Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih (25399 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Scandal: Jonathan Won’t Testify For Dasuki, Say Sources / Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari / Goodluck Jonathan Still 'President" In Bayelsa State... See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by myners007: 3:36am On Jan 17, 2016
FORMER chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih has revealed that the N260 million paid to him by the office of the former national security adviser, Col Sambo Dasuki (retd) was on the instruction of former president Good­luck Jonathan.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is currently probing the $2.1 billion arms contract scandal involving the ex-NSA boss, Dasuki.

The former NSA is alleged to have shared the money meant for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency to boost the reelection of former President Goodluck Jonathan in the March 28, 2015 presiden­tial election.

Some prominent PDP leaders and pol­iticians including Anenih were named as beneficiaries of the money.

However, a source at the EFCC said that Anenih in his letter to the commission stated that the N260 million paid to him by the NSA’s office was a refund of part of the N440 million he expended to execute assignments at the request former president Jonathan.

Another source close to the ex-PDP BoT chair said the for­mer president was yet to pay an outstanding N180 million owed to Anenih before he left office.

The EFCC source said Anenih in the letter claimed that though the refund of N260 mil­lion was made through the office of the former national security adviser, he did not give his ac­count numbers to the NSA office. Instead, he stated that he only provided his account details to the former president on request for a refund of the money spent on the campaign.

The PDP BoT chairman stated in the letter that he was not in a position to ask Jonathan how he was going to source the fund or through which office the refund was going to be made.

Giving a breakdown of how he spent N440 million on the campaign, Anenih in the letter submitted that he, on the in­struction ex-president Jonathan gave N25 million to the former deputy governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Mukhtar Shagari and N35 million to a delegation of local government leaders from Katsina State.

Besides, he said on the in­struction of the Jonathan, he led BoT members on a nationwide reconciliation tour, stressing that the money he spent on hiring pri­vate jet that flew them round the country was provided from his pocket and was also not refunded to him.

He further explained in the letter that he gave N63 million to a northern group led by elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai for mobilization and post-elec­tion peace advocacy in that part of the country, while N100 million was given to the National Chairman of the Social Demo­cratic Party (SDP), Chief Olu Falae, to enable the party to mobilize support and votes for Jonathan.

In the same vein, he told the EFCC that he gave N100 million to the Leader of Accord Party, Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja, to equally enable the party to back the candidacy of Jonathan. He said the total of the three disbursements amounted to N263 million, three million less of what the NSA’s office paid to him.

The trio of Yakassai, Falae and Ladoja had confirmed that they received the stated amounts from Anenih.

Washing his hands off the arms contract deals, Anenih said he knew nothing about the mon­ey. He told the anti-graft body that he made personal sacrifices to ensure that the candidate of his party won by accepting to use his personal money to pick some campaign bills, lamenting that he could not recover all the money he expended at the end of the day.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/arms-scandal-jonathan-still-owing-me-n18-0m-anenih/
Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by HtwoOw: 4:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Jonathan. Jonathan

Prison calls

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by arresa: 4:13am On Jan 17, 2016
Okonjo approved the money and gave it to Dasuki to disburse based on Jona's approval as the president even though both have zero authority approve or spend anything without the approval and consent of the National assembly.

Anenih::: GEJ gave me the money via Dasuki

Metuh::: GEJ gave me the money via Dasuki

....but jona is still insulting our intelligence by claiming no knowledge about the money and that he didn't award any contract when in fact this has nothing to do with contracts, but more about him stealing and sharing taxpayers money with his cronies..

How I wish this is happening in America. No way GEJ won't be in jail by now..

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by momentum85(m): 4:50am On Jan 17, 2016
GEJ lavished this amount of money for Northern Nigeria to support him and vote for him, at d end what happened? They collected d money and voted their choice. Let's expect more to be unveiled as regards to this arms deal.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by HungerBAD: 5:38am On Jan 17, 2016
Old Tortoise never dies.

It just hit me, as i am reading this story that this man use to be a Policeman and is well schooled on how to be very deceitful. But like every other deceits, it has an expiry date and Anenih's lies and deceits has just expired.

