Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (631390 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
Gracefav:

Thanks

You can now take ur number down dear.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2018
barbiee:
she can start the process of registration for USA and UK, I'm not very sure about Ireland . As for Australia, its do-able but expensive however someone already broke down the process of gaining registration in the first few pages of this thread. i ll advice you to read from the beginning to find what you are looking for.

@barbiee thanks a lot. Please if you have the study materials for ielts and nclex, please can you send to me. Here's my email - dematics2002@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:37am On Feb 04, 2018
dematics:

@barbiee thanks a lot. Please if you have the study materials for ielts and nclex, please can you send to me. Here's my email - dematics2002@gmail.com
Sent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 10:40am On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=barbiee post=64768528] Sent[/

Thanks a lot, I'm grateful.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 10:57am On Feb 04, 2018
Please can someone tell me how to effect official change of name after marriage. Cos it should be the first step before my wife applies for any registration.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2018
barbiee:
Sent

I received the materials for nclex. Please if you have for ielts, please send to me. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Zinny18: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2018
barbiee:
Sent

Barbee please can you to me. Pearlistalking@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Inkredible:

You can now take ur number down dear.

Done, thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2018
Thank you for sending me your resume. . In a further review of your application, we have noted that you do not have a BSN degree. We are now requiring that you obtain a BSN degree in order to have an interview with Shearwater Health. It must be a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree.

Note that if you obtain your BSN degree you will still have to be screened by one of our representatives. If you pass this screening you would then have a clinical interview and would have to pass that interview to be hired by Shearwater Health. We only hire nurses who are working in an acute-care setting with at least two years of experience in that setting.

I am very sorry that we cannot proceed with your application at this time

My wife received this message from Shearwater. Could it be that it's a new rule that one has to get BNSc before one can work in US as a nurse
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by melicent: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
Inkredible:

My dear, I'll do just that in a few hours. It was an oversight on my part.
it feels like yesterday when you start the process, congrats Inkredible, Pls share the process for those who might be interested thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2018
Hello guys. Pls i need advice on how to go about this express entry, i am currently on 395, but my wife is a registered nurse with a specialization and 2yrs experience , how can we get to canny thru her as a nurse
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by nonitilda: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hi, please am about to start my registration to cgfns. With the delay and all, is it possible to send my document without writing Ielts because of its 2 yrs duration so that while waiting for their reply, I can then prepare and write the Ielts.

Secondly I am a graduate nurse with RN,RM,RPN and RPHN. Does cgfns need these qualifications? Or I should just send my degree and RN registration

Thirdly, I have not really renewed my RN license, I just update it with all my additional qualifications which are all contained in the same licence card. Will council just send the qualifications I request for and leave the rest?
I have read the beginning of this thread, but somehow I am still a little confused.
Anybody with answers should please assist me. Thanks

Also anybody in Enugu going through this same process should please holla at me.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
The Journey so far.

After I passed my ieltsUKVI, I contacted the agency someone suggested here. Well they were keen to run with me thus prompting me to "do fast" and write the CBT.
Within that period, a lot happened. I got mobbed in Lagos twice. Phones, laptops gone. Well, let's just say I got feed up and relented in my pursuit.

Broke and having lost all my study materials, I was just not feeling it again. Thanks to gratefulme40 and a handful of friends that still encouraged me. Fast forward a month, I registered and passed my CBT.

It was not magic, I was just angry I can't come and use my "last card" to write exam and fail it. I studied my eyes out and it payed off. Na God grace sha.

I got a job offer before my CBT, so it was pretty damn fast and expensive journey till my visa came out.

Make no mistake, it ain't easy but not as hard as you'd think it is. All na "mind".

That's my story. Thanks to all who helped me out here. I can't be more grateful. I really appreciate all y'all.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
Things I payed for (rough work)

Ielts ukvi (#82350) Passed it on first trial. If not, you pay twice.

CBT (#75000) Passed it on first trial

Data (#10,000) I had some free WiFi at some point. Online reading and downloads.

Photocopies and scans ( lost count)

Tb test (#49950)

Police report (#10,00 express)

NMC credentials assessment fee (£140)

Transcript from my school (#30k. Express plus something's they said I owed them which is not true. You just have to pay)

NMC Nigeria (this one na useless people. I paid #17k for express but got it after like 6 weeks) very disappointing.

Miscellaneous (#100k +)

That's all I remember for now.

Hope this helps.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MhizzCency: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thank you very much Barbie , for taking ur time to post this, very few can do this.... God bless u indeed and please can I get ur phone number, I really need ur help, I am applying and I wanna talk to u directly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MhizzCency: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
@Inkredible pls can I get ur number as well? TT his is my email sexyblueninen@yahoo.com pls send it to my email I really need ur help... Tjanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MhizzCency: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
@Inkredible pls can I get ur number as well? TT his is my email sexyblueninen@yahoo.com pls send it to my email I really need ur help... #Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by nonitilda: 8:13am On Feb 09, 2018
MhizzCency:
Thank you very much Barbie , for taking ur time to post this, very few can do this.... God bless u indeed and please can I get ur phone number, I really need ur help, I am applying and I wanna talk to u directly

Barbie please I also need to talk to you directly. Help a sister, this is my email - luvnonny205@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by samnijazz: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
let her assess her credentials with IQAS and also write IELTS
DrDauda:
Hello guys. Pls i need advice on how to go about this express entry, i am currently on 395, but my wife is a registered nurse with a specialization and 2yrs experience , how can we get to canny thru her as a nurse
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by daffizo12(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
My wife wrote ielts, her result was 7,7,7,7.5 she is a registered nurse and midwife...any suggestions
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2018
Inkredible:
Things I payed for (rough work)

Data (#10,000) I had some free WiFi at some point. Online reading and downloads.

