Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State (19145 Views)

Outrage As Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, Liters The Road With Patients Blood / Doctor Assaults Registered Nurse At Abaji General Hospital Again / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.

The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.

How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?

Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.

The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.

How long will this victimisation go on?

Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?

Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?

God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.
poooo, complete poo, this is how you blackmail people,

you are a disgrace, posting half - truth.

when did Udom become governor??

in fact let me ignore you, your blackmail will end here.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ataidara:
In a state that boasts of the highest monthly allocation it is only reasonable to expect that critical sectors of the State such as healthcare would feel a positive impact. I was chanced to peer into the state' Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom and the revelations were disheartening. I would illustrate my points through a few photos.
My submissions are neither political nor based on hearsay as I had to stay in the hospital premises for a couple of days taking care of my sibling. One is only left to wonder if such a place is life sustaining or a death trap. From poor sanitary conditions to lackadaisical attitude of the nurses and cleaners (maybe due to the nonpayment of salaries of the new recruits for about a year now) to difficulty in obtaining essential amenities such as portable water and lightening (no alternative source of power). The list is worrisome.
All parties involved should indeed key into the dakkadda(rise up) slogan of the State and address this and other people-oriented issues.

Even if i hate Apkabio or PDP, i will not blame govt. but black race........................... There is no public toilet in sub-sahara Africa that is maintained.
Black race are dirty and lack maintenance culture.

Another thing is corruption from the hospital management board. IM SURE THEY HAVE CLEANERS ON GOVT. PAYROLL. They should sack everybody in that hospital except gate man.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ataidara:
In a state that boasts of the highest monthly allocation it is only reasonable to expect that critical sectors of the State such as healthcare would feel a positive impact. I was chanced to peer into the state' Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom and the revelations were disheartening. I would illustrate my points through a few photos.
My submissions are neither political nor based on hearsay as I had to stay in the hospital premises for a couple of days taking care of my sibling. One is only left to wonder if such a place is life sustaining or a death trap. From poor sanitary conditions to lackadaisical attitude of the nurses and cleaners (maybe due to the nonpayment of salaries of the new recruits for about a year now) to difficulty in obtaining essential amenities such as portable water and lightening (no alternative source of power). The list is worrisome.
All parties involved should indeed key into the dakkadda(rise up) slogan of the State and address this and other people-oriented issues.

illiteracy at it peak.

instead of reporting to the appropriate quarters, or your assembly members you brought it online, its simply because you don't know what democracy is all about.

you should be ashamed of yourself posting these and postulating assumptions

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
irepagbor:

Even if i hate Apkabio or PDP, i will not blame govt. but black race........................... There is no public toilet in sub-sahara Africa that is maintained.
Black race are dirty and lack maintenance culture.

Another thing is corruption from the hospital management board. IM SURE THEY HAVE CLEANERS ON GOVT. PAYROLL. They should sack everybody in that hospital except gate man.
don't mind them, what if she finds out the amount of allocation sent to that hospital for maintenance.

The funny thing is that our parents, brothers and sisters, family members and friends, that Are looting this country but we always blame government

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by ekwerendi55(m): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
My home,my pride,welcome 2 akwa ibom d land of promise.amimmedakada
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Drjemiyo: 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Uncommon transformation. AKwa ibom is working!
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by highskies(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
those pictures are too graphic. op pls take note.

Next time, pls indicated "very graphic pics" Haba mana
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by ITbomb(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Happiness87:

Which one is the blackmail?
People working for more than a year without pay
Or the ones that slumped and died
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Adminisher: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
TOEZOFFICIAL:
Akpabio tried wella, did wonders in Uyo....This governor should do sth!

This hospital was inherited from Akpabio.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
ITbomb:

i pity your mentality, you think udom doesn't have conscience.

if I ask you a question, how old is udom in office?
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
FYI am a PDP member. Udom became a Governor in May, 8 months ago. Are you also suggesting that we should forfeit the salaries because Udom wasn't the Governor when we first got employed?

What's the half truth there?

Have we been paid a kobo since we started working in Nov/Dec?

The set before us were owed for three months before their first salary was paid. We have waited for 14 months now ta year and 2 months) and you are here talking politics.

Happiness87:

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
FYI am a PDP member. Udom became a Governor in May, 8 months ago. Are you also suggesting that we should forfeit the salaries because Udom wasn't the Governor when we first got employed?

