Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,473 members, 7,823,101 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! (4078 Views)

My Gf Doesn't Keep SMS On Her Phone / JESUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! She Bought Me A Car For My Birthday!!!!!(pix) / The Newest And Most Outstanding Love Sms On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Koncept(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen, how would you describe a girl who calls herself your girlfriend,but failed to call or sms you on your birthday even when you called her couple of days earlier to remind her it was coming up.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
Is your birthday today? If it is, the day is not yet over so see how it goes smiley

If not, sorry.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by ROBOCOB(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2009
Duh ! She will send a text when she leaves her bf's house.

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Koncept(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Is your birthday today? If it is, the day is not yet over so see how it goes smiley

If not, sorry.

My birthday is like over a month ago, but its really been hurting me all this while and right now i'm considering saving my self all the pains by quiting and looking up elsewhere.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2009
Koncept:

My birthday is like over a month ago, but its really been hurting me all this while and right now i'm considering saving my self all the pains by quiting and looking up elsewhere.
Oh wow, have you talked to her about it? As small as it may seem, I know I wouldn't feel to good if my bf failed say Happy Birthday, is it that she failed to call or sms or that she just didn't say Happy Birthday?
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by dominique(f): 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
eh ya sawwwwy. . . maybe she forgot undecided did you guys have any misunderstanding before the bday
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by olaleye101: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2009
why quit? u should know she's not serious about u, just hang in there (for the sex) while u search for another girl, "a bush rat in hand is better than 10 antelopes in the bush", dont loose both ways, cheers!

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by dominique(f): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2009
olaleye101:

why quit? u should know she's not serious about u, just hang in there (for the sex) while u search for another girl, "a bush rat in hand is better than 10 antelopes in the bush", dont loose both ways, cheers!

first post on nl and you've shown you're a playa. . . did it ever occur to you if he actually cares for the chick. i agree with ibk, talk to her about it before making drastic decisions
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by olaleye101: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2009
caring for the chick doesnt make any difference, why be a fool!!
what's the point caring for someone that doesnt care for u,
why waste your care??

there are plenty nice chicks to go round,
if one is not doing it right, MOVE ON!!!!!! simple
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2009
olaleye101:

talk about jumping to conclusion.

Anywho, poster, I suggest you talk to her smiley
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by olaleye101: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2009
@ ibk

did u read the poster's text well? 'even when you called her couple of days earlier to remind her it was coming up",

what excuse would she have, its plain and simple,

maybe she's getting attention somewhere else not to remember "her boyffriend's"bday,

in that case there's nothing to talk about,

NOTE: its her boyfriend o, not a casual friend, GOD!!!
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2009
olaleye101:

@ ibk

did u read the poster's text well? 'even when you called her couple of days earlier to remind her it was coming up",

what excuse would she have, its plain and simple,

maybe she's getting attention somewhere else not to remember "her boyffriend's"bday,

in that case there's nothing to talk about,

NOTE: its her boyfriend o, not a casual friend, GOD!!!
Note the word that I've bolded, that's why he needs to talk to her and THEN make his conclusions, not saying she is in the right by the way, it would be good if they talked.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by eleshin(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2009
you ought to have call her on your birthday,maybe later in the night to request for an explanation.she may have a good or bad reason for doing such a thing.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by IFELEKE(m): 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Poster,
She forgot because she really didn't take the boyfriend/girlfriend thing serious as you took it.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by olaleye101: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2009
@ibk

i like the angle u're coming from, but for girls, thats not how it works, if a girl doesnt want u again, there's nothing u can do, u talkin to her wouldnt make any difference

note that the poster said it has been like a month ago, u tryin to talk to her about her strange behaviour or about her not callin on your bday, would be like u bringin her back to the past, if she had called after THE BDAY - A MONTH to say ''o baby am sorry, i forgot ur bday becos of , whatever story, , it would be better than not even acknowledging that u hurt someone,

and u bringing her back to the past would on a normal grounds get her IRRITATED if she has someone else on the side and eventually backfire by her ending the whole thing and "the poster" losing out on everything (sex) completely,

after everything, who wins?  am not sayin this is a 'battle'

her keeping quiet about everything might just be a way of her saying, "LOOK SON, I DONT CARE ABOUT U ANYMORE",

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Unseen(m): 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
Did it occur to any of you that it may be intentional ? May be her silent way of saying that she is tired of the whole stuff.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by ibee1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
Unseen:

Did it occur to any of you that it may be intentional ? May be her silent way of saying that she is tired of the whole stuff.

you have a point there, maybe she doesnt want to tell him that she's fed-up.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by TheSeeker(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2009
Everyone have got a point. Albeit, understanding that we don't know what may have transpired between the both has called for some diplomacy right there. He said he called her a month before the birthday to remind her, that seemed like it's his first birthday since they started dating, which means the relationship might be pretty new or he wouldn't have been the one to call and remind her of his birthday. I may suspect that they aren't taking each other seriously but even at that she should have called or at the very least, send him a text message.

