Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. (30053 Views)

What Every Nigerian Medical Student Must Experience In Medical School. / Abiola, 21-Year-Old Nigerian Medical Doctor (Photos) / Life Of A Typical Nigerian Medical Student From Birth To Graduation In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by tinsel: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=coolhamid post=42093028]nice one, but Philippine of all places for academics exploit?

May be am missing something.[/qu
Philippines medical schools are much more better than Nigeria. You can only compare it with west.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
I can't wait to give my first TED talk also. It's possible.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by scachy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nice one, I just pray Filipino ladies won't finish u dia.
Dem sabi wella grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
CollinsMD:
Super mods.. Let's help bless this guy's effort..

bless wetin? Most of these guys studying Medicine in Ukraine, Philippines, Carribeans etc know next to nothing. They're guys who Jamb have Jambed and had to go abroad to study...

I marvelled at their dullness when they were preparing for MDCN certification exams during my housejob.

They're just like condemned products e.g-cars, computers etc dat are shipped to Nigeria and Africa.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by coolhamid(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
tinsel:
Philippines medical schools are much more better than Nigeria. You can only compare it with west.
Says who? Any proof? So our own medical schools (UI, UNN, UNILAG, ABU,OAU) can't withstand Philippine medical schools?
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Sam32(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nigerians are talented, but we don't know how to keep our human resource within our shores
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by jaybee(f): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
coolhamid:
nice one, but Philippine of all places for academic exploit?

May be am missing something.

A genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

The effort of the learner is most important aspect of intellectual exploit.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
If it was drugs, the "sofistikated" sons of perversion would have made this thread reach 12 pages by now!
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by nkemcd(m): 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
the young dude on red was my classmate back in d days @CGS Ikwerre/Etche

keepmakingusproudbro.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by AprokoMan: 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
meanwhile, a YOLOBA man just beheaded his uncle's son for rituals in Osun State
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Philipines? Couldn't he have found somewhwere better like the United States? Someone as brilliant as him would have had no trouble getting a scholarship in America.
Philipines na "Chinko Ekun" country. The people in that country are busy trying to convince themselves that they are white and so they act more racist than white people would normally act.
They are a confused lot.

Dude get ur facts right. Have u ever been to philippines before. U just said d exact opposite who they are. They are homely and see blacks as foreigners ( d same way nigerians used to see white). they look at u with astonishment and always happy to want to get close to you. So i implore u never to give wrong informations.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

bless wetin? Most of these guys studying Medicine in Ukraine, Philippines, Carribeans etc know next to nothing. They're guys who Jamb have Jambed and had to go abroad to study...

I marvelled at their dullness when they were preparing for MDCN certification exams during my housejob.

They're just like condemned products e.g-cars, computers etc dat are shipped to Nigeria and Africa.

U re just jealous and it ll never take you too far. Bless wetin? We re glad that even as bad as Philippines, Ukraine and Caribbean is(according to you anyways n u obviously been to these places) this young lad has been able to do a tedx. Its about this outstanding individual who happens to be Nigerian. If u n I could do half of what's he's achieved...
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by TruthHurts1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
dayosaba:

Dude get ur facts right. Have u ever been to philippines before. U just said d exact opposite who they are. They are homely and see blacks as foreigners ( d same way nigerians used to see white). they look at u with astonishment and always happy to want to get close to you. So i implore u never to give wrong informations.

Please shut up for long enough to do some basic thinking. I don't have to go to Syria to know that ISIS is intolerant of non muslims.
Neither do I need to be in America to know that being simply being black will make you an automatic target of suspicion whenever crimes are committed.
All I have to do is speak to people who have been to Sout East Asia and read about these places online:

Philippines Named as One of the Most Racist Countries in the World:

http://www.wheninmanila.com/philippines-named-as-one-of-the-most-racist-countries-in-the-world/

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Artorius(m): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
CollinsMD:
Behold a proud Nigerian, a final year medical student and an IT expert..
His also the founder of Medifund: a platform he created to help raise funds for foreign students whose parents, for one reason or the other, could no longer sponsor to complete their medical education here in the Phillipines He's just given his first TEDx talk. Many things he discussed: ranging from his academics to his social llife to his IT endeavors.. Ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome Jossy Onwude MD.
link to a video of his talk, please!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Temmybuky: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
Compliment of the season.

Are feeling inferior to others because you had a second class lower grade or even third class? There is good news for you. At PFL Education, we can help you achieve the unbelievable.

PFL (Preparation for Life) Pvt Ltd is a part of PFL Group International, one of the leading UK owned and managed student placement agencies. PFL was established in 1997 and has come a long way in 18 years, retaining its excellence in study abroad and visa counselling We offer the widest range of services and commitments to our student customers seeking higher education to UK and Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and the UAE.

