Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,282 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar (38744 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN / Paylater.com: Are They Not Out To Get Our Bank Details... Just Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by brunofarad(m): 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Long thing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Akby(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
I weep...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by viktor01(m): 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sorry about that OP but here in Nigeria, 1USD = 1NAIRA Since our new President assumed power.

Which country did you say you are from again?
shocked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by saleskara: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
This could be due to the principle of seeking undue advantage of the inability of teh CBN to regulate how the dollar is managed by the banks and other institutions that buy dollar at the official rate.

The Central Bank needs to start monitoring the utilization of the forex allocated and publish weekly the list of all beneficiary banks and businesses.

This article says more about steps to fix the dollar to naira valuation http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy

Yet Emefiele devalued the currency twice in the twilight of Goodluck Jonathan’s administration. Then I decided to look into the merits and demerits of the approach by the CBN governor in keeping with the wishes of PMB that Naira should be strong.

How does he go about taming the hawks running after the chick (Naira)? No doubt some would gain from a devaluation of the Naira against the USD while others would lose.

Why devalue the Naira? The most common arguments are the forces of demand and supply. Many authors claim that the supply of the dollar is too low due to crude oil prices and our ability to build our foreign reserves when the crude oil prices were as high as $140.

So the story keeps going on around the supply side of the equation with little or no consideration for the demand side.

So what is happening on the demand side?

The demand for US dollar in Nigeria is putting pressure on the Naira and our foreign reserves, thereby depleting the reserves faster than we are able to replenish it.

So the CBN decided to reduce its supply of forex to the market by removing some items from the list of products eligible for funding through the official forex window also known as Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS).

Immediately this was announced the importers shifted to the Bureau De Change (BDC) for their dollar demand. So the demand advocates want to survive by relying on the BDCs and the BDCs saw a surge in demand with little supply causing the first major pressure that led to Naira selling at above N230 and the upward trend for dollar demand continues.

One interesting point in this period was that the demand started to drop as the appetite for imported goods started to drop but with minimal effect on the foreign reserves since the crude oil prices also kept dropping.

So CBN acted the second time by preventing banks from accepting dollar deposits, this resulted in the next supply shock and uncertainty in the parallel forex market pushing the USD to Naira rate to approximately N270. Does this mean that the demand for dollar would keep going up?

The most recent action by the CBN in January 2016 made the most recent jump to N300. My answer is Yes, every pronouncement by the CBN has only succeeded in fueling an increase in the demand of the dollar at the parallel market.

The reason for the decline is the anticipated official devaluation; every announcement shows the CBN is desperate to curb the demand. This action is a signal to rent seekers, prospective hoarders who feel they may need dollar anytime soon and currency speculators to continue to convert all spare naira cash to US dollars.

If I bought dollar when it was N220 and sell now that is N300 I don’t need to import to make a margin of N80 or 36% through the devaluation of the Naira at the Black Market.

Who is CBN selling the scarce dollars to? Why do some business men have a right to buy dollar at N197 (dollar subsidy) while every other business buys at N300. In recent times, many companies who buy dollar at official rate come to the market to claim that dollar is affecting them so they calculate sales based on N300.

CBN cannot control what the recipients of dollars at N197 do when the product gets to Nigeria. So the artificial demand for dollar and the traditional forex round tripping (where people buy at official rate, get some extra dollars at the official rate and sell the extra to the parallel market for profit)

CBN needs to introduce transparency by providing the details of all beneficiaries of the sale of USD N197 since May 29, 2015 for public scrutiny. This should show details of the purpose of the transactions.

What is happening at the supply side?

http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy

wealthprod:
i believe this is a topic we nigeria must treat seriously or else the bank are going to be taking us for a ride.
imagine Cbn selling dollar to the bank at the rate of 199 per dollar while bank in return will charge us at the rate of 301 or 300 per dollar when using your debit card to make transaction online

Nigeria let wake up and take this topic seriously because bank are not BDC but institution and they keep milking us this way
The best solution to this is to cry out and let the Cbn know what is happening so that the bank can be sanction for this

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by anonimi: 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Because Buhari has allowed them to CORRUPTLY enrich themselves at the expense of the people and the economy. embarassed embarassed
That is what a dumb, daft and dull Confused One does.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3119840_3086701funnyjpeg9aeb2b686522cfbdad09180eab0db45e_jpeg77e052703f81538f8ab4b27ced5dfdc0

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

u think the CBN doesnt know this?
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
New naira notes with redecimalisation as objective

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by anonimi: 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
viktor01:
Sorry about that OP but here in Nigeria, 1USD = 1NAIRA Since our new President assumed power.