Usually, it is little crimes that bring big criminals down. As a Minister in Obasanjo's time, this man single-handedly stole Billions meant for the repairs and constructions of the Nigerian Roads, but nobody dared asked him anything as he was the PDP tin god/kingmaker/the most powerful man in Nigeria then.

Even the EFCC was scared of him.

But, it is this "SMALL" change that will eventually send him to jail.

You can not be more Royal than a Dasuki.

You can not be more connected than a Dasuki.

You Can not be more powerful than a Dasuki.

You can not be more NORTHERN than the direct descendant of Uthman Dan Fodio, a Dasuki too.

So, if Buhari can be dealing with a Dasuki for corruption, why is Anenih thinking he is Special?he probably did not get the memo from Buhari about a Corruption free Nigeria.

There are two ways Anenih can settle this.

(A) Return the money quietly and go to Jail.

(B)Return the money noisily and still go to Jail.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Raiders: 5:55am On Jan 17, 2016
GEJ should be arrested by EFCC

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06am On Jan 17, 2016
Yet Fayose says the $2.1 billion is a scam. He is not different from average wailer on this forum.

It's obvious Jonathan made available the said amount, not to fight Boko Haram, but to use it for election purpose. It's now clear why budgetary allocations and money for subsidy during election years under PDP were always on the increase.

Tufiakwa!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by wwwkaycom(m): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2016
lobatan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Aufbauh(m): 6:14am On Jan 17, 2016
Anenih has a point in his defense even though i cannot absolve him completely.
The principal culprit in the whole saga is the clueless father Christmas GEJ. The man who proclaimed hypocritically that his ambition is not worth the blood of anyone but turned out to spill the blood of innocent civilian and gallant military men in the North East by monetising their blood. Smh!

Na today? Award this, award that! And usually from insignificant and unheard of organisations. When no be Mandela! 
This is how low and cheap he can go just as he did during the election, looking for endorsements from right left centre, paying with our hard earned monies, dude is still at it. Hes busy paying for all the recognitions to save his face as the present govt reveals the scandals that went on during his regime.
Pls I will start taking those awards serious when they start making headlines in significant media houses and social platforms.
A man that could loot us dry and still smile like all is well is capable of anything. 
Stay strong for ur fans for now Oga Jona cos pretty soon u would be joining ur boys at EFCC.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 17, 2016
This is the reason Y I keep telling my friends that the FG doesn't listen to my advice.

As the Oracle of Obatala, if I say Tony Anenih should be given the Emmanuel Ifeajuna or Gideon Orkar's treatment, they will say I'm wicked.

This statement of Tony Anenih is a coup d'etat on our collective intelligence & national treasury. grin

Now, where are the “GEJ My Hero” and the “GEJ The Best President Ever” crew? May the Thunder of Shango featuring the Thunder of Amadioha collaborate & use you for electrocution experiment. grin

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Frank3n2(m): 6:17am On Jan 17, 2016
Corruption seems to be the ethics of the day during Jonathan's administration!! Well he needs to air his own part of the story sha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by omenka(m): 6:17am On Jan 17, 2016
arresa:
Okonjo approved the money and gave it to Dasuki to disburse based on Jona's approval as the president even though both have zero authority approve or spend anything without the approval and consent of the National assembly.

....but jona is still insulting our intelligence by claiming no knowledge about the money and that he didn't award any contract when in fact this has nothing to do with contracts, but more about him stealing and sharing taxpayers money with his cronies..

1 Like

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by omenka(m): 6:18am On Jan 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
Old Tortoise never dies.

It just hit me, as i am reading this story that this man use to be a Policeman and is well schooled on how to be very deceitful. But like every other deceits, it has an expiry date and Anenih's lies and deceits has just expired.

Usually, it is little crimes that bring big criminals down. As a Minister in Obasanjo's time, this man single-handedly stole Billions meant for the repairs and constructions of the Nigerian Roads, but nobody dared asked him anything as he was the PDP tin god/kingmaker/the most powerful man in Nigeria then.

Even the EFCC was scared of him.

But, it is this "SMALL" change that will eventually send him to jail.

You can not be more Royal than a Dasuki.

You can not be more connected than a Dasuki.

