Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai (1378 Views)

This Is The Only Reason They Want One Nigeria(by Force By Fire)(short Video) / Army To Round-up 25 Retired Officers Over Buratai Dubai Property / President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by ritzybaby(f): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2016
Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, said on Thursday 14th Jan 2016 that, starting from this year, more soldiers would be recruited into the nation’s army until the current personnel capacity is doubled by the year 2024.

Buratai said the army under his command is embarking on an ambitious expansion programme to address manpower needs of the force to respond appropriately to contemporary threats to national security.

The top soldier said the army plans to increase its personnel strength “from its present 100,000 strength force to slightly above 200,000 in the next eight years”.

Buratai who revealed this while delivering a lecture paper entitled “Nigerian Army: Challenges and Future Perspectives” at the National Defence College, Abuja,
According to him, 12,000 personnel would be recruited in 2016 alone to fill the vacancies created as a result of the new establishments in the army.

He said the army’s expansion programme was aimed at boosting its response capacity, stressing that its capabilities to effectively deal with its present challenges were however not in doubt.

Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai
General Buratai said at least 12,000 soldiers would be recruited and or enlisted into the Army this year, and the tempo would be sustained for the next eight years.

He added that the 12,000 personnel that would be recruited in 2016 alone are to fill the vacancies created as a result of the new establishments in the army in line with the ongoing army expansion programme.

He said the effort was aimed at “boosting the soldiers’ response capacity even as emphasized that the present capabilities of the existing personnel force to effectively deal with its present challenges are not in doubt.

The contemporary national security needs and Nigeria’s territorial size require more than the army presently has in terms of personnel strength.”

The army chief said in line with its expansion needs, the army had established two more divisions (Nigerian Army 8 and 6 Divisions) to be located in the northern part of Borno and the South-South region respectively.

Buratai said the establishment of the new divisions “is part of a strategic plan by the army to boost military operations against insurgents, particularly in areas around the Lake Chad Basin.

The new division would now make Borno state a host to two army divisons following the creation of the 7 Division Nigeria Army, Maiduguri in August 2013, to tackle the then rising Boko Haram insurgency in the northeast.
“We have established the 8 Division located in the northern part of Borno, specifically to clear the area of the remaining terrorist elements, while another division, 6 Division, will be established in the South-South,” Buratai said.
He emphasized that the establishment of the additional Army Divisions would bring the total number of divisions in the Nigerian Army to eight.

“Emerging threats to the security of our nation, which has been aggravated by the proliferation of armed groups, has added to the task of the military in protecting the lives of Nigerians and the integrity of its territory.

“The focus of the Nigerian Army, today, is to find lasting solutions to these contemporary threats posed by the activities of the armed groups and their allies.

“The Nigerian Army therefore remains poised to the extermination of the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria. Today, they can no longer hold any territory as it used to be in the past that is why they have resorted to the use of IEDs to hit soft targets,” he said.

Cc; Lalasticlala, ishilove, seun

source: http://leadership.ng/news/491489/army-double-current-personnel-force-2024-buratai

1 Like

Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by bigiyaro(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2016
Rubbish.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by ritzybaby(f): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2016
@captain1Nigeria (Major Umaru)..... Morning sir! How 'x the work sir?[b][/b]
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by kozmokaz(m): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2016
that s only if der will b anything like Nigeria by den.... cux from d current situation on ground, d division of ds country s inevitable
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by ritzybaby(f): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2016
kozmokaz:
that s only if der will b anything like Nigeria by den.... cux from d current situation on ground, d division of ds country s inevitable
jeeeez.... I think lalasticlala should kick this to the front page
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by kozmokaz(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2016
ritzybaby:
jeeeez.... I think lalasticlala should kick this to the front page

no he wont

he prefer davido and flavour baby mamas hitting front page dan d security of his country
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Olabestonic001(m): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2016
kozmokaz:

