Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice (14522 Views)

My Girlfriend's Attitude Is Giving Me Head Ache. / She Does This To Me Constantly And I'm Fed Up. Please Help. / Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Slimmybody: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Okay, I will go straight to the point.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 3 years now but I feel like opting out of the relationship.

Any time we have misunderstanding or issues, she goes days keeping malice. Even when she is at fault, she just says "sorry" and thereafter turn the whole thing to an emotional blackmail.

Many a times I tried to settle whatever issue we had (without off course loosing my self respect), but my peaceful moves often seem like I am adding petrol to fire.

I will go days trying to make her understand the effect such action is having on our relationship, but that doesn't move her. I am someone that can't go a day keeping grudges.

I have talked to her several times on this attitude of hers whenever she is in good mood, she kept saying she would adjust, but then it's the same.

Although we are preparing to have our traditional marriage soon, I feel like taking a walk out of the relationship, because the whole thing as simple as it sounds, is freaking me out. This is my first love and I have never cheated on her because I believe that rather than cheat, take a walk.

Please, I need your sincere advice.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by donholy28(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
take a walk

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Came: 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
If you are to die at the age of 100, and you marry at the age of 30, your remaining 70 years would be spent with your better half , until you opt for a divorce ...... So,be careful!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Slimmybody: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Came:
If you are to die at the age of 100, and you marry at the age of 30, your remaining 70 years would be spent with your better half , until you opt for a divorce ...... So,be careful!!!!!

Hmmm, words of wisdom. Thanks
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
The truth is, we can't actually make the decision for you. The decision to or to not be with her, rests solely on you.

Do you think you can spend the rest of your life with a woman who acts in such manner? Can you tolerate such attitude? Do you think your love is strong enough to bear it all, with the hope that she might change eventually, just like she promised? If you do, then you shouldn't walk away.

But if you don't think you can tolerate her attitude anymore, then by all means, walk away.

But I'd advice you talk to her one last time. Tell her you won't marry her if she repeats such attitude one more time. If she tries it again, you would leave her for good.
Try her and see if she would change. If she doesn't and you can't really see any evidence that she has changed, then you can go ahead and break up with her.

I am never an advocate for two people who are in love and who have come a long way, and who already have a planned future to just break up. Especially bearing in mind that you have dated for three years good years. That's a long time, bro.

Anyways, I hope you make the right decision.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by kossyablaze(m): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Singing....I can't believe that I'm a fool again.I tot this love would never end......
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by danduchi(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Exactly same with my girlfriend.. We are also 3yrs together and I manage to change her compare to before. My friend ignore those dudes up.. -I guess u love her so much and she does. 3yrs relationship with no infidelity no be joke. Don't compromise, exercise patient and change her. You will definitely enjoy ur marriage

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by octopusfreaky(f): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
lol,,,guyz for once overlook some of dose childish character displayed by girls

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by fulfillbill(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
hehehe d relationship important to you pass her...why is it that she don't care?

Because you care on your behalf and also on her behalf...it kills the attraction, so they say.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Op. I think u guyz av come a long way and as such dumping her wont b d next thing to do. So far i guess u av understood her and dats d only thong left for her to change. I guess it demands patience. If however u cant stand it anymore then its up to u.

Patience is d key in dealing wth issues like this i must say
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by hottest111: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Decker:
The truth is, we can't actually make the decision for you. The decision to or to not be with her, rests solely on you.

Do you think you can spend the rest of your life with a woman who acts in such manner? Can you tolerate such attitude? Do you think your love is strong enough to bear it all, with the hope that she might change eventually, just like she promised? If you do, then you shouldn't walk away.

But if you don't think you can tolerate her attitude anymore, then by all means, walk away.

But I'd advice you talk to her one last time. Tell her you won't marry her if she repeats such attitude one more time. If she tries it again, you would leave her for good.
Try her and see if she would change. If she doesn't and you can really see it that she has changed for real, then go on to marry her.

I am never an advocate for two people who are in love and who have come a long way, and who already have a planned future to just break up. Especially bearing in mind that you have dated for 3 years good years. That's a long time, bro.

Anyway, I wish you make the right decision.
Op, take dis guy advice
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Slimmybody: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks for the pieces of advice so far.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by IamLEGEND1: 8:18am On Jan 15, 2016
dump am.
#NoTime
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by emmyset(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2016
My guy the enemy u knw is better than d one u hv nt even met.... If u leave her na who u wan go date and wat do u think the nxt girl will do to u? Be wise 3years no be play o
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by misspicy(f): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2016
kossyablaze:
Singing....I can't believe that I'm a fool again.I tot this love would never end......
How was I to know,you never told me tonguetongue
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by misspicy(f): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
dump am.
#NoTime
shocked
isokay
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by CaroLyner(f): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2016
Decker:

Try her and see if she would change. If she doesn't and you can't really see any evidence that she has changed, then you can go ahead and break up with her.

