Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

$2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan (4154 Views)

How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 / $2b Arms Deal: EFCC Confronts Dasuki, Dokpesi & Co With Evidence Of Transactions / $2b Arms: EFCC Weighs Its Options On Jonathan- The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by crudeoilagent: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Immediate-past President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, debunked allegations that his administration awarded contract for arms procurement to the tune of $2 billion.

Jonathan, who spoke in Washington DC, on “Presidential elections and

democratic consolidation in Africa: Case studies on Nigeria and Tanzania,” a conversational forum, co-hosted by the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), stated categorically that “I did not award any $2 billion contract for procurement of weapons.”

Jonathan queried, “Where did the money come from? “I did not award a contract of $2billion for procurement of weapons,” reports Premium Times.

At the forum moderated by USIP Senior Advisor to the US President and member, NDI Board of Directors, Ambassador Johnnie Carson, Jonathan also shared his views on those elections and their significance in the consolidation of democratic progress in Tanzania.

He also discussed the recent political transition in Nigeria, as well as the prospects for improved governance in the country.

Recall that on Tuesday, a presidential investigations committee into arms procurement under the administration of ex-President Jonathan revealed in its interim report that it found extra-budgetary spending by the Jonathan administration to the tune of N643.8 billion and an additional $2.2 billion in the foreign currency component, all managed and supervised by ex-National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

But in a swift reaction, Dasuki had said in a statement Wednesday, said that all contracts and accruing payments were made based on the approval of ex-President Jonathan, adding that due process and military procurement regulations were followed in all the transactions.

Dasuki said: “Nigerians should note that all the services generated the types of equipment needed, sourced suppliers most times and after consideration by the Office of the NSA, the President will approve application for payment.”

But Mr. Jonathan said he never awarded any $2billion arms contract, suggesting that the claims by the Buhari administration were false and unsubstantiated. Mr. Dasuki had also argued along that line.

Mr. Jonathan touched on the contract issue after he stated that he was aware of allegations of huge sums of money that were said to be missing from the Nigerian treasury, but he claimed that some of the figures mentioned are not believable. “Sometimes, I feel sad when people mention these figures,” he added.

Speaking pointedly about his successor, President Jonathan said, “When the President (Buhari) paid official visit to the US, there were some figures that were mentioned that I don’t believe.”

He drew attention to figures like the $150billion alleged to have been stolen in previous Nigerian administrations, but Mr. Jonathan scoffed at the probability of “$150 billion American money” being missing and “Americans will not know where it is,” adding that at any rate President Buhari did not accuse his administration.

“He didn’t say my government, he said previous administrations… “$150 billion is not 150 billion Naira,” he stated, suggesting that “People play politics with very serious issues.”

The former president was equally dismissive of people who alleged that the sum of $59.8 million was misappropriated within a 12-month period while he was in office.

“In Nigeria, if you lose $59.8 million in a year, federal and state governments will not pay salaries,” he said, adding that there is no way Nigerian budget can accommodate such a loss without the country coming to a standstill.

“Of course we brought international audit teams, forensic auditors and they didn’t see that,” he said.

The former President said he does not want to join issues with the new government, “I wanted to keep away from the public for at least twelve months.”

http://www.igberetvnews.com/35320

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by fhelihx(m): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ok
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by northvietnam(m): 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hokay
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Terabyteck(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
That's what we all should expect When you have an incompetent and inconclusive government, distracting the ignorant public from their incompetency.

How can $150Billion be missing and it's not traceable, how can $2Billion be said to be approved for arm purchase to fight Boko Haram.

What then should we expect when a Dullard is the Head.

12 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by braine(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Terabyteck:
That's what we all should expect When you have an incompetent and inconclusive government, distracting the ignorant public from their incompetency.

How can $150Billion be missing and it's not traceable, how can $2Billion be said to be approved for arm purchase to fight Boko Haram.

Your situation is pathetic. How come those they've been accusing haven't denied but you're the one denying the fact?

13 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by mcee1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Terabyteck:

Aint supposed to be ashamed that a Dullard is ruling you

5 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by asadike(f): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oh my dear ex president, why should i stop loving u? What a dignified response. No wonder they refuse to probe u. Ngwa Buhari and his zombies, over to u.

7 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by jimharry21(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have always thought that this man will achieve great things but PDP frustrated that Goodluck in Jonathan. I think it's still time for the Ebele in you to join hands with PMB to eliminate that cabal that destroyed your plans for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by skimarvel: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by ejiinii: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
He has prove what snailspeed said that the dasuki trial is propaganda and media trial

Tonyebaecanista and omenka you hear it from Jonathan himself that he did award any arm contract to dasuki

If Buhari is not witch hunting dasuki because of 1983 coup them take him to court on Monday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by ejiinii: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Don't be deceived by the media and efcc is just propaganda dasuki clearly deny those claim in court that's why efcc is afraid to take him to another court because they will be embarrassed

braine:

Your situation is pathetic. How come those they've been accusing haven't denied but you're the one denying the fact?

