Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End (4022 Views)

Soldiers Storm Niger Delta For Operation Crocodile Smile II / Northern Governors Arrive Abia State After IPOB Clash With Military. Photos / Rivers Rerun: Thug With Military-Police Uniform Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by kelechiodo(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said he would shift his attention to the Niger Delta at the end of this month to decisively deal with the issue of oil theft in the country.
This is even as he, again, vowed to break the vicious circle of corruption, insecurity and downturn in the nation’s economy, which has led to massive unemployment in the nation.
President Buhari, who made the remarks in an interview on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) last night decried the effect of oil theft to Nigeria’s economy and vowed that his administration would begin to tackle the menace at the end of July.
He explained that the shift in attention would be possible because the multi-national forces that would fight the Boko Haram insurgency would have been fully in place in the country by then.
The president said his administration would streamline the management of funds from the oil-sector and noted that he had already started the process by ensuring that all funds from the sector goes to the Federation Account.
Buhari said: “The amount of crude being stolen, the sabotage and the vandalism of our pipelines have cost the country a lot. If people know the cost of the crude we lose through the activities of theft and vandals, they would be amazed.
“So, we are going to sanitize that sector and ensure that we plug all the leakages. We are trying to get the technocrats in the private sector to help us so that we can also help ourselves.
“The cost of corruption is so high that we are trying to ensure that revenue from agencies like the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) go into the federation account and is not diverted.”
He also promised to expand the nation’s income by focusing on alternative sectors to oil.
President Buhari also lamented that Nigeria was yet to have steady power supply even after having spent about $20 billion to fix the nation’s power sector.
http://nigerianreviews.com/buhari-declares-war-against-oil-thieves/

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by HungerBAD: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Now that's a President talking.

In other words, the kids gloves have been taken off. The Kids Gloves that President Goodluck Jonathan wore during his tenure, and finally some real MAN has arrived to BUHARI the ATEKE'S,TOMPOLO,ASARI,EDWARD CLARK.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.(Thomas Jefferson) So, if it is people from my part of Nigeria(SS) that wants to hold us back, then i say let us water the tree of Liberty with their bloods. Jerry Rawlings did it in Ghana, and today Ghana is reaping the rewards.

We cannot allow any region in Nigeria, hold us back from marching ahead.

12 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by INTROVERT(f): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Na wa
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by wachakuta(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
Another GEJ policy under PMB

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by INTROVERT(f): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
HungerBAD:

Dont take it out for context......

It's for good.
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by hackerboogey: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Imortal001: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
Baba is slow but steady! 100%ly like my presido!

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by shachris06: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
If you are a criminal stealing our oil, then you must be made to face the full wrath of the law.... simple.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by shema101(f): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
Noted
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by gab264(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
kelechiodo:
President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said he would shift his attention to the Niger Delta at the end of this month to decisively deal with the issue of oil theft in the country.
This is even as he, again, vowed to break the vicious circle of corruption, insecurity and downturn in the nation’s economy, which has led to massive unemployment in the nation.
President Buhari, who made the remarks in an interview on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) last night decried the effect of oil theft to Nigeria’s economy and vowed that his administration would begin to tackle the menace at the end of July.
He explained that the shift in attention would be possible because the multi-national forces that would fight the Boko Haram insurgency would have been fully in place in the country by then.
The president said his administration would streamline the management of funds from the oil-sector and noted that he had already started the process by ensuring that all funds from the sector goes to the Federation Account.
Buhari said: “The amount of crude being stolen, the sabotage and the vandalism of our pipelines have cost the country a lot. If people know the cost of the crude we lose through the activities of theft and vandals, they would be amazed.
“So, we are going to sanitize that sector and ensure that we plug all the leakages. We are trying to get the technocrats in the private sector to help us so that we can also help ourselves.
“The cost of corruption is so high that we are trying to ensure that revenue from agencies like the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) go into the federation account and is not diverted.”
He also promised to expand the nation’s income by focusing on alternative sectors to oil.
President Buhari also lamented that Nigeria was yet to have steady power supply even after having spent about $20 billion to fix the nation’s power sector.
sir with due respect fix our currency,
diversify our economy, #bring back maa cows #

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Andyblaze: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2015

Wololowotigbo

♦•♦#BITG♦•♦
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
so this man done conceed victory to book haram

14 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by eleko1: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Gon spoil market for Elder Clark,Tompolo and dat Asiere Dokunbo .Ride on PMB cool

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by kelechiodo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
But why so much obessision with Niger delta. The other day, it was calabar, now the entire Niger delta area. why not channel the whole military resources towards eradicating Boko Haram before waging another endless war.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Dbboy(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
which is more important, bokoharam or the old eastern region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by basilo101: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Kill all the muda.fvkas. Now let d idiots kw dat Igbos are the least of their problems
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by furezra(m): 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
We are waiting.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by furezra(m): 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
We are waiting. Do your best

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by ajepako(f): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
IS this old dude for real??

Boko Haram is killing his people in the north on daily basis yet the army is inactive there

Now, Niger Delta that is a bit peaceful is where he is sending the army?