I am never an advocate for two people who are in love and who have come a long way, and who already have a planned future
you're right.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2016
Before you move on, you need to put some
elbow grease into this relationship. Three
years is not an insignificant amount of time,
.Talk to her. Ask her what's going on.After you figure out what's bugging her, then offer ways to help her and support her. If she thinks there's nothing wrong, or if you cannot communicate well with her, or if she refuses to open up to you, then you can start laying out your needs and outlining ways in which her behavior needs to change for you to stay in the relationship.
You say either she changes her attitude or you're leaving her

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Profnedu(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2016
My broda. Am experiencing d same problem wit u bt i wil advice u to talk to ha and then to také a protem walk from d relationship dat wil make ha come bak to ha senses
She's jst taking advantage of ur phlegmatic nature
And D most annoyin tin is dat wen ever she wrongs u she wil jst say sorry bt if u wrong ha it wil také heaven and earth for ha to forgive u
So broda. In as much am datin my gf for nw, i wil surely not marry ha because she can make u hav problems wit ur ppl

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by IamLEGEND1: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2016
misspicy:
shocked
isokay
spices mi!
U no hear the guy ? he's fed up,he said.
so wetin remain na to end the thing .
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by misspicy(f): 10:13am On Jan 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
spices mi!
U no hear the guy ? he's fed up,he said.
so wetin remain na to end the thing .

baba Dankano
its not up too,lol cheesy
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by bqlekan(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
If you are finding it difficult putting up with this attitude of hers now, it won't be easy after marriage. If you walk out now, you never know the kinda lady coming your way next, might be a devil in sheep's clothing.

My advice, be patient, talk to her about the attitude more often especially when you both are in happy mood.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
until you are done thinking then you can do ya thing. Marriage is no joke 3yrs or 6yrs of dating aint sht compared to life time of marriage meeeehn unless divorce is cool with you. Pray nigga pray and fast for the lord to decide for you.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by ashjay001(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2016
Guy, my 10kobo- get out! Speaking from personal experience. The effect of any break-up now can't be compared when kids are involved. Things aint going to change n u already sound tired of it, even when d luv is still fresh abi? Imagine when tins are stale n som1 is forming don??!
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by MoyoGENERAL: 11:06am On Jan 15, 2016
grudges, silent treatment and malice are silent killers of friendship talkless of relationship. i for one detest it. Its like a burning fire within!!!!

3 years too nor be beans, you guys have been together for a while with some level of intimacy to have decided to tie the knot, The best thing is to suspend the traditional wedding plan, call her for a more serious discussion as regards her behaviour, advice her on the issue of "OPENESS, SAYING IT ALL WHEN IT HURTS YOU. DONT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT" Reiterate it to her how it is critical for a peaceful co-existence of both of you, then watch her for a while!! if you observe any changes you can carry on. If not, just walk away. Brother, A Relationship where one or both person hold GRUDGES is Weary, If in marriage, it is CATASTROPHIC!!!
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by warripekin(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2016
quiinnBee:
Before you move on, you need to put some
elbow grease into this relationship. Three
years is not an insignificant amount of time,
.Talk to her. Ask her what's going on.After you figure out what's bugging her, then offer ways to help her and support her. If she thinks there's nothing wrong, or if you cannot communicate well with her, or if she refuses to open up to you, then you can start laying out your needs and outlining ways in which her behavior needs to change for you to stay in the relationship.
You say either she changes her attitude or you're leaving her
E be like say u get same attitude with d girl in question. If not how u take know wetin op go do?I dey suspect u
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by cruzita(f): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2016
op u guys have come far to just quit like dat .have a heart to heart talk ,tell her how her character is affecting the relationship and outline solutions to it
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by CertifiedFreak(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Dude, you'd only have a shot at this. Give her a dose of her own pill and see how well she takes it. Either remain in perpetual misery cos she's ur love, first and all or value ur sanity and drop her.
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Mhizizzy(f): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Don't leave d relationship abeg

All babes get deir own wahala

Just sit her down and talk to her

You are her man...she has to listen
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by OCTAVO: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
If she doesn't change, dump her!
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by Adonis3: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
OP let me tell you something, it's completely normal to have issues in your relationship. But one thing you must understand is that relationship aint a one-way traffic, you both must be ready to make it work.

If she aint putting effort, then I'm sorry you can't hold on to her. You know why, it shows she doesn't really care for you and there's every tendency to CHEAT!

Use your brain dude!

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: I Think I'm Fed Up With My Girlfriend's Attitude, Please Advice by KimBerlyie: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
octopusfreaky:
lol,,,guyz for once overlook some of dose childish character displayed by girls

As in ehn, wat if they re married already, that means he will file for a divorce? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pubic Wig Is A New Trend / Why Do Broke Men Always Get Triggered By This? / Something Really Crazy Happened To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.