It is a multinational company operating in 4 continents of the world, i.e. Asia, Europe, Australasia and Africa, having agreements with over 160 universities worldwide. Our strategically located offices across Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Pakistan, and the UAE combine state of the art facilities, excellent IT operations and high quality talent. The latest addition to the infrastructure is our Headquarters located at The Fairmont on Sheikh Zayed Road; a key and central address on Dubai’s commercial map.

We feel proud in introducing the concept of Fast-Track application processing through In-House and University Representatives and fully trained Senior Recruitment Officers. Our dedicated Conversion Managers have been in place in our key sending markets since March 2014, ensuring focus and accountability when converting your applicants into full time, enrolling students.

Our clients have been carefully selected to provide a wide range of courses to suit every student’s requirement: O Levels, A Levels, Degree Foundation Courses, Diploma Courses, and Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. PFL was founded with an aim to provide value for money, uniqueness, personalized attention, research-based decisions, and on-going support. To this end, we work with individual students, teachers, schools, academics, and institutions to ensure success. The model at PFL is simply created just for you! We ensure that all constituents are knowledgeable about educational opportunities that lead to success.

Temitope
Senior recruitment officer

PFL Nigeria, Victoria Island Branch,
296B, Jide Oki Street,
Off Ligali Ayorinde Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos
t +2349094031580, m +2348030455690
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Please shut up for long enough to do some basic thinking. I don't have to go to Syria to know that ISIS is intolerant of non muslims.
Neither do I need to be in America to know that being simply being black will make you an automatic target of suspicion whenever crimes are committed.
All I have to do is speak to people who have been to Sout East Asia and read about these places online:

http://www.wheninmanila.com/philippines-named-as-one-of-the-most-racist-countries-in-the-world/

Its d same way if someone tells me you are foolish and silly, i have to believe it because it was said to you. Guy go get brain. I have been there first hand so talking from experience, so its either u believe it or u carry on with your supposed lies you've been fed with. Moreover i know quite a number of Nigerians there and none has ever mentioned being racially abused. FYI your thinking might end up being your downfall.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

http://www.wheninmanila.com/philippines-named-as-one-of-the-most-racist-countries-in -the-world/

Moreover did u even read d link you quoted and see know what there supposed definition of racism is?
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

U re just jealous and it ll never take you too far. Bless wetin? We re glad that even as bad as Philippines, Ukraine and Caribbean is(according to you anyways n u obviously been to these places) this young lad has been able to do a tedx. Its about this outstanding individual who happens to be Nigerian. If u n I could do half of what's he's achieved...
What she said was actually true. Most of them are actually dumb.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by TruthHurts1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
dayosaba:

Its d same way if someone tells me you are foolish and silly, i have to believe it because it was said to you. Guy go get brain. I have been there first hand so talking from experience, so its either u believe it or u carry on with your supposed lies you've been fed with. Moreover i know quite a number of Nigerians there and none has ever mentioned being racially abused. FYI your thinking might end up being your downfall.

It is your own thinking and lack of belief in your abilities as a blackman that will lead to your downfall.
It is that same lack of self-esteem that leads you to flock to these places because you believe they are better than what you have at home.
Whether dullards like you acknowledge it or not, Philippinos just like most other Asians are deeply racist towards black people. They would much rather prefer to associate with people of caucasian origin (whites).
That's why if you want to succeed in those societies, your skin colour matters a lot. The lighter skinned you are, the better your chances of success are.
Those same people come to your country and treat you like second class citizens in your own country. Nigerians who work for companies owned by these people only have tales of woe to tell.
You are one of the gullible muttonheads who has accepted his inferior racial status in the world order.
I pity you.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by yungpowers(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Keneking:
Igbos are indeed doing well
tensazangetsu:

Igbo amaka

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Soreza(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
coolhamid:

ATLEAST THE COUNTRY DEGREE IS RESPECTED WORLD WIDE THAN NIGERIAN DEGREE.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

"U re just Jealous" is d response of a person who's too lazy to think deep...why is it dat they come back to Nigeria to practise and can't get a work with their "certificate" there...its just like me graduating from John Hopkins Medical school and saying I wanna come practise in Nigeria- am I mad when other top-notch hospitals will be queuing for me....

