Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. (30052 Views)

What Every Nigerian Medical Student Must Experience In Medical School. / Abiola, 21-Year-Old Nigerian Medical Doctor (Photos) / Life Of A Typical Nigerian Medical Student From Birth To Graduation In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
bigboss80s:
We need more people like this. With a simple idea he has created a platform to solve problems.
This is a lesson to all those who spend their entire day on Instagram and Twitter. You could be doing something more productive.
Sit and think of a way to solve a problem around you.
Start a blog about something u have a sound knowledge of. Do something productive.
needs to be reposted again
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
datigbogirl:

You're a just a slimy tout which makes you beneath me....I won't stoop to mud-level. its in your best interest you refuse as you can't live sane and will run nuts with the fact of my status. You and your possibly quack fantasy tv doc personality can go end yourself....d real docs shine at d bedside and in d theatre and not on some tv personality show....something you're too superficial to grasp...permanent foool.

Sorry but what's ur frustration all about. I really don't think u re a basic GP. U sound more like someone who's never worked. U hide behind the keyboard to talk down a top and classy final year medical student and think that's perfectly right. No, its called delusion. People like urself are the real scumbags of this earth. Go get busy a bit and with all ur ego, LOVE urself hahaha
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
TruthHurts1:

It is your own thinking and lack of belief in your abilities as a blackman that will lead to your downfall.
It is that same lack of self-esteem that leads you to flock to these places because you believe they are better than what you have at home.
Whether dullards like you acknowledge it or not, Philippinos just like most other Asians are deeply racist towards black people. They would much rather prefer to associate with people of caucasian origin (whites).
That's why if you want to succeed in those societies, your skin colour matters a lot. The lighter skinned you are, the better your chances of success are.
Those same people come to your country and treat you like second class citizens in your own country. Nigerians who work for companies owned by these people only have tales of woe to tell.
You are one of the gullible muttonheads who has accepted his inferior racial status in the world order.
I pity you.

See dis dumb Bleep talking. Who has got a low self esteem between us 2. I went to a place and got a kings treatment. Guess ur jealous of that. Dude the country has got its issues but not racial issues and dude i went there on a lovely vacation im sure u will have licked there ass to get. Ur info is totally wrong whether u accept or not. Plus what i carry never makes a second class citizen. DICKHEAD
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by TruthHurts1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
dayosaba:

See dis dumb Bleep talking. Who has got a low self esteem between us 2. I went to a place and got a kings treatment. Guess ur jealous of that. Dude the country has got its issues but not racial issues and dude i went there on a lovely vacation im sure u will have licked there ass to get. Ur info is totally wrong whether u accept or not. Plus what i carry never makes a second class citizen. DICKHEAD

Na your papa be DICKHEAD. Na you be expert for licking nyash to get visa.
You are an Uncle Tom. You might want to look that up if you don't know what it is.
You're not even ashamed to display your ignorance on a public forum like Nairaland.
On top all your so-called mouth na common Philipines you dey take do yanga. Your mates are excelling in the UK and the US.
Bury your flat head in shame.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

Sorry but what's ur frustration all about. I really don't think u re a basic GP. U sound more like someone who's never worked. U hide behind the keyboard to talk down a top and classy final year medical student and think that's perfectly right. No, its called delusion. People like urself are the real scumbags of this earth. Go get busy a bit and with all ur ego, LOVE urself hahaha

Only someone like you can sound like one who's never worked cos I'm very sure I can employ you in my bar to sell drinks as a result of your joblessness which makes you think everyone else is in your miserable state....console yourself with dat...bum.

Where I've reached you can never see cos you obviously don't have the mental capacity to get there, you can only make mouth all you want but dats wat you'll forever amount to-a mouthed vagabond....you'll never know wat its like to be ME cos you're busy chasing shadows on TV which you'll only realize at d end of your miserable life! For you life begins at 70.

You're a waste....fooolish foool.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by mightiersa: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
coolhamid:
nice one, but Philippine of all places for academic exploit?

May be am missing something.
I've been to the Philippines... Most of thier hospitals are like five star hotel in Nigeria. Nice people, good roads, uninterrupted power supply, portable water for all and lots more. Try and visit the third world country like Nigeria and you will likely spit on green-white-green
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

What she said was actually true. Most of them are actually dumb.

Don't mind d dude jarey....imagine after replying him with this he still went on arguing blindly and stiff-neckedly with me...what a douchebag.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I don't know why Nigerians love to lie a lot

Its just d same way someone from OOU will beat his chest and say his school is one of the best even though they're 97th out of 100 in current NUC rankings. Ppl will rather die dan live with the truth.