6 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by omenka(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
ejiinii:
He has prove what snailspeed said that the dasuki trial is propaganda and media trial

Tonyebaecanista and omenka you hear it from Jonathan himself that he did award any arm contract to dasuki

If Buhari is not witch hunting dasuki because of 1983 coup them take him to court on Monday
Stop trying too hard to be noticed.

That aside, let me give you an honest advice. There are three ways to become famous on this forum- I see fame is what you are desperately looking for.

1. You can become famous becoming incredibly dumb.

2. You can be by being very smart and making meaningful contributions to discussions.

3. By being incredibly controversial (albeit in a positive way).

It is your choice to make. Stop stalking members. Makes you look really pathetic.

I'm at the gym right now. Got time for everything and right now, you come nowhere close.

3 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
Terabyteck:

supo, and those who already confessed that they collected money just enjoy implicating themselves abi?

I hope you are not planning to procreate o.

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by ejiinii: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Don't be angry it's not about being famous it's just simple question I ask that demand simple answer

No offense bro don't be frustrated it's too early Buhari still have more time to rule we will keep asking basic questions

omenka:
Stop trying too hard to be noticed.

That aside, let me give you an honest advice. There are three ways to become famous on this forum- I see fame is what you are desperately looking for.

1. You can become famous becoming incredibly dumb.

2. You can be by being very smart and making meaningful contributions to discussions.

3. By being incredibly controversial (albeit in a positive way).

It is your choice to make. Stop stalking members. Makes you look really pathetic.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
ejiinii:

and Jonathan always speaks the truth right?

come here let me slap your brain from my phone here, we might get lucky and be able to jump start it.

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
jimharry21:
I have always thought that this man will achieve great things but PDP frustrated that Goodluck in Jonathan. I think it's still time for the Ebele in you to join hands with PMB to eliminate that cabal that destroyed your plans for Nigeria.

Yeah he has already achieved great things

1. he single handed destroyed his Mega party.

2. he single handed made Nigeria broke by patrolling our commonwealth to his cronies.

in case you don't know, gej IS the head of the cabal.

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by LRNZH(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
Does this not make Jonathan a big coward?

Evidence has been shown and even the accused have admitted to sharing money.

So if its not arms money then it has to be oil or power money etc. It is government money all the same.

Who was the head of government then. Retardeen GEJ.
They still stole and shared government money for elections. This is the best he can say after the monumental stealing?

What is his point? Shior.

Thank God we voted this mumu out of power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Trapping(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
braine:

Ode, which of those arrested has accepted culpability? You guys keep making things up and peddling rumors. No money is missing, Buhari is just using your 1naira brain to cover his ineptitude.

4 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by ejiinii: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ioannes:

and Jonathan always speaks the truth right?

come here let me slap your brain from my phone here, we might get lucky and be able to jump start it.

Abeg send me the slap jor angry grin
Apc can't rule Nigerians with propaganda we will expose them

4 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Mtcheew.... Jonathan should either come out or stuff it!
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by MrALIVE: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
braine:

that guy does not deserve your reply..he must be living in jupiter
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
asadike:
Oh my dear ex president, why should i stop loving u? What a dignified response. No wonder they refuse to probe u. Ngwa Buhari and his zombies, over to u.

dear ostrich, if you keep your head buried in the sand for a while longer, you might just be able to grow a sense. keep it up.
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by MrALIVE: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Trapping:

Ode, which of those arrested has accepted culpability? You guys keep making things up and peddling rumors. No money is missing, Buhari is just using your 1naira brain to cover his ineptitude.
are you for real? It is on record that all those arrested never denied receiving money..where are you from sef?
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
mcee1:
Aint supposed to be ashamed that a Dullard is ruling you

and the bowler hat wearing dumbo from otuoke ruled well abi?

That's why we are exposing massive theft of public money left right and center.

you guys are just pathetic. I can't believe people can be so dense. for the life of me.
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by asadike(f): 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ioannes:

dear ostrich, if you keep your head buried in the sand for a while longer, you might just be able to grow a sense. keep it up.
Go to hell. Some people dont have their own opinion, all they do is quote others. olodo

2 Likes

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by agabusta: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is a stale news. This igbere sef
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Jaideyone(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ioannes:

supo, and those who already confessed that they collected money just enjoy implicating themselves abi?

I hope you are not planning to procreate o.
lol @ procreation

wicked punch line grin

1 Like

Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by tsdarkside(m): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
jonathan....................how could this happen under watch as commander-in-chief??....

and why is this information coming out after the elections......

why didnt you raise the alarm!!!!!??....

make una see trouble....fee dee fee nearly decapitated our army.....what the hell are we going to do if someone attacks us??.......

do we realy want to risk that,and flee hellters-skelters in all parts of the world??,,,like yugoslavia,libya,syria??..
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
asadike:

asa dike bia nyetum ibongi! grin
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by asadike(f): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
kaycii1:

lol. o nri ndi nze.
Re: $2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan by asadike(f): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
kaycii1:

lol. o nri ndi nze.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omojuwa Takes The Buhari Led Federal Govt. To The Cleaners / Dino Melaye Shares Ongoing Road Project See Peoples' Reactions / CNN; What President Buhari Told Amanpour About Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.