Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,814 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

#akwaibomispdp: ...before We Incur The Wrath Of God - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #akwaibomispdp: ...before We Incur The Wrath Of God (592 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Incur Fayose’s Wrath For Visiting ‘foe’ / NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / Apostle Johnson Suleman Warn Gov El Rufai Not To Incur The Wrath Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#akwaibomispdp: ...before We Incur The Wrath Of God by torobongekpo: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2016
#AKWAIBOMISPDP: …BEFORE WE INCUR THE WRATH OF GOD.

BY TOROBONG EKPO

I am aware that, the state publicity directorate of Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), will by tomorrow, 19th January embark on online conversation entitled, #Akwaibomispdp. I have also been made to understand that, zoning, the role of justice; equity and the state character in the political process are some of the topics scheduled for the tweet chat.

As a patriotic Akwa Ibomite, who have been monitoring the political dynamism and intrigues, since the creation of this state, it behooves on me to categorically state the truth and the obvious, no matter whose ox is gored. Judging from the topics, scheduled for discussion, if we allow those subject matters to stand, then the state chapter of Peoples’ Democratic Party as well as participants in the chat will be incurring the wrath of the almighty God.

Take for instance, the zoning quest. Anybody who talks about zoning in this dispensation is mocking the almighty God. Such person is also belittling the integrity of Obong Victor Attah and other Ibibio Chieftains, who after assessing problems; the minorities were going through decided to give them a voice by ensuring that, minority tribes ruled the state.

It was on that strength that, the erstwhile governor Attah, decided to zone the governorship seat to Annang dominated Local Government Areas, in Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, instead of the entire Senatorial District. Who was Godswill Akpabio that would have won the likes of Chief Bassey Inuaeyin and other Ibibio politicians from Ikono/Ini Federal Constituency, if the seat was zoned to the four federal constituencies that make up the district?

Zoning in Akwa Ibom State, was pursued based on tribe. It was left for Governor Akpabio, after the expiration of his tenure to have handed over power to Oro, Ibeno, Obolo or Ekid, so that, the Uyo Senatorial District could produce a deputy Governor, but his quest of becoming a senator won’t allow him.

Akpabio, terminated the principles of zoning, the day he appointed Pa. Moses Ekpo, as the Deputy Governor of the state. Initially, I was thinking of the wisdom behind appointing someone who is far older than the Paramount Ruler of Ibeno Local Government Area, as the Deputy Governor, on a second thought, I realized that, the slot was to settle Abak five thereby neglecting the divine arranged principle of zoning.

A true, divine and all embracing zoning, would have ensured that, Uyo Senatorial District serves as the Deputy Governor, but the powers that be silenced the truth and went on to neglect the core Ibibio district for sixteen years, without allowing them to produce not even a Deputy Governor. It was such inhumanity that prompted God to vex as could be seen in the judgment of the appellate court.

Prior to the election, Obong Umana Okon Umana, had said in different fora that, if Godswill Akpabio had zoned the seat to Oro nation or any other minority tribe, he wouldn’t have vie for the same seat, simply because he would have been convinced by the justice, equity and fair play in display. The Oro nation pleaded, Akpabio neglected to do their roads, talk less of giving them a seat. Some of their members in G22 prayed for God to touch Akpabio and allow Oro a slot in Hilltop Mansion, but God hardened the heart of King Akpabio.

In Ibibio adage, it is said that, “Ke owo isi itoko aban ikwa afang”, whoever sharpens knife used in cutting Afang leaf such person, according to Ibibio norms and practice deserves fair treatment. In this case, the Ibibios led by Obong Attah were the “Aban ikwa Afang”, they wanted the best for the state, hence, the reason why they said power should be zoned to the minority tribes. If power was zoned to minority tribes, don’t be cajoled, the current political tussle would have entered past tense. At least, everyone would have been satisfied by the principle, but Akpabio messed the whole thing up.

Having known that, our God is a very jealous God, it is incumbent on us, to know that, any discussion about zoning, will tantamount to incurring the heavy wrath of God.