What's the half truth there?

Have we been paid a kobo since we started working in Nov/Dec?

The set before us were owed for three months before their first salary was paid. We have waited for 14 months now ta year and 2 months) and you are here talking politics.

you are running your mouth, i only asked you a question to help give you explanation.

stay der and wallow in your ignorance, am very sure you are ibibio
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.

The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.

How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?

Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.

The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.

How long will this victimisation go on?

Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?

Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?

God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.

Relax, Udom is right.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
All we need is our salary.
Seun360:

Relax, Udom is right.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
You are not worth my time.
Happiness87:
you are running your mouth, i only asked you a question to help give you explanation.

stay der and wallow in your ignorance, am very sure you are ibibio
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ataidara:
Some more

The uncommon state?
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Happiness87(f): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
You are not worth my time.
see what is talking, hehehe

just because of social media, mtchweee
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by kalosky: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dear Writter, kindly confirm first the current owners of the hospital, if the missionary has taken it back or still under d custody of govt. Also make some further findings if they had not been any plan or budget during the previous administration, probably d fund ws diverted. Am d previous govt ones embarked on total renovation of all d govt owned hospitals which 90 percent of hospitals in AKS benefited. I live in a land where d people do not like good thins comming their way. Most they will want 2 excute d project themslves @ d end d fund wil b diverted n d project bcoms a history. Every project meant for Eket must have d youths settled or no project. I advice u shld not b polical in ur writting. U saw n u did not ask... I just want 2 make a common sense...
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by petitchouchou: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
ITbomb:

As in ehn I don't understand why is so pained!

Why should he take this matter to the "appropriate authority" or "state assembly?" Aren't most aware of these things yet, they look the other way and pretend not to be aware? Isn't that why they'd rather use facilities oversea? Even if he did go to them, what's the guarantee that they'll do something about that hospital?

Moreover, this online reports have resolved a great deal of issues e.g. Roads that were forsaken received attention and were refurbished; the girl whom MTN robbed on her birthday got in touch with MTN, but they acted like they could do nothing about it even asking her to go resubscribe. Wasn't it only after she brought it here the situation was resolved? MTN had to save their face. So let these silly thieves do something about that hospital to save their faces, too!!

P.S. He brought it online so the hospital gets the deserved monetary attention from the state for maintenance so don't be embittered my dear. It is your state, we know that, but it isn't a 100% developed (or maintained). We should learn to speak the truth in all circumstances not just when it suits us...

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
You can go and patronize Samaritan, Amado, Poly et al.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
All we need is our salary.

Think of what u can do for Akwa Abasi Ibom and not what Akwa Abasi Ibom can do for you.

Abi u don't wanna #Dakaada?
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
I think it's only a jobless person that will not understand this post.

I pray to God to give you a job in Jesus name, amen.
Seun360:

Think of what u can do for Akwa Abasi Ibom and not what Akwa Abasi Ibom can do for you.

Abi u don't wanna #Dakaada?
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
I think it's only a jobless person that will not understand this post.

I pray to God to give you a job in Jesus name, amen.

Working at the council or Idongsit Ikanga Secretariat na work?

Do they do anything there?

They don't deserve salaries at all.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
My prayer for you is that next recruitment your name will be there. It is well brother. You can pick up a casual work while you are waiting for a white collar job. God bless u
Seun360:

Working at the council or Idongsit Ikanga Secretariat na work?

Do they do anything there?

They don't deserve salaries at all.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by ilyas26(m): 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
Akwa ibom Dakkada
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by ayokellany: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kjking:
Oga that's where you lie..... I stay in eket, ma dad was admitted in that hospital last year and it wasn't as bad as this.... the pix is an old pix.... it has been rehabilitated..... so stop painting Akwa ibom bad

Post the recent photos. God bless you as you do so.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Seun360(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
playtheblues:
My prayer for you is that next recruitment your name will be there. It is well brother. You can pick up a casual work while you are waiting for a white collar job. God bless u

Ufan, I am gainfully employed.

Let's meet at Bako Lounge tonight.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please stop painting the government bad. The hospital is owned by private not government.

