Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,892 members, 7,852,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls (875 Views)

Princess Pako Talks About Chibok Girls On Twitter, Reveals What She Found Out / Ezekwesili Digs APC's Tweet About Chibok Girls In 2014 / Wife Of Boko Haram Commander Makes Shocking Revelation About Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2016

“I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every
day with the Chibok girls on my mind.

“The unfortunate incident happened before this
government came into being.

“What have we done since we assumed office? We
re-organized the military, removed all the service
chiefs and ordered the succeeding service chiefs
to deal decisively with the Boko Haram
insurgency.

“In spite of the terrible economic condition we
found ourselves in, we tried to get some resources
to give to the military to reorganize and equip,
retrain, deploy more troops and move more
forcefully against Boko Haram.

“And you all know the progress we have made.
When we came in Boko Haram was in Adamawa,
Yobe and Borno. Boko Haram has now been
reduced to areas around Lake Chad.

“Securing the Chibok girls is my responsibility.
The service chiefs and heads of our security
agencies will tell you that in spite of the dire
financial straits that we found the country in, I
continue to do my best to support their efforts in
that regard.

“This is a Nigeria where we were exporting
average of two million barrels per day at over 140
dollars per barrel. Now it is down to about 27 to
30 dollars.

“You have been reading in the press how they
took public funds, our funds, your funds and
shared it, instead of buying weapons. That was
the kind of leadership I succeeded. That was the
kind of economy I inherited.

“God knows I have done my best and I will
continue to do my best,” Mr. Buhari said.

The president was accompanied by the Minister
of Defence, Mansur Mohammed Dan Ali, Minister
of Women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Alhassan, Chief of
Defence Staff, Gen Gabriel Olonisakin, Chief of
Army Staff, Lt.-Gen Tukur Buratai and the
National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen Babagana
Monguno (rtd).

In his remarks, the Chief of Defence staff told the
meeting that in the last three months the military
has liberated more than 3000 people kidnapped
by Boko Haram in the North eastern part of the
country.

He said the military had the ability to rescue the Chibok girls, but added that “intelligence is delicate and we don’t want to do anything to jeopardize the lives of the girls”.

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
"I will end boko haram in 3months" - Gen Mo' Buhari

Hehehehe I laugh

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
now that's my president. That's how a leader should talk.
not "terrorism is everywhere in the world, maybe is our turn" -gej

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Kyase(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ioannes:
now that's my president. That's how a leader should talk.

not "terrorism is everywhere in the world, maybe is our turn" -gej
Lol that guy na real drunkard e be

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kyase:
Lol that guy na real drunkard e be
abi. with the yeye bowler hat.
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
"I will end boko haram in 3months" - Gen Mo' Buhari

Hehehehe I laugh

Atleast they are incapacitated in 3 month.
Last administration could not in 6 years.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

Atleast they are incapacitated in 3 month.
Last administration could not in 6 years.
Grammar!!! Eyes go soon clear you
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Grammar!!! Eyes go soon clear you

It seems you don't want anything good to happen in Nigeria as far as its from Buhari

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

It seems you don't want anything good to happen in Nigeria as far as its from Buhari
Bros, I'm a Nigerian I want the best for my country. I don't have the 'pull them down' mentality. I'm only concerned with how this present government deceived us to believing they can offer Nigeria. But here we are, things becoming worse. Fake promises everywhere. It's a shame. Big one
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Bros, I'm a Nigerian I want the best for my country. I don't have the 'pull them down' mentality. I'm only concerned with how this present government deceived us to believing they can offer Nigeria. But here we are, things becoming worse. Fake promises everywhere. It's a shame. Big one

This government is the best government we ever have. Take it or leave it. I'm very right you will never accept anything good from this administration.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Codedzng: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmmmm, Only God Knw the Unknown
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

This government is the best government we ever have. Take it or leave it. I'm very right you will never accept anything good from this administration.
Well, if that's what you think of me, then there's no need having this discussion. Perhaps, criticism is hatred to you
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Well, if that's what you think of me, then there's no need having this discussion. Perhaps, criticism is hatred to you

You're are not criticising rather you're condemning .
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Codedzng:
Hmmmmm, Only God Knw the Unknown
True
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
FriendChoice:

You're are not criticising rather you're condemning .
criticism comes with condemnation. As long as it's positive and constructive
Re: What Exactly Buhari Says About Chibok Girls by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
criticism comes with condemnation. As long as it's positive and constructive
Hmm isokay

(1) (Reply)

Apc Screening Committee Disqualifies Uche Ekwunife. / Brazilian Army Versus Nigerian Government / PHOTO: First Female Commissioner For Justice In Kebbi State Sworn Into Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.