Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,160 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors (652 Views)

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? / Kogi Poll: Wada Meets Buhari, Seeks Level Playing Field / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by bombay: 1:51am On Jun 20, 2009
Ghana Getting Scared grin
President of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills yesterday assured President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua that his country would provide and maintain a level playing field for all Nigerian investors in Ghana.
Mills gave the assurance in response to President Yar’Adua’s opening remarks during bilateral talks between the two leaders at State House .
“I want to assure Nigerian investors that we will maintain a level playing field for them in Ghana, because they have contributed to the growth of our economy through the provision of jobs and opened up the country,”,he stated.
The Ghanaian President said Nigeria and Ghana had the same objectives, purposes and goals of developing the continent through the resources available to the two nations, especially considering the leadership roles which the two nations occupied in the continent.
He said President Yar’Adua’s role and support contributed immensely in cooling down tempers during the Ghanaian elections, adding that, “I will always remember that when we had challenges, you came to
our aid.”
Earlier, President Yar’Adua said Ghana and Nigeria had leadership responsibilities, which needed to be discharged for the overall benefit of their peoples and the African continent.
“We will do all possible to ensure that the excellent relations between us are enhanced, for the benefit of our people and the continent”, he stated, adding that, “our national positions in multilateral organisations to which we belong remain the same, reinforcing the long history of cooperation we have shared”.
President Atta Mills will remain in Nigeria till Monday, when he will attend the Summit of the Authority of ECOWAS Heads of State and Government
Re: Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by blackspade(m): 2:02am On Jun 20, 2009
I doubt it has anything to do with fear, what country in the world doesn't want investors? Mark my words, Ghana is going to have an economic BOOM in the next few years.

It's economy grew 7.3% last year, after the recession it's expected to grow almost double that.
Re: Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by bombay: 2:04am On Jun 20, 2009
why are you in the usa please kindly move to ghana if you think there economy is so so good.
Re: Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by blackspade(m): 2:11am On Jun 20, 2009
Why u dey vex? Tell me where I lied? If you're tyring to create a parallel between Nigeria's and Ghana's economy, Ghana's is MUCH better.

In Nigeria, our economy largely depends on the price of one commodity: oil (90%). While Ghana's economy is still around 50% dependent on agriculture, it's still many times more stable than Nigeria's.

This year alone, how many times did Nigeria have to revise it's national budget due to tanking oil prices?

Read this: http://allafrica.com/stories/200906190622.html
Re: Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by bombay: 2:21am On Jun 20, 2009
Please i find it very offensive when people compare nigeria to ghana it is rediculous and absurd.
The population of ghana is very small,the country very small and you keep comparing ghana to nigeria let me ask is it fair.
Re: Atta Mills Promises Level Playing Field For Nigerian Investors by blackspade(m): 3:09am On Jun 20, 2009
Hmmmm, it's not like I was comparing their gross domestic products, my comparison is entirely valid. It's a fact that Nigeria's economy is ENTIRELY dependent on the price of one commodity.

So instead of whining and crying about it, accept the facts or provide a logical counterargument.

(1) (Reply)

State Of Our Highway Infrastructure- A Sorry Site / Monkey Urinates On Zambian President (lol) / Abuja is one of the World's Most Expensive Cities 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.