Tb test (#49950)

Transcript from my school (#30k. Express plus something's they said I owed them which is not true. You just have to pay)

NMC Nigeria (this one na useless people. I paid #17k for express but got it after like 6 weeks) very disappointing.

Miscellaneous (#100k +)

Hope this helps.
what about OSCE?
How did you prepare for it and what were the challenges you faced?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by slinkyibk(f): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Congratulations incredible, pls can i have your number too, this is my email slinkyibk@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation.¿/quote author=Inkredible post=64901825]Things I payed for (rough work)

Tb test (#49950)

Miscellaneous (#100k +)

Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by wondafl: 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
[qquote author=Inkredible post=64901825]Things I payed for (rough work)

Tb test (#49950)

Miscellaneous (#100k +)

Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Kudus and congratulations. Please can u give us an estimate of how long it took you from start to present. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
dematics:

Thank you for sending me your resume. . In a further review of your application, we have noted that you do not have a BSN degree. We are now requiring that you obtain a BSN degree[b][/b] in order to have an interview with Shearwater Health. It must be a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree.

Note that if you obtain your BSN degree you will still have to be screened by one of our representatives. If you pass this screening you would then have a clinical interview and would have to pass that interview to be hired by Shearwater Health. We only hire nurses who are working in an acute-care setting with at least two years of experience in that setting.

My wife received this message from Shearwater. Could it be that it's a new rule that one has to get BNSc before one can work in US as a nurse
BSc in nursing is not a requirement from cgfns, it's the agency that is requesting for it, Every recruiting Agency has its own requirement. for example, its working in a hospital with at least 100 beds for avant, if she doesn't meet up with shearwater's requirement then she can try other agencies or register with cgfns and write nclex on her own. There are so many nurses here that passed nclex without the help of agencies and they don't have a BSc degree.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
dematics:
Please can someone tell me how to effect official change of name after marriage. Cos it should be the first step before my wife applies for any registration.
change of name in license or international passport?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
nonitilda:
Hi, please am about to start my registration to cgfns. With the delay and all, is it possible to send my document without writing Ielts because of its 2 yrs duration so that while waiting for their reply, I can then prepare and write the Ielts.

Secondly I am a graduate nurse with RN,RM,RPN and RPHN. Does cgfns need these qualifications? Or I should just send my degree and RN registration

Thirdly, I have not really renewed my RN license, I just update it with all my additional qualifications which are all contained in the same licence card. Will council just send the qualifications I request for and leave the rest?
I have read the beginning of this thread, but somehow I am still a little confused.
Anybody with answers should please assist me. Thanks

Also anybody in Enugu going through this same process should please holla at me.

1. You can start with your credentials evaluation pending ielts if you are pursuing registration in a state that doesn't require it. If that is the case then it's better you wait until after your nclex, just when you want to apply for visascreen.

2. Just verify only ur RN, forget about the rest. They just want to know if you hold a valid registered nurse licence

3. If ur license is expired then renew it and apply for your license validation. If it's still current then apply right away.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
DrDauda:
you should post this question on the express entry thread to get replies from people plying that route
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
daffizo12:
My wife wrote ielts, her result was 7,7,7,7.5 she is a registered nurse and midwife...any suggestions
you should start by asking yourself why she wrote ielts in the first place, she should have a country in mind already. After you decide on the country then come back and ask this question. Ps: this is a good result that should not be wasted

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Inkredible:
The Journey so far.

After I passed my ieltsUKVI, I contacted the agency someone suggested here. Well they were keen to run with me thus prompting me to "do fast" and write the CBT.
Within that period, a lot happened. I got mobbed in Lagos twice. Phones, laptops gone. Well, let's just say I got feed up and relented in my pursuit.

Broke and having lost all my study materials, I was just not feeling it again. Thanks to gratefulme40 and a handful of friends that still encouraged me. Fast forward a month, I registered and passed my CBT.

It was not magic, I was just angry I can't come and use my "last card" to write exam and fail it. I studied my eyes out and it payed off. Na God grace sha.

I got a job offer before my CBT, so it was pretty damn fast and expensive journey till my visa came out.

Make no mistake, it ain't easy but not as hard as you'd think it is. All na "mind".

That's my story. Thanks to all who helped me out here. I can't be more grateful. I really appreciate all y'all.
finally, congrats

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
barbiee:
BSc in nursing is not a requirement from cgfns, it's the agency that is requesting for it, Every recruiting Agency has its own requirement. for example, its working in a hospital with at least 100 beds for avant, if she doesn't meet up with shearwater's requirement then she can try other agencies or register with cgfns and write nclex on her own. There are so many nurses here that passed nclex without the help of agencies and they don't have a BSc degree.

@barbie thanks for replying. It's clear to me now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dematics: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
barbiee:
change of name in license or international passport?

I ve done the change of name at court and the paper publication but her license is still bearing the old name and will expire by December. I guess to change the name on the license will be during renewal. Can i go ahead with cgfns registration with the old name on the license or wait till after renewal?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
dematics:

Thank you for sending me your resume. . In a further review of your application, we have noted that you do not have a BSN degree. We are now requiring that you obtain a BSN degree in order to have an interview with Shearwater Health. It must be a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree.

it has always been the standard of shearwaters to recruit only graduate nurses. Thats why you hardly see their nurses especially in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.