Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January (17452 Views)

Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Fg January Salary 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by viviangist2: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2016
There was palpable excitement among Cross River State civil servants yesterday as Governor Ben Ayade kept his promise to pay January salary before the weekend.

All across the various ministries, departments and agencies, workers could be seen jubilating and discussing among themselves that the governor kept to his words to pay January salary before the weekend.

It would be recalled that the State Governor had directed on the 12th of January that salaries of workers in the state be paid on or before January 15th to cushion the effects of “January economic hardship”.

The Governor had given the directive when he paid an unscheduled visit to the state’s Land and Urban Development Ministry in Calabar, to ascertain the level of staff punctuality.

Governor Ayade who had given reasons for the early payment of salaries said the workers will be broke by now due to the yuletide expenditures. “We paid so early (15th) in December and so you should be broke by now and this is the time you need money to send the children back to school. I am also concerned about your welfare and well-being and that is why I am directing that the salaries for the month of January be paid between now and Friday.”

He stressed the need for workers to be disciplined and imbibe an industrial culture to achieve his administration’s plans to revolutionize the state industrially.

Expressing excitement that the governor has consistently kept his promise to pay salaries early, John Achu, a civil servant with the state ministry of agriculture said: “In fact, I could not believe it when I got the alert. I thought I was dreaming. Ayade is a God-sent redeemer to the people of Cross River state. “With what he is doing in the state Cross-Riverians are in for more juicy packages from our digital governor.”

Collaborating Achu’s position Mrs. Rita Okon of the Due Process and Price Intelligence Agency echoed: “God bless the hard working governor, God bless Prof. Ayade. Honestly I was wondering how I will pay my children school fees and take care of the home when one of my colleagues in the office started dancing after receiving an alert only to confirm Governor Ayade is a man of his words when she revealed that our salaries have been paid and showed us the alert only for mine to come in some minutes later. We had to organize a prayer session in our office for the governor. He must succeed and those fighting him for no reason will all fail in Jesus name. Ayade must complete his 8 years.” she added

Pastor Emma Ikwen of the state Internal Revenue Board on his part stated that this confirms the text I got from the governor’s Media Team (CSG) on Tuesday 12 January that his Excellency had directed that our salaries should be paid on or before January 15th. It is great this governor is keeping to his words he has clearly shown that workers’ welfare is of top priority to him and I want to assure him that we the workers in the state will not disappoint him and I also want to call on those fighting the governor unnecessarily should rather join him to make Cross River a better state rather than their continuous distraction. Ayade has clearly shown Cross River will be better under him after 8 years by the grace of God.

According to Christy Archibong of the Ministry of Works, “It was a very noisy session in our office today when salary alerts got to us. My colleagues started whistling and singing, praying for his Excellency. We have never seen this before we are very happy with Governor Ayade. It was only on Tuesday we got the message that our salaries will be paid before the week runs out and truly it happened. God bless Ayade.”

Workers in the state were paid their December salaries on the 15th. The development shows that Cross River state is the first state to have paid workers this year.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/jubilation-cross-river-civil-servants-receive-january-salary-15th/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by viviangist2: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by arewaempire: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2016
I see a bright political future for this guy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Nossa(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2016
cool
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Nossa(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2016
viviangist2:
Let OTHER GOVS' LEARN grin
try get small conscience nah!, see as you deny that bros him FTC

8 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by eyeview: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2016
It appears that the workers in PDP led states are faring better than their APC counterparts. Imo and Osun are busy sacking their owed workers. While states like Ekiti are paying, APC states like Edo are owing.
Why?

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by jamace(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Good.
Workers welfare should be the first priority of every governor.

I wonder what governors who owed their workers 5 months salary were doing as leaders?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Lanretoye(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2016
A stitch in time saves...no,a salary on time saves cross river's civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Emekamex(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2016
A welcomed development. Cross River especially Calabar has the potential to become a mega city, they are blessed with fertile lands and an access to the ocean. I do hope the state government will invest in the maritime and develop a functional port that will generate massive profit coupled with the already established tourist attractions and good land for agriculture.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2016
You mean December 2015 undecided

Oh i forgot that they paid on 15 December and its monthly circle is 15 January 2016.
Therefore, the next month salary would be paid on the 13 February 2016 so that they can celebrate "Valentine".
And the March salary would be paid on the 15th because of Lent and Easter preparations.

Nonsense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by lafex: 11:32am On Jan 18, 2016
I wish u keep getting the subsequent salaries on the 15th of every month also, if not u go hear am.....

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by olexjay(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2016
I hope they won't receive their February salary on the 28th of April sad

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Dagaya(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2016
this new generation pdp governors would do better than their apc counterparts..meanwhile somewhere in osun people are still crying...not be the same naija we dey??

13 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by WETCUNT: 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
RUSTED ROOOF REGIONS CAN NOT EVEN PAY THEIR WORKERS...... APART FROM NO MAN'S LAND

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Kangol99(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
grin grin[size=20pt]WOW!!![/size]
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by GEJmustGO(f): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
I think pdp in opposition are better than apc in opposition but apc in power are credible than pdp in power meanwhile [url=physics.sasuwa.info] free physics tutorial for university course, bookmark us[/url]
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by justmenoni: 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
But they will spend it lavishly still thinking it's their Xmas bonuses and then get broke again,paying them from the 20th is still fair enough than before the 15th...yeah 5 days is really a big deal.
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by StepTwo: 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
PROFESOR BENEDICT AYADE, i love this guy

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Whizkeey(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
H
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
Enugu is working, same with Ebonyi, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom...PDP!!

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Jamsonille00(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Huh!!!
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by idris4eva(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Best performing governor so far
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Enugu is working, same with Ebonyi, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom etc ...PDP!!

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
The cross river of our dream!
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by Benjom(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
That's a cheerful news to the workers.
Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by coolluk(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2016
cool

Glad to see pdp govnors doing well, only competition can lead to real change

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by pdpchangeapc(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2016
Abeg, is Cross River State in Nigeria? I think say Jonathan has taken all Nigeria money away so dat even Buhari no dey pay on time again.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers' January Salary Paid On 15th Of January by holyokoto(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2016
End Time salary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"How Can I Start A Wig And Hair Business?" / Kenya Airways Sacks 22 Of Its 26 Nigerian Workers / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.