Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop (870 Views)

A Lady Experience:sometimes We Fall In Love And They Have Sex With Us Anyhow / A Lady's Experience After Sleeping With A Dog (photos) / White Man Spotted In Benin Market Shopping For Nigerian Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Starttell: 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
The other day, I walked into a pharmacy to get drugs.

I wore a very short gown which I hated myself for.

It was a woman that attended to me.

“Hello, can I have postinor please?”

I didn’t bargain for what happened next.

First she looked at me from head to toe. And gave me “that look”.

Then slowly she went to bring it and she stared at my tummy for 10 seconds.

The “Nsikak” thing to do there was walk away. But I couldn’t. Other drug store didn’t have the exact med I was looking for but she had it and it was starting to feel like a Nigerian movie.

Slowly she handed it to me. I collected it, paid and was waiting for my balance.She handed over my balance and as I was about leaving, she mumbled something about me being a prostitute.

“What da F***” I screamed unconsciously.

I went back to her store. There were drugs, books, and syringes on top of a show glass, I pushed the show glass down angrily and told her “Yes, I am a prostitute just like you, b****”

I almost cried on the way, but I controlled myself. If I drove a car, I would have had a good cry inside my car before driving. But Nigeria isn’t USA, crying on the road just wasn’t a good idea.

That experience made me always think twice before visiting a pharmacy for drugs.

I devised a new means, meeting a male pharmacist. But it was worse.

So this one stays along my street.

A friend and I had a job to do for a client, so we lodged in a guest house. We stayed for 2days and when I returned home, I was having itching down there.

As I wouldn’t want to waste time. I went to the pharmacy guy and explained to him, he mentioned some drugs and I bought them.

I didn’t go to a hospital for tests, hospital was like a 2nd choice in case 1st choice didn’t work out.

After taking the drugs that night and the next morning, the itching stopped. birth control pills

So I went to ask the pharmacy guy what he thought was wrong with me and why he felt the drugs he gave to me was the best drugs for the itching because clearly it worked.

This pharmacy guy shouted at me, and called me a “runs girl” said that’s how runs girls are. He said he thought I was a decent girl but how wrong he was .

For minutes, I was short of words. I can’t just walk away without saying anything to this guy. If I walk away it will be more painful. I mean, no one can shame me and just go freely. So having itching down there which was as a result of using the toilet in the guest house resulted to me being a runs girl.

It’s impossible. You can’t shame me and go free! No!

I stood there but nothing came out. So I told the pharmacist, prepare to lose your job and your license and walked away.

Yes! It worked because that guy ran away me and was begging and fell to his knees.

I thought pharmacist weren’t supposed to be judgmental? I thought these people were supposed to be open-minded?
http://starttells.com/2016/01/15/my-experience-purchasing-contraceptives-from-a-nigerian-drugstore-and-my-pet-project-on-sexuality/

Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Starttell: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Elosky20: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
picture or idonbilivit
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by SINNZ(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lol
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
lol.Thats nigeria for you. hypocrite much.
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by obasiken: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Op, so all the pharmarcists have suddenly become very rude and unprofessional. Well check yourself well cause you might doing something that gives them the wrong impression about you.
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by ladyF(f): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
hmmm......You better stop taking postinor as if it is panadol. shocked
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by tpiar: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
ki ni kin wa se bayi?

Does this story stop drugs from harming people?
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by cruzita(f): 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nigeria and their oversabi character .God forbid
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by kirchofff(m): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sorry o, but face the REALITY dis is NIGERIA.....abi because oyinbos kiss on d street u'll wanna try it here? C'mon face d reality
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by SirVictory: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Kayoski(m): 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
story time.
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by misspicy(f): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
So they sell postinor over the counter? I thought its gotten from hospitals na lipsrsealed

or maybe I thought wrong angry
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
The lady is a hoe

Quote me and get fuc!ked by Odin tonight
Re: Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop by free2ryhme: 3:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Starttell:
Cc Lalasticlala

only you post, only you dey scream lalasticlala for night

You be witch

(1) (Reply)

Dear Romancelanders / Is Unfair To Refer A Lady As 'but...you're Black' / My Bitter Experience With Money Doublers In Lagos – 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.