Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. (21775 Views)

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 / Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by yemoscow(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
educative
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sukkot: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
hmmm. all CGI images

computer generated
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Idydarling(f): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
Mehhnnnnnn.................. I'm simply wowed. Lalasticlala, will you......... Ah never mind, no dead snake is being shown hereundecidedgrin
u fit get luck, him fit hear sha
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by hilariousdude(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
Art Students go be like... What's all this circle with coloured painting.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by RENOWNED2(m): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
woooooaaahhhh . . . .
I am so blown away right now. embarassed
lie lie
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Prodigee: 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Cool stuff
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by ebony2011(m): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Can i include planet Earth cause a lot of strange things are happening here.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Spybradd: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
8..UY scuti

Give up for the largest star we know so far in the universe...

This enormous star is breathe taking, so large that it is out of the world and possibly a very good candidate for the biggest star known when more super gigantic stars are discovered.

And Canis Majoris thinks it's large undecided Haaaa Joker grin this star beats Canis to the deal..

Located 9,500 light years away from us, this star is so huge that it literally has a volume 5million times the volume of our own star we call the sun.

This star is so huge that if it is placed in the center of our solar system, it's largeness will cover up to the Orbit of Jupiter and possibly Saturn..

Our Gigantic sun literally looks like a spec of dust compared to this extremely humongous Sun..

Look harder you will see the tiny sun in the picture showing a size comparison..

really? Our own big dear sun?
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sukkot: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
you named 10 yet you have not named the most amazing star yet. johnydon22 you slacking brah SMH undecided
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Spybradd:

really? Our own big dear sun?
Yes ooo.. Our Huge sun is just like a spec of dust compared to this monsterous giant..

Here is a size comparison of our sun and the planets in the solar system. Now compare that huge sun to the UY scuti

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
sukkot:
you named 10 yet you have not named the most amazing star yet. johnydon22 you slacking brah SMH undecided
You can help do that bro.. You are so very welcome.. Am itching to see that..Thanks bro
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sukkot: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
i see i am going to have to unleash the most amazing star ever known to man called THE EYE OF GOD. its called fomalhaut and its in the constellation piscis austrinus

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Ganjafama(m): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
If the almighty sun can be dwarfed by that first star, coupled with the fact that there are countless numbers of such gigantic lunar bodies, then I can confidently say that Earth is not the only planet with life.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
God is GOod
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Geofavor(m): 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
WaleyFem:
Sci-fi things.. . Me I have never seen any
lmao. So johnydon22 is a movie producer? grin
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sukkot: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:

You can help do that bro.. You are so very welcome.. Am itching to see that..Thanks bro
done bro. check my post above this one
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ganjafama:
If the almighty sun can be dwarfed by that first star, coupled with the fact that there are countless numbers of such gigantic lunar bodies, then I can confidently say that Earth is not the only planet with life.

The size of a star has nothing to do with finding life on other planet
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
sukkot:
i see i am going to have to unleash the most amazing star ever known to man called THE EYE OF GOD. its called fomalhaut and its in the constellation piscis austrinus

Wow quite a spectacular star... thanks bro
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sukkot: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
Wow quite a spectacular star... thanks bro
yeah thats THE EYE OF GOD. you are welcome wink
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
sukkot:
yeah thats THE EYE OF GOD. you are welcome wink
Of course bro... maybe we will find the next eye soon wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by phensbassey: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
thanks bro, you know I could just sit and read things like this all day....BTW....about that alien signal thing...I read it once I think it was called the WHO signal..
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Geofavor(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
hilariousdude:
Art Students go be like... What's all this circle with coloured painting.
grin grin

they are the ones who fill NL with tonto dike topics.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Geofavor(m): 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
phensbassey:
thanks bro, you know I could just sit and read things like this all day....BTW....about that alien signal thing...I read it once I think it was called the WHO signal..
too much hollywood.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Ganjafama(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

The size of a star has nothing to do with finding life on other planet
I think it may, because the sun is a star and a source of enery, and the same way the sun has it's own solar system with planets orbiting round it that's how other suns (stars) may have theirs. The more stars there out there, the greater the probability of an earth-like planet existing in one of those solar systems.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by wtfCode: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
ok...cool and scary tho undecided
one of them might be the heaven we are talking about undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by menxer: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
OP thanks for reminding us of the stupendous beauty beyond the clouds
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ganjafama:
I think it may, because the sun is a star and a source of enery, and the same way the sun has it's own solar system with planets orbiting round it that's how other suns (stars) may have theirs. The more stars there out there, the greater the probability of an earth-like planet existing in one of those solar systems.
There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sands in all the beaches of the world... and most of them have planets orbiting them..

And if 1% of the planets are in the goldilock zone (if probability life is judged by that) then there are more than 100trillion planets that can harbour life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by phensbassey: 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Geofavor:
too much hollywood.
no bro its science....amma nerd...
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by phensbassey: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Geofavor:

too much hollywood.
no bro its science....amma nerd...not DAT you'd understand
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by WaffenSS(m): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
Where the hell is the most talked about star now, the weird KIC 8462852?
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
WaffenSS:
Where the hell is the most talked about star now, the weird KIC 8462852?
KC 8462852 Is not really a mysterious star rather the object around it is the mystery..

The object doesn't show to be just a planet, scientist speculate that it might be a comet debris while rather others are imagining more exciting probability like an alien artificial structure.

So the star is not that ominous but the object that orbits it is the subject of question..

well it was worth mentioning.. thanks bro..
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Horlufemi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
timilehin007:
We are not alone
Yes we are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.