@Poster
I will advise that you go talk to her instead of hurriedly shipping your feelings to the wrong girl. You know, our girls can seem cocky a few times and always want to be treated like a piece of glassware. Find out from her what's going on and when she tells you her story you will take it from here and decide if it makes sense. If it doesn't demonstrate any kind of sense, I'd say you should bounce, but talk to her first.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by iconcept(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
, just call here nd tell her how u feel bout d bday stuff. it mite min dat she didnt hav credit to call u or probably wanted u to send her some.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Koncept(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Everyone have got a point. Albeit, understanding that we don't know what may have transpired between the both has called for some diplomacy right there. He said he called her a month before the birthday to remind her, that seemed like it's his first birthday since they started dating, which means the relationship might be pretty new or he wouldn't have been the one to call and remind her of his birthday. I may suspect that they aren't taking each other seriously but even at that she should have called or at the very least, send him a text message.

u r partially right here,its about the 1st birthday since we started dating,but like u also countered its not enough reason 4 her to ignore it.
ibkaye link=topic=286802.msg4064963#msg4064963 date=1245585504:

Oh wow, have you talked to her about it? As small as it may seem, I know I wouldn't feel to good if my bf failed say Happy Birthday, is it that she failed to call or sms or that she just didn't say Happy Birthday?

i brought it up but she made a very light apology,and then capped it with a huge complain of me not giving her any bday present on hers, since hers comes b4 mine, but mind u we r a little distant 4rm each other so we couldnt see on her own bday, but i promised her i owe her a bday present, isnt that fair enough?
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
Very childish of her, sorry to say.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Koncept(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2009
u r right ibkaye,but dont u think i shgoud quit,right now isnt it obvious she's fooling me?
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2009
It's up to you, wouldn't say break it off necessarily because of the whole failure to call, sms etc, is the relationship shaky?
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by TheSeeker(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2009
ibkaye:

It's up to you, wouldn't say break it off necessarily because of the whole failure to call, sms etc, is the relationship shaky?

Your right about not breaking off the relationship based on her lackadaisical acts towards his birthday, however, with the assertion she made I am having the feeling that she cares more about the material effects than the actual passion they are supposed to share with each other. So, if I may answer, I think the relationship is not quite healthy.

@Koncept

I don't think she's the right girl for you. First of all, how old is she? If she's over 19, then she's just in the relationship because she thinks you are fly and can buy her gifts. What gifts should she have been expecting from you? A classy gold watch? A 32GB iPhone? A 81K gold necklace? She's in it for what she can get not for the love you have for her. Run a test on her, tell her you're sorry and she should sms her account number so you will send her money to buy her gift since you couldn't make it and see what she has to say? Mind you, she might pretend first but in the end, she will laugh and tell you she loves you. Lots of stupid b****tchz are out there ripping men off. DROP HER LIKE A BAD HABIT

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Your right about not breaking off the relationship based on her lackadaisical acts towards his birthday, however, with the assertion she made I am having the feeling that she cares more about the material effects than the actual passion they are supposed to share with each other. So, if I may answer, I think the relationship is not quite healthy.
Too right.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by TheSeeker(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Too right.

I still don't believe there are girls like that in Nigeria. I thought those days were gone when girls were materialistic and money mongers. Do you by chance have suggestions on why this is so?
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

I still don't believe there are girls like that in Nigeria. I thought those days were gone when girls were materialistic and money mongers. Do you by chance have suggestions on why this is so?
Did you just say that you don't believe that there are girls that are more about the material effects than the actual passion couples are supposed to share with each other in a relationship in Nigeria? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
I wonder why you even need to complain about this, if i were you i'd have quietly phased her out of my life. Little things matter, if she didnt feel obliged to at least send you a text on your bd then its obvious you're not on her "important people" list.

My date placed a hand-made card with her personal message first thing on my work desk on my bd . . . if no one else wished me a bd that alone made my day.

Dude she aint worth all the trouble.

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by walestar(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
Sorry maybe she forgot,Let me help her to say it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU but I am sure she will not forget if you promise her money and tell her to remind you a date you promise to give her money. I guess she will call you 6 00 am in the da morning to remind you or being reminding you 2 days before the day

1 Like

Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by TheSeeker(m): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Did you just say that you don't believe that there are girls that are more about the material effects than the actual passion couples are supposed to share with each other in a relationship in Nigeria?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, that is what I just said. I have met some real good girls from Naija and gurl, they were wonderful. I still don't understand why some girls stoop down to this crap.
walestar:

Sorry maybe she forgot,Let me help her to say it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU but I am sure she will not forget if you promise her money and tell her to remind you a date you promise to give her money. I guess she will call you 6 00 am in the da morning to remind you or being reminding you 2 days before the day

This much I know to be true now. I used to know Nigerian girls are all up for your pocket then again I snitched that they have changed now, I am seeing a different thing. I had a girl I was dating back in Nigeria, she used to call me to send her money for her spa sessions. That was ridiculous.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, that is what I just said. I have met some real good girls from Naija and gurl, they were wonderful. I still don't understand why some girls stoop down to this crap.
Hmm ok, well, I won't generalise, but it is the case in Nigeria where many girls care more about material things than the more important things needed to base a relationship on, same for goes for all other places in the world, that's why sometimes you gotta search real hard for the special person who loves you for you and not the weight of your wallet.
Re: Not Even An Sms On My Birthday! by mfonosoh(f): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2009
big deal she forgot your birthday,move on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geography Of A Man / My Dear, Wearing Skinny Jeans Is Not Romantic / A Thread For Mature Uplifting Words Of Encouragement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.