Name:Immanuel General Hospital
Address:Eket.
State: Akwa Ibom State
City/Town: Eket
Main phone:
Category: Hospitals
Type:Private
Owner:Private

Are you searching for a Health Centre in Eket area of Akwa Ibom State? see details of Immanuel General Hospital,Eket. Immanuel General Hospital is a Private owned center.

http://www.blarbus.com.ng/directory/listings/immanuel-general-hospitaleketakwa-ibom-state/

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by anonimi: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
themall:
Is this an APC federal government hospita or the former PDP federation government hospital?

I knew someone would ask this type of PARTISAN question.
It did not take long for you to show up. grin
Anyway below is the state of a general hospital in the "excellent" Lagos state that has been administered for the past 17 years by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode of the angelic ACN/APC progreTHIEVES.
Bloody HYPOCRITES of a fraudulent bunch.

Beyond the paparazzi of photo-ops we know that the General Hospital in Epe, the original home constituency of Speaker Ikuforiji is in tatters and such a deplorable condition:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441819_H3_jpg195e7c5b979e3c0c1d452e90d51ebca2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441826_H5_jpg64378f861b2175c385b08ef0b2ac84a7

More pictures and story: https://www.nairaland.com/1536965/deplorable-conditions-epe-general-hospital

Beyond the physically deteriorating situation with many of the health facilities, the working conditions for the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians etc is nothing to write home about hence regular strikes. However our excellent governor's reaction is to sack them and ferry his sick father abroad for treatment:

Since Fashola spuriously claims he sacked the doctors to protect public interest, we should ask: If the governor is to protect the people, why did he send his own father abroad for treatment? Why are the necessary medical equipment not available in Lagos hospitals since we have medical experts that can treat his father here?
"Why has he resorted to the use of incompetent 'referral doctors' who are being enticed with a wage twice what they ought to have been paid if they are in regular employment? CONMESS fully, according to the Lagos NMA, would cause just additional N33.5 million monthly, compared to its looting spree to line private hands and profiteers," the statement reads in part.

From: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69955-doctors-strike-grounds-medical-services-lagos-5.html#post626236

Not forgetting that the JagbaJantis head of the cabal himself na to dey go obodo oyinbo each time body dey pain am small:

Why should we entrust ourselves to these LOOTocrats who have failed woefully to deliver on their promise to Lagosians these past 16 years?

- How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, hospital administrators are recruited annually for a state whose IGR has increased over 53 times since 1999?
- How many hospital beds and clinic consulting rooms plus equipment have been added despite annual budgets increased over 10 times since 2000?
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
That lounge is local. Meet me at Eni Store VIP lounge or at Ibo L'emeridien. grin grin
Seun360:

Ufan, I am gainfully employed.

Let's meet at Bako Lounge tonight.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ataidara:

Please stop painting the government bad. The hospital is owned by private not government.

Name:Immanuel General Hospital
Address:Eket.
State: Akwa Ibom State
City/Town: Eket
Main phone:
Category: Hospitals
Type:Private
Owner:Private

Are you searching for a Health Centre in Eket area of Akwa Ibom State? see details of Immanuel General Hospital,Eket. Immanuel General Hospital is a Private owned center.

http://www.blarbus.com.ng/directory/listings/immanuel-general-hospitaleketakwa-ibom-state/
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Is Tinibu hiding his teeth oro what?

Lolz
anonimi:

I knew someone would ask this type of PARTISAN question.
It did not take long for you to show up. grin
Anyway below is the state of a general hospital in the "excellent" Lagos state that has been administered for the past 17 years by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode of the angelic ACN/APC progreTHIEVES.
Bloody HYPOCRITES of a fraudulent bunch.

Beyond the physically deteriorating situation with many of the health facilities, the working conditions for the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians etc is nothing to write home about hence regular strikes. However our excellent governor's reaction is to sack them and ferry his sick father abroad for treatment:

Not forgetting that the JagbaJantis head of the cabal himself na to dey go obodo oyinbo each time body dey pain am small:

Why should we entrust ourselves to these LOOTocrats who have failed woefully to deliver on their promise to Lagosians these past 16 years?

- How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, hospital administrators are recruited annually for a state whose IGR has increased over 53 times since 1999?
- How many hospital beds and clinic consulting rooms plus equipment have been added despite annual budgets increased over 10 times since 2000?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Triplets And Mum Detained In Benue Hospital Over Unpaid N77,600 Bills (video) / Brain Drain: Nigeria Left With 24,000 Doctors – NMA / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Action Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.