My school came 4th in d current ranking and I'm not ashamed of dat! Greatest Ife!
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
Archie30:

What most of them re got nothing to do with this brilliant individual and she could not take away any credit from what this young lad has achieved. That's why I will thank God for him.

Oh I see you've even accepted dr dumbness here but just too ashamed to admit it....you're a fan of Losers.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by cutechi(f): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Keep soaring higher
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
Forgive me for veering off topic...but why will someone leave nigeria to study in the philippine? That country is a fourth world contry(if there is anything like that). Philippines is in no way better than togo.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Skywalker5(m): 6:12am On Jan 19, 2016
Medical doctor and IT expert. Seriously? Thats two different things.He might have IT skills but he is not an IT expert.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 7:23am On Jan 19, 2016
datigbogirl:

Only someone like you can sound like one who's never worked cos I'm very sure I can employ you in my bar to sell drinks as a result of your joblessness which makes you think everyone else is in your miserable state....console yourself with dat...bum.

Where I've reached you can never see cos you obviously don't have the mental capacity to get there, you can only make mouth all you want but dats wat you'll forever amount to-a mouthed vagabond....you'll never know wat its like to be ME cos you're busy chasing shadows on TV which you'll only realize at d end of your miserable life! For you life begins at 70.

You're a waste....fooolish foool.

Nobody wants to know what it's to be like a thick arrogant twatt. Go on and make front page like Jossy Onwude for the right reasons. U will ever get the attention and affirmation u crave here. We know decent practitioner when they turn up. U? U re a low fantasist and if u still think we should not celebrate Jossy Onwude because he's studying in the Philippines, well you can go n jump river Thames. U will still not get noticed u see.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Archie30: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2016
datigbogirl:

Oh I see you've even accepted dr dumbness here but just too ashamed to admit it....you're a fan of Losers.

I have accepted that u cant take away any credit from what Jossy have achieved as we ve been told here on Nairaland! And that u smack of sheer jealousy and that's my opinion!! Seriously ve u got bipolar?
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 8:12am On Jan 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Na your papa be DICKHEAD. Na you be expert for licking nyash to get visa.
You are an Uncle Tom. You might want to look that up if you don't know what it is.
You're not even ashamed to display your ignorance on a public forum like Nairaland.
On top all your so-called mouth na common Philipines you dey take do yanga. Your mates are excelling in the UK and the US.
Bury your flat head in shame.

DICKHEAD FYI I dont need to go to any embassy to ask gor visa, i travel anywhere i want to go without getting to the embassy. You can envy for all you care. Moreso i pity the shithead family u came from to av given birth carcass like you. You are dead meat man. If u r so frustrated about life den go die
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by TruthHurts1(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2016
dayosaba:

DICKHEAD FYI I dont need to go to any embassy to ask gor visa, i travel anywhere i want to go without getting to the embassy. You can envy for all you care. Moreso i pity the shithead family u came from to av given birth carcass like you. You are dead meat man. If u r so frustrated about life den go die

Na your family be product of baby fu..king and generations of inbreeding. Na dat pig wey hump your Mama be your real father. No be de old drunk wey dey service your mama now be your father.
Continue to sneak into people's country without proper documentation. Na so your papa dey take sneak into your sista's bedroom to molest her.
One day na deportation go be your fate. Useless thing. Uncle Tom.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by dayosaba: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Na your family be product of baby fu..king and generations of inbreeding. Na dat pig wey hump your Mama be your real father. No be de old drunk wey dey service your mama now be your father.
Continue to sneak into people's country without proper documentation. Na so your papa dey take sneak into your sista's bedroom to molest her.
One day na deportation go be your fate. Useless thing. Uncle Tom.

Didinrin oshi. I no say ur brain shallow gan. U just voiced out ur intentions. You are just filled with negativity f.cking dick. Just pray the demons in ur village sets u free. FYI im so well to do i go to oda countries on vacations. Just pray for better things shithead
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Elle277(f): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Good news..kudos!
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by datigbogirl: 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Archie30:

Nobody wants to know what it's to be like a thick arrogant twatt. Go on and make front page like Jossy Onwude for the right reasons. U will ever get the attention and affirmation u crave here. We know decent practitioner when they turn up. U? U re a low fantasist and if u still think we should not celebrate Jossy Onwude because he's studying in the Philippines, well you can go n jump river Thames. U will still not get noticed u see.

LoserMan....lols....go on and watch TV...dejo!
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Its great to know that my country is producing such a top notch foreign students...

Oohh hail Philippines grin

But OP juz plz excuse our natural disasters down there but I bet u we're used to it wink
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by TruthHurts1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
KashyBaby:
Its great to know that my country is producing such a top notch foreign students...

