Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State (66545 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Benue State. / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Plateau State / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by ellahzy(f): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
my people
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
nkemdi89:
Kanu is from ihiala in anambra state, but he was born and bred in owerri.
My dear you ar right, I think he is from okija which is one of the town in Ihiala LGA of Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
dreamtrue:
Kanu nwankwo (papilo) is from Atani-Arochukwu, in Abia State. I know their compound in Arochukwu. Am from Arochukwu. Though he was born in oweri
Bros kanu is from Ihiala, arochukwu is his maternal home.
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by osunkwo: 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
mightyokwy:

My dear you ar right, I think he is from okija which is one of the town in Ihiala LGA of Anambra state.
oya,you two receive sense and grow up or remain goaty forever
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
Weedcrusher:

Can you all see why Igbos can never unite......the Op started with good intention, but they have used their hands to disintegrate themselves. They way an average Igbo bad mouth Mbaise, you will think nothing good can ever come out of that region. Who would have taught Genevive Nnaji and Rita Dominic are from Mbaise
young man, listen and listen attentively. unquote me from that tribalistic and narcissistic comment of your's. i never said anything relating to discord or unity

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by meforyou1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
osunkwo:
Aro-Ndizuogu abi Arochukwu,which buddy?
Arondizuogu
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by kizyalex10(m): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Well,sorry am from imo state,kanu nwankwo is from abia state but was born nd breed in imo that is why people thinks he is from imo.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
osunkwo:
oya,you two receive sense and grow up or remain goaty forever
Guy dnt insult me pls. I knw what am saying. Kanu's father is from Ihiala while his mother is from Arochukwu. This is information much people dnt knw.
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by francotunsco: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have been in Mbaise for the first time since 3 days ago! Just left for PH! Good to know! Mbaise girls dey flaunt bike like designer wear die!
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by osunkwo: 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
meforyou1:
Arondizuogu
ndi gini?
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by osunkwo: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
mightyokwy:

Guy dnt insult me pls. I knw what am saying. Kanu's father is from Ihiala while his mother is from Arochukwu. This is information much people dnt knw.
sorry if I did buddy,but datz disinformation. He is not from Ihiala dude. Fully Arochukwu dude,walk with me to his father's compound at Arochukwu,ready buddy?

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by rossyc(f): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
africanrapper:
jsut a little error:
Kanu Nwankwo is from Atani-Agbor, Arochukwu in Abia State; although he grew up in Owerri - maybe that's why a lotta folks thing he's from Imo State.
U are so right...

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Uchemelvin2004(m): 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
Kanu Nwankwo grew up in Owerri but he's from Abia state. Nice trade

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
ProfDumbledor:
Ok let me continue from where op stopped. Other celebs from Imo are;
Jim Iyke, Anambra
Jidenna, Awo Idemili
Eucharia anunobi, Oguta
Clem Ohameze, Oguta
Patoranking Ebonyi
Nneka
Vitalis Ndubuisi
Bracket Enugu
Gideon Okereke
Geogina Onuoha
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
osunkwo:
sorry if I did buddy,but datz disinformation. He is not from Ihiala dude. Fully Arochukwu dude,walk with me to his father's compound at Arochukwu,ready buddy?
Bro like I told u his father is from Ihiala. The compound u went to is his maternal home. Next time u visit there try enquire from any body around. Am sure of what am saying
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
My most trusted friend is from country5,love peeps from that axis
OBB77:
Proudly IMO. MBAISE nwere madu.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by okwadatigbogal: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Yeah! I noticed Imo people are naturally inclined towards entertainment! Infact, they own the entertainment industry! But op, Kanu Nwankwo is from Arochukwu in Abia State! I didn't even know that Lilian Esoro was Igbo! I always though she was fro the South south

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by vislabraye(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
There are lots and lots of celebrities in nigeria, so as imo state as well, with many more emerging everyday. there are alot of celebrities you never knew where from imo state

we compiled this list of them,for you guys

1. Geneive Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji is a Nigerian actress and singer. She won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005.

Born: May 3, 1979 (age 36), Mbaise, imo state.

Naeto c

Naetochukwu chikwe is the son of dr (mrs) kema chikwe, the former minister of aviation, he hails from imo state. he is a nigerian rapper.

Born :December 17, 1982 (age 33) in houston texas united states.

3. Kanu nwankwo

kanu nwankwo ,OON, or simply Kanu, is a retired Nigerian footballer who played as a striker. He was a member of and later captained the Nigerian national team for 16 years from 1994 until 2010.

Born: August 1, 1976 (age 39), owerri, nigeria.