Lolz.
There will always be NIGERIA. The evolution of a country is no joke at all. Nigeria went through the Civil War, the annulled election of 1993 and the last election and came back without division. I don't see Nigeria breaking. Nigeria will come out of all its problems more smarter and wiser. Had Kaduna Nzeogwu let us be in 1966, we would have moved further. Also, had GMB let us be in 1983, we would have evolved better. In 1983, Maitatsine and corruption was the reason GMB and his cohorts took power ditto Kaduna Nzeogwu. This time around, we would get it right in JESUS NAME.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by sayyid(m): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2016
hmmm dey need more ppl to fight boko boyz
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by kozmokaz(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Lolz.
There will always be NIGERIA. The evolution of a country is no joke at all. Nigeria went through the Civil War, the annulled election of 1993 and the last election and came back without division. I don't see Nigeria breaking. Nigeria will come out of all its problems more smarter and wiser. Had Kaduna Nzeogwu let us be in 1966, we would have moved further. Also, had GMB let us be in 1983, we would have evolved better. In 1983, Maitatsine and corruption was the reason GMB and his cohorts took power ditto Kaduna Nzeogwu. This time around, we would get it right in JESUS NAME.

frankly speaking ...am even tired of dis entity call Nigeria !

corruption every were. even our educational system zi
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2016
ritzybaby:
@captain1Nigeria (Major Umaru)..... Morning sir! How 'x the work sir?[b][/b]
major umar is dead, he die in active service 2014 , may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Generaloluseye: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
Captain1Nigeria:
hmmmmm
pls sir do u know when the short service form ll be out.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
Generaloluseye:
pls sir do u know when the short service form ll be out.
seriously I wouldn't tell u lie that I know the actually date bt it can come out anytime, atleast u have moretime to be prepare for it .wish u all the best sir.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Generaloluseye: 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for ur sincere answer
Captain1Nigeria:
seriously I wouldn't tell u lie that I know the actually date bt it can come out anytime, atleast u have moretime to be prepare for it .wish u all the best sir.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by babyfaceafrica: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
Good one
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Sirlancelot(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2016
Pure fallacy,you want to do that but still dismissing on mere punishable offfence.Sir,157 taskforce BN and 118 dismissed over 150 soldier due to a case that could have been pardoned.It is a pity
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by ritzybaby(f): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2016
Captain1Nigeria:
major umar is dead, he die in active service 2014 , may his soul rest in perfect peace.
hmmm... Sobs, so pathetic, is he d one on yhur profile?
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2016
Generaloluseye:
Thanks for ur sincere answer
hop your good, airforce dssc will be out on 18th of is month..start preparing n may the lord grant u success.

1 Like

Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Generaloluseye: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
Captain1Nigeria:
hop your good, airforce dssc will be out on 18th of is month..start preparing n may the lord grant u success.
thanks sir.
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Generaloluseye: 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Captain1Nigeria:
just as u said sir. it ll start on the 18th. but my course is not there as there re few courses. pls any idea about the army. i ll be able to apply for SSC in that. thanks sir
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
Generaloluseye:
just as u said sir. it ll start on the 18th. but my course is not there as there re few courses. pls any idea about the army. i ll be able to apply for SSC in that. thanks sir
I haven't heard anything bt will keep u posted, have a niceday sir.

1 Like

Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Generaloluseye: 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Captain1Nigeria:
I haven't heard anything bt will keep u posted, have a niceday sir.
ok sir
Re: Army To Double Current Personnel Force By 2024 – Buratai by Captain1Nigeria(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Generaloluseye:
ok sir
hey, hope ur good, been on operations that made me busy to browse even to let u know abt the ssc stuff, try and register after 24th of is month, have a pleasant evening.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Says There Are Saboteurs In His Government / Breaking News: Court Orders FCT Minister To Be Jailed / EFCC spokeman not aware of the accussation leveled against it by fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.