But OP juz plz excuse our natural disasters down there but I bet u we're used to it wink

He was produced by Nigeria, NOT Philippines.

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
L
KashyBaby:

But OP juz plz excuse our natural disasters down there but I bet u we're used to it winkyes dear.. I'm really used to the typhoon but never gotten over earthquakes yet.. Heheh.. That earthquake shit scared a poo outta me the first time I experienced it, somewhere in 2013.. Heheh.. By the way.. Which country are u in now? I'm here in Cebu city.. Maybe u should pm me let's talk about Philippines.. Heheh

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
L
KashyBaby:

But OP juz plz excuse our natural disasters down there but I bet u we're used to it winkyes dear.. I'm really used to the typhoon but never gotten over earthquakes yet.. Heheh.. That earthquake shit scared a poo outta me the first time I experienced it, somewhere in 2013.. Heheh.. By the way.. Which country are u in now? I'm here in Cebu city.. Maybe u should pm me let's talk about Philippines.. Heheh

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2016
CollinsMD:
L

Lol....so ur in Cebu? That's amazing grin

Oh yeah, these natural calamities are already part of my country...every Filipino embraced it & live with it... grin
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 4:59am On Jan 20, 2016
KashyBaby:

Lol....so ur in Cebu? That's amazing grin

Oh yeah, these natural calamities are already part of my country...every Filipino embraced it & live with it... grin
yea. That's correct. It's amazing how Filipinos bounce back to their usual activities very quickly each time a disaster happened: as if it never happened.. God has blessed them wit perseverance you know...
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 20, 2016
CollinsMD:
yea. That's correct. It's amazing how Filipinos bounce back to their usual activities very quickly each time a disaster happened: as if it never happened.. God has blessed them wit perseverance you know...

We have no choice but face the anger of Pacific ocean grin
Filipinos indeed are strong enough to face all crisis I guess..well anyway, may u find my country as ur second home... grin

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Johnkelerombus: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2016
Here is a link I found on Ted.com to show the talk was real. Why do we always doubt our people? We should be promoting this dude and spreading the word around.
https://www.ted.com/tedx/events/13611
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by Benwilson(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
CollinsMD:
Behold a proud Nigerian, a final year medical student and an IT expert..
His also the founder of Medifund: a platform he created to help raise funds for foreign students whose parents, for one reason or the other, could no longer sponsor to complete their medical education here in the Phillipines He's just given his first TEDx talk. Many things he discussed: ranging from his academics to his social llife to his IT endeavors.. Ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome Jossy Onwude MD.

Wow!!! That's really nice. Thumbs up Dr Jossy.
CollinsMD how do i contact u please? There are some things I will like to enquire from u.
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by CollinsMD(m): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Benwilson:

Wow!!! That's really nice. Thumbs up Dr Jossy.
CollinsMD how do i contact u please? There are some things I will like to enquire from u.
thanks brother.. U can contact me here.. Collinsokeke774@yahoo.com.. Or +639339852594.. Best regards

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by 99thEnemy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
dayosaba:

Dude get ur facts right. Have u ever been to philippines before. U just said d exact opposite who they are. They are homely and see blacks as foreigners ( d same way nigerians used to see white). they look at u with astonishment and always happy to want to get close to you. So i implore u never to give wrong informations.
damn bloody liar.. You have not been to Philippines.. Racism is real here
Re: A Nigerian Medical Student In The Philippines Gives His First Tedx Talk.. by 99thEnemy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
TruthHurts1:

It is your own thinking and lack of belief in your abilities as a blackman that will lead to your downfall.
It is that same lack of self-esteem that leads you to flock to these places because you believe they are better than what you have at home.
Whether dullards like you acknowledge it or not, Philippinos just like most other Asians are deeply racist towards black people. They would much rather prefer to associate with people of caucasian origin (whites).
That's why if you want to succeed in those societies, your skin colour matters a lot. The lighter skinned you are, the better your chances of success are.
Those same people come to your country and treat you like second class citizens in your own country. Nigerians who work for companies owned by these people only have tales of woe to tell.
You are one of the gullible muttonheads who has accepted his inferior racial status in the world order.
I pity you.
Abeg tell the mumu wella.
Filipinos will discriminate even among themselves... They mock darker skined Filipinos calling them black momgos.. Cover their nose when they encounter a black person in a Jeepney.. W.T.F??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Education System In Nigeria: 9-3-4 / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / DSS Smashes Prof. Abdulkadir Mohammed's Car Windscreen, ASUU Heads To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.