You Can not be more powerful than a Dasuki.

You can not be more NORTHERN than the direct descendant of Uthman Dan Fodio, a Dasuki too.

So, if Buhari can be dealing with a Dasuki for corruption, why is Anenih thinking he is Special?he probably did not get the memo from Buhari about a Corruption free Nigeria.

There are two ways Anenih can settle this.

(A) Return the money quietly and go to Jail.

(B)Return the money noisily and still go to Jail.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 17, 2016
Meanwhile some jobless folks are dying to defend these thievies. Let's see who will lose at the end if it's the corrupt politicians that will bribe their way to freedom or you that graduated 5 years ago and still cannot find a job.

The joke is on the blind masses !

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by modath(f): 6:30am On Jan 17, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Yet Fayose says the $2.1 billion is a scam. He is not different from average wailer on this forum.
It's obvious Jonathan made available the said amount, not to fight Boko Haram, but to use it for election purpose. It's now clear why budgetary allocations and money for subsidy during election years under PDP were always on the increase.
Tufiakwa!

May ye walk & never stumble, may your days be long..

Hero Fortunato never meant well for this nation, i will never ever deviate from my opinion that he is a clannish divisive & sectional monster who saw nothing in exploiting our differences, fueling them in order to gain sympathy for an undeserved second term...

I saw through the Mofo from day 1 & only supported him when Turai was messing him up!!

Hero whose main legacy is conceding after losing an election he watched people massacred for , Hero that can't point to one tangible thing he did for Otuoke & Bayelsa

Nothing of value that can be said to be his landmark achievement & his army of robots will say conceeding, he should have clinged & be gbagboed like he isn't known to be a spirit sipping weakling without will...

He will still lose the small recognition he has been purchasing from obscure organizations when the extent of damage he supervised is brought to light,

Let's keep meandering, we know the final destination.. Jail is too good for the Monster! Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde 2.0. sad

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by modath(f): 6:32am On Jan 17, 2016
Bluetooth2:

Meanwhile some jobless folks are dying to defend these thievies. Let's see who will lose at the end if it's the corrupt politicians that will bribe their way to freedom or you that graduated 5 years ago and still cannot find a job.

Not @ all, most people know the truth but some have decided to let their programmed hate by unscrupulous political jobbers for the President to teleguide their utterances, & the funniest thing of all is that these programmed ninny bots call people who get sense pass dem zombie....

One Ediot on this forum claimed the $2.1b is monster's security vote & can spend it as he so desires, shocked

That it is within his right to spend it on voter inducements & buying support.. if that is what he believes can return him to the seat that is apparently too big for him to handle!!

Some were born in 1992 & will come here to narrate PMB's antecedents like everything happened right before their very eyes, regurgitate programmed data like it is their personal thought process, people you'd wonder if their parents were even dating when he had his first stint smiley

Some people's brain have cotton wool , no substance!!

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by modath(f): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2016
BCISLTD:
angry I still don't get...why no send an invoice to PDP for a refund...and what happened to the 21 billion naira raised by pdp.
GEJ funded his Reelection bid from FG coffers.

See this my bros ooo grin cheesy

PDP didn't raise zilch, it was all smoke & mirrors.. cheesy

They can't even pay the company that staged their campaigns in all states the 360m (10m for every state) since they lost, cos ain't no dough nowhere!! grin

TonyeBarcanista:

Na which assignment wey Jonathan de give these people sef?

Good AM, no be to buy am vote as works & dividend of democracy to secure willing voters unflinching support nor dey nko? The guy bin use wetin e see try get wetin e need ni oo! wetin else? cheesy

Unfortunately God pass am!! Dat ya kinsman na evil lurking behind humble mien!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Pidggin(f): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2016
On going EFCC/Buhari media trial

3 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by BCISLTD: 7:24am On Jan 17, 2016
angry I still don't get...why no send an invoice to PDP for a refund...and what happened to the 21 billion naira raised by pdp.

