Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar (38737 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN / Paylater.com: Are They Not Out To Get Our Bank Details... Just Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by blym4real: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2016
cheesy
onatisi:
grin grin ok I no go talk again . Are u happy now cheesy
Now give me a smile grin
cheesy

Sorry if I sounded too hard.

We are cool.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by carpenter(m): 11:28am On Jan 23, 2016
blym4real:
cheesy cheesy

We are cool.

nah...you were just hard enough for us to get back on track. He is a cool guy...

Believe me we need actions like this...we don't want to do this most times but they are hard choices we have to make.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by blym4real: 11:32am On Jan 23, 2016
carpenter:

nah...you were just hard enough for us to get back on track. He is a cool guy...

Believe me we need actions like this...we don't want to do this most times but they are these hard choices we have to make.

Yea he is a cool guy. We learn from stuffs like this.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by onatisi(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2016
carpenter:

Believe me we need actions like this...we don't want to do this most times but they are these hard choices we have to make.
blym4real:
cheesy cheesy
We are cool.
carpenter:

grin
Bro we love you and are trying to get you out...which you now are.

It was nothing personal just business and information sharing. cheesy
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by onatisi(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2016
blym4real:

Yea he is a cool guy. We learn from stuffs like this.
I always advice on the rate exchange thread but ppl there don't pay attention.so I decided to siddon and look. I warned ppl in November and October about the dollars reaching 300naira to 1$ but many thought I was joking.the naira decline is bound to continue as long as oil prices keep falling . The devaluation of the naira is been kept as the last resort but not ruled out. The way forward is either to take business out of Nigeria or ppl start producing
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by blym4real: 11:47am On Jan 23, 2016
onatisi:
I always advice on the rate exchange thread but ppl there don't pay attention.so I decided to siddon and look. I warned ppl in November and October about the dollars reaching 300naira to 1$ but many thought I was joking.the naira decline is bound to continue as long as oil prices keep falling . The devaluation of the naira is been kept as the last resort but not ruled out. The way forward is either to take business out of Nigeria or ppl start producing
producing is the right solution but it not easy in this economic situation to just dive into producing except one knows the market very well.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by osakajapan: 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Usually here in Japan ...for example if the exchange rate is 10dollar,if you want to buy they will sale to you around 15dollar because foreign exchange rate price can change any at any time and bank is not ready to lose money... But naija will use greediness to rob people there money.
Nigerian economy don't have value anymore because of foreign policy and we only depend on oil ,oil price is going down every day. Foreign investors have pulled there money from Nigeria economy because of the bad foreign policy and government.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by blym4real: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
AdeMoss:

It depends on what. But your bank should be able to assist
Still waiting for your response for the mail I sent.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Cul4real(m): 6:09am On Feb 03, 2016
mohlanforex:
Be Inform, Gtbank Master Card Charge Me 198 To Dollar. Try Gtbank Naira Master Card And Give Us Feedback. I Use It To Fund My Forex And Binary Account.
Please is charging on forex and binary different from charging on purchase online because i heard some guyz said GTBank charged them N295/1$ while purchased items online? I wish to fund my Binary account and that is why i am asking. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Swizdoe(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
The most annoying part of[ this whole issue is the instability.....

Since the banks no longer use the official rate, each one of them use different exchange rates that is not even stable i.e can change at any time.. I always e-mail gtb first to know their current exchange rate before making any transaction on my card but at the end of the day, they will still fleece me..
Anyone knows the current exchange rate of access bank
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by yvonne001(f): 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
embarassedEcobank must be crazy with their exhorbitant charge.After charging me at the rate of 305 naira to 1 dollar...they still charge for vat and pos transaction on each payment..I keep receiving debit alerts like recharge card.. What am i going to do?Somebody should advice pls
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by kunleawosika: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
You still dey use card buy dollar? Na form A people dey use pay school fees now o and if e no bi school fees people no dey take dollar play again o.
yvonne001:
embarassedEcobank must be crazy with their exhorbitant charge.After charging me at the rate of 305 naira to 1 dollar...they still charge for vat and pos transaction on each payment..I keep receiving debit alerts like recharge card.. What am i going to do?Somebody should advice pls
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Sumz: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
...CBN are to be blamed for this foreign exchange rate and not the banks...@yvonne001 its not only ecobank, my bank also did similar to me, its general issue which is to be solve by CBN but Finance Minister is currently working on a solution to it.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by neocortex: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
mohlanforex:
Be Inform, Gtbank Master Card Charge Me 198 To Dollar. Try Gtbank Naira Master Card And Give Us Feedback. I Use It To Fund My Forex And Binary Account.

What kind of mastercard Naira or dollar ?
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Cul4real(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
kunleawosika:
You still dey use card buy dollar? Na form A people dey use pay school fees now o and if e no bi school fees people no dey take dollar play again o.
Please kindly educate me on how to make use of “FORM A“ to make online payment or to fund forex account.
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by Oniovolee: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
dont mind the slowpoke, the banks are nothing but highway robbers
solibayo:

So because the greedy banks pay you about 300k per month means people should not talk again abi.....i think your brain dey enter pause wella

How do you ethically justify charging me around N300/$1 and refund me at N199/$1 on the same transaction....how?

And do you think if about N10M accounts are to be closed today, you would still have a job talk-less of to come up here and be spewing rubbish?

Am sure you know how much these banks make per month even just from SMS alert charges

Try and hide your stupidity bros
Re: Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar by okitejoseph: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
It will definitely go up, Naira is not a stable currency, it is currenctly at N365 and would likely go up, central bank doesnt control that...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alpari Nigeria Turning To Forextime Nigeria / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.