Which country did you say you are from again?
shocked

grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2403078_buharinairatodollarpromise_jpeg536f4a3346e6a689940c6ceb025c51a7

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by grandstar(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
wealthprod:
i believe this is a topic we nigeria must treat seriously or else the bank are going to be taking us for a ride.
imagine Cbn selling dollar to the bank at the rate of 199 per dollar while bank in return will charge us at the rate of 301 or 300 per dollar when using your debit card to make transaction online

Nigeria let wake up and take this topic seriously because bank are not BDC but institution and they keep milking us this way
The best solution to this is to cry out and let the Cbn know what is happening so that the bank can be sanction for this

Its because the CBN refuses to devalue the currency at the official market.

This has led to excess demand at the official market which obviously can't be met and the unmet demand is now going to the parallel whiich has led to the massive divergence.

The CBN does not supply the banks sufficient dollars so the banks depend on the parallel market for funds.

Blame the CBN. Soludo and Sanusi have both condemned the statist policies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by kings09(m): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
Na today? Nig has no system in place. If na 2 collect stamp duty or anythn dat reap off poor Nigerians, they will implement fast fast
wealthprod:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by deebsman1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
the 1 that is paining me the most na that 50 naira bank stamp or something........exploitation of d citizenry everywhere angry sad
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by ebenco2000: 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
Bevista:
I am not sure the CBN sells dollars directly to banks arbitrarily.
---
The dollars allocated to DMBs are based on customer requirements which the banks will have to show evidence to the CBN. Such requirements include approved LCs, BTA, Medical bills, school fees, etc. So, all dollars given to banks already have pre-determined purposes.
---
The bank is most likely sourcing extra dollars from independent & unconventional sources and will transfer this cost to the customer. If they do not do what they are doing now, then you may not even be able to use your cards for international payments because the banks won't have dollars to clear that transaction. Maybe then you will be begging to pay N350.
---
The major problem I see here is when the banks are buying dollars from customers. They pay less than N197 and yet will sell that same dollars to another customer at N285. As long as the huge divergence exist between the official and black market rates, this arbitrage will continue.
---
What the CBN needs to do is to devalue the official rate to anywhere between N230 - N250 and that will narrow the gap between the two markets. Pending that, the banks will continue their roundtripping and there's nothing you can do about it. Have you wondered why the CBN is not saying anything about the matter? Or do you think they are not aware?

this is correct , banks dont use CBN dollars to settle debit card payments, they source for that at the interbank market which is also very high now. Banks are not to be blamed.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by airsaylongcon: 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Really? Banks sell at N301? And the drunk Director at CBN Mr Tule was blasting that Channels presenter that she (and other journalist) should stop saying the exchange is N300 (at the time) that the only exchange rate is the official rate

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by grandstar(m): 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
saleskara:
This could be due to the principle of seeking undue advantage of the inability of teh CBN to regulate how the dollar is managed by the banks and other institutions that buy dollar at the official rate.

The Central Bank needs to start monitoring the utilization of the forex allocated and publish weekly the list of all beneficiary banks and businesses.

This article says more about steps to fix the dollar to naira valuation http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy

Yet Emefiele devalued the currency twice in the twilight of Goodluck Jonathan’s administration. Then I decided to look into the merits and demerits of the approach by the CBN governor in keeping with the wishes of PMB that Naira should be strong.

How does he go about taming the hawks running after the chick (Naira)? No doubt some would gain from a devaluation of the Naira against the USD while others would lose.

Why devalue the Naira? The most common arguments are the forces of demand and supply. Many authors claim that the supply of the dollar is too low due to crude oil prices and our ability to build our foreign reserves when the crude oil prices were as high as $140.

So the story keeps going on around the supply side of the equation with little or no consideration for the demand side.

So what is happening on the demand side?

The demand for US dollar in Nigeria is putting pressure on the Naira and our foreign reserves, thereby depleting the reserves faster than we are able to replenish it.

So the CBN decided to reduce its supply of forex to the market by removing some items from the list of products eligible for funding through the official forex window also known as Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS).

Immediately this was announced the importers shifted to the Bureau De Change (BDC) for their dollar demand. So the demand advocates want to survive by relying on the BDCs and the BDCs saw a surge in demand with little supply causing the first major pressure that led to Naira selling at above N230 and the upward trend for dollar demand continues.

One interesting point in this period was that the demand started to drop as the appetite for imported goods started to drop but with minimal effect on the foreign reserves since the crude oil prices also kept dropping.

So CBN acted the second time by preventing banks from accepting dollar deposits, this resulted in the next supply shock and uncertainty in the parallel forex market pushing the USD to Naira rate to approximately N270. Does this mean that the demand for dollar would keep going up?

