Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) (40161 Views)

Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) / Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by free2ryhme: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2016
Na naked wire be dat ooo

Can't you tape it haba students!
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Handsome4real(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Where the insulator? You're so much dead.
Truly your beans go quick cook finish but you would be eating it in heaven[/size]

Lmao grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2016
WHy
are these OAU students SO DUMB and silly and stvpid??
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Youngzedd(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2016
Poverty your fada!

Never call this innovation.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Some students are really suffering, how much is electric stove?
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Crude ingenuity driven by hunger. By fire by force man must wack.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by eightsin(m): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2016
This is a death trap.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by izzykingsley(m): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Nigeria will be like we re creative, stupidity @ it peak, I guess it in us.
lipsrsealed [color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by crazygod(m): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2016
This is not representing at all. Abeg the mod wey carry this enter front page should know that other countries dey view nairaland
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by missyadorable(f): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2016
A Lot of "local" stuff happens in this OAU sef

The students are not Behind at all

You can't even see a good kerosene stove in UNIPORT, not to talk of this kind of "thrash"

Innovation indeed! Electric never shock am before
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2016
Poverty can be very motivating some times make some people creative
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by chidextec: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2016
I refer to this as the most dangerous and unsafe project people embark on... no inspiration at all. That student is embarking on a suicide mission.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by encryptjay(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2016
Illegal connection grin
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Toks2008(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2016
This reminds me of a program on sony max channel called "A THOUSAND WAYS TO DIE"
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by davedpo(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2016
hey bro at op u can du better naw if ure truly crrct undergraduate
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by bardmorz: 9:49am On Jan 15, 2016
OAU students are just being rugged. Well, am not surpriesed when d lecturers are rugged and d school itself.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Folksyharry(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2016
grin grin
This pix brought back some memories. I used this several times in school. My friend even made money from selling the heating element because it became very common then
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by jwart(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2016
I can bet nah tampered prepaid meter u they use.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by temmym4(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2016
This is more of stup*d*ty than innovation. even the direct port cables are naked. No insulator. ..
that moment when waters pours from a container you held straight on top those negative & positive naked wires while holding the container, or you are busy having a good conversation while cooking and you took your bare hands across those wires!
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Bollinger(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2016
Emisco3310:
This is the kind of Innovative stove an OAU student was seen using at Great Awo Hall, OAU, Ile-Ife. Students are really rugged.
God bless our hustle!

Suffer no good i swear. How is it possible that anyone can consider this as innovative baffles the imagination.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Folksyharry(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2016
xMrPx:
U call this innovative?
I pray none gets electrocuted!
#safety Bridge.

I used it in school in my time. One won't get electrocuted as long as the electric conductor doesn't touch the body of the stove. Ideally the heating element alone is not suppose to cause electric shock but to avoid stories that touch I placed materials that don't conduct electricity on top of the stove.
I added little aesthetics to my own though. How I wish I took the pix then.

1 Like

Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by bigtt76(f): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2016
Hmm! When person gets electrocuted now, SUG go begin protest de burn vehicles, houses and disturb public peace. Now they would feign ignorant angry
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by pado1(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2016
END TIME AWO HALL STUDENT!
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by xtervaganza(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Where the insulator? You're so much dead.
Truly your beans go quick cook finish but you would be eating it in heaven[/size]
lol
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by jasent(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2016
Why are you so quick to portray Nigeria as bad country?when Ebola was first cured in Nigeria u didnt say only in Nigeria.How many country have you been to self?
Whizpeter:
It's only in Nigeria that things like this are considered to be innovative...
This is a security hazard, infact it's a time bomb waiting to explode...
Something must be done about it...
The food no go cook fast sef, the distance between hot plate and pot is like from Badagry to Ajah!

Just leave innovations for innovators..
And leave Trash for LAWMA!
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by Gamusgamus: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2016
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2016
That OAU student is playing with his precious life. Hot plate in a stove with electricity the source of power? This is dangerous
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by lonelydora: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2016
Unsafe act. He should think of his safety first.
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by bluice2(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
deramarks:
Dear lalsticlala. I don't get notifications on nairaland again I wud like to kno y. Or is it dat. Naira don't notify pple again.

Naira is crashing everyday. Wait till its stabilizes
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by frank043(m): 10:40am On Jan 15, 2016
But I don't see anything strange there...the hot plate ring is still connected to electrical cables, while in a stove frame, simply to prevent the pot from falling off in situations of careless handling. The only precaution is to insulate the stove frame properly to prevent being ELECTROCUTED!!!
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by TBD(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Come to FUT Minna and see the one that's more powerful then this only hot plate with pot boiling...
Re: The Strange Stove Used By OAU Student (photos) by CharlyNick: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2016
Front Page Things cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / Ilawole Oluwafunmilayo Oluwseun, A First Class Economics Graduate Of UNILAG / Solve This Easy And Yet Tricky Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.