Already, the appellate court ruling is a demonstration of God’s wrath, the Peoples’ Democratic Party, shouldn’t remind God of the curse he had nearly forgotten. Truth is, if we trigger God to anger by discussing the above topics in tomorrow’s online chat, we may spell doom for our political system.

Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is not a product of zoning as speculated in Ogogoro Joints, he is a product of adulterated and flawed PDP Primaries as well as rigged election as shown by the ruling of appellate court. Topics scheduled for discussion, is a product of fallacy of ad argumentium ignoranium.

I wouldn’t blame the organizers of the chat, because, as could be seen via the mover of Votes of Thanks during the Eket Senatorial District rally, it appears, almost all the founding fathers of PDP, have migrated to APC, thus, there is no one to educate them on why and how zoning was made. It is not possible for Bassey Nkanang to know the rudiment of zoning in PDP, nor, will it be easy for Nathan Ekaette to explain what zoning mean. They are what pundits will describe as Politicians-by-circumstance.

Is it possible for PDP to organize an online chat, where the State Chairman of PDP, Obong Paul Ekpo, is not on Facebook, talk less of owning a twitter account? Anyway, I could recall that, even Uwem Ita Etuk, didn’t have those accounts, so, it may be seen as the culture of PDP chairmen in the state.

In Akwa Ibom State, it is said that, PDP now has some would-have-been-politicians such as the likes of Nkanang, Nathan Ekaette among others, while the Andrew Uwantas, who supposed to inform them on the rules governing zoning are currently on political oblivion.

I wouldn’t want to talk about the negligence High Chief Andrew Uwanta is passing through, in a government he piloted, I however, wish to remind the governor, that the fierce grey hairs embedded on the head of Uwanta is a pointer to the fact that, the latter may be in the same age bracket with Pa Moses Ekpo, thus, what sauce is for goose should also be sauce for gander.

I beg to plead with the publicity directorate of PDP to change the various topics, as those topics will provoke the wrath of God on the party. God is not happy with the party and if such themes are discussed the glory of God may depart from the party.

Instead of discussing zoning, the role of justice, equity and state character in the political process, I want to plead that, we channel our energy in discussing what reality is.

We should rather talk about if Udom Gabriel Emmanuel was up to 2 years in PDP, before he was given ticket.
We should talk about how PDP duped Obong Umana Okon Umana, Obong Bassey Albert Akpan, Obong Ime Ekanem of 11Million Naira each and later zoned the governorship seat to Awa Iman in Eket Senatorial District.
We should deliberate on how Udom Emmanuel neglected his foot soldiers such as Itoro Umoh, Andrew Uwanta et al and in place appointed Nathan Ekaette as commissioner, while his wife’s biological brothers, Ubong and Samson Idiong were imposed as the Transition Chairman and S.A. to the Governor on Inter-ministerial and Direct labour committee respectively.
We should talk about how Udom Gabriel Emmanuel had to wait till 11th hour before he could dole out lopsided appointments to desperate youths as SAs and Pas respectively, with paltry sum of 250,000 and 150,000 naira respectively.

I have a conviction that, if we venture into the above brainstorming topics, God will be happy, but if we go on with zoning, believe you me, the wrath of God will be on the party and if care is not properly taken their nomenclature will change from Peoples’ Democratic Party, to ICHABOD.

Let’s do away with TomboTombo issues, let’s face realities. Also, let’s avoid God’s wrath in our doing please.
Re: #akwaibomispdp: ...before We Incur The Wrath Of God by Teddeebear: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
torobongekpo, just see all your topics, there are so empty, needless and baseless topics that is why you don't have comments on them.

send me pm, I'll help you get a job in state government media team

1 Like

Re: #akwaibomispdp: ...before We Incur The Wrath Of God by poiZon: 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Teddeebear:
torobongekpo, just see all your topics, there are so empty, needless and baseless topics that is why you don't have comments on them.

send me pm, I'll help you get a job in state government media team

mbok wam anye nnor, he needs it

(1) (Reply)

Shock: Baba Buhari Threatens Devil With Shoot At Site Order. / Nnamdi Kanu Denied Bail As Court Rules: / Who Created Boko Haram and Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.