Rita Dominic

Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Waturuocha is a Nigerian actress. In 2012 she won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.

born: July 12, 1975 (age 40), Mbaise imo state.

Forest Withaker.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by okwadatigbogal: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
Weedcrusher:

Can you all see why Igbos can never unite......the Op started with good intention, but they have used their hands to disintegrate themselves. They way an average Igbo bad mouth Mbaise, you will think nothing good can ever come out of that region. Who would have taught Genevive Nnaji and Rita Dominic are from Mbaise

I also dont know why people hate Mbaise people alot! I have come across many Mbaise people and they were really nice! My class back then in uni was full of Mbaise people! I know many of the people who talk rubbish about them have never come across and Mbaise person before. I just think people hate them because they are intimidated by them! I noticed they are natural go-getters and they dont take rubbish from anyone! Maybe thats why people hate them sha.. Alot of prominent people come from that town

6 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Alibesamuel: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
I wanted to correct the op but u first took it away from me
africanrapper:
jsut a little error:
Kanu Nwankwo is from Atani-Agbor, Arochukwu in Abia State; although he grew up in Owerri - maybe that's why a lotta folks thing he's from Imo State.
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by fxdee(m): 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
radiokilla:
oya Imolites, come and massage your ego here. I'm expecting a similar thread for Anambra peeps
Kanu is from Arochukwu in abia state..
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Nickymezor(f): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
..Neva knew Lilian Esoro is frm imo state . Where exactly is papilo frm abeg
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by benjanny(m): 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Kanu Nwankwo is from arochukwu local government area of imo state
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by benjanny(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nwankwo Kanu is from arochukwu in abia state
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Face your people and leave Igbos alone, we are not perfect people but we don't kill ourselves the way folks from your region do
Weedcrusher:

this happenned at ilepo market idimu among the united yoruba race. If there is unity in yoruba land as we normally hear, a yoruba man will not harm a fellow omoluabi like this .

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by amacastel: 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
mightyokwy:

To give woman belly don't make him ur son. If not OBJ would av been an Igbo man so KANU is from arochukwu abia born and breed in IMO, if KANU is not a super star no1will hear dis ihiala story pls u pple should remain silent forever.
Meanwhile soon I will add to the imolite stars. Chineke no na olu ya oma anya ya na isim
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mymadam(m): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Luckyk:
i heard most people 4rm mbaise are naturally short and wicked..IS IT TRUE?

No sister... it is NOT true. Na jealousy joor becos Mbaise peeps no de carri last. Why not pay a quick visit and enjoy the legendary Mbaise hospitality. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by AroOkigbo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:
I know of
Rita
Genny
Chidinma
Linda

I thought Stephanie was from Delta State (maybe cos she grew up there)

KANU is not from IMO, his wife is

Samklef Igboshocked

Both Kanu and the wife are from Arochukwu (Abia state)
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by Weedcrusher: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
DikeOha882:
Face your people and leave Igbos alone, we are not perfect people but we don't kill ourselves the way folks from your region do this happenned at ilepo market idimu among the united yoruba race. If there is unity in yoruba land as we normally hear, a yoruba man will not harm a fellow omoluabi like this .

That picture is gory........what is wrong with you? must you show a disgusting image to pass a point across. You must be barbaric by nature. Do you know how many gory pictures I will display to prove that an Igbo kills fellow Igbo?. But I won't do that because I'm more civilized than you
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by AroOkigbo(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
africanrapper:
jsut a little error:

Kanu is from Amannagwu, Arochukwu.
The wife is from Atani, Arochukwu
Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State by mightyokwy(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
amacastel:

To give woman belly don't make him ur son. If not OBJ would av been an Igbo man so KANU is from arochukwu abia born and breed in IMO, if KANU is not a super star no1will hear dis ihiala story pls u pple should remain silent forever.
Meanwhile soon I will add to the imolite stars. Chineke no na olu ya oma anya ya na isim
Lol, thank God you hv acknowledged that his father is from ihiala nd u are not aware that he has returned to Ihiala. It was a big celebration the day he returned. He is a full fledged Ihiala indigene. In fact he was given ala obi his own portion of land he inherited from his father where he can build his own house. In Igbo culture we believe that nwata bue ocho nna ya Nd that was what Kanu did. Mind u nobody dy drag am with you guys bcs his mother is also from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rejoice Iwueze Of Destiny Kids Glows In New Pictures / Photos Of Adesua Etomi, Banky W's Fiancee / Burna Boy Arrested By Police Over Mr 2Kay Robbery, To Be Charged To Court (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.