNSc or it's better to start now. I will also like to know how to go about that of Australia. Please someone should answer me
@auschris
@barbie
@Mamajaz
and everyone in the house, please i need your response. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
Inkredible:
Happy new year dearies,

So far so good. The UK hustle is looking up. Very soon, it will be a possibility.

All thanks to everyone here.

Gratefulme40, you've being a blessing. Thanks a lot , please ping me that side make we talk. I gist for you. wink

Saw your PM. You know how we connect na. I don’t have access to my PMs. Drop a message on the regular corner or leave another contact here. I will reach you.

Hope you are doing alright

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 11:45pm On Feb 02, 2018
gratefulme40:

Saw your PM. You know how we connect na. I don’t have access to my PMs. Drop a message on the regular corner or leave another contact here. I will reach you.

Hope you are doing alright

Thanks. Got it
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Gracefav:

Congratulations Inkredible, would love to have your contact, I was found eligible to sit for cbt by NMC though under evidence two, which states that you must have undergone a pre-registration training, taught in English & currently practicing in hospital where English is spoken 75% of the time. I just passed my CBT exam but along the line decided to write ielts because there is a probability that NMC may not be satisfied with the evidence two when presented.
I wrote ielts academic and got L8, S7, W7, R6.5, so I registered for ielts ukvi and need someone (friend) whom i can share my experience with and who will be able to advice me based on experience.
Most of female colleagues that have been through this journey are so protective of their experiences including the mistakes or the challenges they faced & how they overcame. Please help a colleague

Sorry for the late response. Pls drop ur WhatsApp contact so I can message you dear.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
Inkredible:

Sorry dear. I lost my phone in a Uber in London just hours after I messaged you that day.

Shoot me a mail at kingsley.respect@yahoo.com so I can send you my UK line.

congratulations Mr Incredible, you didn't share your success story.. we want to know how you did it.. registering for cbt, studying for the exam, the visa process, getting an employer etc.. congratulations once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
dematics:
Hello everyone, i must confess this thread has been informative. Kudos to all involved. However i ve some questions, my wife is a diploma RN/RM and is currently doing her BNSc at NOUN, in 2nd year. I want to know if her current license can be used to go for registration in countries like Australia, UK, US, IRELAND. If yes, then is it necessary to wait till she's through with BNSc or it's better to start now. I will also like to know how to go about that of Australia. Please someone should answer me
@auschris
@barbie
@Mamajaz
and everyone in the house, please i need your response. Thanks
she can start the process of registration for USA and UK, I'm not very sure about Ireland . As for Australia, its do-able but expensive however someone already broke down the process of gaining registration in the first few pages of this thread. i ll advice you to read from the beginning to find what you are looking for.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
Inkredible:

Sorry for the late response. Pls drop ur WhatsApp contact so I can message you dear.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2018
barbiee:
congratulations Mr Incredible, you didn't share your success story.. we want to know how you did it.. registering for cbt, studying for the exam, the visa process, getting an employer etc.. congratulations once again

Yes oo @barbiee supported, @Inkredible someone like me have been following ur trend, from ielts to cbt, & now London. U kept us in the dark, share ur success story dear let's rejoice with you and get more clues.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
congratulations Mr Incredible, you didn't share your success story.. we want to know how you did it.. registering for cbt, studying for the exam, the visa process, getting an employer etc.. congratulations once again [/quote]

Yes oo @barbiee supported, @Inkredible someone like me have been following your trend, from ielts to cbt & now London. U kept us in the dark, share your success story, let's rejoice with you and learn more
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
barbiee:

My dear, I'll do just that in a few hours. It was an oversight on my part.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.