GEJ funded his Reelection bid from FG coffers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2016
Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2016
However, a source at the EFCC said that Anenih in his letter to the commission stated that the N260 million paid to him by the NSA’s office was a refund of part of the N440 million he expended to execute assignments at the request former president Jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 17, 2016
modath:

Not @ all, most people know the truth but some have decided to let their programmed hate by unscrupulous political jobbers for the President to teleguide their utterances, & the funniest thing of all is that these programmed ninny bots call people who get sense pass dem zombie....

One Ediot on this forum claimed the $2.1b is monster's security vote & can spend it as he so desires, shocked

That it is within his right to spend it on voter inducements & buying support.. if that is what he believes can return him to the seat that is apparently too big for him to handle!!

Some were born in 1992 & will come here to narrate PMB's antecedents like everything happened right before their very eyes, regurgitate programmed data like it is their personal thought process, people you'd wonder if their parents were even dating when he had his first stint smiley

Some people's brain have cotton wool , no substance!!

@Modath - Pls send me your picture. I want to hang it on my wall. grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by teadrake(m): 7:48am On Jan 17, 2016
Where are those wailers defending impunity with their pathetic analysis of propagating propaganda of the said fund?While,GEJ is been celebrated by some idiotic mofo abroad, revelations of the order he gave keeps hopping in.
My questions is, If GEJ claimed he didn't award any contract worth $2.1 billion,is he trying to tell the populace that the distributed fund by DASUKI is from elsewhere?
And for those calling the DASUKIGATE a propaganda, they must equally be aware of the source of the Xmas bonanza DASUKI got himself involved in or at least give suggestions

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by BCISLTD: 8:01am On Jan 17, 2016
modath:

See this my bros ooo grin cheesy

PDP didn't raise zilch, it was all smoke & mirrors.. cheesy

They can't even pay the company that staged their campaigns in all states the 360m (10m for every state) since they lost, cos ain't no dough nowhere!! grin

I bow oooo.....can u just imagine

Good AM, no be to buy am vote as works & dividend of democracy to secure willing voters unflinching support nor dey nko? The guy bin use wetin e see try get wetin e need ni oo! wetin else? cheesy

Unfortunately God pass am!! Dat ya kinsman na evil lurking behind humble mien!

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by dridowu: 8:14am On Jan 17, 2016
I still don't understand how NSA office was turned to father xmas during Jonathan Tenure. No wonder late Andrew Azazi said PDP is Boko Haram, Boko Haram is PDP. They intentionally created this evil group in order to enrich themselves at the expenses of innocent citizen. Whoever said #Dasukigate is a scam must have benefit from it. But if no one convicted from this scandal then PMB anti-corruption crusade must be false then.

GBN

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by modath(f): 8:17am On Jan 17, 2016
Akathriel:

@Mo..dath - Pls send me your picture. I want to hang it on my wall. grin

Ayam coming, make i go call mai foto.. cheesy

Cc Anonimi , can we get a foto ova hia? wink

Mynd44 , lalasticlala ...

7 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by drss(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2016
Bluetooth2:

hahahahhahahaha nigerians been served like sheeps. i no blame una because na wetin una wan hear be dat. d govt is using dis lies to distract u from d eminent collaspe of d country ocassioned by their own uselessness. by d time d so called arms deal investigation is ova, pipul will start stoning buari. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by docadams: 8:29am On Jan 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Hmmmmmmm.
I no know! Seriously, Jonathan needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation. The sooner the better. A man with such proclivity to this insane level of corruption is bound to harbour other queer characteristics.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by themilanway(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2016
Pidggin:
On going EFCC/Buhari media trial

Must you display your stupidity always?

8 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:36am On Jan 17, 2016
I think he was a puppet in power
docadams:

Hmmmmmmm.
I no know! Seriously, Jonathan needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

5 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by patrickmuf(m): 8:46am On Jan 17, 2016
I always knew GEJ was a failure, the first time i saw him, i saw a weakling...If he doesn't face the law, then i have every reason to believe the war against corruption is a sham...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Jonathan Still Owing Me N180m –Anenih by disloman(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2016
arresa:

na only him kind go believe such story.Make him gather all his awards now cos soon e go be the most awarded president to go to prison in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DPR Turns Santa Claus In Ogun, Offers Free Petrol / Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer / Elections: UK threatens Nigerian politicians with visa ban, asset forfeiture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.