Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? (4859 Views)

Odunlade Adekola In Class With His Coursemates In University Of Lagos (Photo) / Odunlade Adekola And Biodun Okeowo Pictured / Odunlade Adekola With The Tallest Man In Lagos [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 17, 2016
Nollywood top stars Odunlade Adekola and Femi Adebayo has been in the movie industry for many years and has bagged several awards respectively. Both movie thespian has paid their dues in the movie industry and are basking in the success of their career.
This issue of the above thespians has generated much discourse and argument among their various fans as to which of them is the best actor.

Odunlade Adekola:

The bone of contention has been whether Odunlade is better than Femi? For two years on a stretch, Odunlade has been bagging the best actor award. The Nollywood thespian began his career from Abeokuta with a group called John Babs about 17 years ago was shot into limelight when he featured in late Ahmed Alasari’s movie Asiri Gomina Wa in 2003, and on this he rode.
In 2007, Odunlade was able to prove to Nigerians that he is an actor that cannot be waved aside and in 2009, at the maiden edition of City People Entertainment Awards, he clinched the best actor award which he received again in 2010. As if confirming his acceptance by the viewing populace, Globacom made him one of their brand ambassadors and that explains the touch of green on his outfits. Odunlade has gone beyond being an actor as he is also a movie producer and a music artist. However, the father of four believes this is his time as he is ready to seize the opportunity and maximize it.
Femi Adebayo:

Born into the family of thespians, Femi Adebayo grew up knowing his father as an actor, so his choosing acting as a career was not a surprise. The only surprise in his own case is the fact that he is a qualified lawyer, practiced law for a while before he dropped the gown and the wig ion pursuit of his movie career. Femi Adebayo hit limelight when he was very young in Tade Ogidan’s movie, Owoblow. Many have believed that Femi’s sudden rise to fame in the industry can be linked to the fact that his father is a big name in the movie industry which has opened many doors for him.
The argument has therefore been that while the likes of Odunlade were struggling to get a role, all Femi needs was a word from his father to the producer, and he will get a role. Femi candidly agreed sometimes ago to the fact that the name Oga Bello or Adebayo Salami has helped opened so many doors for him, adding that if he is not good at what he does nobody would want to reckon with him even if his father recommends him. In other words, his father’s name did open doors for him sometimes, but did not keep him there but his hard work did. Another relationship that helped boost Femi’s career was the one he had with fellow law graduate who also found herself in the Yoruba movie industry, Funke Akindele. It was while with Funke that many believed Femi got the break that brought him to limelight. Aside being an actor, the father of two lovely daughters is also a movie producer while his brother, Tope Adebayo directs his movies.
However, Femi Adebayo took over the baton of best actor from Odunlade two years ago as he was also named same year edition of City People Entertainment Awards.

Many believed that Odunlade is more of a spontaneous actor who can take up any role at any given time. He is by nature a hyperactive person and as such very good at roles that entails much activity. Femi Adebayo on the other hand is a cool person that reflects on his role interpretation as the maturity touch is always attached to it.

In recent times, both are trying to showcase their creativity in comedy movies. Odunlade has been known to be a good comic actor; this he started with his role in the movie Beru ba Joba many years back and he has been able to build on it, he has also tried gangster roles and fitted in perfectly. Femi on the other hand is always calm when interpreting roles; he recently tried his hand in a comic role in his movie, Jelili which has fetched him an award.
In relation to education, there are some roles which Femi is better in than Odunlade. Odun is also a good singer as he does all the sound tracks in his movies having grown up in the church. But the ultimate question remains, who between these two are a better actor?

Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Bayusity(m): 8:30am On Jan 17, 2016
V
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Kjking(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2016
Like say I dey watch Yoruba movies..
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Ussyyn(m): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2016
ok
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by menabae(f): 8:40am On Jan 17, 2016
Both are good,buh mehn I give it odunlade,the guy knws how to interpret any role better and he also get bad mouth chai

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Evadamsel(f): 8:48am On Jan 17, 2016
can't rili choose btw dem cus d both of dem r rili spectacular in their field...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Afrok(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2016
It's just like comparing C. Ronaldo and Messi, both are good but Messi has won Ballon d'or more than C.Ronaldo which invariably means Messi is better and the best.

