Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! (518 Views)

Paul Biya Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn Ways Of Catching Corrupt Officials. / 5 Sets Of Persons Who Betrayed Jonathan... And Nemesis Is Catching Up With Them / Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! by MissP2(f): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2016
Do I blame it on China? I don't really know. But there has been an increased cases of hoverboard fire incident in the past few weeks.

The hoverboards which became very popular last year was a major gift item during the yuletide period. However, with the increasing cases of hoverboard explosions, it may be a sudden end to the famed machine.

Schools in the US have already started banning their students from returning to campus with the machine. The colleges point to dozens of reported hoverboard fires and say they worry the boards could become a safety hazard on campus.
"I just don't want to have a situation where we have a fire because of one of these and we had prior knowledge that they were not safe," said Len Dolan, managing director of fire safety at Kean University, which instituted a ban. "I don't want to react to a problem. I want to be proactive and prevent a problem."

Even railway agencies have announced that hoverboards will no longer be permitted on trains “due to concerns over potential fire hazards.”

Few days ago, a hoverboard unboxing video went viral on a youtube vlog. The video captured the moment a brand new hoverboard caught fire on its first use.
Is this the end of hoverboards? Watch video below. Then tell us what you think.

Source: http://www.234ping.com/2016/01/video-hoverboards-now-catching-fire.html
Re: Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! by MissP2(f): 11:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! by Slikbae: 11:21am On Jan 18, 2016
hohoho
Re: Hoverboards Now Catching Fire! by decatalyst(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2016
If it likes make e blow up and down!

Thanks to God for my legs that can walk properly!

(1) (Reply)

Jos Electricity Company Announces Distribution Of 15,000 Pre-paid Metres / How APC Pays People To Pose As Credible Contributors On Nairaland / Tompolo Makes U-Turn Ready To Face EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.