Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,531 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh (924 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi / Bukola Saraki’s Assets Form Not Verified By EFCC , Says Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by iliyande(m): 10:22am On Jan 18, 2016
DETAINED spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has denied tearing his confessional papers and attempting to swallow them after interrogation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

According to a report, on Monday, Metuh made the denial when he was reached at the weekend by some members of the PDP in Kuje Prison, Abuja, where he is currently being remanded on the orders of the court.

It said the PDP National Publicity described the report as propaganda, saying that the last time he saw his interrogators was the second day after they picked him up from his residence.

It also said Metuh did not want to speak more on the matter because it was already in court but urged his visitors to inform Nigerians that he did not do what he had been reported to have done.

He was quoted as saying: "They said I ate paper. I did not eat any paper. I don’t know where they got that from. As a matter of fact, the last contact I had with those people was the next day after I was arrested when I told them to charge me to court."

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/27543
Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by Elosky20: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2016
iliyande:
DETAINED spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has denied tearing his confessional papers and attempting to swallow them after interrogation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

According to a report, on Monday, Metuh made the denial when he was reached at the weekend by some members of the PDP in Kuje Prison, Abuja, where he is currently being remanded on the orders of the court.

It said the PDP National Publicity described the report as propaganda, saying that the last time he saw his interrogators was the second day after they picked him up from his residence.

It also said Metuh did not want to speak more on the matter because it was already in court but urged his visitors to inform Nigerians that he did not do what he had been reported to have done.

He was quoted as saying: "They said I ate paper. I did not eat any paper. I don’t know where they got that from. As a matter of fact, the last contact I had with those people was the next day after I was arrested when I told them to charge me to court."

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/27543
bring back our yam pls

1 Like

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by NobleAngell(f): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2016
'...that he did not do what he had been reported to have done.' Wow! For a moment I thought you were referring to the loot, I was almost relieved for you. But I realize you are referring to the alleged paper-eating. That should be the least of your problems cos u have loads of them.
Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by Gerryboy(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2016
Two diferent story who re we 2 believe nw. EFCC or metuh
Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by rhymestech: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2016
Maybe he thinks the paper looks like yam grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by Firefire(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2016
APC and media propaganda. SMH undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by alcmene: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2016
If this country continues like this, I am afraid many will be renouncing their citizenship in the nearest future

For how long shall the citizens be fed with lies instead of the clean breast of matters

1 Like

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by cktheluckyman: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2016
APC and sahara reporters have mastered the art of telling lies to demean and demonize their political opponents!! All the useless EFFCC does is just to pick up APC's political opponents lock them up without trial and next thing their media outfits like sahara reporters,Punch,The nation would start feeding the nation dubious tales about the "confession" from the detainees!! We have heard all manners of "confession" from Dasuki yet the man pleaded not guilty in court!! What sort of government is this for christ's sake

2 Likes

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Gerryboy:
Two diferent story who re we 2 believe nw. EFCC or metuh

You're an Azerbaijan cuckoo for asking this useless question. If PDP could lie about raising 21Billion Naira for the 2015 re-election Campaign of Jonathan.

If Ngozi Okonjo Iweala could lie by reeling out fake economic statistics.

If the PDP criminals could lie to dismiss the missing $49Billion.

Then If your brain is not as dead as the brain of PEJ, you should be able to add 2 + 2 together, and figure out who's lying in this situation. Sorry, I meant no offense. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by DahomeyAmazon(f): 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
Firefire:
APC and media propaganda. SMH undecided
You can tell because you were present when it happen.
Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by cktheluckyman: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
lalaticlala why is this thread not yet on fp

1 Like

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by GodpunishBuhari: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: I Never Tore, Swallowed My Statement Paper With EFCC, Says Olisa Metuh by Pidggin(f): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
EFCC lying liars

(1) (Reply)

God Bless Our Nigerian Army / Tanzanian Woman Stripped Nake.d, Paraded, And Beaten Up By Indian Mob / See The Amazing Explanation And Advert FCMB Posted About The 50NAIRA Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.