Now I believe this old dude is a tribal and confused geriatric..

Which is more dangerous and volatile? Northeast or Niger Delta?

Anyway, wetin consign me? I be Lagosian omo Yoruba..

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by SUBMARINE: 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
shachris06:
If you are a criminal stealing our oil, then you must be made to face the full wrath of the law.... simple.

You mean your cocoa oil grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by feedburna: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
Asari: ***rings ateke ***
Ateke: Alahaji of the creek!
Asari: Commander of waraways!
Ateke: how far?!
Asari: Bros, I no understand dis daura man
Ateke: how market na?
A sari: A beg put boyloaf on conference
*****ding dong ding dong ding *****
boy loaf: hello
The two: Inspector general how far?
boyloaf : I dey, dis one una dey disturb my siaster, I hope...
D 2: all is not well
boy loaf: how?
D 2: call the boys tell them we get 'ikere alert'
****** to be continued grin *****

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by manny4life(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
BH is killing and maiming a lot of people, he's more concerned about oil theft. I want to see how this pans out, declaring war in the ND will only complicate issues, and I mean from a military, political and economic perspective. This is not the time for this; how many wars is he gonna fight? With what resources? Has he forgotten so quickly this is not a military era, anyway good luck to him.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by ajepako(f): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
shachris06:

But if you are a terrorist killing, pillaging and causing mass destruction on daily basis, you must be given a free reign to practice your 'vocation' like PMB is doing to his own people in the north, right?

Seriously , guy,, think..

Believe me, both are atrocious and evil, but Niger delta is a lesser evil compared to BH..

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by betty202020(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
kelechiodo:
that is ur aim. oil. who check groundnut, cow, cocoa, illegal gold mining in sokoto and other parts of north. all ur attention is in oil.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by ajepako(f): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
If you are a criminal stealing our oil, then you must be made to face the full wrath of the law.... simple. [/quote]

But if you are a terrorist killing, pillaging and causing mass destruction on daily basis, you must be given a free reign to practice your 'vocation' like PMB is doing to his own people in the north, right?

Believe me, both are atrocious and evil, but Niger delta is a lesser evil compared to BH..

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
HungerBAD:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.(Thomas Jefferson) So, if it is people from my part of Nigeria(SS) that wants to hold us back, then i say let us water the tree of Liberty with their bloods.

[b]
Honestly I wish we can meet. I'm niger deltan and your comments on watering the land with our blood is the beginning of your failure. Statements like this causes war and going through your comments you're either a kid or someone who has lost all in life and is frustrated. I pity you and your family because wen push comes to shove I wonder if you can stand facing the barrel of a gun.

Funniest thing is that people like you are so irrelevant in the scheme of things and only try to seek relevance online ranting like demented dogs and an issue conceived out of wedlock. Before you think of shedding our blood for the sake of liberty, your family and loved ones would have been wiped out and when you cry to the hills for help you will discover mincing words like a warrior does not make you one.

Looking at the issues in Nigeria we know the parasites and you seem to be one of them. We have excess crude account ECA, when are we going to have excess groundnut account or excess mining account.? There are lots of injustice going on and if as demented as you reason you think this is 1967 then you need a crash course on how advanced people have become over the years.

Make one wrong move in this nation and you will be surprised at the will and sheer strength of the Niger deltans. You will be marvelled at the level of funding that will flow to the region to sustain war and who do you think will lose? It's you lazy idiots that wait for government dividend to live your life. It's idiots like you thay wait for oyel money to get allocation to state. It's idiots like you that are too lazy and mentally bankrupt to derive legitimate sources of income apart from government funds.

I nor even get too much word to tell you. Had it been wishes were horses... Painful thing is that people like you understand properly only wen the head is off.

[/b]

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by shachris06: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
ajepako:

you mean our armies are not killing boko haram members and
fighting boko haram?
Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Chiefpriest1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
This your headline get k-leg abeg.

However, attempting to tackle the Niger Delta challenge with just military action will boomerang.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by BLOTRS: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Some one should please tell me a reasonable physical project that has been kicked off by buhari since may 29. seems he's only good at sacking people from the south in order to fill their position with someone from the north...quote me and prove me wrong. but first i need an answer to the 'physical project question'.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by HungerBAD: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
calebo101:

Honestly I wish we can meet. I'm niger deltan and tour comments on watering the land with our blood is the beginning of your failure. Statements like this causes war and going through your comments you're either a kid or someone who has lost all in life and is frustrated. I pity you and your family because wen push comes to shove I wonder if you can stand facing the barrel of a gun.

We fit meet na. Choose your date and time, i can even inbox you my number so we can make that arrangement.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Storm Niger Delta With Military Force By Month End by Buchukwu: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
This Idi0t wants to start killing innocent people in Niger Delta. We must resist it With guns and bullets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phcn Want Spoil My Freezer.photo / South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic / Photo: Chief Imam Of Ilorin Led Islamic Clerics For The 53rd Prayer For Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.