Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone (1720 Views)

This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / 5 Reasons To Convince You To Get A Large Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
To be frank with you guys, I love large smartphones (although I have small hands) I just love them. Some people like me prefer large smartphones while others prefer small smartphones because of the portability and pocket comfort of such device.

Apart from portability, large smartphones have some advantages that go beyond just size and we are going to take a look at them

-Battery Life
One of the things you guys looked at before getting your smartphone. When you look at a smartphone with a large screen, you would think the battery drains very fast. Guess Again. The large size of smartphones allows
manufacturers to bundle in batteries that are much larger than what can fit in your regular 5 inches. For example the infinix hot note pro lasts longer than zero 2,iPhone 6s Plus has longer battery life than the 6s,Galaxy Note 5 will get you through the day without breaking a sweat, while the Galaxy S6 will have a tougher time achieving the same.

2.Typing is much easier
People using large smartphones you can agree with me that since you stayed using the device your typing speed and accuracy has improved especially if you have a nice keyboard like swift key, touch pal and others.

3. Gaming becomes a whole lot of fun
Gaming becomes a whole lot of fun on large smartphones. Try playing Asphalt 8, fifa 14 on a small size smartphone them play it on a large smartphones, you will see yourself driving better or scoring better. One of the numerous advantages of a large screen smartphones.

4.Awesome Exclusive UI and productivity features

In some smartphones some really nice software features are kept for large screen smartphones. For example a feature like landscape mode on the iPhone 6s Plus . It allows you to rotate your phone horizontally and have the home screen icons spin in this orientation as well. The 4.7 inch iPhone 6 is not capable of such feat. Also features like multitasking where you can do two things at the same time without switching apps

5.its easier to get things done
Some people will argue with me that this point is not valid. There are some things got can do easily on your large screen smartphone for example

-take pictures
-edit pictures
-edit short videos
-take notes.
-fill in or edit excel sheet.e.t.c
Source:http://www.naijakick.com/5-reasons-to-convince-you-to-get-a-large-smartphone/
Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44, Seun

Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
killzone:

2.Typing is much easier
People using large smartphones you can agree with me that since you stayed using the device your typing speed and accuracy has improved especially if you have a nice keyboard like swift key, touch pal and others.

I agree with everything u said apart from this keyboard thing. Swiftkey keyboard is a f**cked up keyboard, I wonder how come it gets good rating. Yes it has lots of features and prediction, but it lacks the basic thing a good keyboard should have which is responsiveness. This keybaords middle name is LAG. If tried it on every of my phones but can't just get myself to like it. It lags and makes typing slow which is very annoying. Google keyboard is still the best keyboard for android. Prediction is good and most importantly it doesn't lag. It lacks the customization and other features of Swiftkey but who cares when it is the only keyboard that can match the iPhone in responsiveness.

Oh and before u say its my phone, trust me I have capable phones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by emeraldknytt(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

I agree with everything u said apart from this keyboard thing. Swiftkey keyboard is a f**cked up keyboard, I wonder how come it gets good rating. Yes it has lots of features and prediction, but it lacks the basic thing a good keyboard should have which is responsiveness. This keybaords middle name is LAG. If tried it on every of my phones but can't just get myself to like it. It lags and makes typing slow which is very annoying. Google keyboard is still the best keyboard for android. Prediction is good and most importantly it doesn't lag. It lacks the customization and other features of Swiftkey but who cares when it is the only keyboard that can match the iPhone in responsiveness.

Oh and before u say its my phone, I have 2 powerful phones, one has 2gb of ram running snapdragon, the other has 3gb of ram running exynos
xorry niqqa, you've got a pretty messed up phone. Swiftkey app is the best to me... Even my long gone one X, was a pleasant experience in typing when coupled with swiftkey. Could be a malware on your phone + exynos processors are not worth the hype, so please... Make i hear word grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Ryanxu: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
gionee Splus
best choice
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
emeraldknytt:

xorry niqqa, you've got a pretty messed up phone. Swiftkey app is the best to me... Even my long gone one X, was a pleasant experience in typing when coupled with swiftkey. Could be a malware on your phone + exynos processors are not worth the hype, so please... Make i hear word grin grin grin

Lol, I hear ya. Try to use Google keyboard for a few days then u wil know Swiftkey is a messed up piece of crap. My phones are not messed up and I don't have malware. If u have been reading my posts u will know I don't root, I don't tweak, I don't download nonesense apps and that is why I buy a phone that suits me (I use to root and tweak in the past but I've outgrown that). I had htc one m7, tried Swiftkey it lags. When I got my LG g3 I tried it again, still lags had to uninstall. Tried it on galaxy s6 still the same thing. I know what I want from a keyboard, I don't care about all the fancy themes, I just want a keyboard that is responsive. Switftky ain't that. Maybe u are used to having keyboard lag and delay, good for u... But I hate lags.

And I am not alone in this. Swiftkey is good to use when it works, but sometimes when u need to get something done it just takes a couple of seconds to respond. I need a keyboard that works all the time, that is what Google keyboard has.

Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by sixtusjr(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

am hearing this from you, swiftkey ve been d best for me.
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by gidimasters(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
coming back
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Legitbaba(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ive used Google keyboards... SwiftKey... Go Keyboard... Touchpals.. Etc... Really SwiftKey is not as bad as u guys are making it seem... Its d best Keyboard have used so far...
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

fact tho SwiftKey lags but I still love the keyboard, didn't think anyone would agree with all these points
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
killzone:
fact tho SwiftKey lags but I still love the keyboard, didn't think anyone would agree with all these points

I wish Swiftkey doesn't lag, it would have been the only keyboard on any phone I get. It's got the best prediction engine, customization is great. But the thing is I spend a lot of money to buy a top of the line android phone because I want great lag free experience, then I just can't settle for a keyboard that would make my phone lag (what's the point of buying an expensive phone then) when there's Google keyboard that gives a completely lag free experience.

It is just like spending a lot of money to buy a Ferrari, then u remove the v8 engine that came with it and install a corolla engine drastically reducing its performance just because it is fuel efficient.
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

I wish Swiftkey doesn't lag, it would have been the only keyboard on any phone I get. It's got the best prediction engine, customization is great. But the thing is I spend a lot of money to buy a top of the line android phone because I want great lag free experience, then I just can't settle for a keyboard that would make my phone lag (what's the point of buying an expensive phone then) when there's Google keyboard that gives a completely lag free experience.

It is just like spending a lot of money to buy a Ferrari, then u remove the v8 engine that came with it and install a corolla engine drastically reducing its performance just because it is fuel efficient.
loll I love swift key because of the prediction and the appearance they have for their keyboards, I have a lot. The lagging of the keyboard heck I manage with that
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

loll I love swift key because of the prediction and the appearance they have for their keyboards, I have a lot. The lagging of the keyboard heck I can manage with that
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Yorubago(f): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
OP, When it comes to taking pictures, I think its important ooo

Asin, you can imagine how embarrrased I was before I started using a Phantom 5 ehn...
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Oladipupo22: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
Yorubago:
OP, When it comes to taking pictures, I think its important ooo

Asin, you can imagine how embarrrased I was before I started using a Phantom 5 ehn...

I swear, gaming on that phone is cray

Superbly fun..

First Touch Soccer addict!
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
killzone:
To be frank with you guys, I love large smartphones (although I have small hands) I just love them. Some people like me prefer large smartphones while others prefer small smartphones because of the portability and pocket comfort of such device.

Apart from portability, large smartphones have some advantages that go beyond just size and we are going to take a look at them

-Battery Life
One of the things you guys looked at before getting your smartphone. When you look at a smartphone with a large screen, you would think the battery drains very fast. Guess Again. The large size of smartphones allows
manufacturers to bundle in batteries that are much larger than what can fit in your regular 5 inches. For example the infinix hot note pro lasts longer than zero 2,iPhone 6s Plus has longer battery life than the 6s,Galaxy Note 5 will get you through the day without breaking a sweat, while the Galaxy S6 will have a tougher time achieving the same.

2.Typing is much easier

3. Gaming becomes a whole lot of fun
Gaming becomes a whole lot of fun on large smartphones. Try playing Asphalt 8, fifa 14 on a small size smartphone them play it on a large smartphones, you will see yourself driving better or scoring better. One of the numerous advantages of a large screen smartphones.

4.Awesome Exclusive UI and productivity features

In some smartphones some really nice software features are kept for large screen smartphones. For example a feature like landscape mode on the iPhone 6s Plus . It allows you to rotate your phone horizontally and have the home screen icons spin in this orientation as well. The 4.7 inch iPhone 6 is not capable of such feat. Also features like multitasking where you can do two things at the same time without switching apps

5.its easier to get things done
Some people will argue with me that this point is not valid. There are some things got can do easily on your large screen smartphone for example

-take pictures
-edit pictures
-edit short videos
-take notes.
-fill in or edit excel sheet.e.t.c
Source:http://www.naijakick.com/5-reasons-to-convince-you-to-get-a-large-smartphone/
Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44, Seun

OP,Is that WinPad 10 by Tecno in this category?
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
OnyeAraNdiIgbo:

OP,Is that WinPad 10 by Tecno in this category?
yes
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oladipupo22:

I swear, gaming on that phone is cray

Superbly fun..

First Touch Soccer addict!
Yeah gaming on large smartphones is nice, Glad to see you all agree with me
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Oladipupo22: 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
killzone:
Yeah gaming on large smartphones is nice, Glad to see you all agree with me

Of course I agree with you based on my own phone tho
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
killzone:
yes

Good then...
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oladipupo22:

Of course I agree with you based on my own phone tho
by the way which phone are you using
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by Oladipupo22: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
killzone:
by the way which phone are you using

I use a Tecno Phantom 5, You?
Re: 5 Reasons To Use A Large Smartphone by killzone(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oladipupo22:

I use a Tecno Phantom 5, You?
Galaxy J7

(1) (Reply)

See Infinix Hot 2 OTA Update / [STABLE] Crdroid For Tecno L8 And L8 Plus / In Need Of Samsung S5 Back Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.