Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) (29855 Views)

17-Year-Old Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Emeka Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In Epsom College / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by t2luv1: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Sasuwa:
if man can see future, this men should have being dismissed from the army before the calamity, division and unpartriotiscm they cause this nation

Are you sure about that. I tend to like people that have balls that will fight for what whatever they believe in. To me Ojukwu fits that bill. Wish we have 100 like him. Hey thats just my opinion. All the present leaders right now in the SE are a joke, They dont care a rat azz about the people, all the care about is running to Abuja holding their balls in their hand asking for allocations.
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by mensdept: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool Picture.

But as a Niger Deltan, let me talk about the person in the Picture that concerns me.

David Ejoor.

Just like Goodluck Jonathan, David Ejoor had the opportunity to raise the profile of the old Mid West(Niger Delta Now) to he highest level in Nigeria, but what did he do?at the sound of Gun shoot, he paddled a Bicycle through many cities and towns to run away, leaving his Soldiers behind,

In my definition that is Cowardice.

And just like Goodluck Jonathan, he disgraced us.

And that is why, even if he is alive, not as celebrated as Benjamin Adekunle(Black Scorpion), Isaac Adaka Boro, Olusegun Obasanjo and all other War Heros.

I won't say GEJ disgraced anyone simply because some people in his admin were thieves and an entire region destabilized his government. But for Ejoor, he had the opportunity to join and fight with similar people who had similar culture so that Black people at least in one part of Africa could be free of the British mess and exploitation, but cowarded out. That is why till today, no Midwest or Easterner is considered fit to be President, can be jailed anyhow, can be removed from business position or government position anyhow, and the Fulani and their Yoruba allies continue to make easy money.

1 Like

Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by T8ksy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool Picture.

But as a Niger Deltan, let me talk about the person in the Picture that concerns me.

David Ejoor.

Just like Goodluck Jonathan, David Ejoor had the opportunity to raise the profile of the old Mid West(Niger Delta Now) to he highest level in Nigeria, but what did he do?at the sound of Gun shoot, he paddled a Bicycle through many cities and towns to run away, leaving his Soldiers behind,

And that is why, even if he is alive, not as celebrated as Benjamin Adekunle(Black Scorpion), Isaac Adaka Boro, Olusegun Obasanjo and all other War Heros.

Considering the fact that the 4th Area Command in the Mid-west under Lt. Col Ejoor was ethnically lopsided, it will be wrong to accuse him of cowardice. He had requested for the federal govt to provide his region with weapons to defend itself instead of doing so secretly like the North and the East were doing at the time.

He had prior to this time, prevented a private group led by Mr. Yon DaKolo and Lt. Col. Mike Okwechime from importing weapons to Benin. Thereafter, a minuscule amount of weapons was sent to Benin to beef up the 20 odd Mark 4 rifles held by the 300 soldiers. Three keys were subsequently made to the armoury which were held by 2 mid-west ibo officers (Lt. Cols. Conrad Nwawo and Sylvanus Nwajei) and a third by Maj. Sam Ogbemudia(Bini-Edo).

In fact, Ejoor was not in support of Ojukwu’s secession agenda and he reiterated this at a public commitment on June 18 in asaba, that the Midwest would not be turned into a battlefield between the East and the North. He also got the assurance of Ojukwu that he would honour this agreement but on August 9, 1967, Ojukwu invaded the region with a motorized rifle brigade consisting of 3000 Biafran soldiers and militiamen, under the command of Lt. Col. ["Brigadier"] Victor Banjo.

In fact, without the knowledge of Banjo, Ojukwu had tasked a Midwest Ibo officer Lt. Col. Ochei to attack the Government house in Benin and capture the Governor dead or alive.

Ejoor was only saved by Major Ogbemudia who a day prior to the biafran invasion had had the grace of mind to change the guard detail on duty and they been not privy to the assault resisted hence providing Ejoor the time to effect his escape.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by xtervaganza(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
See as ojukwu ugly like gorilla

Him mouth like ijimere orangutan own.

And some bastards never do well son of a wh0re will say Obj is ugly

Awon omo ale
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by stynhaq(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool Picture.

David Ejoor.

You are right except that Mid-West isn't the same as Niger-Delta

Present day Rivers and Bayelsa were under eastern region.

