Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi (795 Views)

Prophet T.B. Joshua Speaks Of Pope Francis Of The Catholic Church / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
What did Francis of Assisi mean by these words:

[size=15pt]Preach God everywhere:  If necessary use words.[/size]

I've looked at a number of understandings of this phrase like here
http://richestmaninassisi..com/2006/03/preach-gospel-if-necessary-use-words.html

http://www.challies.com/archives/general-news/its-always-nece.php

http://www.revelife.com/701014198/dont-settle-for-words-when-preaching-the-gospel/
Re: Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2009
Francis of Asisi is perhaps the greatest christian leader of the last 1000 years May his soul continue to rest in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi by KAG: 3:53am On Jun 24, 2009
Pastor AIO:

What did Francis of Assisi mean by these words:

Works pay more dividends than talk. Actions speak louder than words. Those are two expressions that come to mind when I read the attributed quote. In my opinion, St. Francis was advocating something I think many Christians forget: behaving "Christ-like" is probably the best way to show people the validity of the Gospels. Essentially, acting with love is a better witness to the love of Christ in a person than simply talking about love and not necessarily showing the evidence of such supposedly live changing love in one's life.

Two pence.
Re: Preach God Everywhere - Francis Of Assissi by PastorAIO: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2016
KAG:

Works pay more dividends than talk. Actions speak louder than words. Those are two expressions that come to mind when I read the attributed quote. In my opinion, St. Francis was advocating something I think many Christians forget: behaving "Christ-like" is probably the best way to show people the validity of the Gospels. Essentially, acting with love is a better witness to the love of Christ in a person than simply talking about love and not necessarily showing the evidence of such supposedly live changing love in one's life.

Two pence.

cool

(1) (Reply)

Extra-terrestial Intelligence - Belief & Reality / Shocking, but true!!! / Self Righteousness Means What To U In The Light Of The Christian Holy Scripture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.