Oya relate my first paragraph to the question Op, I hope with my point above I've been able to convince and not confuse u that Odunlade Adekola is a better actor than Femi Adebayo.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2016
both have amala in their heads
none is better
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by eluquenson(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2016
Both actors are good, but I still prefer Odunlade just for his role in Agbejoro movie. Femi Adebayo is also good but not as good as Odunlade. What I hate about Odunlade is fetish role, I believe that's him in reality......Ogun po
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2016
Afrok:
It's just like comparing C. Ronaldo and Messi, both are good but Messi has won Ballon d'or more than C.Ronaldo which invariably means Messi is better and the best.

Oya relate my first paragraph to the question Op, I hope with my point above I've been able to convince and not confuse u that Odunlade Adekola is a better actor than Femi Adebayo.

Hmmmm....issokay
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by cruzita(f): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2016
I don't watch Yoruba films
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by mofy1(f): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
As in Odunlade good. All u need to do is to feature him and I promise to watch it.
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by skup008(m): 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
like them both. they both doing well in the industry.
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by bossoflife(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
They are both better www.adezlovedoctor..com
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by DzTzl(f): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Femi anytime, he interprets his roles well, very diverse and versatile esp wv comics, odunlade too is very good, but he hs bn playing d same roles often in recent times (armed robber). above all Yomi Fash Lanso is my G, loves his personality outside d movie industry (instagram & his blog) & d fact dt he s a lover of Indigenous Yoruba culture
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by stephenqueen: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
They are both good but I prefer odunlade
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by laurel03(m): 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
#teamOdunlade
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Bukaiske: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Femi all d way.......Odun is also good but I prefer Femi
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Bukaiske: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
DzTzl:
Femi anytime, he interprets his roles well, very diverse and versatile esp wv comics, odunlade too is very good, but he hs bn playing d same roles often in recent times (armed robber). above all Yomi Fash Lanso is my G, loves his personality outside d movie industry (instagram & his blog) & d fact dt he s a lover of Indigenous Yoruba culture
You get it right......
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Odunlade is better.. But they are both good actors.. But i prefer odunlade... Very funny guy with comic face in most of his acts.. grin..that face and eyes is priceless when he starts his wahala.
Lol. cheesy
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by lwise(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
If you really want to know how good Femi is,please watch Sonto alapata.
You will so much believe it's happening right in front of you.
I respect him much after watching it.

Femi anytime any day.

Bros odunlade too dey forget his lines these days with unnecessary totology.
He over stretches his roles at times.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Baba suwe cheesy
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by sholatem(f): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Both are good at their roles,sharing d same date of birth,but I wil stil give it to Kola,he can interprete script lyk kilode cheesy
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Do2dtun(m): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Odunlade anytime anyday no disrepect to femi he is also a good actor
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by Larrey(f): 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Both of them can act very well
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by madan(f): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
There's no point arguing over this. Watch Aya mi owon by Mide Martins and you'll know Femi rocks it better than Odulade.
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by blesoh(f): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
I dont watch yoruba movies i no get eyes to stretch to see wetin dem d talk.
But i ve watched femi in 'ladies gang' alongside funke,mercy johnson and d rest and he played very well.
Re: Who Is Better Between Odunlade Adekola & Femi Adebayo? by nikkypearl(f): 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
To every onw typing "idont watch yoruba films"
Abeg take a look @ d pics above and just tell us who u like naa grin

(1) (Reply)

Empire’s Cookie Lyon Is So Addicted To Wizkid, See What She Did / Is This The First Lady Of America What!!! "See Nude Photos Of Her" / Ini Edo Cries To God To Bless Her With Children .... (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.