Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) (1829 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Ibe Kachikwu And Dickson (Photo) / Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics / Governor Dickson Of Bayelsa Caught Fishes In A River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Less than a week Imcumbent PDP governor Seriake Dickson defeated APC candidate Timipreye Sylva in the Bayelsa State governoship election, Nigerian President Dr. Muhammadu Buhari has not congratulated Governor Dickson for his victory as a sign of consolidating democracy

Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Sen. Ben Bruce , yesterday, asked President Muhammadu Buhari
to congratulate Dickson for emerging victorious at the polls.

The "Common Sense" Senator wrote on his Twitter page to remind the President to do the needful

Below is the content of the tweet via his handle: @benmurraybruce:

“Is it that President @Mbuhari is yet to hear that Gov @iamHSDickson was reelected?
I’m rather surprised at his failure to congratulate him.”

It would be recalled that Seriake Dickson won the governorship election with 134,988 votes while his opponent Timipire Syva scored 85,852 votes.

SOURCE: http://edesononlinenews..com/2016/01/politics-president-buhari-is-yet-to.html

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by ossaisly(m): 3:05am On Jan 16, 2016
Yea
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by jcross19: 3:42am On Jan 16, 2016
Buhari can't do that because of that do or die instinct in him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by mallamseifaldin(m): 3:50am On Jan 16, 2016
Let him congratulate him joor... After all Dickson is the peoples choice...
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by Saheed9: 4:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Garba shehu and adesina must hear this
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by OhiGentle(m): 4:24am On Jan 16, 2016
Congratulations dey bring bank alert?
Ben Bruce park well Abeg, if Senate don tire you just go back to silver bird even become presenter for your station.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by Opinedecandid(m): 4:40am On Jan 16, 2016
Imagine the nonsense I am reading.

So president Buhari has to be begged to congratulate an opposition Governor Elect. BEGGED!

Not all that glitters is gold, indeed.

It is not easy to be a good-hearted man, let alone a golden-hearted one like our beloved Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by 912(m): 5:10am On Jan 16, 2016
Why is it so important for him to congratulate Dickson? What will it change if he congratulates him or not? Abeg people should stop distracting the president with petty things.

Very soon they will attack him for not attending someone's child dedication. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by akp202(m): 5:33am On Jan 16, 2016
GEJ would have done that long ago

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by mrphysics(m): 6:10am On Jan 16, 2016
Buhari has a more pressing need. Congratulating him won't solve any of Nigerians problem.

if this man can keep quiet for once, His creator would be proud of him.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by 49cents(m): 7:10am On Jan 16, 2016
Stupid people everywhere.....

Buhari was congratulated with a historic phone call by his predecessor, that's why US and the commonwealth and UN keep commending GEJ even though they are aware of the scandals in his regime. But they know not as Democracy deepens other things will follow.

Ei longfor an election where no soul is lost, no violence but is just a freindly constests of one ideology against another

Buhari has just showed heisnt moved by democratic suystems an values....he only just have to tell his aides to pass on the congratularo message but that guy just isn't on who loves democracy
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by orobs93(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2016
Country of mediocre
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by frankwells(f): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2016
How will that change d lives of average Nigerians,u can as well ask Dasuki to do that or Nurse Metuh
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by drss(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2016
i remember a time when GEJ used to congratulates every gov dat wins election. Buari is does not know anything about democracy. Imagine up till now he's yet to congratulate dickson 1 week after wining election
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by Dakad: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2016
I think Ben Bruce and the OP would have posted PMB congratulations message to Yaya Bello of Kogi before criticizing him of not congratulating Dickson. No wonder these politicians keep giving us irrelevant issue to occupy ourselves with like missing budget. Ww should engage our leaders on critical issues that will move this nation forward not these petty issues
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by asadike(f): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2016
lol. Oga Ben, our minister of petroleum go arrest you o.
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by yemmynoni: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2016
And where was it mandatory in Nigeria constitution? Did he congratulate the governor elect in Kogi?

This one na non-issue jare

Ka sha ma Dupe
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by yemmynoni: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2016
Dakad:
I think Ben Bruce and the OP would have posted PMB congratulations message to Yaya Bello of Kogi before criticizing him of not congratulating Dickson. No wonder these politicians keep giving us irrelevant issue to occupy ourselves with like missing budget. Ww should engage our leaders on critical issues that will move this nation forward not these petty issues
e be like say na you i borrow my second mind
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by yemmynoni: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2016
drss:
i remember a time when GEJ used to congratulates every gov dat wins election. Buari is does not know anything about democracy. Imagine up till now he's yet to congratulate dickson 1 week after wining election
and did he congratulate Kogi governor?
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2016
buhari should cone and congratulate my lg chairman.... lubbish
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 16, 2016
What does this mofos,Ben Bruce know?
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by sweetgala(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Imagine the nonsense I am reading.

So president Buhari has to be begged to congratulate an opposition Governor Elect. BEGGED!

Not all that glitters is gold, indeed.

It is not easy to be a good-hearted man, let alone a golden-hearted one like our beloved Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

I don't remember GEJ sending a congratulatory message to Oshiomole or Aregbesola

What nonsense, the congratulatory message does not add to the mandate of Dickson
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by rolchi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
912:
Why is it so important for him to congratulate Dickson? What will it change if he congratulates him or not? Abeg people should stop distracting the president with petty things.

Very soon they will attack him for not attending someone's child dedication. undecided

It is the right thing to do in a Democracy!
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by rolchi(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
sweetgala:

I don't remember GEJ sending a congratulatory message to Oshiomole or Aregbesola

What nonsense, the congratulatory message does not add to the mandate of Dickson

Just to remind you Sir/Ma,

1. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/politics/93475-edo_votes_resut_updates.html
2. http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/10/president-jonathan-congratulates-aregbesola-says-outcome-osun-elections-reaffirms-his

Sir/Madama, note that I deliberately chose seemingly opposition news outlet.

GEJ remains a true democrat.
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by sweetgala(m): 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
rolchi:

2. http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/10/president-jonathan-congratulates-aregbesola-says-outcome-osun-elections-reaffirms-his

After allowing his allies and subordinates steal the country dry. Can't wait for Deziani to recover from her mysterious cancer so we can retrieve our money from her
Re: Ben Bruce Urges Buhari To Congratulate Governor Dickson (photo) by shift15(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
rolchi:

You get their time.
Don't you see the guy does not worth an answer? He just diverted the issue to their usual irrelevants.
Bunch of pathetic fellows.

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Want My Parents Dead— Captured Female Suicide Bomber In Dikwa / ....buhari Probes Osinbajor / Live Pics: Nigeria Polce In Uyo Sharing Money They Extorted From Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.