The most recent action by the CBN in January 2016 made the most recent jump to N300. My answer is Yes, every pronouncement by the CBN has only succeeded in fueling an increase in the demand of the dollar at the parallel market.

The reason for the decline is the anticipated official devaluation; every announcement shows the CBN is desperate to curb the demand. This action is a signal to rent seekers, prospective hoarders who feel they may need dollar anytime soon and currency speculators to continue to convert all spare naira cash to US dollars.

If I bought dollar when it was N220 and sell now that is N300 I don’t need to import to make a margin of N80 or 36% through the devaluation of the Naira at the Black Market.

Who is CBN selling the scarce dollars to? Why do some business men have a right to buy dollar at N197 (dollar subsidy) while every other business buys at N300. In recent times, many companies who buy dollar at official rate come to the market to claim that dollar is affecting them so they calculate sales based on N300.

CBN cannot control what the recipients of dollars at N197 do when the product gets to Nigeria. So the artificial demand for dollar and the traditional forex round tripping (where people buy at official rate, get some extra dollars at the official rate and sell the extra to the parallel market for profit)

CBN needs to introduce transparency by providing the details of all beneficiaries of the sale of USD N197 since May 29, 2015 for public scrutiny. This should show details of the purpose of the transactions.

What is happening at the supply side?

http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy

The answer is a devaluation at the official rate.

The government has refused to devalue and that is what is causing the excess demand of 1.5bn a week.

Soludo and Sanusi have both condemned the doillar reestrictions. That was why JP Morgan delisted Nigeria.

The economy is in the hands of economics amateurs
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by mployer(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
The banks don't get their fx from cbn, so cbn has no say in their exchange rate.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
familierl:
I recently wrote about this issue on Ben Bruce facebook page, the banks are the major culprit of corruption. They are also responsible for the artificial rise in FX. How on earth would they be charging the same rates as the black market. Their must be a huge number of people benefiting from this lawless means. Its a shame! Nigerians should please condemn this act by the banks.
won't they make profits?
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by omolola15(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
veraponpo:
I do not think banks can do that because they are bound by BOFID/BOFIA. Because of the following reasons:

CBN sells at N197.

Banks do not sell at N301 rather it is BDC that does that.

There is inter-bank rates and that is within N198-201.

It is the parallel market that is selling above N300. There reason is because Nigeria as a country has very poor exporting ability. Our major export is crude oil and there is bad market for it now.

The demand and supply economics theory is working too. Demand for dollar is high and supply is low, therefore price is high.

I was charged close to 302 pet usd on Monday. I had to pay for a software online. I payed through my PayPal account. Almost 12 hours later I got an alert from first bank. When I saw how much that was deducted from my account, I had to use my calculator so as to be sure it's not my eyes and brain that was deceiving me. The op is absolutely right with his write up.

Something needs to be done.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by bedfordng(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
if the banks are not corrupt, why would they charge you high exchange rate but when there is refund, they give you official cbn rate. Immagine charging over 300 when making payment while they refund you 199 if there is any refund to customer. That is broad day light robery.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by wink2015(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
[size=18pt]What is the current exchange rate of the British Pound to the Nigerian Naira?[/size]
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by mohlanforex: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
Be Inform, Gtbank Master Card Charge Me 198 To Dollar. Try Gtbank Naira Master Card And Give Us Feedback. I Use It To Fund My Forex And Binary Account.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by excelbeing099(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
I doubt if Nigeria can overcome corruption
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by saleskara: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
this is a paper that recommends steps the CBN shoudl take to avoid pain on the masses but ensure order in the forex market by introducing the inter bank forex market were the prices are deregulated http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy
the steps are below
CBN needs to unlock the supply side of the foreign currency and this may happen in many ways. My recommended approach is the creation of a multi-tier foreign exchange market.

Retain the existing official exchange rate for only special government projects and place a limit of the availability based on authorized budget needs for foreign debt servicing ad payment for existing dollar denominated transactions and funding of the petroleum imports (excluding diesel and kerosene). The reason for keeping this official rate is to control the price of imported petrol which usually leads to inflation whenever a price increase in announced.
Create the Interbank foreign exchange market with autonomous suppliers of the foreign currency. This would allow the forces of demand and supply determine the price of the Naira at an unregulated market. The CBN cannot continue to defend the Naira because the US dollar has grown stronger against many international currencies such as the Great British Pound (GBP) that has lost over 4% of its value in January 2016 alone.
Boost local production capacity through power generation, establishment of new refineries reducing our need for importation of refined products and fertilizers, human capacity to reduce outflows due to need to seek medical attention overseas, pay software development companies when local developers can take care of most software needs, raw materials research and development, equipment fabrication and development of transport infrastructure.

