Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

The Chronicles Of Everything( The One That Got Away) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chronicles Of Everything( The One That Got Away) (553 Views)

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / The Chronicles Of Corper Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chronicles Of Everything( The One That Got Away) by dafiidi(m): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2016
The first time our eyes met i stopped dead in my tracks. It was like peering in the eyes of medusa. Held spell bound, and could only be thrust into reality by the lure that lay beneath your gaze. After being stuck in a matrix, now i think am out of a maze.
The second time i met you, Twas pre-organized. I had sought you out, because the feeling was killing, i could almost break a bottle on a person's head and act like a tout.
A million words trickled from my brain to my mind, but i could only spit out one, "errrr...wasup?" i uttered stuttering, sweating in my palms and in my head i was reading the psalms.
Zero on confidence, but high on my will, a few more words stumbled out, not neglecting the fact that it was your aura that fueled my zest and zeal.
Damning the stories,i vowed to fight for you like a navy seal. It was said that i was another name on your infamous list,took a stroll through the courtyard and discovered that my haters are now serpents dissing with their signature hiss.
Nevertheless,you kept me on hold,it felt like i was making a call to my service provider. A few more wrong moves and the promise you made to yourself seemed to be both our compass and our divider.
Till you saw me with another did your walls crash down.The thought of us together, i carried around like the ark of the covenant whilst circling around your jericho.
And after that faithful afternoon,all i could think of was your voice and its echo. My mind was made up, and i ain't tlking about concealers, you had always been at the back of my mind , so i said to myself...no more shall i conceal her.
Then i broke it off with the other, because i knew i had to be with you. Then of course people would talk again,but i just let their words fall to the earth like dew...finally i had you,finally my heart could begin to love a-new.
So i thought....everything was perfect till distance snuck in on us, and time took its toll.Again and again we toiled, again and again we hit the ground without taking a roll.
What seemed like perfection, could only be detailed as a day dream or probably a pipe dream.The one that got away, out of my grasp....the one i should have held on tightly to is now Faraway!
Re: The Chronicles Of Everything( The One That Got Away) by ksstroud: 12:50am On Jan 18, 2016
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fragrances / How To Use The Letters 'CK' At The End. / Regretting Ijeoma, The One Who Moved On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.