Mid-West=BENin-DELta= Bendel=Edo,Delta

1 Like

Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by stynhaq(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
T8ksy:

Considering the fact that the 4th Area Command in the Mid-west under Lt. Col Ejoor was ethnically lopsided, it will be wrong to accuse him of cowardice. He had requested for the federal govt to provide his region with weapons to defend itself instead of doing so secretly like the North and the East were doing at the time.

He had prior to this time, prevented a private group led by Mr. Yon DaKolo and Lt. Col. Mike Okwechime from importing weapons to Benin. Thereafter, a minuscule amount of weapons was sent to Benin to beef up the 20 odd Mark 4 rifles held by the 300 soldiers. Three keys were subsequently made to the armoury which were held by 2 mid-west ibo officers (Lt. Cols. Conrad Nwawo and Sylvanus Nwajei) and a third by Maj. Sam Ogbemudia(Bini-Edo).

In fact, Ejoor was not in support of Ojukwu’s secession agenda and he reiterated this at a public commitment on June 18 in asaba, that the Midwest would not be turned into a battlefield between the East and the North. He also got the assurance of Ojukwu that he would honour this agreement but on August 9, 1967, Ojukwu invaded the region with a motorized rifle brigade consisting of 3000 Biafran soldiers and militiamen, under the command of Lt. Col. ["Brigadier"] Victor Banjo.

In fact, without the knowledge of Banjo, Ojukwu had tasked a Midwest Ibo officer Lt. Col. Ochei to attack the Government house in Benin and capture the Governor dead or alive.

Ejoor was only saved by Major Ogbemudia who a day prior to the biafran invasion had had the grace of mind to change the guard detail on duty and they been not privy to the assault resisted hence providing Ejoor the time to effect his escape.

Nice one. You sound like a war historian
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by holums(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
Out of the five....... only one is still alive Maj. David Ejoor
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by manu1: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
jaybee:

That is the real cause for concern.
When I peruse the Nairaland and other social media forums, and analyze the level of thought reasoning and elocution of majority Nigerian youths, it just explain why the youth will not taste power, at least for now; just because they are not realistic, honest, serious, forward-looking, altruistic, and concerned about challenging and consequential national issues. By their words and actions, the youths seems comfortable with the status quo of being praise singers, unsolicited defenders of rogues and thieves in and out of power, garbage dumb of unrealistic/unworkable tribal/regional junk ideas, mental/intellectual/physical laziness, sycophancy, misplaced priorities.
I remember in 2006 when the famous IBB was asked at 65 why was he going after the presidency of Nigeria? His answer was epic and simple! He said because the youth have not demonstrated their readiness for leadership.
This is the scenario that gave PMB power in 2015. Why should PMB at 71 defeat gej age 57?
Look at all the youthful governors and ministers in the recent dispensation, they have either refused to differentiate themselves or have even performed worse than the so-called old brigades.

in all honesty, without being immodest, there is still some long way to go for the Nigerian youths.

GBAM! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. LOST GENERATION.
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by slowice(m): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Education good sha.....observe that ojukwu is well dressed...his uniform well ironed...a proper soldier.

Collect maN grin grin grin
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by DerideGull(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool Picture.

David Ejoor.

Per the bolded, none of the jackass listed above was/is a war hero.
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by simondee93(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmm!great men indeed
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by T8ksy(m): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, none of the jackass listed above was/is a war hero.

What else would you say? We all know who your war hero is........the general that abandoned his men on the battlefield,

camouflaged like a transvestite whilst legging it like a thief in the night when he heard his fat obdurate flat head was about to be relieved of his

worthless gluttonous body by the approaching federal troops.
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by bolivnnaija: 3:51am On Jan 19, 2016
coolzeal:
What impact has the senile old men manufactured other than looting the common wealth of this nation?

Hope you guys know that you are still referring to the same people.
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by theDEVILisHERE: 4:45am On Jan 19, 2016
jonathanOz:
Some 50 years ago Nigeria was governed by young men. In this Jet age however, Nigeria is governed by grand pas. So unfair

This because the young so called Nigerians are useless and hopeless

They don't care about their future or that of their children
Re: Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) by kesses: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2016
This is one of the problems we have in this country. the youths aree even more tribalisic than the old ones. imagine someone like you handling the affairs of this country? Nigeria will rise again no matter what i believe.
ccoolitempa:
Ojuku has always been ugly o....looks just like a monkey.... cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Re-Arrested Suspects Linked To Dino Melaye After Escape (Photos) / Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman, 100,000 Dump PDP For APC In Kwara / High Court Sacks Margery Chuba-Okadigbo As APC Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.