Bevista:
---
The dollars allocated to DMBs are based on customer requirements which the banks will have to show evidence to the CBN. Such requirements include approved LCs, BTA, Medical bills, school fees, etc. So, all dollars given to banks already have pre-determined purposes.
---
The bank is most likely sourcing extra dollars from independent & unconventional sources and will transfer this cost to the customer. If they do not do what they are doing now, then you may not even be able to use your cards for international payments because the banks won't have dollars to clear that transaction. Maybe then you will be begging to pay N350.
---
The major problem I see here is when the banks are buying dollars from customers. They pay less than N197 and yet will sell that same dollars to another customer at N285. As long as the huge divergence exist between the official and black market rates, this arbitrage will continue.
---
What the CBN needs to do is to devalue the official rate to anywhere between N230 - N250 and that will narrow the gap between the two markets. Pending that, the banks will continue their roundtripping and there's nothing you can do about it. Have you wondered why the CBN is not saying anything about the matter? Or do you think they are not aware?
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by bubbleforth: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
Does this mean that they would sell to those who go for
Bevista:
LCs, BTA, Medical bills, school fees
at the official rate?
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by bedfordng(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
mployer:

The banks don't get their fx from cbn, so cbn has no say in their exchange rate.
then what would you say about banks refunding their customers the official cbn rate of 199 when they charged you over 300 when making payment. Is that not broad day light robery.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by doplove(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
veraponpo:
I do not think banks can do that because they are bound by BOFID/BOFIA. Because of the following reasons:

CBN sells at N197.

Banks do not sell at N301 rather it is BDC that does that.

There is inter-bank rates and that is within N198-201.

It is the parallel market that is selling above N300. There reason is because Nigeria as a country has very poor exporting ability. Our major export is crude oil and there is bad market for it now.

The demand and supply economics theory is working too. Demand for dollar is high and supply is low, therefore price is high.

Unfortunately, I have evidences to show you that the banks (I have accounts with FCMB and GTB) charge more than the blackmarket whenever I use my cards for foreign transactions. It bemoans my spirit that this practice is only obtained in Nigeria. In Angola, where I work, whenever you use their bank cards to do foreign transactions what you get is based on their central bank rates but, Nigeria is a different story. We need to escalate this to the consumer protection agency.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Intendy: 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
they want to discourage u from using dollar
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by lanreajax(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
Buy local.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by MabraO: 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
ican2020:
That is naija for you.
When GEJ was there, we called him weakling.
Today, we have GMB a fighter that has failed to call this corporate organization to order.
I am already searching for a leader that will protect our interest, because these past and present leaders have failed us BIG TIME.

So banks only started this wen buhari came into power abi?
Ur mumu no get photocopy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Demdem(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
ibe9ja:
FYI cbn is aware of that. Do u think the banks are foolish enough to dare Buhari after what he did to them regarding the adoption of single TSA? The more u look the less u see my brother. The only thing we can do is to pray for 2019 to come fast.

And what is wrong with the TSA?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Futureleader201(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
wealthprod:

@ Op. Are you just waking up now? There are many exploitation going on in this country. From PHCN ( Estimated bill, non removal of fixed charge they told us on radio etc) to BANK ( exorbitant Bank charges, sms charges, Bank exchange rate, new - Stamp charge undecided), From Government Recruitment exercise (Selling of 30 million forms and employing 100 persons), To Aviation ( If you are 40 minutes late before flight time, you have to pay to reschedule your flight but if your flight is delayed, you are not been compensated) . I can go on and on. The list is endless. Anyway, welcome to Zoo cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by busomma: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
I have been complaining about this for Longoing now. Am in Washington DC as I write this. I have money in my zenith bank account but it's very difficult assessing my money with any of the banks here in America & when am fortune sometimes, Zenith bank's exchange rate is N305/$. That's stealing cos CBN sells dollars to the banks at official rate. CBN should do something about it. Remember, BUHARI is in town.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by DoctorTim: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
---
---

Good afternoon Bro. U seem to know much about this so I'll have to ask you as you seem to be the most enlightened of the lot making comments here.
Please my sister is in Ohio and I'm tryn to pay her school fees though a part of it. About $4000.
What is the best way to get it paid at the CBN rate because I have one million naira for this purpose but if I pay at the BDC rate of 300 then I'll be a lot short of the 4k dollars but if I can get it at 199, I'll be able to even go beyond 4k dollars.
Please I'm new to this cos she's just gone there about 3 weeks ago. How do I get the best deal via a legit means to get this dollar exchanged at a minimal rate and get this fees sorted out?
Thanks and anticipating your response if you've got the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.