I'm talking to you from experience about what I know you're here saying Ted talk, na Ted Talk go manage patient? Ask any local trained graduate about FMGs-Foreign Medical Graduates and they'll tell you about their incompetence....you're here simply and lazily attributing it to jealousy.....you can't see beyond your nose.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
gbens2000:
how?
jus as it has hit front page now.. Na Wetin I mean
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
coolhamid:

brother.. I'm sure u re underestimating the Philipines Education.. I'm also a medical student here and I can give u a first hand education about Philippines education. Let me inform u that so many students from all around the countries of the world study here. In my school alone, I have more than 150 Americans studying here, many Australians, Indians, Britain and many first world citizens. Philippines education has become an alternative to people who could not afford the tuition for an education in a first world country. Philippines medical graduates are one of the most sort after in the world today. Check out the net if u doubt me bro.. Cheers
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by gbens2000(m): 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
CollinsMD:
jus as it has hit front page now.. Na Wetin I mean
ok.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

What most of them re got nothing to do with this brilliant individual and she could not take away any credit from what this young lad has achieved. That's why I will thank God for him.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

"U re just Jealous" is d response of a person who's too lazy to think deep...why is it dat they come back to Nigeria to practise and can't get a work with their "certificate" there...its just like me graduating from John Hopkins Medical school and saying I wanna come practise in Nigeria- am I mad when other top-notch hospitals will be queuing for me....

I'm talking to you from experience about what I know you're here saying Ted talk, na Ted Talk go manage patient? Ask any local trained graduate about FMGs-Foreign Medical Graduates and they'll tell you about their incompetence....you're here simply and lazily attributing it to jealousy.....you can't see beyond your nose.

U ve just heard a new about an exception to whatever u re used to experiencing. Sorry but u can't take away that credit from this guy. What he's achieved is the news here. I think its a bit bout hubris and arrogance to talk down a colleague's achievement and generalise whatever experience u may ve had. U re jealous cos u couldn't stand one exceptional FMG performance for once in ur life. And for ur info, Tedx can do a lot for ur patients...maybe if u work a lil bit harder to think outside the box u can understand that. Tell me who's lazy now.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

U ve just heard a new about an exception to whatever u re used to experiencing. Sorry but u can't take away that credit from this guy. What he's achieved is the news here. I think its a bit bout hubris and arrogance to talk down a colleague's achievement and generalise whatever experience u may ve had. U re jealous cos u couldn't stand one exceptional FMG performance for once in ur life. And for ur info, Tedx can do a lot for ur patients...maybe if u work a lil bit harder to think outside the box u can understand that. Tell me who's lazy now.

There's a difference between anger dat stems from Jealousy and dat which stems from listening to a person give a shallow and unexperienced response and still think he's right thereby deluding himself immensely. As I said you obviously can't and now refuse to see beyond your nose as TV shows is a confirmation of how good a medical school or doctor is.

I'll have better luck talking to d wind or a wall trying to make you think objectively and seek answers as you're not only adamant but also too lazy to do dat....goodluck.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

There's a difference between anger dat stems from Jealousy and dat which stems from listening to a person give a shallow and unexperienced response and still think he's right thereby deluding himself immensely. As I said you obviously can't and now refuse to see beyond your nose as TV shows is a confirmation of how good a medical school or doctor is.

I'll have better luck talking to d wind or a wall trying to make you think objectively and seek answers as you're not only adamant but also too lazy to do dat....goodluck.

I refuse to accept u re anything close to being professional. When u start practicing u can come back here for a normal chat. And next time shut ur mouth if u re that empty. End off
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

I refuse to accept u re anything close to being professional. When u start practicing u can come back here for a normal chat. And next time shut ur mouth if u re that empty. End off

You're a just a slimy tout which makes you beneath me....I won't stoop to mud-level. its in your best interest you refuse as you can't live sane and will run nuts with the fact of my status. You and your possibly quack fantasy tv doc personality can go end yourself....d real docs shine at d bedside and in d theatre and not on some tv personality show....something you're too superficial to grasp...permanent foool.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
CollinsMD:
brother.. I'm sure u re underestimating the Philipines Education.. I'm also a medical student here and I can give u a first hand education about Philippines education. Let me inform u that so many students from all around the countries of the world study here. In my school alone, I have more than 150 Americans studying here, many Australians, Indians, Britain and many first world citizens. Philippines education has become an alternative to people who could not afford the tuition for an education in a first world country. Philippines medical graduates are one of the most sort after in the world today. Check out the net if u doubt me bro.. Cheers
I don't know why Nigerians love to lie a lot
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
CollinsMD:
brother.. I'm sure u re underestimating the Philipines Education.. I'm also a medical student here and I can give u a first hand education about Philippines education. [b]Let me inform u that so many students from all around the countries of the world study here. In my school alone, I have more than 150 Americans studying here, many Australians, Indians, Britain and many first world citizens. [/b]Philippines education has become an alternative to people who could not afford the tuition for an education in a first world country. Philippines medical graduates are one of the most sort after in the world today. Check out the net if u doubt me bro.. Cheers
I don't know why Nigerians love to lie a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4 / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / DSS Smashes Prof. Abdulkadir Mohammed's Car Windscreen, ASUU Heads To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.