Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Standing In The Midst Of A Storm - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Standing In The Midst Of A Storm (514 Views)

How Do Couples Living In One Room With Kids Cope With Love Making In Their Midst / This Little Girl Was Found In The Midst Of Monkeys Inside A Remote Forest (read / Can You Identify The Mum In The Midst Of These Twin Sisers, Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Standing In The Midst Of A Storm by greenapplejuice: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
Have you ever been caught up in a storm before? Whether on land, at sea or in the air, it’s not usually a pleasant experience. At least that’s what those who have been there have told us. One constant feature of storms is that they toss anything in their way from side to side and possibly fling them to places they never planned to be. We have read stories and seen movies of people who found themselves in strange islands after experiencing storms at sea.

One interesting story I have read several times over is that of a preacher who actually found it comfortable to sleep in a storm ravaged boat. His friends may have said their last prayers expecting the worst when they thought it wise to find out from him why he was not disturbed at their collective plight.

The story has it that this preacher simply got up from his bed, and in utter disgust at his friends’ cowardice, told the wind and the waves to be quiet. Indeed they obeyed and the storm was nowhere to be found.

That story gives me a picture of life in itself. We may not all be able to tell the storms and challenges we go through to stop, but we can at least try to stand firm even in the midst of them all. I hear someone ask how.
We may very well find our lives in places we don’t intend if we do not stick to our values. That is of course if we have good values, because with wrong values, you don’t even need a storm to send you into a lonely island. Wrong values will carry you there quite conveniently.

Values are the things you like and do to make you happy, healthy, safe and even successful. They are the principles and living patterns that are so important to you that they actually determine how you live your life without you even realizing it.

DEED THINKING; Think about the things you do that mean a lot to you. Do you like helping people, seeing that people are not cheated, seeing people happy, being around friends and family?

Good values such as Love, Honesty, Sacrifice, Faithfulness, Joyfulness etc will ensure you stand strong in spite of all and remain relevant to your generation.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Cynthia, My Father Is Threatening To Disown Me / h / Malkohi IDP Camp In Yola Welcomes 4 New Babies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.